Yellow Rose

Real and not Pretend : Book 1 — The Genesis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Anyone willing to give a helping hand for the Poster of this story? Let your creativeness flow basing on what you've understand and read in this story. I'll be more than happy to give a shoutout to the chosen design by having it as the story cover ^^       


To Limario:

I'll talk to you later, okay? Hang in there.

 

Jisoo sets her phone aside after switching it to silent. She needs no disturbance while talking to her best friend although she's eager to listen to what Lisa is going to say. She knows the woman had enough of the never ending one sided battle, if the situation wasn't just as complicated as this, she would've told her to do what she needs to do, to get over her best friend right off the bat but she can't. Not when her best friend is now somehow reciprocating the feeling.
 

"You knew?" Jennie asks, the shock is still evident on her face.

"Not really but I knew something is really up." Jisoo calmly says before sighing. "Now what are you thinking? Are you going to do something about the "think" in your "I think I am romantically attached to Lisa."?"

Jennie wasn't even able to recover from the initial shock that she just had when she got bombarded with 2 straight questions, it gave her a sudden headache. "I don't know. I really don't know." massaging her temples.

Jisoo remains silent, as if she knows Jennie still has something to add onto that - she always know. "I am confused, so confused. When Mark and I had broken up, I was so mad and devastated, you know that." she says receiving a hum from the latter.

"However, on that very same day, Lisa was able to mend the emptiness, sadness and brokenness I felt that day. I don't know why, probably because of her choice of words, I don't know but it set me at ease. Even before she got invited to the exchange program, I have been questioning myself with why I felt kind of jealous whenever she's with her theater friends and not with us. Why I felt safer than when I was with Mark when she's giving me that attention she used to do before I ruined it. I thought probably because she's my friend but when she left, something was missing."

Jennie sighs while Jisoo grabs her phone to check for a reply but none came. "That missing piece would be gone whenever I am able to talk to her, she makes me happy in a way I couldn't describe, she makes me so mad and annoyed for heaven knows the reason why. She just irks the living hell out of me."

Jennie then chuckles while shaking her head. "Those hazel brown eyes had me lost a couple of times. I still fully and truly regret making that huge gap between our friendship though. And now before you go preachy on me, I know it was shallow, I know that."

Jennie rakes her hair with her fingers and sighs once again. "Losing a friend who had nothing but good intentions and always attentive is killing me slowly compared to a break up. When she invited me here, I immediately agreed for three reasons. One because I needed out. Second is to mend things with her and lastly, it's me trying to prove something to myself."

Jennie's eyebrows furrowed. "Earlier, remember Julio."

"Oh. Why?"

"We met him at a café and I saw how he stares at her. How Lisa flushed. It suffocated me seeing her smiling like that towards a person I don't know."

Jisoo slowly squints her eyes and it made the younger uncomfortable. "I hope you're not making her a rebound or something."

"Rebound? Come on unnie, you know me better than that. I would never do something that could hurt her."

"Yet you chose to outcast her out of your life when the kid wasn't even intentionally insulting you." Jisoo tilts her head, emotionless.

Jennie sighs, that hit hard because it's true. "I know but this is not an experiment. I just want to know, I want to clarify things myself, to set myself at ease at very least."

"I hope you won't crush her heart once your 2 week vacation is over and most importantly, find it out as soon as possible without dragging her please. I am getting so tired of seeing her mop around like a lost puppy and be broken."

Jennie frowns. "What do you mean?"

Jisoo shakes her head and finally smiles. "Nothing. Just come back soon and find yourself as sooner as it goes. Okay?"

Jennie squints her eyes at the smiling Jisoo. Mop around? Broken? What does she mean about that? "Okay?" she stares at her clock. "I need to wash up so I'm letting you go now. Say my regards to Chaeng, how is she though?"

"I will, she's fine but her recital is going to be in a month so she's getting really busy lately." Jisoo heard her phone dings for a new message so she grabs it and saw Lisa's name.

 

From Limario:

"I'm going to sleep now, unnie. I called BamBam earlier so I'm good now. Be seeing you soon. Say Hi to Chaeng for me."

 

Jennie saw how Jisoo's forehead creases and how she bites her lower lip, meant only one thing - the woman is either bothered or confused or both. "You okay, unnie?"

"...." thumbs typing.

"Unnie."
 

 

To Limario:

"You sure? I am still available for a talk whenever you needed me, okay? Sleep well, Lisa-yah. Don't think about it too much, set yourself at ease and let the flow lead you."
 

"Unnie.."

Jisoo snaps back up as she locks her phone and smiles. "You're saying?"

"You okay?"

"Yes. I just need to go. Chaeng is asking me to visit her anyway."

"O..Okay. Okay. Bye unnie. See you soon."

Jisoo smiles and waves. "Bring us goodies. Enjoy your time. Bye."
 

 

Then their conversation ended with Jisoo furrowing her brows as she gets up and gets ready and Jennie sighing, eyes looking at the screen containing Lisa's message.

 

From Lisa:

"Good night unnie. Brunch tomorrow. Will pick you up around 11 o'clock."


 

***
 

Two weeks had gone by so quickly and Jennie just found herself in the airport with the now brunette lady. 

For the past 2 weeks, they traveled to different places without even planning. They travel where their minds and bodies would bring them. There was even a day that they had to wait for a gas emergency tank rescue when Lisa's car tank emptied without her even noticing it. They were doing continuous road trip that ended to a road trap. They both just had to laugh at it when they're trav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter