Chapter 20 - MIL Needs To Go

Our Surrogate Omega
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nichkhun

I rushed up the drive after parking at the carb and practically flying out of my car at the view I saw in front of me. I was willing my heart not to stop in my chest at the sight of our hysterical omega being led to an old blue and white VW van that was haphazardly parked across our driveway.

"Hey! What the hell is going on and where do you think you are taking Ewon?" I stormed up protectively to block their exit.

The doula dude ignored me while he continued carefully guiding Ewon to the van while a tearful Sica dragged along behind her rolling Winnie the Pooh suitcase.

"Pumpkin? What's going on here? Talk to me please." I tried to keep my voice calm and level. Damn, this was when I needed Taec and his ability to remain steady.

"Just let me g-go, I've d-done enough d-damange." Ewon blubbered as he leaned heavily on the new-aged .

"Damage? What the hell, Pumpkin? We need to get you inside where we can talk, you don't need to be going anywhere, especially in this condition." my mind was frantically trying to figure out what we'd done to make our omega flee. Sica's garbled phone call to me hadn't done much to explain things either.

I stepped in front of the two men, holding a hand up when the doula was about to speak "Ewon, please talk to me. Why did Sica call me in tears, and why are you taking my family away from me?"

Ewon shook his head, his sobs slowing as he steeled himself to talk "I'm n-not taking him away. We'll co-parent or something, but I can't be here. I'm not a , a mooch, or a side piece! And I'm n-not a home-wrecking piece of omega scum...or an incubator. And I'won't stay in a place where I'm nothing more than a dirty secret, Nichkhun."

My mind was spinning as I desperately tried to make sense of what was happening "Ewon. I'm not talking about the baby. When I referred to my family, I meant all three of you. You, Sica, and the baby. Please, don't take my family away."

"Perhaps we could table this for now, doll. This negative energy isn't best for the babe of his father. he's coming home with us where he can be surrounded by a place of curative healing peace and meditative calm as Ewon readies himself for his journey into fatherhood. Once the spirits have aligned and the new soul has entered onto this celestial plane, we will notify you and your husband of the babe's arrival."

I looked down at the doula, and shook my head rather than say something unkind. Since Ewon wasn't making sense and zen-diddy there wasn't even on the same planet as us, I turned to the one person wh could be counted on to be reasonable. Our eight-year-old.

"Sica girl, can you please tell me what happened? I couldn't understand you on the phone."

"That mean lady called Oppa all those bad things and made him cry. He was about to make dinner and I was going to read about how to take care of rabbits, but then that mean lady showed up at the door. kai came when I was on the phone with you, that's why I had to go. I was afraid the mean lady was back, but it was just Kai, so I let him in."

I nodded, understanding a bit better but still lacking the complete picture. I turned back just in time to see Ewon start to fall. The wasn't big enough to stop his forward momemtum as I sprang into action and caught him. Without stopping to give a if this was proper atiquette when your super-pregnant future mate was trying to bail, I just scopped him up and carried him back toward the house.

"Come on, Sica. Shake a leg, you're not going anywhere right now. Can you go up ahead and open the door for me, sweet girl?"

Sica ran past me, her suitcase dragging on one wheel behind her as she went by in a flash.

"Unhand him, alpha." the normally peacful voice of the doula raised as he tried to assert himself on Ewon's behalf "The expectant father is the one to make the calls here, and he has firmly expressed his wishes to vacate this zone of negativity."

I turned sideways to get through the door, Ewon now clinging to my neck and crying softly. I turned and leveled a glare to the beta "I appreciate that you are trying to care for my future mate, but I have it from here. You need to leave now, Kai. This is just a misundestanding that needs to be sorted. We'll call you when we need you, but right now I need to speak to my future mate privately."

"I cannot in conscience just lea-"

Whatever else he was about to say was lost as Sica reached around and shutt the door on him then locking it for good measure. I bit back a laugh at the girl's firm response, along with a heavy sigh of relief as I headed over to the couch. I lowered Ewon into his favorite nesting corner

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter