Slap Me

The Flower in the Dark

"Song Nari," said Jinsoo

"Huh"

"Let's go out?"

"Ye...Yes"

Suddenly she is taken back as to why she said yes. "Excuse me," said Nari while pushing her way through to get past him. Nari run into the women restroom. She turns on the sink and splashes water into her face to get a glimpse of reality. Nari is freaking out. "What just happened? What was I thinking?"

She slap herself as she tries to maintain her composure before heading out. Nari is still feeling anxious. She takes a deep breath and is about to grab the door knob. She then loses her cool again. "No...No... I can do this," said Nari trying to overcome the situation. Just then enters Ara.

"Ara!!!" shouted Nari in relief. "Slap me!"

"What?" Ara asked in surprise.

"Slap me," insisted Nari.

"Sl..slap you?" stutter Ara.

"If I ever did anything that made you angry then today is your day. "

"You've never done anything that made me angry."

"Just do it!" she demanded.

A nervous Ara then slap Nari lightly.

"Harder!"

"Unnie.... I'm sorry," said a scare Ara and slap Nari really hard across the face.

"Owwww!"

The slap hurted and sting Nari's face. She was quite angry since it was so painful. However, since Ara is the one who slapped her then it was okay. She try to reassure Ara that she isn't mad.

"It's okay Ara. You did great."  Nari takes a deep breath.

Nari walks out the restroom with confidence. To her surprise Outbreak is no longer in the restuarant.

"Where did Outbreak go?" ask Nari in disappointment

"They had to leave early." said Nami.

Nari sigh in relief.

On the way home, the Outbreaks members are asleep besides Jinsoo. He is starring out the window of the van. He pulls the bracelet out of his pocket and clinch onto it tightly in his palm. Jinsoo smile lightly to himself.

Nari lay in bed thinking of what had just happened earlier that night. Nari can still remember everything clearly in her head. Even the smallest detail. "Why did I say yes?" Nari ask herself. Ara who is her roommate is lying beside her unable to sleep. She had thought Nari said something to her. "Did you ask me something?"

"No," said Nari. However, she still couldn't believe it to be real. "Sit up," commanded Nari. 

Ara sits up following her order.

"Ara... Can you slap me again?" ask Nari

Ara's eyes widen in surprise with hesitation. "I don't want to."

"Slap me again. I need to make sure this isn't a dream."

"Unnie stop it. You're really weird."

"Just once more. I need to confirm if this is reality."

Nari grab Ara by the arm as she resisted. "I don't want to slap you, and this isn't in a dream. It's reality!"

After awhile Ara comes walking into Sohee, Nami, and Chaerim's room. She gets in bed with Sohee who have a small twin size bed.

"Unnie, let me sleep here tonight?"

"Why?"

"Nari is being weird again."

Sohee yawn tiredly as she brushes her fingers through Ara's hair. "Nari's always weird," said Sohee as the girls went to sleep.

(Time Skip)

A new year have come. It is now January. RosePetal is practicing choreography for their next comeback. During break they sit together to watch one of the drama that is currently a big hit in Korea. The drama stared Choi Sonya as the protagonist, Shin Leewon as the male lead, and Kang Yebin as her rival. This was Kang Yebin's first drama. There is a scene where Leewon coolly expresses his love to Sonya as they embrace under cherry blossom trees. The members except for Nari squeeled in excitement as their heart flutter now that the main characters are aware of eachother's feelings. Nami expresses with excitement, "Wow, Shin Leewon's character is so cool."

"And he's handsome," said Chaerim as she fangirl over him. "I don't like him personally so I guess I can't get into his characters," said Nari. Ara laugh at Nari and share in disbelief, "What are you talking about Unnie? You used to fangirl over him with us too!"

Nari strug her shoulders. "He's just so and so."

"I heard he's even better looking in person," said Sohee.

"I think he looks like a player," said Nari as she know about his unfaithfulness. The girls laugh at Nari's negative views on Shin Leewon thinking it was just one of Nari's bad joke and continue to fangirl over him while also talking about the drama.

On the set of shooting the drama, there is a scene where Sonya's character misunderstand Leewon after seeing him embrace Yebin in his arm. The crew is filming the scene where Sonya is crying.

"I thought you love me?" cried Sonya.

"It's a misunderstanding," said Leewon.

"Then why are you with her?" She point towards Kang Yebin.

"That's because he still loves me. I will always be his first love." said Yebin.

Sonya pushes Yebin and she slap's Sonya's character.

"CUT!" yell the director. As soon as the camera's stop rolling Sonya suddenly slap Yebin's face.

"Ya!!! Next time if you're going to slap me do it properly. How dare you hit me so hard? Do you want to die?" yell Sonya.

The director and everyone on set is taken by surprise. The production team runs over to Sonya to calm her down. In embarrassment Yebin kept her head down and began crying silently. "Sonya, please calm down. I'm sure Yebin didn't mean to hit you so hard," said the producer. "The director asked Yebin to make it realistic. Why are you mad at her?" question a frustrated Leewon. Sonya glare at Leewon and walks off set. "Ya! Kang Yebin go apologize to Choi Sonya," the producer insist. Kang Yebin who is clearly upset from the mistreatment walks off set in tears. "Why should she apologize? Because Sonya's the bigger star?" argue Leewon who is infuriated about the entire situation.

Sonya is in her dressing room sipping on coffee and reading fashion magazines. Kang Yebin enter Sonya's room with her head still down. Sonya roll her eyes in annoyance with just the sight of her. "What do you want from me?" ask Sonya.

"I came to say sorry."

"Ya.. I know you dont want to apologize. Just don't do it," said Sonya in a demeaning tone.

"You're right. I'm not sorry. Especially to people like you. Just because you're famous you think you're above others. You think you can get away with treating people like trash. I'm going to bring you down. I will become a bigger star, and I will make you feel my sufferings. I will take everything you have away from you." Yebin storms out of Sonya's room.

Sonya burst into laughter feeling unthreatened. "I am the nation's goddess. Who is she to threaten me? I will see you try to bring me down."

(Time Skip)

 A month have past and the drama ended with high viewer ratings. Yebin's popularity skyrocketed into stardom as she is consider the number one idol turn actress with superb acting. She amaze both viewers and critics for her realistic acting. The character she protrayed in the drama was hated, pity, and loved by the public. Kang Yebin's acting outshine both Sonya and Shin Leewon who are the leads. She is even compare to top A-List veteren actors and actresses.

RosePetal finally have their long awaited comeback. Coincidentally Outbreak is also having a comeback; however again, Outbreak's promotion was again ending. Nari is especially nervous since she isn't sure how she would react if she had run into Jung Jinsoo. Nari peak backstage and watches Outbreak's rehearsal. Her eyes follow Jinsoo's every move. Nari felt brazen. She was going to stand her ground and face him. As Outbreak head towards the stair to exit the stage, Nari suddenly lost all confidence. She run towards one of the props and hides behind it. Outbreak passes by her. Feeling upset about her confidence and situation Nari decides to go back to the waiting room. "Will I have to live like this forever? In hiding?" she ask herself in frustration. To her surprise Outbreak have not yet gone back to their room after rehearsal and is standing in  the hallway just ahead of her. They are still busy chatting with one another. To avoid them before they see her she turns around the opposite direction to go back the way she came from. To her dismay, Jinsoo is coming from that direction headed towards her. Trapped in the middle between Jinsoo and the Outbreak members she see's a black garbage bag sitting in the hall. She quickly pull everything else out of the plastic bag. She pull the bag over her body disguising herself. The other members see's Jinsoo and approaches him. Nari happen to be right where Jinsoo stopped for the members to meet up.

"Jinsoo, did you find it?" ask Jaewon.

"I found my notebook."

"Thank goodness," Insoo sigh in relief.

Nari suddenly tip over. "Darn it," mutter Nari.

"What's that?" asked a startle Minhyun.

"Did hear that?" ask Insoo alarming the others.

"It was definitely a woman's voice," said Jaewon

They turn towards the garbage bag.

"What if it's a sasaeng fan?" ask Minhyun

"Let's check it out," insist Jinsoo.

Before the guys can check the bag Nari startle them as she stood up before they can reveal her. "Ahhh," scream the boys in shock. Nari runs off with the bag over her head hiding her identity. Jinsoo notice her shoes. Her tennis shoe looks unique. Doodles were drawn on the fabric of the shoe with a sharpie. After escaping from Outbreak, Nari takes off the bag. She was short of breath and panting.

It was time to announce the winners. RosePetal and Outbreak is standing in the back on opposite ends. Nari is looking at Jinsoo and wonder what their relationship was. She takes a deep sigh and look down towards her shoes. Suddenly she feel a hand gently clasp into hers. She looks up and see's Jinsoo standing beside her. The winner is announce and the confetti is release from the machines falling from above. Her heart beat quicken as he interlock their fingers together. Everything felt like it was happening in slow motion. Just as idols begin scattering around to get off stage Jinsoo quickly let go of her hand before anyone noticed, and walks away disappearing into the crowd. Nari feel something strange in her hand. She looks down and see that he had left her a note.

She open the letter and inside the note, he ask to meet her on Music bank's rooftop 3 days from now.

On the way home, the RosePetal members have fallen deep alseep in the van. Ara who haven't fully fallen asleep see's Manager Kim who is driving glaze at Sohee who is asleep on the passenger seat lovingly. He grabs Sohee's hand and grasp onto it tightly. Ara gasp in shock realizing that Manager Kim is inlove with Yoon Sohee.

During breakfast the next day Ara kept looking over towards Sohee who is busy eating. "Unnie," she called.

Everyone stop and looks at her. "Never mind," said Ara as she decided not to say anything about Manager Kim. Chaerim begin sharing news about her good friend Kang Yebin. They had become close eversince filming the game show. "I heard Yebin got another role. This time she's the female lead."

"She's so lucky. She only filmed one drama and is already getting offers to take lead roles," sigh Nami. "She deserves it. She work hard," said Nari. Sohee then suggested that Ara or Chaerim should get into acting."Chaerim and Ara should get into acting. I think you two will do well in that field."

"Really?" exclaim Chaerim in excitement.

"I'm too shy," said Ara.

Promotion for Music Back finally came. Like what Jinsoo asked in the note, Nari stood on the rooftop waiting for him. She is still dress in casual clothing since RosePetal is still settling in their room. Nari couldn't stop fidgeting as she was feeling impatient. She waited nervously for him. After waiting 10-15 minutes, Jinsoo finally made it. "Sorry I was running late," he apologize.

Nari tried to remain calm. She hesitated for a bit and then proceeded. "Why...Why do you want to meet me?"

"If we're dating shouldn't we meet?"

Nari choke by surprise with his honesty.

"Are you okay?" he ask worryingly.

Nari try keeping her cool and composure. "Ya! I don't have time to date."

"You're the one who said yes."

"That's because you ask me out," she argue. Nari chuckle in disbelief and continue, "Plus. You probably don't have any feelings for me. We were drinking that day. It was a mistake."

"I wasn't drinking," said Jinsoo.

Taken back Nari is at lost for words. Jinsoo takes a step forward while a fluster Nari took a step back. She bump against the wall. "Why?" she ask with uncertainty on why he would date her.

He lean in on her. Nari shut her eyes tightly thinking he was in for a kiss. She was nervous and unsure of what to do. She had never kiss anyone before.

"Are you an alien?" he whispered into her ear. He starts chuckling as he teasingly pull away.

She open her eyes in disappointment and pushes him. "What?"

"Ya!" she shouted at him feeling humiliated.

Suddenly they can hear Chaerim calling Nari. She grab Jinsoo by the arm and pushes him down between some objects.

"Hide here. I told them to come get me."

"Why would you tell someone your secret dating spot? he question her.

"Shhhhhh, " she silence him as Chaerim enter the rooftop.

"It's time for you to get your make up done," said Chaerim.

"Okay," said Nari as she run towards Chaerim leaving Jinsoo alone on the rooftop. He scoff in disbelief after being left alone. "Did she just diss me?" he asked himself in astonishment. After RosePetal's performance, the girls are heading back to their room. Outbreak passes by the girls in the hall. Nari who is in the back was  caught in a moment with Jinsoo as they look into eachother's eyes. Jinsoo stop as she passes him. "Song Nari," he call her infront of everyone. Everyone watch cluelessly. "You dropped this," said Jinsoo and gives her back the bracelet along with a note. After giving her the items the two groups went separate ways.

In the car Nari open the note. Jinsoo asked for her to meet him again on March 28th along with the direction. Before Ara could take a peek, Nari quickly crumble the note. "Unnie, he left you a note? What did it say?"

"It's nothing."

"Do he like you?" joke Chaerim.

"It's not like that," she denied.

"Then what was in that note? ask a curious  Nami.

"He just owe me money. That's all."

The members look at eachother taken back. "He borrowed money from you?" ask Chaerim.

Nari look away staring out the window. "Yes," she lied with a sigh.

(Time Skip)

In RosePetal's dorm the girls are watching the the drama awards. Kang Yebin is one of the nominee's for Best New Actress. She won the award for her outstanding performance as Sonya's rival. "She deserve the win," agree Chaerim.

"I also heard from Min Yoona that Everest will be making a comeback soon," said Sohee.

"Honestly it's been a while since we've seen Everest. I think it'll be a new feeling when meeting them again at music shows now that they're an establish group." said Nami with a sigh.

As Yebin is announce for winning Best New Actress the Everest members shouted from their dorm in joy while cheering for her through the TV screen. "Woohoo! Go Kang Yebin," shouted an excited and hype Min Yoona.

"Shhhhh, let's hear her speech," suggested Hyeri as everyone quiet down to listen to Yebin award speech.

"Thank you all... To my family, my members, my CEO, my agency, the directors, the production team, my cast members, and.." She pauses for a moment as she looks over to Sonya in tears. "And thank you to Choi Sonya who motivated me to want to even do better. You've given me so much strength. I can not thank you enough. Thank you all."

Sonya who is sitting in the crowd scoff in disbelief. "Who does she think she is?" ask Sonya as she crosses her ams. As Yebin is applauded she walk down the stage with the award in her hand, and head over to Sonya giving her a big hug. There was many camera's and people around. Sonya know Yebin have some intentions behind this fake smile and friendship she is presenting to the world. All Sonya could do is fake a smile while the camera was on them. She whisper into Yebin's ear in frustration. "Yaa!! What do you think you're doing? Get off me."

Yebin pull away with a smirk on her face. "Thank you for everything. You are such an amazing friend," said Yebin sarcastically. 

March arrived, and closer came the 28th. Nari had saved the date even though she had no intentions of showing up. She just couldn't understand her actions. She became more nervous as that day approaches. Although she kept busy with dance practice, vocal training, and exercise; Nari still couldn't help herself from turning a blind eye on it. On the morning of March 28, the girls is having breakfast. Nari starts doubting herself. She was sure that she isn't going. "Maybe I should go?" she ask herself. "Should I not? What if he is waiting?" she would wonder again.

Sohee notice Nari spacing out during breakfast. "Song Nari, what is wrong? Are you not feeling good?"

"No...I don't know." sigh Nari. "What if he's waiting for me?" she continue to question herself in her head. The rest of the members look at eachother and back towards her. "Unnie, if you're not feeling good. Don't come to dance practice today," said a worried Nami.

"I am fine," insist Nari. She takes another frustrating sigh. The members can clearly see she is feeling bothered.

"Ya, Song Nari why are you so space out today? I've never seen you like this before," said Chaerim.

"Let's go to practice," insisted Nari as she tries to clear her mind off from worrying about Jinsoo.

"Right now?" ask Ara who is still eating breakfast.

Without a word Nari gets up and leave the dorm in a hurry.

"Ya," call Chaerim. "She didn't even eat her breakfast."

"Don't worry girls. We'll meet up with her at the company anyway," said Sohee.

"Song Nari unnie is strange. She even keep looking at her calender as if there's supposed to be a schedule in March. But we don't have anything schedule for this month and for the next 3 months," said Ara.

"How do you know she keeps looking at her calender?" ask Nami.

"Ofcourse I would know since I sleep with her in the same room. You know I have a hard time sleeping because of unnie. She always do things loudly. Lately she would look at her calender and sigh. I've seen it a couple of times. She was even doing that last night," said Ara.

When the members arrive to the company's dance studio, Nari was already dancing. Her body is cover in sweat. Without a word the members join. However, even during break hours Nari continue dancing religiously. "Let's take a break," insist Yoon Sohee. "You ladies go ahead. I will stay behind to practice," said Nari.

"Ya, you've been practicing non-stop today. Is something bothering you?" ask a cocern Chaerim.

"No, I just want to improve."

Sohee nods her head and gives in. "If Nari say she want to stay and practice then that's fine. Let's go ladies."

The rest follow Sohee out the studio to the lockers. Nari falls onto the floor as she stare up to the ceiling. After break was over the members return to practice. The sun is starting to set and the day was getting dark. Nari look at the clock and it was already 6 PM. To clear her head she continue practicing again. After a while she realizes it is now 8 PM. 'What if he's really waiting?" thought Nari. "No, he's just messing with me," said Nari while shaking her head. She then look up at the time again. Something just didn't feel right.

"I'm going home first. I'm not feeling too good," Nari excuses herself and runs out the door with worried thoughts.

Nari arrive to the location. She see's Jung Jinsoo sitting at the bus stop as he had been waiting all day for her. He is dressed all black. He had on a black beenie, with a black hoodie, over his back hoodie he wore a black leather jacket, black jeans, and black shoes. "Jung Jinsoo!" she call him.

He turn his head around and see's her. He stand up and march towards her. Nari take a few steps back thinking he is angry. Jinsoo reaches his arms out and hug her. "You came," he said sounding relieve. Again, Nari can feel her thumping. "It's this feeling again? Do I like him?" Nari ask herself.