Day 1. Step 1.

Real and not Pretend : Book 1 — The Genesis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pleasant morning, cold breeze,  nice sleep and a loud alarm ringtone. With a groan, she blindly pats the area and turned the phone alarm off and goes back to sleep - the usual, no one likes alarms anyway.

Another minute had passed, or so she thought, her phone buzzed. It's now an incoming call. Another groan, another force, another blind touches before answering the call with her eyes still close.

 

"Hello?" she says groggily.

"Good Morning! Wake up sleepy head!" it was a very loud greeting and it made her groan.

"Ugh Lisa! Why the hell are you so noisy in the morning?"

"Morning? Hello, it's already 10 o'clock. You must've forgotten you're in Paris and I'm picking you up in 30 minutes."

Jennie's eyes literally go wide open and stares at the digital clock, 10:02 o'clock.

"." she curses and received a laugh from the younger one on the other line.

"10:45 then. Go prep. See you at the lobby." Lisa says, still chuckling.

Jennie jolts up - it made her dizzy and almost lost her balance if not because of her reflex, she's able to gain her footing with the use of the bedside small cabinet, it caused a loud bang though.

"Whoa whoa whoa! Did you just suddenly stood up? Okay okay! 11 o'clock. Go go, take your time. Take care okay??"

Jennie had to smile, Lisa had always been this attentive and she missed it. Months of not being able to be the receiving end of it made her stomach churn and smile lingering upon her features.

"Alright, Lobby. 10:50 o'clock."

She heard her chuckle. "Meh, 11 o'clock. Bye." and the line ended without even letting her answer.

"Ah this woman." she grumbles whilst looking at her phone's screen before throwing it to the pillow so she could start preparing.

Day 1. Brunch.

 

***

 

She goes straight to the lobby in hopes of being the one who'll wait for the younger but only finds the latter sitting on the waiting couch area, legs crossed that are covered in knee ripped black skinny jeans, loose gray shirt and dyed hair in pony tails and fingers that are pressing the screen on her phone.

Her heart suddenly raced as she approaches the woman. 'What is this?'

The younger one must've noticed her as she looks away from her gadget and up towards her, meeting her eyes along the process. The wide smile made her smile too. 'So infectious.'

"Good Morning, your Majesty. Are you ready?" Lisa stands up and grins.

She had to roll her eyes. "Yes I am. Now get the car ready."

Lisa laughs and playfully salutes then bows before walking out towards the exit but Jennie caught her arm. "You know I was just joking right?" she saw how Lisa stares at her hand that's holding her arm but she did not yield.

Lisa looks up and grins after a while. "Of course but you know I am driving, right?"

Silence, as their eyes are glued towards each other. Both searching for something but no one really initiated anything before Jennie lets her go. "Yup, now go."

Lisa smiles. "Okay, I'll pull the car over. Wait at the main entrance."

Then they go on separate ways.

"Come in." Lisa says after opening the front seat door without going out of the car and Jennie did so.

"Craving for?"

"You decide this time." Jennie says as she buckles the seat belt and literally had herself caught up in tie knot.

Lisa saw it and had to laugh before she leans forward, hand going across her lap to properly set up the straps before pulling the buckle and secure it against the lock. Lisa sits back and says. "Craving for pasta, Italian?"

Jennie on the other hand was left stunned and had her mind buzzing after that close encounter. Her heart beats faster than earlier, it made her nape hot and her spine shivering.

'What is happening to me.'

Noticing the silence, Lisa spares glances at the woman while she's driving. "Unnie?"

"..."

"Unnie."

"..."

"Jennie!"

She jolts. "What what?"

"You alright?"

"Y-yes. What is it?"

The red light turns on and Lisa turns to face her. "Are you really okay?"

"Of course."

Lisa's eyes squint and it made her uncomfortable so she tries to mask it away. "What now Manoban?"

It took Lisa a few more seconds before she says. "Italian?"

"Sure and face the road, it's green."

Lisa stares at her for another second with her unreadable gaze.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter