Chapter 6

Amidst the Chaos
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For Sehun;

Belated happy birthday!

 

Haera

When I got out of our house on Thursday morning, Kyungsoo and Sehun are both already waiting by the gate for me. It’s still ten minutes past seven, but I’m all prepared, suited up, and very nervous for the workshop today. These two idiots are very thoughtful to even accompany me to the venue today, though Kyungsoo really have to go to school before eight, Sehun on the other hand starts his class late than us.

            “Scared?” Kyungsoo asked as we walk to the bus stop.

            Kyungsoo is on my right side, while Sehun is on the left.

            I sighed. “Not really, just nervous.”

            Sehun chulked beside me. “Don’t be, you’re with Minseok hyung. Besides, I have my full trust on him reading your script at heart for this workshop.”

            I sent the copy of my full script to Minseok via e-mail, along with the other scripts of the participants that we’re required to read, last Tuesday night after I got home from the orphanage. I trust him, too, because he trusts me, but the man didn’t even send me a reply if he received my script or not. I got worried yesterday so I asked Sehun if he can ask either Baekhyun or Minseok himself if he got my e-mail. On that night, Minseok sent me a message, telling me not to worry too much.

            “I still don’t like the idea of getting Baekhyun’s brother as your assistant script editor,” Kyungsoo curtly said. “You don’t even know him personally,” he added.

            “I do,” Sehun said, raising his right arm in the air.

            Kyungsoo turned to him and gives him a glare. “You go to the workshop with him, then.”

            “Stop it, you two,” I swiftly said before they argue for real. I turned to Kyungsoo and sighed. “I know no one, except you, Jongin, and Sehun, in the university, remember? So, when Jongdae suggested to take Minseok as the assistant script editor, because he is a film major and has a lot of knowledge about films, I couldn’t disagree. I need someone who knows more, than I do. And in this case, Minseok. This has nothing to do with Baekhyun, I swear. Though, I still don’t know why he mentioned me to Minseok, but maybe—” I stopped talking when I felt Sehun nudging me.

            “Stop rambling,” he whispered. “You’re gonna get yourself busted.”

            I gasped and quickly covered my mouth as we continue to walk in silent, hoping Kyungsoo won’t notice a thing.

            Kyungsoo halted his steps that made Sehun and I to stop too, and look back to him to see him wearing a betrayed look. I stopped breathing, and so is Sehun.

“Baekhyun is also there at the orphanage?” Kyungsoo asked.

            I let go the breath I’m holding in and looked at Sehun, who looks relieved too. I turned to Kyungsoo and nod. “He’s with Minseok. Didn’t I mention it… last night?” I said to him, timidly.

            “Did he do or said anything to you?” Kyungsoo said. He looks like he’s unsure of his question, so I woolly looked at him.

            I tilted my head, trying to think what he meant by his question. “Well,” I started, recalling what happened last Tuesday with Baekhyun, “aside from helping me clean up my mess, he did nothing else.”

            “You’re acting weird, Kyungsoo,” Sehun said, eyebrows creased. He took my arm and dragged me with him as he resumed walking. “You’re gonna be late,” he coldly said.

            Kyungsoo resumed walking too, and stayed behind us. Sehun pulled me closer to him as he put an arm over my shoulder.

            “Act irritated,” he whispered.

            I looked at him questioningly. “Why?”

            “Because,” he sighed and whispered, “he didn’t interrogate you through text to get it out from you in person. He’s Kyungsoo, it’s not easy to fool him. You’re dead before this day ends, if he finds you out.”

            I gulped nervously, already forgetting about the workshop today.

~*~

When we arrived at the AVR, twenty minutes before eight, Minseok is already there outside. Standing behind him is none other than his brother, Baekhyun, who is already smiling at us as we approach their spot. Sehun and Kyungsoo are walking beside me. Kyungsoo is already frowning as we get near them.

            “Sorry, did you wait too long?” I asked Minseok when we reached their place.

            He shook his head. “We just got here too,” he said, wearing a warm smile that kind of made me feel at ease. He nodded at Kyungsoo and Sehun as a greeting before back on me. “It looks like they are sending you off to somewhere.”

            I laughed as I looked at Kyungsoo and Sehun. “Yeah, they wanted to walk me here, because I’m too nervous last night.”

            “Still nervous?” Baekhyun asked. I shook my head and smiled at him. “Here,” he said as he handed me a cup of hot drink, “I know there’s drink inside, but I still want to give you one.”

            I took it from him and mumbled a ‘thank you’ as I stare at the drink I’m holding. It’s still hot, and the warm feels so good in my hands.

            “She doesn’t drink coffee,” Kyungsoo bluntly said behind me. I turned to him and gave him a look to shut up. He just arched an eyebrow at me.

            “Really?” I heard Baekhyun said in an amuse tone. I turned to him to see him smile in relief. “Noted, then. Good thing I bought hot chocolate instead.”

            I heard Kyungsoo sighed hastily and mumbled incoherent words that I failed to follow.

            “Please, tell me that you’re not acidic and that you just don’t like drinking coffee,” Minseok said, pouting. His eyes were like kitten’s eyes when asking for food. It’s like he’s begging me to tell him I’m healthy and can still drink coffee but chose not to.

            I chuckled and shook my head. “I’m not acidic, I just don’t like the bitter taste of coffee.”

            Sehun snorted behind me. “But it’s coffee!”

            I rolled my eyes. “Exactly,” I said without giving him a glance.

            Baekhyun giggled and I po

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter