Exchange Program

Real and not Pretend : Book 1 — The Genesis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week had passed since that day at Lisa's house and no one had any clue where the woman is. They thought she probably had another project but even her clubmates had no clue where she is. For an entire week, her phone's cannot be reached, she never replied all the texts and emails nor answers calls.

All of them are worried except for Jisoo.


 

***

 

A day after their dinner, Lisa visited Jisoo's house. She needs to get everything out and tell someone she could trust, someone she knows that would definitely understand, someone she knows that who will never judge her.

 

"How are you feeling?" Jisoo asks once both of then are now in her room.

"..."

"I promised that I'll listen right?" Jisoo got a nod and she waited until Lisa speaks.

"It hurts." Lisa starts and Jisoo just listens, allowing her to continue. "I know I shouldn't be feeling this because it's not right, it's not normal but I still did, I still do."

"It to be constantly feeling suffocated and hurt that I've reached to the point that I wanted out whenever I see her." She continues while fidgeting. "I don't know what to do. I just want to be happy and feeling free again."

Jisoo sighs and scoots closer to the younger. "How long has it been?"

"3 months? I couldn't even remember. I know this is wrong bu—"

"There's no such thing as wrong when you love, Lisa. You cannot predict it, no one knows when it will happen." she wraps an arm around the girl's shoulders. "It hurts to see you like this but we both know it, right?"

She nods. "Yes, I know. And that's why I am trying my best to stay away from it, to get over this. This will always be one sided."

Jisoo remains silent while caressing the arm of Lisa who just broke down long after. There's nothing more painful than not getting the one you love, no matter how wrong it is to others, love is love - it moves and comes mysteriously. 

Jisoo hands a box of tissue when Lisa slowly recovers. "Sorry." Lisa says.

"This mushroom. No need to be sorry."

Jisoo waited until Lisa's done cleaning her mess before she says. "What are your plans?"

Lisa shrugs. "None so far but I wanted to stay away from her even just for a day. I'm desperate but I needed out. This darkness is blinding me."

"I understand and always remember that I'm here to listen. Chaeyoung too." she smiles which made the other do so.

"Thanks unnie. It feels good to finally let it out. I've been suppressing it for months, it's driving me crazy."

"I know you're just afraid of getting judged. We're friends for a reason. We don't judge even if you decided to rob a bank." which made both of them laugh. "By the way, are you planning on telling her this?"

"Her who?" she starts wiping her nose.

"Jennie."

Lisa shakes her head, crumples the tissue and grabs another sheet. "No, I plan to leave it as it is. Our friendship is slowly rebuilding and I'd rather be a coward than ruining it again." she then smiles at Jisoo and they both know it's a painful smile.

"I'm sorry." Jisoo briefly hugs Lisa.

"I'm more than very sorry for myself, unnie. Trust me." Lisa answers, breaking the hug in the process.

Silence engulfs them for a few minutes before Lisa speaks after cleaning. "I'm going home tomorrow. I have an event to attend. Got the permission from the school as well."

"That's too sudden. How long?"

"Not really, I got the invitation two weeks ago and I'll be there for a week."

"I see."

"Just don't tell anybody please? Not even Chaeng."

Jisoo raised an eyebrow. "Why?"

"So no one would update me from time to time. You know Chaeyoung is, that girl should seriously consider switching majors from Music to Journalism."

Jisoo couldn't help but laugh. "Right. Okay okay. Get us some good stuffs home."

Lisa chuckles and nods. "I will."
 

 

***

 

 

And it's finally been a week and Lisa's already scheduled to attend her classes with another workload to make up the lessons she'd missed the entire week.

She basically spent the entire week with meeting old friends, helping out her parents, brought her cousins out for either breakfast, lunch or dinner - she used it to literally unwind without thinking anything related to school and Melbourne, and her.

She had her hair changed its style, changed the color to blonde, had several spa treatments with her female cousins before it's time to leave and walk onto the road she'd bravely chosen — moving on.

A week without any contact with anyone in Melbourne did good to her because when she came back, her mind is fresh, her mood is light and right but her heart is numb - all the walls and defenses are soaring high.

It's time to start a fresh and new life.

 

 

***

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter