Chapter 4

Amidst the Chaos
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: Firstly, I know it's 4 days late but, happy birthday to our baozi! He's an angel, I know. Secondly, sorry it took me a while to update. It's becuase it took me a while, too, to finish writing this chapter. Lastly, here's an update with Minseok in it as a (late) birthday treat. Love lots, xx

~*~

Haera

I’m at a very familiar place right now. Very, very familiar. I think I’ve been here this year for about seven times already… to watch my brother dance and dance and drink water and sweat and dance again and breathe.

            It’s Friday. And we’re in one of the practice rooms of the dance department.

            It’s pretty boring here, to be honest.

            “So, what am I doing here again?” I asked Jongin, who is placing his bag on the floor to prepare for his practice. While, I sit in a corner at the floor.

            He took his water jug from his bag before facing me. “To watch me practice my performance for Monday because you know that poem at heart? Plus, it’s in English and I need you to see if I got the emotions right.” He rolled his eyes.

            I sighed. It’s past seven in the evening already. I’m hungry, like, suuuuuper hungry, and Jongin dragged me here straight after my last class ended a while ago. He didn’t let me eat first because he said this is ‘urgent’. Psh, urgent my .

            “But I’m starving, Jong,” I whined.

            Take note, I said starving. Not hungry. S-T-A-R-V-I-N-G! My stomach just took another level now. If this bish won’t feed me immediately, I’ll eat whoever will enter this studio next. I swear.

            There’s a knock on the door, then someone poked his head in. “Hey, is Sehun here?”

            What the ?

            “Uh, he said he’s on his way,” Jongin answered him.

            What is Byun Baekhyun doing here?!

            “Oh, okay, can I wait for him here then? We’re supposed to meet here, anyway,” he said. Jongin nodded, so Baekhyun came in. He didn’t see me yet, because I’m far from the door and I’m in a very corner of this studio.

            I’m still on the process of syncing things in. I’m not in my right mind to face him right now. Yesterday, Chanyeol and him sat beside me for the first time in class, because Chanyeol kept on pestering me about the festival I’m joining and about my name. Yes, he finds my name cool, he said.

            I submitted my script for the festival in their page last night. The script that will pass the first screening has to attend two workshops for another screening, before forming a production team and start filming. I really hope I’ll get in, because that will be a big break for me as a playwriter. According to their posts, the festival invited some known film directors and producers as the judges, aside from the money prize (which is a HUGE amount of money), if one of the judges like one of the entries (win or lose), we could get a job straight after graduating. And let’s be honest, who wouldn’t like that?

            Jongin turned his attention back to me. Oh, no. Don’t. Please.

            “I’ll buy you something after this, I promise,” he said to me.

            What? Pardon? After?

            “Didn’t you hear me, Kim Jongin? I’m starving and dying here. I swear, I’ll break your shoe if you don’t feed me now,” I said, fuming mad. I am very aware that my face is red right now.

            I tend lose myself when I’m hungry. That’s why Kyungsoo and Sehun doesn’t let me starve when I’m with them. But my brother is vice versa, obviously.

            Jongin pouted at me. Nope, that won’t work with my hungry stomach. Feed me!

            “Uh, hi,” I heard Baekhyun said. He’s already sitting on the floor, not so far from my location.

            I took a deep breath to calm myself a bit before turning my attention to him. “Hey, hi,” I said, smiling a bit. “Why are you waiting for Sehun?” I asked.

            “Oh, we’re supposed to hangout after my class, but my last class ended early so I’m here now,” he said, shyly while scratching his nape.

            Speaking of Sehun, they’re friends? What? Since when that bish betrayed me?

            “You know my twin?” Jongin asked.

            I see black again.

            “Twin?” Baekhyun asked, confused.

            “No, I just saw his I.D,” answered Jongin said sarcastically.

            Jongin furrowed his eyebrow. “He’s not even wearing his I.D,” he said, dumbly.

            I facepalmed. I’m disowning him right now. “Yes, he’s my twin,” I answered Baekhyun.

            “Ah,” he said before turning to Jongin, “We have English together,” Baekhyun answered Jongin for me. Thank God for this precious human being.

            “Oh, how is she in class?” Jongin asked.

            “Smart,” Baekhyun answered fast, smiling. I’ll blush, but I’m hungry right now.

            Jongin raised an eyebrow at Baekhyun. I know that look very well.

            “Jong, I’m starving,” I whined again. That, is to direct his attention away from Baekhyun, who is, obviously, oblivious with my brother’s look that is giving him; and also, I am very, very hungry now. I pouted, because I can feel my stomach growling right now.

            Jongin turned to me and sigh. “Can’t you see my performance first before grabbing food? The cafeteria is far from here, it will take you time to get back here,” he said.

            I gave him a poker face. “Can’t you let Sehun practice first, then?” I argue.

            “I can, if he’s here already. You know we can only use this studio for a limited time,” he said. ”Where’s your best friend, anyway?” he added.

            I faked a sob because he’s not giving up way too soon. “I don’t know,” I said, voice cracking. Now I feel like crying for real.

            The door opened and Sehun came in with Kyungsoo. I turned to them, biting my lower lip, about to cry. I can feel Baekhyun’s eyes on me. I felt a lump in my throat.

            “What’s wrong?” Kyungsoo asked me, alarmed. He turned to Jongin and asked, “What did you do to her?”

            Jongin raised his arms. “She’s just hungry, I didn’t do anything,” he defended.

            “Kyungsoo-ya…” I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter