Getting acquainted

Hidden

Nancy's jaw dropped at what she saw. 

"Dear, as what I said, this would be the university you would be in. Dont worry, everything here is free. Ill explain to you everything if youll stop your gawking anytime" He said while chuckling. 

Nancy closed and wondered. 'When did I even started to understand their language?' Nancy thought.

"ARGHH!" A yell supported with a loud thump was heard troughout the front of the university. A book was throwned on top of Nancy's head and hit her awfully direct. Nancy touched her bruised head and looked at the man but he is just looking at her while smiling from ear to ear.

"Sorry, im really sorry, im just mastering my power as you could see." A girl with a bob-cat hair walked towards Nancy and smiled and bowed at her and also to the man.

"Good morning head master" Nancy's ears perked up at what she had heard.
"Head master? So the man im with lately is actually our head master. God, its my first day and I already made something ridiculous, this is embarassing' Nancy thought and internally face palmed herself.

"I guess youre the new student? Im Hyebin. Well, its been 2 years when we had seen a new comer here and she is still that snobbish and I hope youre not like her" the girl she presume as Hyebin explained to her.

Nancy began confused. 'Power? New comer? 2 years? Is there even a school that doesnt recruit students every year? Especially a university like this?' 

"Nancy, this university picks the best students only. It was made by the higher ups so that they could protect the kids like you here. As you can see, there are kids like you here too. They have powers and charms like you do an-" the head master stopped midway an looked at Nancy with a little bit of wide eyes before returning to his calm ad comppsed self again.

"So you hadent realized your power yet?" This time, it was Nancy's turn to widen her eyes. 

"Dear, Darkwood university is a university for kids with special powers and youre one of them. So all these years you still doesnt know whats your power or charm?" Nancy shook her head and remained her gaze on the ground. Her sight is getting blurry and she couldnt stand straight, then everything went black.

-- 

Nancy woke up when she felt a touch on her head. Nancy opened her eyes and closed it back abruptly after seeing a woman, maybe older than her for a year leaning against her with its face so close to Nancy's.

"Oh, youre awake, sorry. Well, youd been asleep for like 4 hours already. Its good to have a nice sleep but its quite alarming if you sleep forever" the girl said, she assumed as Daisy (because Nancy opened her eyes already and took a peek at the girl's tag) said jokingly.

'She is adorable' Nancy thought.

"Dont believe her beauty, thats not even true" Another girl which is surprisingly fast at talking warned Nancy. 

"Oh shut up Jane!"Daisy glared at Jane but the latter just shrugged it off leaving a dumb founded Nancy behind. Daisy sighed and closed her eyes. Slowly, her skin was turning and flipping like scales, which causes Nancy's jaw drop and eyes to widen for the nth time already this day. Then another girl is formed infront of her. The girl is shorter, has yoda ears and a nice waved hair.

"Thats the true Daisy, the one you saw lately is Dahyun, one of our co-league here." Nancy saw Jane approach her and patted her shoulder. This is all too weird for her own good really. Speaking of league, Nancy rose up her courage and decided to ask.

"Uhm, where am I?" 

"Youre on the school's students officer's office" Daisy answered Nancy and began to plop back at her desk.

"Well, youll be going with me since im assigned to explain you everything since the head master isnt feeling well" Jane told Nancy and smiled. 

"Youre cute!" Nancy felt a pair of arms on her, engulfing her on a hug. She is a fan of skinships too thats why she didnt hesitate to return it.

"Okay thats enough, lets go Nancy" Jane said while grabbing the latters hand.

They started to walk into the hallways while Jane is explaining the rules, places and Nancy's schedule to her. She was told to start her class 2 weeks from now so those spare times she has could be used as skill practicing time or rest time. Nancy saw the other students showing their skills. Some has super strength, some runs fast like flash and some well, looking at nowhere maybe realizing what theyre doing there too.

"Youre going to like it here, you will be classing your first day with a little commotion since many wants to know you more and well, me and my friends will bring you to lunch" Jane started that made Nancy snap out of her trance. She quirked an eyebrow showing her confusion.

"Im a Vocifer which made my skill as Vocifery. Its the ability to be able to tell somone the fact, everytime and everywhere they want" Jane explained further that made Nancy even further. And even though Nancy mindlessly could read the latter's thought (which she believes because she is on her awestruck state) that keeps on telling herself that Nancy is really beautiful amd cute, Nancy decided to pry.

"Like future reading?" This time, Hane shook her head.

"No, its just that, words are spitting out of my mouth and well, they are all fact or sometimes, I could make them come true if im that desperate for that to happen but honestly, I havent tried that before." Jane ended and Nancy could only nod in response.

"So, still we doesnt still know what is your ability or charm, you would still be in the minor pit. Those pit includes students with powers that arent that rare and exotic. You know, powers that could be find on movies. Like super strength, superhuman agility, godly-speed and when the time comes that you had already discovered your power and its one of the major abilities, you would be changed on the major pit. Major abilities includes the 7 rarest and exotic powers, psychokinesis, shapeshifting, elemental wielding, clairvoyance, vocifery and power mimicry. On the books, omnipotence is one of the major abilities but theres still no written history about it but rumors spread tht there is a man who is omnipotent and he has an unknown daughter but eventually, that was left unknown until now, they said that the man died on an accident with his wife and daughter so, omnipotence was out of the list for now but still if anyone would be found out to be omnipotent, then he/she would be on the highest class of the major pit that no one had ever been through." Jane explained while walking into the minor pit's dorm rooms, looking for Nancy's ro number where Nancy's luggage are in already without Nancy even knowing.

"So, youre like demigods? Sons and 
daughters of gods and goddesses or something, cause all of you, I mean all of us has power rights?" Nancy hesitantly asked.

"Nope. Theres no written history about a demigod going in here. Maybe those are on the other charm universities out there but as long as I know, Darkwood is the only charm university in the whole wide universe" 

That made Nancy even confuse. How would she even know her power though?

"Uhm Jane, how did you know your powers though? What did you feel?"

"Well, I feel more strange when I was 14. Everything I say like 'that professor will eventually back out at service' will come true and real. Until, I was sent here by my dearest friend." 

Nancy thought for a while. Does she have any strange feeling since she was a kid until she turned 17 last month? Nothing.

"I feel nothing strange. I feel..normal" 

"Were still normal though!" Jane exaggeratedly exclaimed while faking annoyance and offense. Nancy laughed at her friend (because Jane said she would be eating her lunch on the first day of school with Jane amd er friends).

"So, here you go. Your room is 21, got it!" Jane smiled and waved at Nancy. 

Nancy take a look at her room and gape in awe. It feels like this room is bigger than her whole apartment. 'Damn, that woman is right. This school is really loaded'