Path to the place hidden by walls

Hidden

I looked around my room and examined the sorroundings, making sure that I have everything I needed. 

"This would be the first time. Ill see you soon my room"I said in no one in particular. I hate to stay away but I need to for my studies. 

I grabbed my luggage and went to the airport. I tuckked my headphone on and listened to some music that I know I wouldnt hear when I get to my destination. 

After 6 hours of travel, I arrived at the airport but now, there are somewhat, undecipherable letters and words written everywhere.

"Hi Maam, are you Ms. McDonie? Im here to assist you to your destination" A middle aged woman told me and smiled. I smiled to her too and well, she spoke in English so I understood what she said. I nodded and trailed behind her.

We walked in silence until we reached a cab. I heard the woman talked to the driver and the driver hesitantly nodded. Its in Korean so I barely understand what theyre saying.

The woman signalled me to get in the cab and I did.

"He will bring you to your destination. Then, youll walk on a little further from the cab's stopping point until you reached the university. I dont know much about it too so well, i dont know how the students are treated there. But believe me, that university is loaded" she smiled once more and close the door. I crooked a smile and signalled driver to go already.  

During the whole ride, I looked at the window and observe the scenery outside me. Its quite like a jungle. Trees are everywhere but still planted neatly and its so dim that even the scorching heat of the sun couldnt past through. 

I felt the cab stopped and the driver looked at me with a bit of horror in his face. Even though its obvious that he is a native korean and not so english-speaker, he tried to explain to me everything. 

I took a peek at whats outside and saw a bridge infront of us. It could just bring a person or two. I get out of the cab and get my luggage.

"You... go... at the city.... back.... me.. drive you.. no pay" the driver said again. He likes to drive me back to the city even without pay. Woah, is it that spooky here. Well, I had felt the creepiness but I could also imagibe disney places here though. 

I made an okay sign and smiled at him. He crooked a smile forcefully and as I made my first step, the cab's engine roared. I made my way to the end of the bridge and like how was I told by the lady, I walked further.

There I saw the creepy trees from the cab stop dissapeared and was changed into more nice and calming place. I know that its still the same jungle but this feels like its civilized already. 

I halted in my steps as I suddenly heard rumblings on my back and saw a carriage going in my direction with a man controlling the horse.

"Are you the new student? Nancy McDonie?" He asked me in a gentle but deep voice and I nodded. 

"Well, come with me. Ill bring you to the university and explain to you everything you needed and trust me, you would like it there" He crooked a smile and I couldnt help but to smile back. He has that fatherly aura around him. So light and calm and respecting too. 

I went inside the carriage and felt the carriage to pull off. The speed is nice, not that fast as the cab thats why I could see and enjoy the scenery more. The enormous dim trees are gone and replaced by perdectly planted trees with different flowers on the abundant green grass. Just like in a disney movie. I smiled and looked infront and immediately, my jaw hung open and my eyes widen a hundred more.

'Wow' I muttered underneathy breath. There I saw a castle sorrounded by hills, with water fall on the middle of the hill that carries the castle and a small village on its right side. Theres also a lake that divides the way to the castle into the village.

"Thats not a castle my dear, thats the university. The exact university youre going to be in" The man said like he had read my mind. University? Thats too big for it. 

The carriage start moving up to the hill and suprisingly, its isnt terryfing. Its feels like were floating actually. We continued for a minute until we had somewhat reached the front part of the ca- university. Its so huge. I was in awestruck mind and didnt even felt that our carriage started again. I could see is getting closer to the university's wall. A very big wall. Maybe its that secluded since its so nice.

"The woman was right, this university is loaded" I thought but saw the man smiled again. He nodded and maybe, my thoughts are too loud. 

The carriage had moved a little bit faster until were practically dashing out. I hold at the bar on top of my head and saw us almost colliding at the wall.

"WAIT! YOURE GETTING US KILLED!" I shouted at the top of my lungs but the man is just laughing at me. I closed my eyes and felt terrified even more.

"STOP IT SERIOUSLY! I DONT WANT TO DI-" I was stopped midway by a sound.

I opened my eyes and figured out that were already pass the wall and were on the u..ni..ver.....sity. 

I widened my eyes at surprise because of what I saw. A castle like structure, a fountain in the middle of it with 2 ponds on the both sides. Students are there. But theyre albeit weird.

Wait, are they even humans?!

"Welcome to Darkwood University also known as the University of Charms" 

Oh no, what did i just entered to?