Their very first meeting

Devastating Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Kim Taehyung is on the way here?” Joohyun shrieked and got up from her seat and darted towards Seungwan personal coffee counter for her bag.

 

Seulgi was surprised by Joohyun’s speed; she stood before her trying to halt her from leaving. “Joohyun…relax, listen to me…Joohyun…” she grabbed hold of her arms and stopped her. “I was just kidding, Jimin oppa is coming alone. Both of them went out for separate meetings, he won’t be coming with Taehyung. Relax…”

 

“Kang Seulgi, it’s not funny at all okay,” Seungwan hit the playful dancer. “Your sense of humor never fails to raise a ruckus.” She shook her head disbelievingly.

 

Joohyun frowned and puffed, irritated “yes, that’s not funny.”

 

Returning back to their seats, Seungwan took a sip of her coffee before looking at Seulgi who looked evidently happy. “So future Mrs. Park, when will your wedding take place?”

 

Seulgi’s smile grew wider at the mention of her upcoming wedding, “we haven’t really decided on the date yet. Jimin oppa had been very busy recently. I wonder how he planned on the proposal with his packed schedule.” Swiping her phone, she looked up at the two “speaking of wedding, did you all see the news? Kim Taehyung and Kim Jennie are getting married.”

 

Eyeing at the lady beside her, Seungwan kicked on Seulgi’s shin under the table without Joohyun noticing. She signaled to her to not bring up the topic. Understanding the sign, Seulgi looked away while fingers gently tapping on her pursed lips awkwardly.

 

Joohyun sensed the awkwardness in the air; she smiled lightly “you ladies don’t have to avoid talking about him in front of me.”

 

Seulgi bit her lower lip, “are you sure you are fine?”

 

“Heol…” Seungwan rolled her eyes at Seulgi lack of sensitivity character. “She wouldn’t have speed up to her bag if she is fine. Yah Kang Seulgi, you never change a bit.”

 

Joohyun chuckled at Seungwan never ending complains, “That just show he has move on, isn’t it?” she said whilst staring still on her cup of drink.

 

“Oh, Park Jimin is here,” Seungwan pointed out at the man who was coming up from the stairs.

 

“Oppa, you are early, I thought you would be here around dinner time.” Seulgi looked up to the man who casually draped his arm around her shoulder.

 

Jimin just smiled warmly before greeting the two ladies “Hi Seungwan noona,” Jimin waved at her and turned to Joohyun, “Joohyun-shi, it had been quite some time since we last met.”

 

Joohyun smiled uneasily before bowing her head courteously. “I need to make a move first…”

She took hold of her sling bag, ready to take her leave before Seungwan held on her wrist, “where are you going?”

 

“I skipped practice today, since I have some free time now before relieving oppa later I should go practice a bit,” she explained.

 

“But it’s almost dinner you can go after having dinner with us,” Seungwan argued.

 

Joohyun shook her head “I’m not hungry, you all enjoy yourself.”

 

Watching her left hastily, Jimin bewildered “because of me?”

 

“Isn’t it obvious?” Seungwan rolled her eyes with her usual dramatic expression.

 

Jimin raised a brow, “Seungwan noona’s remark is always unkind.” Seulgi chuckled before pulling on her fiancé arm to sit beside her.

 

“Stop calling me noona, I’m only a month older than you do, okay.” Seungwan said while tapping her finger on the table.

 

“Unnie, come to think of it, Taehyung and Joohyun are the youngest in the group,” Seulgi said.

 

Jimin nodded, “Yup, his birthday is near Christmas while Joohyun’s is near New Year.” Turning his attention to the older lady, he asked “why is Joohyun avoiding me, it had been years since I last talk to her? Earlier was the longest sentence I’ve got to say to her over 7 years.”

 

“To be precise, she has not spoken to anyone who is associated to Kim Taehyung,” Seulgi answered.

 

Jimin chuckled at that statement, “that bad ha.”

 

“Back then, I thought they became a thing after the party but what surprised me most is after the concert they became enemies,” Seulgi scratched her head, agitated “I don’t get it, have you ever ask Taehyung about this?”

 

“Never interfere in your boss personal matters, that was the first rule he set for me,” Jimin stated.

 

“But you are his closest friend,” Seulgi eyed at her fiancé suspiciously.

 

“Let’s not talk about their history, I’ll make you a drink what do you want?” Seungwan offered to the man who never leaks any information of his boss.

 

Jimin grinned, “The drink hyung like the most.”

 

“One more time I’ll make sure you’ll get kick out from here,” she pointed at him threateningly with her index finger, “I’ll make the one you like. No wonder both of you are match made in heaven, lack of sensitivity.”

 

“She stopped making that drink a year ago, remember” Seulgi reminded him.

 

“I know but it’s just nice to , I know you agree to me too.” Jimin smirked before getting a pinch on his nose from her.

 

-

 

After the discussion with Jimin, Taehyung had left to the hospital to visit Mr. Bae. Stepping into the main entrance, he saw a petite woman dropped her things but before he could lend her a hand, a nurse came up to help. As he entered the ICU ward, he checked at the nurse station for Mr. Bae’s room.

 

The moment he opened the door, he was frightened as he saw an object was thrown towards his direction.

 

“Eomma, stop it you would hurt him.” Baekhyun held on Mrs. Bae who was outrageous with Taehyung’s presence. He held on the elder woman wrist, “I’ll bring him away.”

 

“That’s scary…” Taehyung eyes widened before looking at the cup that was threw at him earlier.

 

Baekhyun sighed, embarrassed by his mother’s action. “Thank god her aim was bad or we would get sued for injuring you.” The taller man did not know how to react to his statement.

 

Baekhyun beamed, patting on his back before bringing him to the café at ground floor, “let me get you a drink, what do you want?”

 

“I’ll get for you hyung, please sit” Taehyung insisted as he pushed him down on the couch. Few minutes later, Taehyung came back with two cups of tea.

 

“Did you see Joohyun?” Baekhyun asked while helping Taehyung to put the drinks on the table from the tray. Taehyung looked at him with his two huge eyes, surprised. “She just left a while ago.”

 

He shook his head and muttered “no…”

 

Baekhyun chortled, “What’s with that surprise look? The last time I met you was back in 5 years during our family gathering. That was the first and last gathering you went.”

 

“Hyung know very well I never like family meetings,” Taehyung smiled. “How is Uncle Bae’s condition?”

 

“We are still waiting for the anesthetic effect to wear off, nothing much can be done for now but at least he is not in a life-threatening condition.” Baekhyun was grateful of that. “By the way, I’m sorry about my mother’s behavior earlier. She just came back from home after a short rest.”

 

“Never mind that, she has the right to feel angry. Have you spoken to Jumyeon-shi about the case?” Taehyung asked.

 

“I wanted to but this morning all us were swept away by hurricane.” Baekhyun had his palms on his face, brushing it exhaustedly “all I could think was only appa at that moment, thank goodness we got to send him to the A&E in time. Joohyun tried contacting him but there was no response.”

 

Taehyung’s breath hitched upon hearing her name again. Holding on Baekhyun’s shoulder, he said “I may not be of much help in the case but if you need any other help, please let me know.”

 

He patted on his hand gratefully, “appreciate it, I know your uncle had been wanting to stop us from being the exclusive supplier in YJ Group. Sooner or later he would have given us more challenges.”  

 

“Hyung, you should return to SH Enterprise and lessen you father’s burden. You can’t just rely on your cousin,” Taehyung wasn’t sure how he should hint to him about the suspicious Jumyeon.

 

Baekhyun shook his head with a grin laced on his lips, “business was never my strength all I did in school was basketball, you know too. Joohyun would have done better but she loves music too much and gradually shunned away from our family business.” He sighed before turning to Taehyung and noticed his nervous and bothered face, “why do I feel you would have this weird expression whenever I mention about my sister?”

 

Clearing his throat uneasily, Taehyung was caught off-guard by his question. “Did I? We weren’t that close, just schoolmates.”

 

 “Why are you stammering I didn’t even ask much,” he grinned. “Schoolmates ha…”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter