Chapter 22 Jessica Shines

Our Surrogate Omega
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ewon

"Are you sure you're up for this?" Nichkhun asked me for at least the fifth time. We were going to an art gallery opening that was featuring one of Jessica's sculptures and it was exactly an hour away, which you would've thought was in another country the way they were fussing.

Not that you could pay me to miss it even if it were in another country. Jessica had been granded the honor after winning a local art contest. The judges didn't even know her age, just saw the piece, so we couldn't even blame it on her adorableness which she had in spades. When Yoona-ssi had her enter, I feared it would only lead to heartache because who expects a child to win a juried contes, but Yoona-ssi insisted there was something special about the particular piece and two months later, she was in the paper as the youngest to ever win the prize.

Eat that, heads at her old school. my baby sister is an artistic genius on top of all things.

"For the last time, i'm pregnant, not sick." I might weight a ton, waddle, have ankles the size of my calves, and have heartburn more often than not, sick I was not.

"But it is an hour drive." I appreciated my alpha's worry, I really did, but Nichkhun needed to drop it.

He stepped over to Taecyeon who fastened his tie. I knew Nichkhun could manage that task every bit as well as Taecyeon could, but this was a routine with them whenever they got dressed up, which wasn't often enough if you asked me. If it weren't for my overly excited and rightly so sister waiting for us, they might not be wearing those suits long.

"Which is about our round trip every morning to Sica's school." not that I was making those trips eveeryday anymore, but that was beside the point.

"But what if you go into labor?"

Taecyeon kissed Nichkhun before stepping around him to tie my bowtiw. Unlike Nichkhun, there had been zero chances of me tying it correctly, and in the end, it would have been a half-assed wrinkly mess.

"Then we have a baby." I bumped him with my belly because why the not, and Nichkhun cracked up at the look I put on Taecyeon's face.

"Taecyeon, help me out here." Nichkhun pleaded, to which I responded by kissing Taecyeon soundly, not afraid to use every weapon in my arsenal.

"Absolutely not. I want to see our little girl's time to shine." he winked at me before straightening his own tie, which I managed to muss with my belly bumping silliness.

"I thought I could at least count on you to be on my side with this one." he pouted. Ever since the crap went down with Taecyeon's mother, Nichkhun had become more protective than ever. Most days I enjoyed it. This night was not most days.

"You underestimate the excitement of that little girl downstairs, the one who has been dressed in her fancy dress for an hour, waiting on us."

It had been more like two. She'd barely eaten. When she'd gone to the gallery opening with Yoona-ssi a few months back, it was all she could talk about for weeks. She could hardly believe she was going to be part of something that amazing. To be fair, I think the judges couldn't, either, their shock evident by some of their comments after her name was announced.

Never underestimate my sister.

"It's pretty amazing what she's accomplished." Nichkhun agreed with Taecyeon.

"She's pretty amazing." Taecyeon's eyes sparkled with pride.

"I look fat." I spurted as I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. Paternity suits were never attractive, but this far along I looked like a blimp. And Taecyeon had insisted on me getting one of the fancy ones from some store whose name I couldn't even pronounce, so it wasn't like I had on junk. No, I was huge.

"No." Taecyeon tillted my chin up with his finger "You look pregnant and y as ." it was hard not to believe him when his voice drooled of desire that way. But the truth was, no matter the reason, I looked ridiculous in the suit.

"In a suit that looks like was sewed for an elephant." I mumbled under my breath, something I was sure I'd pay for later in the bedroom. Taecyeon had recently discovered that while Nichkhun was all into the daddy thing, I apparently was only into the spanking aspect of it. He liked to save excuses for said spankings even if he held back a little too much for my liking, out of pregnancy paranoia.

"Elephants do not wear suits." Nichkhun piped in as he slid on his best dress shoes. I would never understand dress shoes. Black sneakers looked just as good and hurt hella less. I had a feeling if I weren't preggo, I'd have been urged very strongly to wear them, but as it stood, neither of my alphas said a word.

"That's not exactly helpful." I snipped a little to harshly, covering it up with a wink. The darn hormones had me overreacting too far to many things, and while I worked hard to keep it in check, I didn't always manage.

"It's getting late." Jessica screamed from downstairs.

"We'll be right down." Taecyeon hollered back. There had been a time not too long ago when he would've ignored her saying she could come and speak to him if she wanted to, but he wouldn't respond to her choosing not to walk the few steps. He finally realized that wasn't a battle worth fighting "I'll go calm our little artist."

He walked away and both Nichkhun and I watched him, staring at his delectable . Like any red-blooded man could resist that.

"You sure you're okay?" Nichkhun came over, pulling me into his arms or trying to, my belly preventing a full embrace "She'd understand." he whispered in my ear before nibbling on it. He very much did not play fair.

And truth was, I knew she would. Sica wasn't like most kids I knew. She in many ways was wise beyond her years, and if I told her I needed to stay home for the baby she'd probably insist on only one of the guys going with her so the other could keep me safe. That didn't mean I was willing to miss her special once-in-a-lifetime evening.

"And if I thought it was dangerous for either the baby or me, I would.You know this."

"Fine." he dropped to his knees, his face in front of my belly. He was always y on his knees, but there was nothing ier than him doing so to talk to our son as had become a habit with both of them. I was a lucky- omega "But you stay in there, little man, and maybe, just for tonight can you keep off your Dada's bladder. He could use a break."

"Isn't that the truth." I laughed as I offered him a hand up, keeping hold of it as we walked down to see a very bouncy, overly excited Sica.

The ride to the gallery had taken longer than planned, thanks to not one but two detours. Thankfully we arrived a half hour before the opening and we were able to take a tour, see Jessica's work and the shockingly high price they slapped

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter