La Marais

Real and not Pretend : Book 1 — The Genesis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The entire ride is filled with nothing but Rosé and Jisoo's loud voices busting out of the speakers of Jennie's mobile. Those two really know when would be the right time to call because honestly speaking, it would very awkward for the two ladies if ain't because of them.

Lisa is basically not talking despite of the casual laughs and curt replies. She's being well too occupied with a lot of things that has been going on in her mind.

The sudden request left her unguarded, it opened the locked doors, crashed down the walls and ruined the metallic armour that had been guarding her ever since she decided to forget her feelings for Jennie.

It became a harsh slap on her face that no matter how hard she tries to make herself completely forget about anything that relates to her romantic attachment towards the one who's laughing beside her, it won't work - just one simple request, she went back to starting line, to where everything is going to be either painful or delightful or a combination of both.

However she could no longer afford getting hurt and obtain hopes that would soon going to crash her down the line. She can't let herself go back to those days, weeks and months that all she ever did was to abuse herself all over again just so she would not feel the pain anymore.

So, with all the remaining strength and courage that she got, the ruined armour is being fixed, the opened doors are getting locked ans the crashed walls are getting renovated.

 

2 weeks, two weeks of having Jennie by her side would not ruin that much anyway, or so she thought. Two weeks of giving Jennie whatever she wants her to have and do, two weeks of fighting, Lisa knows it's going to be hard but she could make it. She knows she will.

She wasn't even paying so much of an attention onto which road they're going to take, her body is an autopilot. After all, she's been in that district a couple of times so her body knows what and where to do and go.

 

"Lisa?"

".."

"Lisa! Yo?"

".."

"Lisaaaa!!!" it was so loud and it made her step on the break pedal so hard.

"Oh my god!" Lisa says, panting before looking at the screen of the phone then to the shocked Jennie then back to the phone. "You almost involved us in an accident!!"

She saw the shock of the girls when she raised her voice, she felt guilty. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. You shocked me! Geez!"

"I-It's fine. It's my fault I am so sorry. Are you guys, okay?"

"Yes yes. You okay, unnie?" She asks Jennie who nodded anyway. "Why did you even scream?"

"You were not listening." Jisoo sulks, clearly able to recover from the initial shock.

Lisa rolls her eyes and starts driving again. "I was driving. I am driving."

"You're in your autopilot mode again." It's Rosé.

"Pft I am not."

"You are."

"Nope."

"Yep."

"Now kids enough. Where are you heading to anyway?" Jisoo interrupts before the young ones quarrel again.

Lisa turns onto the left corner whilst grinning. "Le Marais." then heard Jennie gasps, from someone who's into and had interests in fashion, she knows Jennie knows the place.

"We're heading there?" Jennie squeaks.

Lisa nods and points at the view in front of them, it has a small road sign that states, "Bienvenue à La Marais."
 

Jennie's eyes literally sparkle which made Lisa laugh. So dangerous. While she's finding a place to park, the two bid goodbyes to the other two from half way across the globe. Reminding herself to send Jisoo and Rosé an apology later.

"Let's go!" Jennie says and immediately gets out of the car followed by the chuckling Lisa.

"Where do you want to go first?"

"Let's stroll around. I've been really targetting this place to visit but just can't get the right time to do so."

Lisa did not answer, she only smiles as she starts walking, walking side by side with Jennie with her hands tucked in her jacket pockets.

They visited the small alley of souvenirs, getting stuffs they could possibly bring home for the others. Lisa picks one boater hat surrounded by a black and green ribbon around it and gently placed it on Jennie's head who's busy scrutinizing the hand carved pendants.
 

Jennie looks up after the material landed on her head, she stands up straight and saw the hat which instantly made her smile — Lisa on the other hand has her attention towards the bracelets, as if she did nothing at all.

The older one takes out her phone and snaps a few shots of the unknowing Lisa before she resumes on what she was doing earlier — now smiling.
 

"Unnie." Lisa says.

"Hm?" Jennie answers before looking at her.

"Which one looks better?" then shows a silver tone chain bracelet with a silver "L" pendant and a simple blue ripple design which beads are lined in 4 layers with an empty hook which made Jennie frown and starts asking the vendor.

"Sir, is that bracelet designed like that or does it had something but got ripped off?"

The middle aged looking man smiled. "The bracelet is designed like that. You're free to hang any type of pendants on it."

Lisa saw the small scalpels and screws beside the man and says. "Sir, do you personalize pendant designs?"

The smile of the man grows making his eyes disappear. "Yes young lady, I just do random carves when it's a slow day."

"I see.  CanI request for a pendant then?"

"Of course! What would it be?"

"A yellow rose." Lisa says. "I want the best yellow rose you could ever carve, yeah?"

"Yellow Rose." the man trails. "Interesting. It might take long though."

"Oh no that's fine, I'll be touring around with my friend anyway. How long would you think it'll take?"

"2-3 hours?"

Lisa then stares at the bewildered Jennie and asks. "2-3 hours is enough right? I mean, if you're not tired."

Jennie shakes her head and stares at the man. "You can do it, sir. We'll be touring around anyway. What time will you close?"

"8 o'clock."

"Perfect. We'll get you back in a few hours."

Then they bid the happy man a goodbye which immediately grabs a block of wood to start carving and Jennie is still curious though.

"Yellow rose?"

"Hm?" she says, curtly bowing her head and smiling to whoever they meet along the way.

Jennie swivels her way along the crowd to avoid bumping others. "Yellow? I thought you like purple?"

"I do." she says and when she saw how Jennie hardly slips herself in between, she grabs her gently and tugs her closer to her which made the latter blush.

The action instantly shut Jennie up, gone all curiosity and eagerness to learn the meaning behind it as her heart pounds incredibly strong, it's deafening her.
 

Once they're finally on the safe area, less crowded, Lisa let Jennie's hand go. "Are you hungry?"

Jennie heard her but didn't dare to look up, instead, she pats an invisible dirt off her pants as she answers. "Not really but we could get sweets, maybe?"

"Sure. Let's go to fashion district after here."

Jennie finally stands up properly after she finally got rid of her rosy cheeks. "Okay."

So off they did. They both found a treats shop few walks from where they were which offers several treats for sweet tooth people. 

Jennie's eyes literally sparkle upo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter