Chapter 9

Amidst the Chaos
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In celebration of my 1st anniv here on AFF and my birthday, here's another update for this week!

:)

Haera

Never have I once thought of looking for my real brother. It’ll break me, I know it. I taught myself, instead, to be brave, and to embrace the life and path that He has given me. No more questions. Just live life like you’re supposed to do. Then again, I wouldn’t be this strong if not for the man who stayed with me through ups and downs, treated me like his other half, and keep me steady when I’m about to fall down.

            So, I kept in mind that I don’t have another brother, because Jongin is my only brother. I wouldn’t trade him for the world. I may have called him stupid a lot of times (well, to my defense, he really is), but I’m the only one who can call him that. Anyone else calling him stupid is an offense to humanity. (Fight me!) We’re each other’s enemy and ally. He’s the only one allowed to make me upset, according to him. And no one, even him, has the right to make me cry. He used to punch my bullies when we were kids everytime they make me cry. That’s how overprotective Jongin is to me.

            But then, sometimes, he becomes very annoying when he goes on full blast twin mode on me. Like, right now.

            My phone vibrated for the 26th time today, showing the same ID caller—Stupid Jjong, it says. I rejected the call for the nnth time. He’s been bugging me the whole day since morning about what happened last Friday night. I can’t tell him what happened, because Kyungsoo will be a walking dead by then. And I can’t lie to Jongin. I know he’s worried, but there’s a limit to what he should and shouldn’t know about what’s going on with my life. Not for my own sake, but the sake of other people. I fear for Kyungsoo’s life.

            I’m in the same café that Sehun brought me to yesterday, drinking my second frapped for today. It’s Sunday afternoon, and I ran away from home to escape and hide from Jongin. He didn’t have the chance to bug me yesterday because he has to go to his dance troupe practice, and when he got home, I’m pretending to be asleep.

            My phone vibrated again. I rolled my eyes before checking the caller ID. See? He’s annoying when he’s on twin mode for me.

            I furrowed my eyebrows when I saw Sehun’s name, instead, in the caller ID. I stared at the screen until it stopped vibrating. But then a few seconds later, it vibrated again with another caller ID flashed on the screen. I abruptly grabbed my phone when I saw his name.

            Byun Baekhyun.

            I accepted the call. “Hel—“

            “WHERE ARE YOU?” someone shouted from the other line.

            I had to move to phone from my ear and check the caller ID once again. I’m not hallucinating, it’s really Baekhyun’s name. But the caller sounds like Sehun, though.

            “Hello?” I hesitantly said again.

            “FOR ’S SAKE, KIM HAERA, STOP BEING STUPID NOW. ANSWER ME, WHERE ARE YOU?” he roared again.

            Flustered, I look around the place just to make sure I’m still at the same café. “I’m at the café near the university,” I said, agitatedly.

            I heard the man from the other line vaguely repeat the same thing I said, then I heard another familiar voice speaking.

            “Sehun?” I called out, hesitantly.

            “We’re picking you up,” he retorted.

            I furrowed my eyebrows. “What do you mean—“ I was cut off when the familiar black sedan stopped in front of the café. Then, Sehun poked his head out of the window car from the shotgun and waves at me like a psycho, telling me to hurry the up.

            I hurriedly stood up from my seat, grabbed my things, and left the café. I sprint towards Baekhyun’s sedan and get in the backseat. As soon as my hit the leather seat, Baekhyun stepped on the gas, causing me to lost my balance and fell.

            “Can’t you drive slow?” I exclaimed at Baekhyun as I sit back up.

            “Oh, yeah?” he said, wearing smirk. “Your best friend is about get killed by your brother and you want me to slow down? You sure?” He’s smiling smugly as he took glances at me from the rearview mirror.

            I turned my eyes to Sehun who is looking at me already. “Jongin found out,” he said, jittery. My eyes widen at the sudden news.

            “What? How?” I exclaimed.

            Sehun took a glance at Baekhyun hesitantly. He’s about to speak, but Beakhyun beat him to it. “Minseok hyung,” he stilly said.

            Minseok?

            Sehun sighed. “Apparently, Minseok hyung got pissed off because Kyungsoo made you cry. I was hanging out with Baekhyun hyung in my apartment a while ago, when Minseok hyung barge in and ask where Kyungsoo lives.” He stopped and stare at me curiously.

            I arched an eyebrow at him. “Pardon me, I think you skipped the part where Jongin came in the scene,” I sarcastically said.

            Sehun shook his head and furrowed his eyebrow. “I just… I find it odd… why is Minseok hyung angry when—“

            Baekhyun cut him off abruptly. “So, hyung came in, and then… what? Just tell her what happened, we’re almost there,” he said, sounding so agitated.

            Sehun pouted, then continue, “Minseok hyung was telling us how he confronted Kyungsoo about last Friday and got totally ignored by him, when Jongin came in my apartment door… and heard everything. And you know how he reacts when someone made you cry, right? So, he gets out of the door without even saying a word and Minseok hyung followed after him. I just hope Kyungsoo is still alive when we get there.”

            I know very well how Jongin reacts to that.

            Well, let’s all hope that he forgot Kyungsoo’s address.

            AND THESE IDIOTS ARE REAL IDIOTS!

            I calmly smiled at the both of them. “I know you guys are stupid, but can’t you at least be stupid the other day and not today?” I inhaled and exhaled slowly, calming myself.

            “But you’re the only one who can stop Jongin,” Sehun defended.

            “THEN, WHY DIDN’T YOU GO AFTER THEM AND JUST CALL ME?”

            “I was panicking and you’re not answering my call,” he irked. “So, I tried using Baekhyun hyung’s phone which… guess what? You. Answered. After. One. Ring. One ring, Haera. And you ignored mine.” He crossed his arms to his chest and sat up straight, facing the road.

            There’s a long silence between the three of us inside the car. I can feel my face heating up, and can imagine how red as a tomato I look right now.

            Idiot Sehun! He just indirectly concludes that I have feelings for Baekhyun. How am I gonna look at him in the eye without being awk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter