From happy to sad

CHAOTIC

Yeri enters the class and sees Lisa and Jennie already sitting behind their desks. Her professor, Mr. Jeon, greets Yeri and she flashes a smile back at him. She always liked having him as a professor because he is very good at teaching and he makes sure each one of his students understand what he is talking about. Everyone actually loves him, because he isnt that old either.

Yeri, how was your date with Rosé Yeri blushes and hits Lisa for saying that while giggling. Okay, make fun of me all you want but guys it was literally one of the best days I've ever had Yeris eyes start to twinkle when she talks and thinks about the day before. What did you guys all do? Jennie grins. We just hung out at her place and talked about music. When I told her I should be heading home she said shed drop me off but she ended up eating dinner at my place OHHHH MEETING THE PARENTS ALREADY HUH!! Lisa pokes her elbow to Yeris side.Lisa you , did you forget Rosé has been there so many times because shes best friends with Joy? Jennie hits Lisa on her head for giving such a dumb comment. UNNIEEEE! DONT HIT ME Jennie gives Lisa a smile and that is everything Lisa needs to forgive her.

When class is over the three of them leave the classroom. Suddenly someone taps on Yeri’s shoulder. “Hey!” It’s Rosé and it looks like she’s very happy to see Yeri. “Uhm, I guess we’ll see you next period” Lisa and Jennie giggle and walk away. “How are you?” Yeri asks Rosé while standing there with the biggest smile ever. “I’m good, well actually I’m not” Yeri starts getting concerned. “Oh don’t worry it’s nothing bad! Well, I forgot something at your place so that ” Yeri is relieved, she was scared that Rosé didn’t like hanging out or maybe something else that could be bad. “Oh okay, I can give it to you at school tomorrow if that’s not a problem. What did you forget?” “How about we go to your place after school and hang out again?” Yeri hopes Rosé doesn’t catch her blushing. “Alright Chaeyoung” They both smile.

“Wait, is no one home at the moment?” Rosé proceeds to go inside after Yeri unlocks the door and they both hang up their jackets. “Wow yeah, this is so rare. I think my parents haven’t finished their work yet and Joy is probably still at her study gro-” That’s when she gets interrupted by Irene opening the front door. “Hi mom, I just told Chaeyoung it’s weird to have no one at home, but there you are, literally one minute after” Yeri smiles while her mom is still processing the fact that there are two people randomly standing in the hallway “Well hello to you too Yerim. Oh.. hi Chaeyoung! Long time no see, it felt like I saw you just yesterday” Rose laughs and Yeri just rolls her eyes at her mom for making such a lame joke. “Hey be kind to your mom” Rose hits Yeri on her shoulder. “See this is why I like having you here Chaeyoung, you’re such a nice kid” They both enter the living room. “Do you girls want something to drink or eat? And are you staying over for dinner again Chaeyoung?” “No miss Kang, I’m just here for a short amount of time. I basically came here to pick something up that I forgot yesterday” “Oh okay. Yerim come help me with the grocieries please” Yeri hates helping with the groceries but she doesn’t want to get in trouble, so she starts unpacking the bags. “Chaeyoung, you can go upstairs if you want and get that thing you forgot. I’ll come upstairs when I’m done here” Yeri looks at Rosé and smiles.

Rosé goes upstairs and she goes into Joy’s room. The amount of time she has spent in this room is crazy, and the things that have been discussed between these four walls can never leave this room. She’s looking between Joy’s drawers and proceeds to look on her desk. Where could it possibly be?

“What are you doing in Joy’s room? I thought you forgot something in mine?” Yeri looks at Rosé from the door entrance. Rose jumps but brushes it off by pretending she didn’t hear her question. She walks towards Yeri.

 “Yerim have I told you that you look very good today” Yeri doesn’t know what she’s implying but she feels her heart beat faster as Rosé gets very close to her. ” uh.. no you haven’t but thank you. You look good as always” Rosé smiles. “You’re always so sweet to me” Rosé is now very close to her and their noses are basically touching. “I don’t know what you’re trying to do Chaeyoung but my mom is downstairs and I’m scared she’ll see us standing like this” “Let her” Rose gently grabs Yeri’s face and pulls her closer for a kiss. Yeri is nervous since it’s her first kiss but it feels so comforting. They’ve been kissing for a while when suddenly a voice interrups them.

“What’s going on here” Joy looks at them being absolutely surprised about what she just witnessed. She drops her bag on the floor and says “What are you guys doing in my room? Why can’t you do this in your own room Yerim?” She has a firm tone in her voice.

“Hey Joy, how are you?” Yeri looks at Rosé in disbelief. Did she really just pretend Joy didn’t catch them kissing in her room? “Sooy- unnie… I didn’t expect you to be home so early” That’s all that could come out of Yeri’s mouth. Things just got really awkward and all of them just look at eachother for a second. “I think it’s time for me to go anyway.. bye guys see you at school tomorrow!” Rosé walks towards the stairs to go down. Yeri looks at Joy who is completely silent but she can just tell that she is pissed off. I mean.. she gets her. Would you be happy if your little sister is kissing your crush in YOUR room? “I’ll walk you to your car Chaeyoung” Yeri runs down the stairs and they both walk outside after Rosé has said bye to Irene. They both get inside Rosé’s car.

Joy looks out of her window and sees them getting in the car. She’s upset and hurt that her best friend would hurt her like this.

It’s silent in the car since Yeri and Rosé are both waiting for one of them to break the silence. Rosé and Yeri look at eachother. “Chaeyoung that was really awkward. Not just that, I feel really bad because you’re my sisters...” Yeri looks at Rosé. “....Best friend” Yeri couldn’t tell her Rosé is her sister’s crush. Or maybe she just didn’t want to. “I know it’s wrong Yerimie” Yeri smiles, she loved it when she called her that. “But I don’t regret it. I liked it and I would do it again” Rosé ruffles Yeri’s hair and puts her key in the ignition. “Go inside and talk to your sister Yerimie. I’ll see you tomorrow”

Yeri opens the door and finds Joy and Irene sitting at the dinner table. “Yerim come here and eat dinner” Yeri walks to the dining room and sees Joy eating from her plate, not looking at her.

“Isn’t mom home from work yet?” Irene pouts and says “No, she had to finish some extra work and told me she’s sad she can’t eat dinner with us” “Ah okay” Yeri sits on her chair and starts eating. She tries to make eye contact with Joy but Joy either keeps looking at her plate or only looks at Irene while she’s saying something to their mom. But not one word has been said to Yeri.

After they’ve cleaned up and done the dishes, Irene makes them go to their rooms to do their homework. Yeri thinks it’s the perfect opportunity to talk to Joy.

“Unnie, can we talk about this please?” Yeri tries to get Joy’s attention right before she’s about to close the door. “There’s nothing to talk about Yeri. Just drop it. And next time when you decide to kiss one of my crushes, atleast have the decency to do it in your own room” Joy gives Yeri the deadliest look she has ever seen. “I’m sorry unnie, I really am” Joy looks her right in the eye and shuts the door, which made Yeri flinch.

Joy stands in the middle of her room, not knowing what to think. She looks at her door and the image of her little sister and Rosé pops in her mind again. Joy starts to get mad again and throws the nearest thing she can get her hands on across the room. When she realizes what she threw she laughs sarcastically. It’s the brown bear she got from Rosé. The bear holds a heart saying “BFF”. “Best friend” Joy scoffs.

Joy lays on her bed and the only thing she can do is cry. Cry because she feels betrayed by her best friend. But what gets her more is that she feels even more betrayed by her own sister. Her own blood. Joy breaks down and can’t stop crying. What did she do to deserve this?

Yeri lays in her bed too, tears in her eyes but unable to fully release them. She can’t stop thinking about the fact that she hurt her sister. When she thinks about it she realized how good Joy is to Yeri and how she’s always there and has her back. Yeri is finally able to cry and lets it all out.

 

 

Little do the sisters know that they both spent their entire night bawling their eyes out.