Let's be Friends

The Flower in the Dark

Nari hear a familiar voice. She turns around and see Jung Jinsoo standing behind her. He passes by her. "Long time no see." He said to Ji Youngbin who is standing only a few feet away from her. Ji Youngbin is a famous idol two years their senior. He is also the most famous idol participating in the show. Other idols gasped in shock at their unexpected friendship.

"I didn't know they know eachother?" gasp Min Yoona in shock.

"Daebak! I can't believe Youngbin is in the this show," exclaim Chaerim in excitement.

" Which idols do you have your eyes set on?" ask Yoona.

"Jung Jinsoo," answer Kang Yebin.

"Probably Ji Youngbin. But I'm sure other girls want him too!" sigh Chaerim knowing her chances are slim.

"What about you Nari?" Yoona ask.

Nari looks around and shrug her shoulders, "No one I guess." As the girl continue catching up, Nari can see Jinsoo sneaking glances at her.

"Hul, why is he looking at me?" snicker Nari and looks away.

Kim Jaewon walk over to JUng Jinsoo and Ji Youngbin who is still busy catching up. "Youngbin hyung," call an excited Jaewon who haven't seen his friend in a long time. They both reach their arms out to hug eachother.

"Jaewon, is there anyone you want to pair up with?" ask Youngbin.

"I'm nervous. I don't even have a pick yet," said Kim Jaewon.

Ji Youngbin points towards Nari, " I have my eyes set on her."

"Song Nari?" ask Jinsoo in surprise. Ji Youngbin nodded, "She's my type."

Nari left Chaerim and the two Everest members side. She head towards the snack section set out on a table for idols to grub. She grab a bottle of water when Ji Youngbin walks over to her and they started conversing. Jung Jinsoo watch from a distance unable to hear their conversation. He is feeling some what uneasy and bothered. "I'm wondering how well this will go," said Jaewon.

"Hello I am Ji Youngbin"

"Nice to meet you I'm Song Nari"

"Should we partner up?"

"No thank you"

"I'm not taking no for an answer," said a persistent Ji Youngbin.

"What don't you understand? I said no."

She take a few steps to walk away when Ji Youngbin grabs her arm. Nari turn around and scoff at him. "I need to poop. Are you coming along?" she ask sarcastically. He then let go of her arm as she hurriedly walk away from him. Ji Youngbin is left amuse. Nari is unlike other girls who throw themselves at him. He smile finding her even more attractive.

The MC's come by to introduce themselves before starting the show. They are two famous TV personalities known for their MCing skills. After the introduction, everyone is given 5 minutes before the show starts. While Nari is bent down to tie her shoe she see someone comes by and stand infront of her. She looks up and see that it was Jinsoo.

"How's your leg?" he ask her while crossing his arm.

"It's been ten months. I'm fine now." scoff Nari

"What did you and Youngbin talk about earlier?"

"Ya! Why should you care?"

"I can't asked?"

"Why don't you just mind your own business," she ask.

Jinsoo scoff in disbelief, "My name's not ya. Why are you so rude?"

"What? Ya, you're the rude one"

"I didn't do anything to deserve this kind of treatment. You should thank me for last time when you hurted your ankle."

"Why should I thank you?" scoff Nari as she stand up after tying her shoelace.

"Then you should apologize for accusing me last time," demand Jinsoo

"Ya, you're the one who's a thief."

"How am I a thief? Why are you always accusing me of things I never done? What did I take?"

"I'm tired of bickering with you. Let's just avoid eachother," inisist Nari

"Ya," he point at her as she runs off avoiding him. Jung Jinsoo takes a deep sigh. "She unbelievable," he mumble.

Kang Yebin nervously approach him from behind. She take a deep breath and tap his shoulder. Jinsoo turns around and see's Kang Yebin.

"Hello. I am Kang Yebin of Everest," she greet him.

Jinsoo slightly nodded his head greeting her in return.

"I wanted to thank you for what you did long ago. I haven't seen you since so I never had the chance to thank you."

Jinsoo thought for abit trying to recall what she meant. Suddenly he remembers the Sonya incident.

"Ah.. Yes. I hope you're okay," he said

"After what she did, I no longer look up to her. Thank you again for saving me"

Jinsoo clear his throat and explain, "It was nothing. I would've done the same for everyone else."

"Eversince then I..." before she could finish her confession to him her feelings the MC's gather the idols to the platform. The show had just began filming and the camera's are now rolling.

MC (1): Hello we are....

MC (1) & (2): Idol school!

MC (2): Our show is special because Idols will feel like they can freely date with all the games we had prepare for today.

During the introduction the MC's had every one show off their charms since partners will be picked. It was embarrassing for Nari while she waited her turn as she did not have aegyo, she was not y, she wasn't even the prettiest, the only thing she had was her singing. Everest's Visuals were superior, even though Kang Yebin was not the visual in Everest she was the prettiest idol amongst the ones on the show. The guys went crazy for her when she danced y. It was a reversal charm as Everest is more known for their cute and girly concepts. Nari was next up. She stood in the middle and dance awkwardly. However, the music then stopped and played again with her busting out some techno moves and dancing to the music not caring about what anyone think and was just having fun. Which lightened up the mood in the studio with others joining in taking away all the pressure. Jinsoo is impress with Nari's charm. He like that she didn't care much about her image, and knows how to have fun. However, Ji Youngbin is also left impress. Whatever she did, drawn Youngbin more into her.  After the introductions, the MC's went over the rules. The ladies are given a chance to give her rose away to the man she want. He have the chance to reject the rose or take it. The rose will confirm who will pair up with who. However, if someone is left out without a partner then she will have to complete the game missions by herself until someone else decides they no longer want their current partner by switching their partner out with her, or by stealing someone else's partner. However, that chance can only be use if the chance card is found during a game. The couple with most win will get the chance to promote their group and win a beef set. The individual who change their partners the most will also win a smaller prize. Ji Youngbin went up first with most of the ladies swooning over him. Only Kang Yebin and Song Nari did not approach him. Although Youngbin have the option to reject anyone, he chose Min Yoona as his partner. When it Was Kim Jaewon's turn to go up, other girls went up while Kang Yebin, Yoo Chaerim, and Song Nari stay behind. However; he did not take any roses. Once it was Jinsoo's turn, Kang Yebin and another girl went up with their roses. He reaches out and takes Yebin's rose. "Wow... He's definietly a liar. I'm sure he likes her." thought Nari. At the end result Nari, Chaerim, and Jaewon is left without a partner. Now Jaewon must pick between the two.

"Song Nari is an interesting one. Why didn't you go up at all?" ask MC (1)

"Isn't there anyone you wanted to pair up with?" MC (2) ask out of curiousity.

"No. There isn't anyone"

Her response caused laughter in the studio dropping the bomb on everyone else.

"Yoo Chaerim, you only went up once and that was for Ji Youngbin. There wasn't anyone else you wanted?" wonder MC (2)

"Yes," Chaerim answer firmly. 

"Ohhhh." teased some of the idols. "He's a difficult one. Almost every female idols wanted to pair up with him"said MC (2)

"Jaewon, so why didn't you accept any of the roses offered to you?" ask MC (1)

"Who I wanted was...." before he completed his sentence he nervously point at Yoo Chaerim taking everyone by surprise. Chaerim's eye widen in shock and points to herself.  "Me?"she ask in disbelief.

"Kim Jaewon, you still have a chance to pick your partner. But I'm going to assume we all know who already." said MC (1)

Both Nari and Chaerim turn their backs as Jaewon walk up behind them with a rose. Both Nari and Chaerim turns around and as predicted he chose Yoo Chaerim. The studio is fill with excitement as many female idols heart flutter. She accept his rose leaving Nari without a partner. The games have begin and Nari have to compete against the other couples alone. Ji Youngbin who would steal glances at her while his partner is busy with missions was amaze with her perserverance. Although she was in a disadvantage, Song Nari would push through every games even if that meant placing last. She put in effort and use every strengths she have in every game, even if that meant she was out number and didn't have much of a chance to win.

Kang Yebin blushes as her heart pounded while Jinsoo places his hand on her shoulders. He stand behind her  while trying to adjust her position from behind the relay line. He spoke softly into her ears, guiding her secrets about their plan.

The rule of the relay is to have the women start. They will race through the obstacle course, then grab the donut hanging by string only using their mouth, carrying the donut by mouth, they must run back towards the men, before the guys can start the race, they must take a bite from the other end of the donut, race towards the wall, and press the buzzer to win. Nari did not have a partner, that meant she would have to eat the entire donut with no hand before she can race against the guys to hit the buzzer.

Once the race begin, Yebin found herself in the lead following Jinsoo's instruction. She was able to get the donut while others struggle. She runs back to Jinsoo and is taken by surprise when he take a huge bite of the donut with their lips almost touching in less than an inch away. Jinsoo was too into the game to even realize as his determination to win made them the winner of the relay race. However, Ji Youngbin found a chance card and switch Yoona out with Nari for the next game. In the next game, the couples versus eachother on a foam cylinder. After every elimination the finalist will compete for first place. The females sat up front with males behind. Jinsoo's team, and Youngbin's team are the finalists. Nari sat across from Yebin as they prepared to push eachother off. Yebin's long sleeve sort of  went down while lifting her arms up. Nari see's the bracelet she couldn't get back. This infuriated her and pushes Kang Yebin off the second the game begin. With her hulk like strength she violently pushes Jinsoo off giving him no time to spare. Everyone is left amaze by her strength. "She's strong," said one of the idols. "Daebak," said another one impressed. Nari and Ji Youngbin won right away. She throws her arms up in celebration but falls off the cylinder and land ontop of Jung Jinsoo who was still lying on top the mattress from his fall.

It seem like time had stop for that quick second as they come face to face. Nari felt fluster with her heart beating like crazy. "What is this?" thought Nari as she can feel her heart beating through her chest. Nari quickly pull herself away from him as the two quickly stood and turn away from eachother to avoid the awkwardness. Youngbin  jumps off the cylinder to celebrate with her. "Wow, you are really strong!' said an impressed Youngbin.

"I just got lucky." deny Nari. "I knew I chose the right partner. You're beautiful and strong," he complimented her.

"Ya!" she yell at Youngbin. He bit his bottom lips and whispered into her ear, "I told you that I will make you my partner."  Nari smack his arm lightly. "Stop it already," she said. Jinsoo is busy with Kang Yebin; however, he couldn't help but observe Nari and Youngbin.

"What is this?" Jinsoo asked himself as he is still feeling bothered seeing them together. After a few more games the winner for the show was Nari and Youngbin as they dominated most games. Jinsoo couldn't help it since every time Youngbin made flirtatious remarks towards Nari he lost focus.

(Time Skip)

The Everest members are watching idol School together. The show is finally air on TV. A close up of the donut scene between Jung Jinsoo and Kang Yebin comes on the screen taking Yebin off guard and fluster while the members . Although she deny having any romantic feelings for him, secretly her heart was fluttering, and her stomach was filled with butterflies.

Back at RosePetal's dorm, they are also watching the same Idol School episode.

"Daebak! I can't believe Ji Youngbin sunbae gave you his number," said Yoo Chaerim in disbelief.

"That's pretty much hitting the lottery," said Jang Ara

"You should call him," Kim Nami insist.

"I don't want to. Plus I told him we don't have a phone," said Nari.

"Even if we don't have phones I'd probably take my chance with him," giggle Chaerim.

"I'm not even thinking about it,"said Nari while she remain focus on Jung Jinsoo and Kang Yebin's donut scene shown on screen. The other members have theirs eyes off the television as they continue talking about Ji Youngbin to Nari.

"He really like you. Everyone could tell. He didn't even hide it. That's why you should date him," insist Chaerim with frustration.

"Then you should date him," said Nari sarcastically.

"Ya, you're the one Ji Youngbin like," said Chaerim.

"Nari should feel grateful it's Ji Youngbin," laugh Yoon Sohee.

The girls giggle away as they continue to converse.

(Time Skip)

A month past by. It is now October and RosePetal just started promoting for their comeback. Their promotion will overlap with Outbreak and Everest's. However, it is Outbreak's last day of promotion while RosePetal and Everest just started. RosePetal have just entered SBS for Inkigayo's music show. The girls are still dress in their casual clothing. While waiting in the lobby for manager Kim who have run off to use the restroom, they coincidentally run into Ji Youngbin who have just arrive to the station. Nari clutches tighly onto Ara's hand hoping he would just pass them by.  "Hello," he greet the girls. "Darn it," Nari mumble.

The RosePetal members greeted him in return. Youngbin turn over towards Nari and smile. "Why haven't you call me?" he ask her. "I am not obligated to call you," she said.

"I've been waiting."

"Don't wait for me. I'm not interested."

"That's why you're different. You're not like other girls. I'm even more fascinated."

Nari scoff in disbelief. "What is it that you're not getting?" she ask him annoyingly.

"You can't change my mind on how I feel about you." he insist.

Youngbin checks the time on his watch. "I'll see you later. I have a radio appearance." He wink at her and left. The RosePetal members watch speechless. "You're definitely right Chaerim, he doesn't hide it that he's interested in her." said Ara in deep shock.

Once Nari got her make up done she decided to run errands for the girls. Nari is on her way back to the waiting room with coffee in her arms. She see's Ji Youngbin making his way to RosePetal's room. He is standing infront of the door and he reaches his hand out to knock.

"Hul," said a shock Nari. She quickly turn around, and begin walking the opposite direction to avoid him. She hurriedly turn around the corner when she bump into Jung Jinsoo spilling coffee all over him. She gasp loudly and covers from shock. "I'm sorry," she apologize. "You got my stage outfit all wet," said Jinsoo. She take a peak out the corner. She see's Ji Youngbin turning back around, and walking towards their direction. Her members must have told him that she wasn't in the room.  Nari quickly pull Jinsoo into the emergency staircase with her. "Ya!" said Jinsoo still upset about the situation. "What are you going to do about my shirt?" he ask. He scoffs and places his hands on his hip, "My stylist didn't even bring me an extra outfit. My company can't afford it."

"I will figure something out." said Nari.

"Like how?"

"Stay here," she said and quickly left the emergency stair case. She run into RosePetal's waiting room. "Where were you? Where's our coffee?" ask Sohee. "I'll be back," said Nari and run towards Manager Kim who is still eating ramen noodles. "Give me your shirt," she demanded.

"What?"

"You have an extra shirt underneath. Give me your flannel."

A confuse manager Kim follows her instruction without any questions. He takes off the flanel and hand it over to her. Nari runs out the room with Manager Kim's flannel. "Did she just rob you of your shirt?" ask a confuse Ara.

"What's was that all about?" wondered a baffle manager Kim.

Nari enters the staircase that Jinsoo is waiting in. She run towards him and tries to forcefully take off his shirt without giving him any warnings. Taken back Jinsoo held tightly onto his shirt not knowing what she was trying to do. "What are you doing?" he ask.

"Take off your shirt."

"What?" question a fluster Jinsoo.

"Wear this." she demand. Just then his shirt rip while she struggle to take it off and he struggled keeping it on.

"Ya!!" shouted Jinsoo. "You ripped my shirt?"

"That's because you wouldn't listen to me. You should've let me take it off," she argue.

Someone then enter the staircase one floor above. Jinsoo pushes Nari against the wall to hide from people seeing them. They are pin against eachother close enough for Nari to breathe against his chest. The smell of caffeine is strong. She can even hear his heart beating. Nari's heart flutter. She isn't sure why. Maybe it was because they are so close to eachother. She look up and stare at his face while he is focus on listening to the people's foot step from above. It was a bit dark in the staircase; however, she can see every handsome detail on his face. Nari gulp nervously.

"I..."

"Shhh," Jinsoo places his index finger against her lip to keep her quiet until the the people are gone. They had gone up a few floors up before exiting the staircase. Nari and Jinsoo is again left alone. She quickly pushes him away from her.

"They're gone," she said trying to maintain her composure. She was obviously embarrass since she don't have much physical interactions with men.

Jinsoo see's the flanel in her hand.

"Ya, take off your shirt. Change into this," she demanded

Before she knew it he starts ing his shirt baring his chest. Nari gasp and she cover her eyes.

"You were just trying to strip me off my shirt earlier. Why are you covering your eyes?" he ask frustratingly and takes the flanel from her hand. He take off his shirt and put on the flannel.

"Are you done?" she asks shyly still covering her eyes.

'Yes," Jinsoo answered.

Nari puts down her hand clearing from the awkwardness.

"Are you abnormal? Why are you so careless? You're always hurting yourself or causing problems? Did you know what my stylist had to go through to get me this shirt?" lecture Jinsoo.

"Ya! I atleast did my part. I found you a new shirt. You should appreciate it."

"My name's not ya!"

"You called me YA earlier too!" complain Nari. "That's because I'm upset. You spelt coffee all over me and ruin my outfit." defended Jinsoo.

"I still took responsibility so why are you complaining? If you need me to go to your stylist and apologize I will," Nari argue.

"You ripped my shirt!" he bicker back. 

"Ya!!!" shouted a frustrated Nari. "You steal and don't even take responsibility for your actions. Why should I have to be responsible for you!?" Nari storms off in anger. Jinsoo again is left confuse. "What did I steal?" he ask himself.

On Jinsoo's way back to Outbreak's waiting room he see's Kang Yebin nervously waiting outside the room. She paces back and forth nervously by the door. He didn't think of much it and walk past her. Before he could get to the door she suddenly call taking him by surprise. "Jung Jinsoo!"

He realize then that she was waiting for him.

"I heard that today is Outbreak's last day promoting."

"Yes it is." said Jinsoo

"I know that I am your senior but..." she places an Everest signed CD into his hand. Jinsoo see's the bracelet on her wrist. "That bracelet," said Jinsoo in a soft voice.

"What about it?"  Yebin ask.

"You still have it?"

A fluster Yebin covers her wrist with her right hand.

"Yes."

"Can I have it back?" he ask.

"Why?"

"I returned it to the wrong person."

By now Yebin is embarrass. Her face starts turning red. "I've had it for so long. I thought it was a gift," she said with hesitation.

"I'm sorry if you feel offended in any way."

"I will only return it if you promise me coffee. Deal?" ask Kang Yebin.

"I don't want rumors flying around," said a concern Jinsoo.

Kang Yebin initially wanted to ask him out. However, she is overwhelm with embarassement after hearing what he had just say about rumors.

"I'm not asking you out on a date," said a fluster Yebin. "I only wanted to be your friend," she insist nervously.

"Okay. I owe you and the Everest members coffee then," he quickly agree.

"If you don't me asking. Who's bracelet is it? she ask out of curiousity.

"Just someone I know."

She hand him the bracelet. Although she didn't get exactly what she wanted; their deal was enough to make her happy. After all it can be a start of their new friendship.

During the end stage Everest is nominated for their first win for the first time. They are up against another rookie girl group call Araya. However, Araya came from an established agency. The Araya girls had been dominating the charts since their last comeback. Althought they only debuted last year, 3 months before RosePetal they had been going on a winning streak with every comeback. Araya even won music shows on their first debut stage achieving an all kill. Although promotion had ended for the Araya girls since last month and they are no longer performing on music shows, Araya is still doing strongly on charts to be continuously nominated. Everest's was especially nervous having to go up against monster rookies. They held eachother's hand tightly hoping for a win. The results are shown and Everest is announce the winners. The MC's congratulated them on their first win. The members shed tears of joy as they couldn't believe it themselves since they came from a small company with many failed idol groups prior. The leader of Everest Min Yoona gives out her winning speech in tears, "We can't believe it as we couldn't even dream that this day will ever come. Thank you to our CEO-nim, and our fans who never stopped supporting and believing in us. I love you."

"I'm so envious. I hope our time will come too!" said Kim Nami.

Yoon Sohee pat Kim Nami's back. "Let's work hard. I am happy for them." she said.

"I will be waiting for that day." said an envious Chaerim as she let out a sigh.

Nari and Ara nodded along.

Everest's win gave hope to all of the underrated groups from smaller agencies. Since it is especially hard for an idol group to survive. Only 1 out of 10 make it in the entertainment industry unless it's a rookie group like Araya who came from a well known agency that will find easier success.

Outbreak also watches from the side with envious. "Let's work hard," said Jinsoo giving hope to s as they exit the stage.

While Outbreak is leaving SBS Broadcasting Station, Jinsoo see's RosePetal also leaving. He wanted to return the bracelet but there was too many people and fans. Multiple fans waited to see their Idols. All Jinsoo could do is watch from afar as RosePetal enter their van. Manager Lee guided Outbreak into the opposite direction. With the bracelet in his possession, and Outbreak's promotion's ending he is unsure when they will meet again.

A few days later at Outbreaks agency, Jinsoo stresses as he tries to write lyrics. Over and over again he kept crossing out the pages or tearing it out. He took a long sigh in frustration. He watches s practice choreographing. Manager Lee comes by and sit down besides him. "You can't write again?" asked Manager Lee in concern.

"I just can't concentrate. It feels like I'll just fail again." Jinsoo aswered in distress. "What if we disband?"

"Don't say that. You guys can make it." Manager Lee reassure him.

Jinsoo runs his fingers through his hair taking a deep breath. "I keep telling myself a miracle will happen."

Jinsoo signals the boys to come over with his hand as he call out to them. "Come here," called Jinsoo stopping them in the middle of their practice. Jaewon, Insoo, and Minhyun walk over to Jinsoo and Manager Lee cover in sweats. "What is it?" Jaewon ask his same age friend still panting from the dance choreography. "Let's go get coffee at Gimpo's cafe," insist Jinsoo. "Are you treating us hyung?" ask Minhyun the maknae.

"Yes I am. You've guys been working hard."

"Ofcourse we have. We have to get our first win someday in the future," said Insoo.

Minhyun share with excitement, "After Everest sunbae had their first win. I get so excited I couldn't even sleep."

"Take care of your health first. That's what matters more," said Jaewon.

"Hyung, should we get going now?" Insoo ask Jinsoo in regards to getting coffee.

Jinsoo gets up and he stretches his legs. He turn over towards Manager Lee. "Today you are not Manager Lee. You're Lee Minseok."

"Just like old times," laugh manager Lee. The boys starts walking off together out the door.

"Remember when we used to order ice coffee together as trainees?" reminisce Minhyun.The guys laughed as they reminisce about their predebuted years together as trainees and their tough times.

While Outbreak's promotion ended, both RosePetal and Everest continue their promotions. After 5 weeks, RosePetal's promotion came to an end, and Everest finally have their break through with 5 consecutive wins. The Everest members began gaining popularity. They were invited to many broadcasting station and talk shows. After two months of no promotion December finally came.

Music Bank is having a Christmas collaboration Special. Rookie groups are invited. The line up also included Araya among others. RosePetal members couldn't believe they will be seeing Araya for the first time. It felt like seeing real celebrities. After seeing Araya walk into KBS the RosePetal member sjump in excitement. "They're so beautiful," Chaerim exclaim.

"They're like walking barbie dolls," said an amaze Nami.

"What kind of concept do you think we're getting?" ask a curious Nari.

"A cool concept wouldn't be too bad," said Sohee.

Chaerim chimed in, "How about a y concept?"

"With the boys? I don't think y fits me well," said an unsure Ara.

"Oh yeah, you're still underage. You'll be an adult soon. I'll treat you alcohol in a few days once the new year hits," giggle Chaerim with joy.

'I heard no one is getting the same concepts," share Nami.

"I wonder which male group we're collaborating with?" wonder Nari.

RosePetal enter an empty room and meet the dance choreographer. "Hello, I am Ms. Kim. I will be you're dance instructor. The concept given to you will be Cute." Sohee raises her hand, "Excuse me but who are we collaborating with?" Outbreak enters the room. Nari gasp in shock. "Outbreak will be collaborating with you"

Jung Jinsoo smile as he reaches his hand out. "Hello I am Jung Jinsoo. So we meet again."