The Alien and the Musician

The Flower in the Dark

"Jung Jinsoo!" call out Nari. Jinsoo turns around and marches over toward her. He reach his arms out and embraces her into his arm.

"You came"

Nari can feel her heart beating again. She realizes her true feeling. She can no longer deny it nor can she run away. Nari hesitated for awhile to put her arms around him. Before she had the chance he pull away from her and stare into her eyes. "I've been waiting all day. I'm hungry."

They walk down the night market and snack on street foods. Jinsoo sigh in relief after taking a bite off the fish cake as they walk side by side. "Mmmm. It's so good."

Nari kept quiet as she walk by his side.

"What are you thinking about? Why are you so quiet?"

"Aren't you angry at me? I almost didn't come."

"Why should I? After all you did make it. I'm satisfied," said Jinsoo as he take another bite from the fish cake in his hand.

"Ya, don't you think us meeting like this will start rumors?" Nari ask in concern.

"We're both nugus. Who do you think will recognize us?" chuckle Jinsoo. He walk ahead of her, "There's somewhere I want to take you."

"Where?"

"You'll see. It's heaven."

Nari enters the arcade.

"This is heaven?" she ask. Jinsoo walk proudly and he places his hands on his hip. "Yep!"

They played a few games in the arcade together, and ran around the maze shooting eachother. Nari slowly and cautiously take a step forward as she take a peek from behind the walls to see if Jinsoo is there. She lifts her gun up ready to shoot whoever came in her way. She jump out from behind the wall and realizes he isn't there. Nari puts her gun down. While she is off guard Jinsoo jump from behind her and shoots. He hit her on the left chest and shoulder. "Woohoo," shout an excited Jinsoo as he won the match between them. Nari is completely taken by surprise. She couldn't believe that she have fallen for his trick.

"Ya, you only won because you trick me."

"I was just the better player," he tease.

"Ya!"

"My name's not ya. Call me oppa!" he again.

"You're really driving me insane," said Nari while smacking his arm playfully. After their date, Jinsoo is walking Nari to the bus stop. They see a crane game with some character neck pillow. "I want the alien one," he said. He put in some quarters into the machine but loses in the crane game. "Why do you want that thing? There's cuter ones." she ask him.

"I like unique ones like you. You're wierd like an alien so that's the one I want," said Jinsoo as he try again. Nari is taken back by his words. She clears and shrug it aside.

"No!!!" said Jinsoo. He dig into his pocket and realizes he have no more change. "Let's go," he sigh.

Jinsoo walk her to the bus station that will take her home.

"You should get going," said Nari.

"I'll wait until the bus comes."

Nari lends him the bracelet. "It's yours. You didn't have to return it."

"Why?"

There's no more use for it. I made it for my grandmother but she passed already."

"Sorry to hear that"

"Don't be. It was her time to go."

Jinsoo squeezes the bracelt tightly in his hand, "I don't know what to do with it."

"Give it back to Kang Yebin," suggest Nari.

"Ya, are you crazy? I asked for it back after she had it for almost a year. I can't just give it back to her. That's embarrassing."

Nari grabs the bracelet from his hand and throws it.

"Ya!" shout a shock Jinsoo.

"Let's end this bracelet story here and start anew."

Just then the bus comes. Nari wave at Jinsoo with a smile and gets on the bus.

"When will we see eachother again?" Jinsoo ask her. However, the door closes before she could hear him. Jinsoo sigh deeply and watch the bus drive away. He turn towards the direction the bracelet was thrown and start searching for it in a panick. To Jinsoo this bracelet meant more to him than what Nari thought. He worked so hard to retrieve it back, even making a deal with Kang Yebin. Jinsoo just couldn't let it go.

While his roommates are asleep, Jinsoo couldn't stop thinking about Nari. His heart flutter with just the thought of her. He take out his notebook and began writing down his feelings into lyrics.

Nari is also laying in bed while thinking of Jinsoo. The date today reassure her that they're really dating. She wonder when did he start liking her. Thinking back she can't even recall a time when Jinsoo started showing interest, or was it that she never paid attention. She smile unconciously thinking about their date. Ara comes into the room. The girls have gotten home late from practice. It was already 1 AM.

"What's so funny unnie? You seem really happy?"

"Ara, I feel so much better now that you're here."

"Why?"

"Seeing you reassure me that I'm not dreaming. Come here." Nari sat up in bed and tap beside her for Ara to sit down. She follows Nari's demand and sit beside her.

"Ara," Nari call sweetly with a smile on her face.

"What?"

Nari wrap her arms around Ara hugging her tightly. "You're growing up so fast. Why can't you stay a baby forever?" joke Nari.

"Stop," Ara resisted with laughter.

"No," said Nari as she tickles her. The girls continue to wrestle playfully in the bed.

(Time skip)

A month and a half past by and Everest finally starts their group promotions. It was their long awaited comeback. The girls went on Weekly Idol to promote their comeback. "We are Weekly Idol," announces Hyung Don and Defcon together. "Today a girlgroup finally came after weeks of having boygroups on this show," said Hyungdon ecstatically. "We're bless today," Defcon screamed out with joy. "Let's welcome Everest!"

Everest then comes out from the side and towards the white screen. "Hello, we are Everest!"

After the introduction they are ask about their title track.

"Our title track is call BE YOURSELF. It's a song about a woman who changes completely into someone else when she see's the man she likes," explain Min Yoona.

"Ah, so if that is the title track do you ladies have anyone you like or an ideal type?" ask Hyung Don.

"No," said the girls while giggling.

"Ehhhh, there has to be someone," said an inconvience Hyung Don. The girls starts naming famous male celebrities as their ideal type such as Shin Lee Won, and Ji Young Bin. However, Kang Yebin chose a not so famous and unknown Jung Jinsoo from Outbreak. "My ideal type is.... He's not as well known as the other guys but Jung Jinsoo from Outbreak," she shyly confess.

"Outbreak?" ask Defcon who had never heard of them.

"I think this is my first time hearing about them from another idol. I know who they are but what makes him your ideal type?" ask Hyung Don.

"First of all, the Outbreak members are tall. I think their average height is 180 or 181 cm. They're all very handsome..."

"You mentioned Jung Jinsoo as your ideal type not Outbreak." Hyungdon cuts in before she could finish putting her in an awkward but funny situation. His statement cause laughter in the basement. "Uhhh... Jung Jinsoo just seems very manly. Yes, I like manly men," said Yebin who ended her ideal type awkwardly. "Send him a love video," tease Defcon. The ladies in the studios burst into laughter at the idea. Kang Yebin relay her "love" message to Jung Jinsoo. "Uhmmm.. Jung Jinsoo. You're really tall and manly. I think you're cool. I also think Outbreak have amazing musics. I hope you guys will find success in the future. Let's be closer in the future. Fighting," said Yebin while blushing. DefCon and Hyung Don began pointing fingers at her as they made fun of her blushing. Unsatisfied with the way she ended her love video, the guys convince her to include I love you at the end. "I love you," laugh Kang Yebin as the love message to Jinsoo finally ended. 

Since Kang Yebin is famous, fans and viewers became curious about Outbreak. The guys started trending #1 on Naver. Their fans even increase a little. Though it isn't much to make them famous, the publicity and platform Yebin had gave the group some exposure. "Daebak!," said an amaze Han Insoo who is browsing through the web. "Ya, Minhyun comehere."

Minhyun comes by and sits beside his hyung. "What is it?" he asked.

"We're number 1 on Naver."

Minhyun gasp in shock, "Number 1 on Naver?"

"Go get Jung Jinsoo and Kim Jaewon hyung here."

Minhyun gets up and rushes out the door. After awhile he comes back with Jinsoo and Jaewon.

"Hyung!" call an excited Insoo. "We're number 1 on Naver. We're trending right now."

Jinsoo and Jaewon rush towards Insoo to see. "Why are we trending?" Jinsoo ask.

"Kang Yebin mentioned us or something. I think it was on Weekly Idol," said Insoo while pulling up the video link from one of the article.

They watch the clip where Kang Yebin mention Outbreak and Jinsoo.

"Daebak, she said you're her ideal type," said an amaze Jaewon. The boy scroll down to read comments left by netizens.

Netizen 1: Daebak, she has great taste. Why haven't I heard of them before. They're all so handsome."

Netizen 2: They're music is okay. that they're from a small company. It's my first time hearing about them. The guys are all cute. Did their company decided to pick all visuals?"

Netizan 3: I'm a new fan of Outbreak. Thank you Kang Yebin.

Netizen 4: Weren't they partners on idol school? She must've had really like him. I thought he was gorgeous too! Such an underrated visual.

Netizen 5: Kang Yebin is like a goddess. She is untouchable. I was going to say something negative about this nugu she like but he's good looking. So I can't say anything bad at all. Their music is pretty good too! God is not fair.

Netizen 6: They're even more handsome than other famous idols. coming from a small company. I'm a new fan.

After reading the comments the boys look at eachother at first still in shock. "We're trending!" shout an excited Kim Jaewon. This was the most netizen have ever comment about them. The Outbreak members felt ecstatic. Kim Jaewon, Han Insoo, and Jeon Minhyun starts jumping around with joy and laughter. Jung Jinsoo; however, remain quiet. He walk out the room without anyone knowing. Jinsoo had mix feelings. He was happy they were trending; however, he rather wish it was  for their music and hard work. Still he feel grateful towards Kang Yebin. He lean against the hall with deep thoughts and sigh. Jinsoo takes out the bracelet from his pocket with a slight smile as he thought of Song Nari. It's been a while since he had seen her.

(Time Skip)

Five months past by. RosePetal finally have a comeback after a long 7 month. Song Nari stood nervously by herself as her agency had sent her out alone to promote the group on the variety show Idol School. She is feeling perplex. She isn't close to any of the other idols on the show. Just then she see's Moon Subin.

"Song Nari," call Moon Subin as she motion her hand for Nari to come over. Nari head towards Subin. "Thank god you're here," said Nari who is feeling alot more relax after running into Subin. "Sit beside me," insist Subin. Nari sits down beside her. Alot ot idols are staring at them as Subin is the prettiest and most famous idol on the show. Most of the men couldn't keep their eyes off her. She have this aura that attracts attention.

"I don't know anyone," said Subin while leaning over and whisper into Nari's ear.

"Me too!" said Nari as the girls giggle together.

"Araya never do variety shows. Why are you here?" ask a curious Nari.

"This is my punishment. My CEO caught me eating when I should be dieting for our comeback. He sent me here to exercise," giggle Subin.

Nari nod her head in agreement, "You're right. This is a physical variety show. I was on this show last year in September too."

"Wow so that was like a year ago. I didn't see that episode because I don't watch TV much. What kind of show is this?"

"You'll pair up with one of the male idol and do romantic games together. I believe the rules and concepts changes often so I'm not exactly sure what kind of games and rules there is today."

"Song Nari!" call a male voice.

Both Nari and Subin turn around. To Nari's surprise she see's Ji Youngbin.

"Heol," mutter a surprise Nari. Subin look at Youngbin and back towards Nari, "Do you two know eachother?"

"No," deny Nari.

"Let's go," said Nari as Subin and her got up and left. "This will be fun," said Ji Youngbin with a smirk as he watches her walk away. He knew she is trying to avoid him.

Once all team have been decided, the host went over the rules, and the games begin. Nari and her partner have to collect as many balls as possible while the other team have to stop them. Ji Youngbin and his partner was on the opposing team. Youngbin kept aiming towards Nari as he would tackle her or wrestle her on the floor so that she couldn't run off with the balls. Nari's partner was of no use since he have a weak side towards women. Her kept letting Youngbin's partner take the balls from him since he felt like he couldn't harm her. Everytime Youngbin's partner attack he went easy on her and would lose the balls. While Nari and Youngbin wrestle on the floor, he suddenly put his weight over Nari's body pinning her down.

"Ya, what do you think you're doing?"

"I just wanted to see you," smile Youngbin.

"Get off me," she over power him and flip him over. This time she is the one pinning him.

"You know Taekwondo?" ask a surprise Youngbin.

Without a word Nari get up and runs toward Youngbin's partner shoving her to the side. She quickly grab the balls that her partner had dropped and throws them into the pin. Youngbin lay on the mattress exhausted from their wrestling. He had given up and watch her with amazement as Nari's determination made her and her partner win the game.

After the end of the show, Nari gulp down water from the water bottle. She is cover in sweat from the intense games. Youngbin who is quite famous amongst female idols walk over towards her attracting much attention.

"Even your sweat is beautiful."

Nari accidentally spit out water from in surprise.

"Even that was beautiful," he continue.

"Ya! Leave me alone," she demanded.

"I just can't help it. You are just so beautiful."

Nari scoff as she places her hands on her hip, " There's plenty of pretty girls here. Even prettier ones."

"But I like you"

"Ya, everyone is watching us. Becareful with your words."

"But they don't know what we're talking about."

"Ya!" shouted a frustrated Nari.

Youngbin see's Subin making her way towards Nari.

"I'll see you later," he excuses himself.

"What was that about?" ask Subin.

Nari shakes her head, "It's nothing."

"He's really aggressive. You couldn't even collect the balls because of him."

"Youngbin's crazy. I was about to go mad because of him," complain Nari.

Suddenly a famous Idol name Park Minwoo approaches both Subin and Nari. He is one of the idol who's rose got rejected by Moon Subin.

"Moon Subin, I'd like to get to know you better."

Taken by surprise Subin hesitated at first. "Oh.. I... uhm, I.. I can't."

"Come on let's get to know eachother," insist a persistent Minwoo.

"Sorry I really can't," said Subin shaking her head no.

Minwoo chuckle in frustration. His expression suddenly changes, " Ya! Do you know who I am? I've been in this industry for 5 years. How dare you look down on your sunbae? You even rejected my rose. Who are you to make me a fool?"

"I.. Just don't want to."

He takes a couple of steps towards her, "You think you're better because you came from a bigger agency? You think you're above me because you're pretty? You're a plastic surgery monster!"

Nari is appalled in what she was hearing from this guy.

"Who are you to use your authority to bully us because you're our senior? ? interferre an angry Nari.

"Who do you think you are? Do you want a death wish?" Minsoo threaten her.

"You don't know me. Quit talking like your something big and apologize to Moon Subin."

"You must be crazy? You nugu!"

"APOLOGIZE!" shout Nari attracting attention from everyone else on set as they turn around looking towards Park Minwoo. He starts feeling uneasy since everyone is watching his every move. Nari and Minwoo have become the center of attention. Just then Ji Youngbin comes by. "What is going on here?" he ask Park Minwoo. "Nothing," said Minwoo and he quickly walk away to avoid the problem getting bigger. Youngbin looks over to Nari who is still clearly upset. Without a word he leave following Minwoo.

"Thank you Song Nari," said Subin with her head down.

"It's no problem. Are you okay?" ask Nari in concern.

Moon Subin nod her head.

Later that night Subin is brushing her hair on her vanity in the Araya dorm. She remembers Park Minwoo's mean remark calling her a plastic surgery monster. She place the brush down and stare into her reflection.

"Even he can see that I am a monster."

She burst into tears. Suddenly the phone rang. She quickly wipe her tears and pick up the call. It was Shin Leewon on the other line.

Conversation on the phone

Subin: Hello. Who's this?

Leewon: Sorry I'm calling from a friends phone. I miss you.

Subin smile as she hear his touching words. Her tears continue down her cheeks as she try not to make him notice her crying.

Subin: I miss you too!

Leewon: Are you okay? You sound sad.

Subin: No... I'm just sick.

Leewon: Get better soon.

Subin: I will

Leewon: I have to go. Just calling to check on you.

Subin: I love you

Leewon: me too!

Leewon hangs up the phone in a hurry. He is at a restruarant with an older lady in her 40s who had just come back from the restroom. The lady is dress in expensive brands and jewelry. Shin Leewon nervously return the phone to the older lady. "Were you able to call your phone?" ask the clueless older lady. Leewon slightly nodded his head while looking down. "I called my friend and he have it," Leewon lied.

"you seem nervous"

"I'm always nervous"

The lady chucked  as she drinks her champagne. "I've been sponsoring you for years. You should be use to it by now." She lean in towards him and spoke softly in a seductive tone. "I changed my mind. I no longer want dinner." Leewon's eyes quiver as he watches her takes out a bigger envelope and places it next to a smaller envelope that had already been there on the table. "I'm tired," she said with a smile hinting him for ual pleasure.

A few days later RosePetal begin promoting at Inkigayo. Nari who is with RosePetal see's Moon Subin with the Araya girls. The two friends wave at eachother and walk towards eachother.

"I'm sad that promoting is already ending for RosePetal," said Subin.

"That's true. Our promotions don't overlap often too!" sigh Nari.

"Save my number. Call me often so we can hang out," suggested Subin.

"I don't have a phone yet. My company don't allow my members to have phones."

"Just keep my number. Call me when you get a phone then. I'll be waiting." She hands Nari her number. "Byeee!" wave Subin as she leave to catch up with her members.

(Time Skip)

RosePetal's promotion ended. It's been awhile since Outbreak have had any comeback. The agency was struggling to financially support Outbreak. The members are nervous everyday unsure when they are going to disband. Jinsoo enter CEO Hwang's office. Without saying a word, Jinsoo hand his notebook over to CEO Hwang. He takes the notebook and look over it flipping through the pages. "If you can't write good music what makes you think Outbreak can survive in this tough industry?" ask CEO Hwang. Jinsoo kept his head down without answers. "I'm thinking about disbanding Outbreak." Jinsoo look up with watery eyes. His eyes glisten with lost hope. "Do you want to know why I made you the leader? It wasn't because you are the oldest. It was because you're talented. But where did the talent go? After you debuted you became an empty shell."

"Sorry," apologize Jinsoo.
Ceo Hwang throws the notebook down after being unsatisfied with the lyrics Jinsoo had written. The pages accidentally flip to the last page after being thrown down. Ceo Hwang takes a deep sigh in frustration as he is facing a financial crisis. "I will terminate Outbreak's contracts tomorrow. Tell the boys to pack up tonight," said Ceo Hwang. Jinsoo leaves the office with his head down. Once he reaches the hallway he burst into tears. He quietly cries to himself. After crying and regaining his composure Jinsoo head back towards the dance room. The other members are waiting with even the smallest glimpse of hope. They rush over to Jinsoo.

"Pack up guys. Our contract will be terminated tomorrow."

The room is filled with silence, then Minhyun the maknae burst into tears. Following Minhyun was Insoo, and then Jaewon. Manager Lee walk over to comfort the boys in tears. Jinsoo look away feeling ashame to face s since he felt he was not a good enough leader.

The next day the Outbreak boys went to meet Ceo Hwang to terminate their contract.

"I'm giving Outbreak another chance," said Ceo hwang taking back the words he said yesterday. "I read the lyrics you had written down on the last page. It's really good." The Outbreak members look at one another in disbelief. Ceo Hwang hands the notebook over to Jinsoo to see. The lyrics written on the last page is the lyrics he wrote 8 months ago about Song Nari after going on their date. The thought of releasing this song never cross his mind. "Let's start preparing for this comeback. It's one in a million but I hope we succeed boys. I feel hopeful," said Ceo Hwang with a smile. 

(Time Skip)

A month later Outbreak is finally having their long awaited comeback. On a December morning, Jinsoo is still alseep when his cell phone began ringing. He picks up the call and it was Manager Lee. "Check the internet!' insisted Manager Lee.

"Why?" yawn Jinsoo.

"Wake the other members up and check the internet right now!"

Jinsoo hangs up the phone and pull the covers over his heaad. Manager Lee must've call Jaewon as he and Insoo who are roomates rushes into Jinsoo and Minhyun's room.

"Hyung and Minhyun!" call an excited Insoo.

"Check the internet!" shout Jaewon. "What is it?" ask Minhyun who is still half asleep.

"Wake up!" Kim Jaewon shout again.

"Let me sleep" said Minhyun

"The music video was release and...." before Insoo could finish Jinsoo cuts in.

"Yes. It was release yesterday.. and?" ask a tired Jinsoo.

Jaewon blurt out in excitement, "There's 2 million view. The views keep going up."

Jinsoo rushes out of bed in disbelief, "What?"

The members sit infront of the laptop in disbelief. It is the first time they have reach over a million views; however, they never expected their music video to be view over a million times in less than 24 hours. Not just that but the views kept going up. They are now close to reaching 3 million views. Outbreak browse through the web and read through articles and comments.

Comment 1: Who are they?

Comment 2: They're really good

Comment 3: Whoa, you guys did it. I've been your fan since debut. Your fan forever Oh Somi.

Comment 4: I'm a new fan. What's the name of their fandom? Can I join?

Comment 5: I think I broke the replay buttom. I've been listening to this song all night.

Comment 6: Definitely a masterpiece.

The boys quickly browse through the web

Kpop Headline:

"Who is Outbreak?"

"Monster Rookie at #1"

"Get to know the Outbreak Members"

"Biggest Hit of the Year"

The boys are overwhelm with disbelief. They haven't even started promoting on music shows yet. Their company is recieving calls from endorsement deals, and appearance on TV shows.

Nari wakes up from loud music being play throughout the apartment. She get up from bed and see's that Ara had already gotten up. She stretches her arms out, and gets out of bed. She head out towards the living room and see's the rest of her members singing along to a song. Still half asleep she rubs her eyes. "Why is the music playing so loud?" she ask letting out a yawn.

"It's our new jam," said Chaerim jamming along to the song.

"What song is this?" Nari ask

"It's Outbreak's new song," said Sohee singing along the lyrics.

"I knew they would make it big oneday," said Nami as she dances to the song while making omurice for the members.

"I can listen to this all day," said Ara.

Nari yawn tiredly and she walk into the bathroom. She begin bushing her teeth. While brushing her teeth she notice the lyrics of Outbreak's new song talks about experiences that happened only between her and Jung Jinsoo. "Is this song about me?" she ask in utter shock.