Chapter 26 Showers And Puddles

Our Surrogate Omega
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nichkhun 

The party was going well, and our grumpy omega seemed to finally be relaxing. I'd even seen him laugh a few times with his old boss Minjun, so that was a win. Whatever images I'd had before this one where I'd seen pregnancy as being this happy, golden time of watching our omega grow our seed and bring forth life while growing prettily and nesting adorably had been blown to bits months ago.

The first trimester had been all the puking, all the time, or at least it had felt that way. The second trimester was heartburn, and gas...so much gas. And weird food cravings, which probably contributed to the gas. Plus, he'd always been tired, and forgetful as . Some of things he'd done had been hilarious, while others had pissed him off. But those were usually inconsequential things like forgetting to initial Sica's reading logs for school or small things of that nature.

Once I'd gone in the kitchen to see what was taking him si long to make a cup of tea, only to find him passed out at the table with the teapot and cup in front of him, but rather the tea strainer, he'd had loose tea leaves sticking out of the garlic press. It had been funny as hell, although he hadn't thought so. And the pic I'd snapped and posted to Instagram with #preggobrain and #alwaystired probably hadn't helped matters.

This last trimester though? Holy on a cracker, Batman. This one had been a series of hormonal mood swings, swollen ankles, balance issues from the belly, mood swings, constant hunger, inability to sleep properly which only worsened the mood swings, more gas, and being constantly hot and sweaty. Oh, and don't forget more mood swings. And his mood could change on a dime. He'd be happy then crying, or even happy crying. And when he got upset, it wasn't minor level irritable. No, it was full-blown nuclear rage, which wasn't our normal Eewon. Yeah, all things being equal? I'd be happy when the baby arrived and we got our omega back. Although, I'd be lying if I said the fact that he somehow managed to be twice as through all that wasn't a plus.

Yeah, it was good to see him relaxing and enjoying himself. The pregnancy was almost over, and soon we'd be cuddling our newborn son and planning our handfasting. Kai had even suggested one of his commune members to perform it. The fact that he lived in a commune or knew someone that could perform our handfasting hadn't surprised me in the least. Sica wanted to be involved, too, but we were waiting until after the babypocalypse ended before adding the stress of planning that event.

Speaking of Kai, I looked up when I heard him say my name "Hey, Kai. Thanks for coming today, it meant a lot to Ewon to have you here."

Kai dipped his head then looked up at me with an almost-regretful smile "I was meditating this morning, and it came to me in a moment of clarity that I'd harshed your bliss yesterday. Although I stand by my feelings of not having our glorious life bringer in the vicinity of a rescue cat, no matter how much they need to be adopted. However, I could have approached from a kinder, more explanatory angle rather than giving voice to panic. Especially if you didn't know the dangers and meant only harmony for the kitty and your family, right? For this reason, I apologize for the zest with which I spoke."

I looked down at the earnest little zen-zippy guy and smiled too put him at ease "Kai, dude, five minutes of telling us the reality of what a bad idea we'd had didn't...harsh our...buzz? Bliss! Bliss. Not fuzz. Sorry. But yeah...I mean, no...you didn't do anything wrong. We get that you were concerned for our mate, which only made us respect you more. Now, tell me how much trouble I'm going to be in with you for also getting a puppy."

Kai blinked several times, looking nearly apologetic for a second before shaking his head. He connected his palms infront of his chest and inhaled through his nose "Peace, my friend. The spirits have assured me that the new soul is arriving sooner than we think. I am not going to bring negativity around the life bringer now. just promise to keep any and all animals, along with their excitement, away from Ewon and the babe. That is all I ask of you."

He bowed and scurried away before I could respond, muttering something unintelligible under his breath. I bit back a grin and looked up just in time to see Taecyeon walking hesitantly back through the door with his father at his side. And, of course, his dad was carrying the puppy. It's little face was peeking out from his lapel where he was stashed inside his sports coat. Oh, snap. Okay, it was time to do this thing. I strode over and met up with them right as they reached Ewon.

"Ewon? I'd like you to meet my father, Ok Richard, Sr." Taecyeon smiled nervously as turned to his dad "Dad, this is our mate, Ewon."

"Richard...?" Ewon said and then smacked his palm to his lips looking embarrassed by his blandder.

I bit the inside of my lips to prevent myself laughing out loud.

Taecyeon looked surprised.

But his dad was unaffected "Hello, Ewon. It's a pleasure to meet you. And I'll have you know that before my marriage, many beautiful omegas used to call me Big ." he winked at Ewon "You can call me dad, if you'd like? Or works too. I wouldn't mind you calling me Big , perhaps you'd like to go with that?" givi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter