Chapter 8

Amidst the Chaos
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haera

I cried myself to sleep after that night. The next morning, I woke up to someone sitting in my right-side bed, causing the mattress to sagged. Sehun is gently combing my hair with his hand. I shifted and curl up beside him, still laying down.

            “Your eyes are puffy,” he softly whispered as he continues combing my hair with his hand. “What happened?” he asked.

            “I just overslept.” I sit up and then sleepily hugs him tightly.

            I’m lying too much these days. But then I screw up way too much as well.

            Sehun sniggered. “Unless you had slept before six, then you’re a big fat liar.” He pinched my nose and I slap his hand away. “It’s eight in the morning, Haera. Don’t lie to me. I’m as good as an interrogator as Kyungsoo.”

            I flinched at the mention of his name. After he walked out on me last night, I ran up to my room and locked myself there. When Jongin got home, he keeps on knocking at my door, asking me to open it and eat dinner with him at least. I never opened the door to anyone last night. Jongin may be stupid sometimes, but he can easily tell when I’m not okay and he can, definitely, tell when to not push farther.

            Mom probably gave Sehun the key to my room, because Jongin never let any other guy enter my room, even Sehun and Kyungsoo.

            I scoffed, releasing myself from hugging him. “I’m not fat! And what are you doing here, anyway?”

            I get up from bed, took a towel from the cabinet near my closet and get some clothes to clean myself before going down for breakfast.

            Sehun shrugged. “I just want to check up on you,” he said.

            You see, being with him and Kyungsoo for years, we can easily tell when one is lying and when one is telling the truth. In Sehun’s case today, absolutely lying. First, he’s not looking straight in my eyes when he’s saying that. Also, never in my whole existence on Earth did Sehun come to our house just to check up on me. He usually come for free foods on weekends or to annoy me during free days.

            I am certain that something is up and he won’t tell me about it. I’ll make him say it, though. By hook or by crook.

            I entered the bathroom, which is connected to my room, and get out fifteen minutes later to see Sehun going through my closet. There’s already a few dresses laying in my bed. Sehun, who is still unaware of my presence, picked a black sleeveless jumpsuit and hang it in the air, checking out the piece of clothing.

            “What the hell are you doing?” I uttered, arching an eyebrow at him.

            Sehun gave me a quick glance, then turn back his attention to my closet. “You’re done already? Here,” he said, handing me the black sleeveless jumpsuit he’s checking out earlier, “wear this. And… also this,” he added, handing me the soft peach cardigan from my closet.

            I dumbly look at the clothes I’m carrying then back at Sehun, who is now going through my shoe rack. “Seriously, what are you doing, Sehun?” I peevishly asked.

            He looked at me with furrowed eyebrows. “What do you mean? I’m helping you with your outfit, of course.”

            “I’m not going out today,” I bemusedly said.

            Sehun sighed and walk to me. “Yes, you are.” He turned me around, facing the bathroom door once again. “Now, go change into those, quickly, because we’re going to be late.” Then he pushed me inside and slam the door at me.

            .

~*~

It’s past ten o’clock in the morning. I’m sitting on a fancy chair next to the glass window at a café near the university with Sehun, sitting across me. We got here a few minutes ago, and we haven’t ordered anything yet. Not to mention that I haven’t had anything before leaving, because my idiot best friend said it’s ‘urgent’. Sehun keeps on tapping his fingers on the table and the sound it makes irritates me. I started counting down to ten.

            One…

            Still tapping.

            Two…

            Tap, tap, tap!

            Three…

            Tap!

            Four…

            Tap!

            Five…

            Tap!

            “CAN YOU NOT?” I screamed at Sehun. He stopped abruptly, bafflingly gaping at me. He looked around the café, like he’s looking for someone. Then he turns back to me and point his finger to himself.

            “Did you just yell at me?” he asked, reluctantly.

            I sighed, placing my elbows on the table while massaging my temples. I’m hungry.

            “Enlighten me,” I said as I put my hands down on the table, “what are we doing on a Saturday morning in a café near the university? Because I don’t recall having an appointment with you today, Sehun.”

            He smiled smugly at me, then leans closer to my face. I didn’t move an inch. “Looks like the princess is hungry, she’s throwing tantrums already.”

            I kept my face straight and showed no emotions as he speaks. I’m gonna kill him.

            Sehun sat up straight, then raised both of his arms in the air. “Okay, fine. Someone asked me to bring you here today,” he said.

            I arched an eyebrow at him. “Kyungsoo?”

            He snorted with laughter. “You wish.”

            “I wish,” I sighed.

            “Speaking of,” Sehun grimly started, “what happened last night? I sent Kyungsoo a message asking about you, then a few seconds later he’s calling me and panicking, because he have no idea of your whereabouts. And you wake up the next morning with puffy eyes.”

            I’m about to open my mouth to defend myself, but he cut me off promptly.

            “Please, don’t lie. I already have a hunch about what happened, might as well tell me the whole story.”

            I sighed as I slouch in my seat. “Can you first order something for me, please? I’m starving. I forewent dinner last night,” I pouted as I heard my stomach growl.

            Sehun nodded before he stands up to order at the counter. While waiting for him, I sat up straight and watch as people pass by in the street outside. It’s weekend, but there are still people rushing to the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter