Double sided

CHAOTIC

While trying to process everything that just happened, Joy is trying to put the key in the ignition but fails as her hands are shaking too heavily. She needs a minute to calm down so she can drive without getting into an accident.

Joy checks her phone.

 

You have 1 new Voicemail from: Squirtle

 

“Yerim…” Joy whispers to herself while just stares at her screen. She feels bad because Yeri hasn’t actually done anything bad. It’s Irene choosing her side every damn time that gets on her nerves.

Joy decides to stay over at her aunt’s place. Even though she’d rather avoid family right now, she knows spending time with Wendy will be good for her.

You see, Joy and Wendy share this special connection. They understand each other in a way the other family members don’t. Sure, Wendy loves Yeri as much as she loves Joy, but there’s just something that Joy gets and Yeri doesn’t. It’s probably because both are the “neglected” child of the family. When Joy and Wendy spend some time alone, Joy always talks about hating the fact that she’s the least favorite child of the two. Wendy can always relate. Wendy’s parents always loved Irene more. Irene had better grades, got in less trouble and had nice friends. All of that changed though when Irene started to date Seulgi.

Joy drives up to Wendy’s house. She feels drained, tired and is ready to cry. Once she walks up to her aunt’s house and opens the door with her own key, those feelings change though. Walking into that house is comforting to her. It’s basically her second home and she knows she can enter that house no matter what happens.

Joy walks towards the living room where she finds Wendy seated on the couch, watching some reality show that’s on TV. Wendy notices Joy standing there in the doorway just staring at her, not saying a word.

“Sooyoung! Hey sweetie what are you doing here? Do you want som- ” Wendy’s happy mood changes when she sees Joy is not moving and looking like she’s about to break down. “Sooyoung what’s wrong? Are you okay? Did something happen?” Wendy walks up to Joy to see what’s wrong with her.

“I-..Mom…We had a fight” Joy looks at Wendy with tears in her eyes. Wendy lets out a sigh and starts to hug Joy as tight as she can. Joy starts crying and catches Wendy by surprise since she has never seen Joy cry this much. They stand like this for minutes, Wendy just holding Joy as she allows her to let out all her tears, so there are no tears left to cry.

Once Joy is done crying Wendy tells her to sit on the couch, so they can talk about what happened. Wendy returns with two cups of tea and turns off the TV so they can go over everything.  Joy is looking at her, not knowing how to start and worried she’ll start crying again.

“It’s okay Sooyoung… start talking when you’re ready. We’ve got plenty of time” Wendy comforts Joy by rubbing her hand on Joy’s back. Wiping down her tears with the sleeves of her own hoodie, Joy seems ready to talk.

“It’s just everything aunty Wendy” a tear starts rolling over her cheek. “School, my stupid study group that I have to go to every day after all my classes, mom, my friends that betray me, love and not to forget ALL this pressure I have”

“When you say mom, do you mean Irene?” Wendy wipes the tear off Joy’s cheek and her hair.

“Yes, we got into an argument today because I confronted her about her behavior towards me. I told her I’m trying my best to be the daughter she wants me to be, but she never acknowledges it.”

Wendy nods and continues to ask about the other troubles her niece is having. “So what about your friends that betrayed you? What happened?”

Just thinking about that kiss gets Joy agitated again. However, talking about it might be better for her and will ease her mind a bit.

“Remember when I told you that I liked my best friend? Rosé? I tried to ignore my feelings for her and it worked, at least that’s what I thought. When I came home one day I caught her kissing Yeri” Joy looks at Wendy’s eyes getting bigger from the shock. “WHAT! Your best friend kissed Yeri? What is up with that? I didn’t even know they were that close!” Wendy takes a sip from her tea.

“Honestly aunty Wendy I didn’t know about it either. It annoys me that they’re getting so close. I haven’t brought up the kiss to either of them though, since it’s awkward for me to talk about. And to be honest, I’m just a little bit scared that they might be dating and that I will never get to date Rosé” Joy scratches her head. This is the first time she’s talked about this matter and how she feels about it.

“I think it’s better to talk to them about the kiss. And you must tell them how you feel, or at least that this situation makes you uncomfortable.” Wendy hugs Joy. She hates to see her in this position. Since she doesn’t have children herself, Wendy sees Joy and Yeri as her own children. So, when her children are hurting, she is in pain as well.

“Thank you aunty Wendy” Joy is so happy she can go visit her aunt whenever she wants. Whether it’s because she’s sad or just wants to spend some quality time, Wendy is always the one person Joy can count on.

After Wendy and Joy watched some of their favorite movies on Netflix, they walked around the neighborhood for about an hour. It’s something they both enjoy very much. They always discussed several things and could ramble on for hours.

Wendy decides it’s best for Joy to stay home the next day. She wants to make sure Joy is okay and wants her mind to be clear before she gets thrown into all that mess again. Wendy planned a fun-filled day for the two of them. Wendy wishes Yeri could be there too though, but since things are a bit tense between Joy and Yeri, it’s better if they spend some time apart from each other.

 

The next day Joy wakes up from hearing Wendy screaming her name from downstairs. “Sooyoung! Wake up, your friend Rosé is here!”

Joy turns in full panic mode. “Why the is she even here? How did she even know I was staying at aunt Wendy’s yesterday? !”

Joy jumps out of bed and runs to the bathroom to brush her teeth and make her look as decent as possible. Rosé can’t see her when she’s a mess, so she needs to put together a great look in the span of five minutes.

Joy goes downstairs and sees Rosé sitting at the dining table, eating one of the vegan products Wendy offered her. Joy also sees a plate with eggs and toast, assuming it’s for her. Wendy knows Joy can’t survive her morning without some eggs and toast.

There’s a note from Wendy that says she’s out to get some groceries. Joy knows Wendy is giving her some privacy to talk to Rosé about everything that's troubling her mind.

“No offense to your aunt, but this vegan thing she gave me to eat is disgusting” Rosé looks at Joy with a disgusted expression but proceeds to smile when she sees Joy sitting next to her.

Joy isn’t really in the mood to pretend to be happy, so she silently eats her eggs as she stares down at her plate. Rosé notices her behavior and turns Joy’s face towards herself by holding her jaw. Joy still refuses to look at her as Joy is still looking down, seeing the surface of the table.

“You’re not even going to look at me?” Rosé says with a soft voice. Joy doesn’t say anything.

“I want to look into your beautiful eyes Sooyoung” while still looking down towards the table, Joy cracks a smile. She can’t resist those sweet words coming from Rosé.

“Is that something you also tell my sister?” Joy looks up and makes eye contact with Rosé, who is still holding Joy’s face. Rosé grins and removes her hand from Joy’s face.

“Chill, nothing is going on between me and your sister. We aren’t together if that’s what you’re thinking” Joy looks at Rosé with a confused look. “Nothing going on? Is that why you kissed her? So you’re saying that kissing my litter sister in my bedroom is “nothing” to you?”

“Your sister kissed me. I didn't kiss her first. Besides, you know I’d rather kiss you” Rosé looks at Joy and smiles. She closes her eyes and leans in closer to Joy.  Joy is hesitant into kissing her but decides to grab this opportunity as she might never get it again.

Joy has kissed many people before, but it never felt this good. Rosé runs her hand through Joy’s hair as she adds a little bit of tongue when she kisses Joy. She can hear Joy breathing faster. Joy rubs her hand in Rosé’s inner thigh and proceeds to go higher into her thigh after each rub.

“Hey guys I’m back from- OH MY GOD WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING? DUDE I LITERALLY HAVE MULTIPLE ROOMS UPSTAIRS” Wendy yells while holding several grocery bags in her hand.

Joy flinches and pulls back her entire body, including her right hand that was almost inside Rosé’s jeans. She looks at Wendy and looks back at Rosé, who is clearly in shock as well. They both don’t know how to react, so they burst into laughing.

“Well I’m glad you guys can laugh about it I guess….” Wendy rolls her eyes.

Rosé gets up and walks up to Wendy. “I’m sorry for disrespecting you in your own house like that Wendy… It won’t happen again” Rosé takes the grocery bags from Wendy’s hands and puts them on the kitchen counter. Wendy looks at her and starts laughing. “Wow, now I get why you’re so liked by every member in this house. You can come over more often, but next time you guys want to do stuff like that use one of the rooms, please”

Joy starts laughing and gets up to help Rosé with the grocery bags. After she properly apologized to Wendy and stayed downstairs with Rosé, as her aunt went upstairs to nap, she decides to tell Rosé how she feels about her.

Rosé has her own plans though, as she needs to leave to be somewhere.

“I have to go, Sooyoung, I’ll see you tomorrow at school” Rosé gives Joy a quick kiss, looks her in the eyes and starts smiling.  She leaves another kiss, but this time one on her forehead, and walks towards the door to make her exit.

Joy gets all flustered. She is a bit disappointed though, because she doesn’t get to tell Rosé how she really feels about her best friend, but the way she is feeling right now totally makes up for it.

As Rosé parks her car in a very familiar driveway, she walks up to the door. After knocking three times the door finally gets opened.

“Chaeyoung? What are you doing here?” Yeri opens the door being utterly surprised, but very happy to see Rosé unexpected like that.

“Came to see you Yerimie, what else?” Rosé walks towards Yeri and gives her a tight hug. “I bet you needed that”

Yeri’s eyes start tearing up as she realizes she did really need that. Her day has been horrible as she misses Joy and wishes everything was alright between them.

They both walk inside the living room as Seulgi and Irene are sitting on the couch. Seulgi is watching TV and Irene is reading a book. Rosé politely greets them both but gets dragged to the kitchen by Yeri.

“Hey, I was talking to your parents! Now they might think I’m rude” Rosé slaps Yeri’s arm for dragging her away. Yeri starts laughing. “They’ve seen you many times, I don’t get why you’re so worried. You’re acting like you’re meeting them for the first time”

 “Well maybe I am. First time as your girlfriend, right?”  Rosé pushes Yeri softly.