Recital

Real and not Pretend : Book 1 — The Genesis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2 weeks had gone by so quickly and it's finally Rosé's recital day. The university is once again jam packed because their university holds another prestigious event not only for the school but also for every students who are joining and participating the recital. A day where scouts from different entertainment industry in the country are coming in to watch and possibly find a potential act they could recruit.

Unlike the Theater Organization, the students involved in Acoustic Rhythm Organization won't have all the chance to get picked. Scouts would only pick ranging from 8 to 12 students out from 30 to 50 participants and give them their entertainment breakout career, that is why everyone is competitive and very eager to excel just to get the break.

Not for Rosé though, she doesn't want to be in the spotlight because she prefers working outside the glass of the recording booth. She prefers composing and producing rather than doing the other way around, in fact, the piece that she's going to perform as a solo for the day is her own composition and arrangement, raw and untouched by anyone.
 

The stage is getting ready and people are slowly coming inside their auditorium. Instruments and designs colored up the stage as the participants are all in the back stage, finishing their make ups and wardrobes while doing their vocal warm ups.

Rosé on the other hand is being calmed by Jennie, Jisoo and Joy. Telling her she could do and make it and everything will just run smoothly as planned. As for her parents, they were talking to the professors and the directors of the show. Why? Because her parents are owners and founders of an entertainment company which is a home for some famous solo singers, actors and actresses in Australia. Not only that, they're the reason why the recital this year are being covered by the media — a stepping stone and cause of nervousness to all the students participating.

Despite of it, Rosé still lives a normal student life — goes out with friends without bodyguards in tow, at least not to her knowledge. Whenever she's not busy with her studies, she goes straight to the company to learn more about music, her parents, thankfully aren't pressuring her. They're giving her all the time and luxury in the world whenever she needs it. Rosé is the only act in the show that is now allowed to be scouted, not only because of her background but she had chosen not to.
 

Rosé knew Lisa isn't going to make it because just last week, she passed the audition which was supposedly scheduled on the same day as the recital but was moved due to the director's unexpected schedules the following week. Lisa was given the role of one of the supporting casts of the lead actors and actresses which is making not only her but the campus proud of what she's achieving in the foreign land because this time, it's not just a one night show, it's a play that will go around France - it's a roadshow.

Just a few days ago, the practice of the play started after the script reading. The first 2 weeks of the practice run will always be the toughest as they have to learn all the things needed to learn for the play so Rosé understands why her best friend couldn't make it though it makes her somehow sa—

 

"Lisa?!" All 4 of them — Rosé, Jennie, Jisoo and Joy — heard the name and immediately turned their heads to where the direction of the voice came from.

There, she saw their friend being hugged, greeted and congratulated by the professors with Wendy behind her. Her hair is now back to platinum blonde tied up in a ponytail by the hole of the black cap that she's wearing, some strands loosely coming out and hangs along the side of her face and body became even slimmer than they saw it months back and 2 weeks ago for Jennie.

Rosé saw Lisa and Wendy excused themselves out from the growing crowd and make their way to them, a smile she had missed seeing up close in flesh, it's been 8 months since they last physically saw each other.

Rosé and the other 3 are speechless, they never expected her to be home let alone be there right now but she is. Seeking for the familiar warmth, Rosé immediately engulfs the younger one into a tight hug, gone all nervousness and filled by joy and confidence — those are the things Lisa brings to her. She's her safe haven, she's her happy pill.

 

"I thought you can't come?" Rosé whispers as she refuses to let her go.

Lisa could only chuckle whilst hugging and caressing the back of the star. "You really think I'd miss this moment? No way."

They stayed like that for a while before Lisa decides to pull herself away just so she could see her face which made her laugh, she should've known, Rosé's now teary eyed. "Aw, Chaeng. Come on, don't cry." she says, cupping the face of her best friend to keep it up so she could see it - Lisa missed her too. "You'll turn really messy when you perform later. Ah this chipmunk."

Rosé snorts and slaps the arm of the younger, "Shut up." before they hug again.
 

"Those two really missed each other." Joy comments.

"True, they rarely talk too actually because of how busy they are and of course, timezone." Wendy replies, she and Lisa are roommates so she knows about it.

Jisoo hums, glad to finally see her friend in flesh once again. "They are each other's safe zone and comfort — the bickering and emotional duo are what we call them."

"Obvious."

"True."

 

Jisoo's eyes accidentally landed on Jennie's face and there she saw the creasing eyebrow, piercing stare and shallow breathing. 2 weeks had gone by since Jennie went home and they didn't really discuss anything about her trip and stay in Paris but even blind could sense the growing tension that Jennie is letting out right now.

 

"Oh. Lisa? Is that you?"

Lisa heard it and looks up to see the smiling kind woman beside a grinning gentleman. "Uncle. Auntie. Yes it's me." Rosé and her both break the hug so she could briefly hug the couple, Mr. and Mrs. Park.

"Oh my God you're getting skinnier again like Chaeyoung here. Are you eating?" Mrs. Park asks when they let her go.

"Yes, auntie. I am. You have nothing to worry about me."

"How can I not when you're this.." she holds her shoulders and looks down which made Lisa laugh.

"The most important thing is that I am healthy."

"Still skinny." Mrs. Park couldn't stop voicing out her disapproval.

"Honey, let it be. As long as she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter