12th Star (Kang Daniel)

The Star is Me (KPOP One Shots)

“I’m proud of you” I told him when he went back from the stage.

“Did you like the show?” He asked his voice still hoarse from all the crying they did earlier.

 

“I did just like I always do. I hope you know that this is not the end for you Daniel”

“I know it isn’t it’s just everything is changing very fast and tomorrow I wouldn’t be going home with them.

“This is the price you pay for joining Produce 101. Goodbyes will always be inevitable. You just have to look at the goodbyes in a different angle. It isn’t a goodbye forever. One day, all 11 of you will see each other again. Things would be different then, you’ll be on your own, Minhyun and Sungwoon would be back to their original group while the others will be joined by their new group mates. It would never be the same Daniel but Wanna One isn’t just a group. Wanna One is composed of eleven hearts who love and met thru the show. You may stand on stage with different people but nothing can change the fact that you are wanna one. You will always be wanna one”

 

“I felt so apologetic towards the members. I wanted to last longer with them but I need to say goodbye. Didn’t know that this would be painful”

“You did your best and all the 512 days you spent together will always be precious”

“If only I can stay with them for a while longer”

“You can’t be unfair. Minhyun and sungwoon has group to go back to. They waited for a long time now. I know you wanted to stay with them but that’s not your reality Daniel. Wanna One would always live in the hearts and the minds of Wannables all over the world.”

 

“Thank you for being supportive”

“Anything for you”

 

“HYUNG! Let’ take a picture” Jihoon called the moment he arrived backstage.

“One las time Daniel” Jisung hyung said making us all stop and emotional.

There were no more next time and everybody knows that.

 

It was really emotional being here backstage with them.

The once rowdy wanna one boys are now quiet and sentimental.

No words of comfort can ever help them ease their hearts.

Tonight is the last night that they will be able to stand together as wanna one and call for their beloved Wannables.

 

Things are slowly changing. It was something that they knew will happen and had the time to prepare. Even so, no one can ever be prepared to say goodbye to someone who was a precious part of your life.

After today, things will be different. He will no longer be Daniel from Wanna One, he’ll just be a soloist.

Things will be different from today onwards.  

I don’t know what to say to make him feel less sad. Because I am also breaking from the inside.

 

Looking at Daniel breaking down hurts me for I know he’s been strong all these time. He had to be strong because he is one of the oldest. Tonight… For this last night together, he finally lowered his guard and showed how he truly felt.

 

I approached him and rubbed his back.

He looked up at me with tears still in his eyes.

“I’ll always be with you and so will the wannables. Wanna one might not be performing now but they will always live inside our hearts. We will never forget all the beautiful memories we created together.  Cheer up Daniel-ah, you did well and Thank you for being a member of Wanna one, MMO Entertainment’s Kang Daniel”