Unexpected turns

CHAOTIC

After helping themselves with some breakfast, the energetic Rosé and the tired Yeri both made their way to school. The one thing Yeri appreciated in the morning is that Joy is the exact same as her, both not really being a morning person and having quiet moments in their car.

But it wasn’t the same with her crush. Rosé and Yeri were on their way to school in Rosé’s car. As Rosé kept rambling on about random subjects Yeri barely cared about, Yeri rested her head on the window with her almost falling asleep again.

“Hey! Stay up! Am I that boring to you?” Rosé slaps Yeri’s head, making her head bounce back from the window. Yeri just stares at Rosé with an annoyed expression, rubbing her head to ease the pain she got from hitting her head.

While Yeri starts stating several points on why she isn’t so fun in the morning and why she despises mornings, she checks her phone to see if Joy texted her.

It saddens her that she didn’t receive anything back regarding the voicemail she left Joy. And after sending multiple messages asking how she is doing, not hearing anything from Joy gets her upset. But it’s probably for the best that Joy has some time for herself. Yeri just wishes Joy knew how much she misses her being around the house. It has just been a few hours in total, but it feels like she has been gone for weeks.

Rosé starts to break as the traffic light they are approaching turns orange. She looks to her right and can see Yeri is checking the messages she left for her sister. Feeling all the guilt coming up, she decides to do something nice in return.  Rosé turns her car around and starts driving away from their school which they were almost at.

“Maybe you’ll like your mornings better now” Rosé chuckles.

Yeri didn’t even notice at first that they were going an other way. Once they pulled over and heard Rosé order one cup with strawberry and chocolate ice cream and another cup with mango and vanilla, she got really confused.

“Chaeyoung, what are you even doing? It’s barely 9 AM” Yeri looks around her. “How is this place even serving ice cream this early?” Yeri frowns at Rosé

Handing Yeri her cup with two scoops of ice cream, Rosé shakes her head. “It’s never too early for ice cream. Now eat up Yerimie, or your ice cream will melt!” She looks at Yeri who is still confused, but you can see her confusion fade away. Yeri is never great at expressing her feelings but she lets out an innocent smile as she takes a bite from her favorite ice cream flavors. She wonders how Rosé even knows that those are her favorite. Maybe it was just a lucky guess?

After finishing her ice cream Rosé starts her car again to drive to school, the place they should’ve been 45 minutes ago.  Yeri hasn’t finished however and throws away her cup away at school, which she finished just in time before class.

 

 

Joy is in class writing notes, letting out sighs every now and then. This might be the worst history class she has ever followed.  What frustrates her is that she has already discussed the course work the teacher is talking about right now, but with her study group. She can barely remember anything. The week that she’s had has been difficult for her, so she isn’t being too hard on herself.

While wandering off in her thoughts she looks out of the window and sees her little sister, running towards the entrance behind Rosé.  Joy gets up a little to see if they came to school together or that they coincidentally just ran in to each other. 

“I assume you know everything since you have no interest in following my class Joy. Is that why you think the outside is more appealing to you than this class? Well answer this for me Joy; in what year did Korea become independent from Japan?” Her teacher walks up to Joy’s desk and they’re looking at each other directly now. He starts to tap his fingers on her desk as he is waiting for an answer.

Joy shuts down as she can’t remember the answer. She knows she definitely discussed this in her study group, many times, because two of her group mates were arguing about which year was actually correct.

“Come on, I gave you one of the easiest questions. You really can’t answer this one?” He says in a tone that makes Joy look feel like she is the dumbest student in his class.

Joy looks around the class and sees everyone staring at her. She’s embarrassed that she can’t even answer a simple question like this. The fact that her teacher is publicly humiliating her makes it even worse. She can feel her eyes tearing up from frustration and humiliation.

Joy hastily puts her text- and notebooks in her bag and storms out of class.  Walking fast through the hallway without having closed the classroom door behind her, she sees someone staring at her from a distance. Walking towards the person she doesn’t recognize at first, she starts feeling even more annoyed when she realizes who it is.

Jisoo is still staring at her. She is probably remembering their last encounter that didn’t really end on a positive note.  She looks away when she sees Joy approaching her, walking faster after each step.

“What are you looking at Jisoo?” Joy pushes Jisoo. Jisoo loses her balance and almost trips but recovers herself fast enough. Afraid of saying anything back to Joy she notices something is wrong.

“Are you okay?” Jisoo her head to the side and puts her hand on Joy’s shoulder. Joy looks at Jisoo’s hand being on her shoulder and turns her head back to Jisoo’s. She wants to tell her to back off and not to touch her, but deep down the sense of comfort is making her feel better.

Joy puts both of her hands in front of her face and starts crying.  It didn’t really matter who was opposite of her because she knows she would break down regardless.

Jisoo pats her hand on Joy’s shoulder and waits till she has finished crying.  She is not used to taking care of emotional people, hell even express emotions, so this is kind of awkward for her.  Even though this is awkward, she feels really appreciated and likes the warm feeling she is getting from being there for Joy. It’s something she has never felt before because she never had the chance to. Handling emotions is something Jisoo doesn’t want to do though. She snaps out of her thoughts and lays her hand off Joy.

“I’m sorry. I hope you feel better soon” Jisoo is almost on the other side of the hallway when she finishes that sentence. After realizing that Joy spent the past minutes crying on Jisoo’s shoulder she feels guilty that she did. She feels like she betrayed her sister. Joy quickly realizes it could’ve been anyone and walks to her next class.

 

Yeri turns her head and leans her back on one of the lockers in the hallway. Did she just witness her bully comforting her sister?

“What the was that” Yeri whispers to herself.

Yeri walks back to class and hopes no one saw her spying on Joy. She’s shaking because of what she just witnessed. She thinks of all the possible reasons why her sister would talk to Jisoo and get so close with her. Is it karma for spending time with Rosé? Are they planning something together? Did it get to the point where Joy hates Yeri that much?

Jennie looks at Yeri and she can sense something is off. Yeri puts her head on the table with her hands over her head. Jennie hears sniffs coming from her right, meaning they are Yeri’s. Jennie hugs Yeri.  “Whatever it is Yerim, I’m here for you. It’ll be okay. You have me… and Lisa of course”

This was Yeri’s breaking point. Jennie requested the teacher to give her a hall pass, so she could calm Yeri down in the bathroom.

Once they were in the bathroom Yeri spilled everything that happened between herself, Joy and Rosé. She was so relieved and it made her feel much better. Jennie on the other hand feels guilty because she hasn’t been around to be Yeri’s support.  She didn’t really check up on her after she heard about the fight that occurred between Yeri and Jisoo. It was never her intention not to check up on her, she just thought it was for the best to give her some space. But she realizes a text message wouldn’t do any harm.

“There’s more though. I actually got upset because of something else I just saw” Yeri looks at a surprised Jennie. “There’s more? Wow, now I understand why you’re upset” Jennie takes some tissues from her bag. She holds a tissue to Yeri’s nose. “Blow!” Jennie is still holding the tissue as Yeri blows her nose into it.

They start sitting on the floor and everything that Yeri witnessed minutes ago is being spilled to Jennie.

“WHAT THE ? THAT’S SO WEIRD” Jennie stands up and fixes the skirt she’s wearing. That’s when she realizes they didn’t even check if someone was present in one of the bathroom stalls. Jennie’s eyes widen, and she quickly looks under ever bathroom stall to see if someone heard anything they just said.  Yeri catches on what Jennie is doing and starts worrying too. “Thank God…” Jennie sits next to Yeri again.

“Do you want me to talk to Joy about this? I don’t think it meant anything to be honest. I mean, there must be a weird reason why all of that happened” Jennie says while checking her phone. “Oh god, we’ve been here for 50 minutes now.  Come on, let’s go back to class. We only have got like 3 minutes left anyways” Jennie gets up and sticks her hand out for Yeri to grab. Yeri pulls herself up with Jennie’s hand. “No Jen, I’ll try to talk to her. We need to talk about things anyways. I need to fix this mess with her. I just want my sister back”

 

 

Jisoo gets into her car but gets scared stiff when someone gets into her car and seats themselves in the passenger’s seat. Jisoo looks to her right again and suddenly realizes who it is.

“Never do that again Rosé, you scared me to death!” Jisoo tries to put her seatbelt on but is unable to since she’s mixed with frustration and is still a bit shook from Rosé’s sudden appearance. “Ugh, nevermind! Anyways, do you have it or not?”

Rosé apologizes while looking through her bag to find the item for Jisoo. She forgot how nervous she gets when she is around Jisoo. After looking through her bag for two minutes, pulling half of the mess she had in her bag out, she finally found it.

“Here” Rosé’s voice is shaking as she hands it over.

Jisoo smiles. She leans over Rosé to open the door for her. “Now get out of my car”

“You’re sure Joy doesn’t know you have it right?” Jisoo flips through the pages

Rosé shakes her head.

“I’m sure she doesn’t know her diary is missing”