Behind the Hidden Lies

The Flower in the Dark

Nari is brushing her teeth in the bathroom when she realize Outbreak's new song is about her. "Is this song about me?" she ask in utter shock. The lyrics was sweet. Nari blushes to herself as she listen to the song. Suddenly something hit her. Outbreaks Promotion will overlap with RosePetals. She runs out towards the kitchen where the tablet that all the members share is charging. She takes it and run into her room away from her members. She search up Outbreak's schedule. "They overlap," gasp Nari after confirming their schedule. RosePetal will start promoting on Outbreak's last week of promotion.  She shake her head feeling nervous towards Jinsoo. "So what if he wrote a song about me. Are we even dating?," she wonder. It's already December and the last time they saw eachother was in March. It's been so long and Nari isn't sure if he still feel the same way. She don't even know where she stand in the relationship. Nari bite onto her fingernails feeling nervous.

Outbreak soon starts promoting their comeback on music shows. They are even nominated for their first win going up against Everest who recently also have a comeback. Outbreak is announce the winners beating out Everest, and taking on their first win. The members shed tears on stage with joy and in disbelief. RosePetal have been practicing and staying up late for their upcoming comeback. After long hours of practice, Nari lay in bed with Ara asleep beside her. Nari turn on the tablet, and plug the earphones into her ears. She watch Outbreak takes their first win.

Jinsoo's speech: I want to thank our fans, Ceo Hwang, our manager Lee, everyone at our agency, and our parents. You guys are the ones who believe in us. Thank you.

Nari take a deep breath as she turns off the tablet. "It's been 8 months. What are we?" she ask herself.

Weeks went by as Outbreak's took home 12 trophies. Outbreaks last week of promotion came. As the RosePetal members enter the broadcasting station,  Nari can feel her nervousness.

The RosePetal members happen to meet Min Yoona and Lee Hyeri of Everest in the hallway. They stop to catch up with one another. Jinsoo who is wondering down the hall coincidentally see's them in a distant. He see's Song Nari standing off to the side playing with her feet while she wait on her members who is catching up with Everest.  Jinsoo takes a deep breath. He isn't sure how to approach her or if he should just turn the other way. However, he have high hope of meeting her. That was why he is wondering around near the girls waiting room. He take another deep breath after he decided to bravely approach her. Suddenly someone tap him from behind. It was Kang Yebin. Jinsoo greet her with a slight bow. "Hello, what are you doing here near the girls waiting room?" ask Yebin. "Looking for someone?" she ask again in curiousity. Kang Yebin is surprise to see him. Their promotion overlap and they promoted a couple of weeks together; however, she never once seen Jinsoo near the women waiting room.

"No," said Jinsoo.

"Are you looking for me?" she ask with a smile hoping it would be true.

"Excuse me," said Jinsoo as he tries to walk away.

"I really like Outbreak's new song," she said before he can leave.

"Yes," he nod his head lightly.

"Kang Yebin," shout Min Yoona from where RosePetal and Everest was standing. The rest of Everest and RosePetal looks over seeing them standing alongside eachother.

"I'll see you later," said Kang Yebin with a smile as she run towards the girls. Once she reach the girls, the Everest left first leaving RosePetal.

"I didn't know they know eachother," said Ara.

"Maybe he like Kang Yebin," said Nami.

Jinsoo see's Nari staring at his direction. He makes his way toward RosePetal.

"Oh, why is coming over here?" ask Chaerim.

"Song Nari," call Jinsoo.

"Uhhh, h..hi" stutter Nari.

"I want to talk to you," said Jinsoo.

Nari turn towards the girls, "I'll be back. He owes me money," lie Nari. Jinsoo scoff in disbelief. "What?" he ask.

"Okay," said a Yoon Sohee as she watch the two leave together suspiciously.

They enter the emergency staircase.

"Ya, what's that about? You make it so suspicious," said Nari.

Embarrass of what she just said, Nari bit her bottom lip. She isn't even sure if they are dating. She tries to take back her words while stuttering along the lines, "I.. I.. mean we are probably not that serious after all.. it's been 8 months since we've seen eachother."

"Why do you speak as if we've broken up?"

Taken by surprise her heart flutter again for the first time in 8 months. She hesitated for a second as she clear trying to find the right words to say.

"To clarify it.. I don't know what we are. It's understandble if our feeling change.. It's been 8 months. Besides, we've never even got that far."

Jinsoo smile lightly towards her giving her the sweetest stare as he places his hand over her head and her hair gently. 

"Wh.. what are you doing?" she ask feeling fluster.

"Carry on. I'm listening," said Jinsoo.

Nari's heart flutter again for the second time.

"There's no way you like me. We've never once properly confess our feelings to eachother."

"I like you."

"Huh"

Her eyes widen in shock as she isn't expecting to hear a confession.

"Ya, it's been 8 months," she said in denial.

"Still... Til now I like you," Jinsoo confess again in a serious tone.

"I found you interesting because I like you. I ask you out because I like you. Eight months may have past by but I still like you. Don't you feel the same way?" he ask.

"Yes... I like you too!" she confess while trying to avoid his eyes. Jinsoo's heart was beating like crazy. Jinsoo clears his throat as he is also taken by surprise from her confession.

"Now it's confirm. That we like eachother," said Jinsoo.

Suddenly Ara opens the door, and Nari pushes Jinsoo.

"Ya," shout Nari. "You borrowed 5 dollars and you can't even pay me back?"

Jinsoo again is taken back by her sudden lies. However, he went along with it. "I said I'll pay you back when I can."

"Unnie," call Ara

"Let's go Ara," said Nari. She take Ara with her leaving the staircase.

Yoon Sohee is coming back from the women restroom when she bump into a male idol in the hallway.

"Sorry," she apologize. The younger male idol smile towards her with reassurance. "Excuse me," said the male idol.

"yes?"

"I am Na Joowon, leader of F.I.V.E. Aren't you Yoon Sohee?"

"Ah, yes I am."

"I think you're really pretty."

Manager Kim who is walking toward Sohee see's her standing in the hallway conversing with a male idol. He was going to approach them but suddenly stop himself when he accidentally over hear their conversation.

"I'm interested in you. Can we get to know eachother?"

"No. I don't think so. My company have a dating ban."

"Then let's be friends," insist Na Joowon.

Suddenly Manager Kim comes by and rescue her from the guy.

"Let's go Yoon Sohee. You still need to get your hair done," said manager Kim as he grab her hand and takes her away. Once Sohee and Manager Kim was far enough from the idol, Sohee pull her hand away from Manager Kim's clasp.

"Thank you manager Kim"

"If you meet him again and you don't like him, just walk away"

"Kim Dojin(Manager Kim's full name.), I'm fine. Thank you," she expresses her gratitude towards him and walk away. He silently watches her from her back as she enters the girls waiting room. Song Nari and Jang Ara who was coming back see's Manager Kim looking distraught. "Manager Kim," call a worried Nari. He quickly let out a smile pretending to be fine, "Oh.. There you ladies are. Let's get going." He walks off first. Although Nari and Ara can tell he was clearly upset they didn't say anything and just headed back to the dressing room after manager Kim.

Two days later Outbreak make their first appearance on Weekly Idol. "Introduce yourself. You guys are one of the hottest group right now," said Hyungdon. Outbreak awkwardly introduce themselves. "We are outbreak!'

"I am Jung Jinsoo, Outbreak's leader."

"Oh my Jung Brother," joke Hyungdon who's surname is also Jung. The members laugh awkwardly. "Ah, nice to meet you brother," laugh Jinsoo.

"I am Outbreak's Kim Jaewon"

"Hello, I am Han Insoo."

"Hi, my name is Jeon Minhyun and I am the maknae"

"Your song is a hit. Do you guys write from experience?" ask Defcon.

Jinsoo answer with hesitation, "ye..yes."

"Jinsoo, are you inlove?" tease Hyungdon in reference to Outbreak's new hit song. The members burst out into laughter while Jinsoo is taken back.

"No," he denied.

"Eyyyy, you said you write from experience," chime in Defcon.

"Jinsoo," call out Hyungdon.

"Yes?'

"Do you have a girlfriend?"

Again everyone burst into laughters.

"No," Jinsoo denied again with a smile while shakng his head.

"Do any of you guys have a girlfriend?" ask Hyungdon teasingly.

"We don't have time to date," said Insoo.

"But the song is about falling in love. Is there anyone who is you're ideal type?" hyungdon again ask teasingly.

"Uhmmm, no!" chuckle Jaewon. "That can't be true," said Defcon. in disbelief

"Everest came by a while back. Kang Yebin named Jung Jinsoo as her ideal type. It was the first time I heard someone mention Outbreak. She's a big fan of you guys," said Hyungdon.

"Yes we heard," admitted Minhyun.

"We're very thankful to her," said Insoo.

"You're her ideal type. Do you have anything you want to say to her Jung Jinsoo?" ask Defcon.

"Ah... Uhm. Thank you," he shyly express his gratitude.

Not hearing what the MC's wanted to hear they continue to pick on Jinsoo. "Don't you have an ideal type?" ask Hyungdon who try pressuring Jinsoo into a love confession teasingly. "No," Jinsoo deny again.

"Jaewon do you have an ideal type?" Hyungdon., ask

"Yoo Chaerim of RosePetal is my ideal type," confess Jaewon.

Hyungdon and Defcon both turns back toward Jinsoo. "You have one don't you?" ask Defcon. Jinsoo again shakes his head.

"Okay, then I'll pick the two hottest idols right now. Choi Sonya or Kang Yebin?," Hyungdon ask.

"Uhmmmm..." thought Jinsoo.

"Why are you so frustrating?" tease Defcon as everyone laugh.

"What about you two? Minhyun and Insoo," ask Hyungdon.

"Choi Sonya," the two reply bringing laughter on set.

"I thought you guy are thankful towards Kang Yebin for being a fan?" ask Hyungdon while trying to catch his breath from laughing.

"We like them both. But I'm sorry Kang Yebin. I like Choi Sonya more," answer Jeon Minhyun with the biggest eye smile as he and Insoo bow to her apologetically. The MC's turn over to Jinsoo waiting for his pick. "Uhhh...Then I will pick Kang Yebin," he answer. Everyone again was brought into laughter at his awkward answer.

"Ya, you can't pick her because you felt sorry," laugh Defcon.

"I mean it. If I have to pick between Kang Yebin or Choi Sonya then I choose Kang Yebin," he clarify.

Two days later Outbreak and Everest is ending their promotion at Music Core. The girl groups share one big dressing room together. While RosePetal sit by the vanity getting their makeup done, F.I.V.E manager enters the ladies room and hand a letter to Manager Kim. The letter is from Na Joowon. This catches the attention of the other RosePetal members as they listen to the conversation attentively.

"Can you please hand this letter over to Yoon Sohee? It is from Na Joowon." The manager hands Manager Kim the letter. The rest of RosePetal turns over and look over towards Yoon Sohee.

"Unnie, it looks like you have a secret admirer," whisper Chaerim.

"Daebak! Na Joowon? He doesn't look like the type to find interest in other people. I'm shock," gasp Nami.

Sohee clears as she explain, "I happened to meet him the other day. I'm not interested."

Manager Kim who was hesitant handed Sohee the letter.

"Na Joowon's manager want me to hand this over to you."

Sohee quickly takes the letter and place it aside.

"Can I read it?" ask Chaerim.

"It's whatever."

Chaerim opens the letter as the girls listen to the letter read aloud carefully.

Chaerim: (Reading) This is Na Joowon, leader of F.I.V.E! I have only watched you from afar during music shows. But the second I lay my eyes on you that other day, I knew that I can never let you go and that you must be mine. If you don't want to start a relationship then it is okay. Let's meet often and begin a new friendship.

"That's it?" ask Nami feeling disappointed.

"No, he also left unnie his personal phone number," said Chaerim.

The members looks over to Sohee with surprise.

"Daebak," said Ara.

"Wow, you even got his number," said Nami.

'I'm not going to call him," said Sohee while closing her eyes for eye shadow to be apply over her lid.

Suddenly Nari gasp in shock, " Look... It's Choi Sonya."

Sohee quickly open her eyes as everyone stare in amazement. It was like seeing a celebrity for the first time. Especially since Sonya have this mysterious aura around her because no one know much about her personal life. "What is she doing here?" ask Sohee.

As Choi Sonya enter the room, everyone stare in awe. She let out a cocky smirk and walk over towards Everest. Yebin scoff in disbelief seeing Sonya make her way to her. Kang Yebin try to maintain her cool. Especially with so many people around.

Sonya runs over to Kang Yebin and gives her an unexpected hug displaying their fake friendship infront of other idols. "It's your last day of promotion. I came to wish you and the Everest members luck."

As Sonya pull away, Yebin stood speechless and shock.

"Aren't you guys competing against Outbreak?" Sonya purposely ask. "Tell your friend that I said hi."

Sonya walks off. Kang Yebin scoff in disbelief again as she stand in the same spot in silence. Once Sonya was gone from the room everyone went back to doing their own thing. After observing, Kim Nami notice something slightly off between the two.

"Is it me or do it seem like they don't quite like eachother?" ask Nami as she tilt her head sligtly to the side thinking.

'No, they're friends. I hope Kang Yebin introduce Sonya to me oneday," said Chaerim who is close friends with Yebin.

Nami shakes her head, "No.. something was definitely off."

Yebin still stood in the same spot unable to move. "How dare she?" she mutter in frustration. Min Yoona comes by and tap Yebin on her shoulder, "Are you okay?"

"Yes I'm okay."

Outbreak arrive to Music Core late because of their pack schedule. The boys showed up at the broadcasting station already dress in their stage outfit. They quickly get their makeup touch up backstage. While the boys are busy getting ready, Jinsoo felt there was a possibility he will not get the chance to see Nami. While getting his makeup done he realizes that RosePetal is already performing. He quickly take a glance of Nari from backstage. It seem like time have slow down. She moves gracefully in his eyes. However, the moment did not last long when he is interupted  by all the rush that needed to be done backstage.  Choi Sonya is watching Jung Jinsoo from a distant. She looks over and see Everest near by. She catches Yebin staring at Jinsoo nervously. Sonya can tell just by the look in her eyes. "She makes it so obvious," scoff Sonya in regards to Yebin's feelings towards him.

Although Nari did not get the chance to see Jinsoo often, she was able to steal glances at Outbreak while they are announce as the winners. Other idols began to leave the stage while Outbreak is busy performing their title track for the ending stage. As RosePetal enter the crowded backstage, Choi Sonya suddenly grabs Nari by the arm. "Excuse me but can you take a picture of us?"

Nari see's Yebin and Sonya together. "Yes, I can take it for you," she said.

Sonya hand over the phone to Nari. Kang Yebin who didn't say anything can only agree in silence. She stood stiffly next to Choi Sonya. Nari gets in position and takes the picture with Sonya's phone. Sonya violently tug Yebin's shirt forcing her to stand closer. Nari pauses for a second as she question in her head what she have just witness.  Yebin forces a fake smile reassuring Nari that everything was fine. 'Can you take another one?" ask Choi Sonya.

"Yes"

Nari snap another picture. She return the phone to Sonya.

"Thank you," said Sonya.

"No problem."

Nari leaves with her members. Nami take another look over her shoulder towards Yebin and Sonya.

"I swear... Something feel off between them," said a convince Nami.

Nari noticed it too but didn't say anything and kept quiet.

"I think you're over thinking," said Ara.

After performing their titletrack for the ending stage, Outbreak enter backstage. Sonya purposely pushes Yebin into Jinsoo.

"Ahhh," shout Yebin who was unexpected pushed. RosePetal and other idols who are not far enough turn back and look after hearing Kang Yebin scream. Kang yebin was in Jung Jinsoo's arm by the stairs next to the stage. She nervously pull away and apologize in embarrassment.

"I'm so sorry"

"Are you okay?" he ask.

Sonya gasp pretending to be in shock when infact she was the one who pushed her. "You should be careful Kang Yebin."

Jinsoo look up and to his surprise he see's Choi Sonya standing there with a smirk. The other Outbreak members aren't aware of her cruel personality as they stared in awe. However, Jung Jinsoo can tell from that cunning smile on her face.

"She tripped," lied Sonya.

Jinsoo knew she was lying. She must've shoved her. He can just tell. He looks around and see's the Everest members no where near by.

"Are you okay?" ask a concern Jinsoo.

"Yes"

"Where are your members?"

Before Yebin could answer Sonya interrupted.

"The Everest members said they'll come back. They wanted Kang Yebin and I to catch up with one another."

Without acknowledging Sonya he turns around and grab Yebin by the wrist.

"Let's look for your members," he insist.

The clueless Outbreak members quickly greeted Sonya with a slight bow as they past her. Jinsoo along with the Outbreak members guided Kang Yebin away from Sonya. RosePetal who is standing ahead was watching everything. "I'm telling you, I think Kang Yebin and Jung Jinsoo like eachother," said Nami. Chaerim gasp in shock, "Ya, they're coming this way."

As Jinsoo along with the Outbreak members and Yebin walk towards RosePetal, he was fluster to see Nari. Jinsoo wasn't expecting to see her. His eyes widen in surprise and he quickly let go of Kang Yebin's wrist while still able to maintain his composure. He continue on pretending not to see Nari and walk right past her without a word. Nari felt jealous. She watches him past her like they were strangers with a woman by his side. She look around her surrounding and see's other idols who are present whispering about Jinsoo and Yebin's relationship.

"Are they a thing?" ask an idol.

"I think so. They're cute together," said another.

"I think there's definitely something fishy between them," Nami said to her members with confidence.

Yebin's eyes are fixated on Jinsoo's back as she walks behind him. He was always her saviour. She felt touched. Yebin let out a soft girlish giggle as she bit down her bottom lip. Han Insoo spot the Everest members drinking coffee in the starbucks inside Music Core.

"I see them," Insoo point out to Everest.

Outbreak approaches the members in the shop.

"Kang Yebin, you're back," gasp Sooyoung.

"We're just returning her to you," said Jaewon.

The Outbreak members quickly said bye and they left. Yebin sat down beside Min Yoona. She couldn't stop staring at Jung Jinsoo even as he is leaving. Even when Outbreak was gone from her sight, all she could think about was Jung Jinsoo.

"Why were you with them?" ask Min Yoona.

"Huh?"

"Unnie, what are you thinking about? You're completely spaced out," wonder Hyeri.

"What?" ask Yebin who is still in her bubble.

"Ya, she's completely lost her mind," said Yoona.

RosePetal is getting their things pack to leave Music Core. Nari sit by the vanity in silence. She felt empty. All she can recall was Jinsoo walking off with Kang Yebin. She remember him coldly walking past her. He didn't even look at her once. Nari takes a deep sigh. "What is this?," she mutter soflty. She takes another deep sigh.

"Unnie, why aren't you helping us pack? Is something bothering you? Sohee and manager Kim isn't here too. It's just me, Kim Nami, and our staff doing the work." ask Ara.

Nari shakes her head. "Ara, I need to fart."

"What?" ask a surprise Ara. "Unnie, don't do it here."

"Do you want to go to the toilet with me?" ask Nari.

"Ewww, no!"

Nari laugh teasingly at Ara.

"Ya, I'm just joking. I'll help," she said pretending to be fine.

(Time Skip)

A week later Nari meet up with Moon Subin at a cafe on a weekend. The two close friends is meeting eachother outside of work for the first time to catch up. People in the cafe including fans are left starstruck because of Moon Subin's public appearance. Fans crowded the shop as they snap pictures of the two drinking coffee on the same table across from eachother. Fans begin posting pictures on SNS.

Post from fans:

"Omg, it's Moon Subin from Araya and Song Nari from RosePetal. I didn't know that they're friends."

"It's Moon Subin with her friend. I think her friend is also an idol. What group is she from?"

Moon Subin is indeed the goddess of all idols. A true goddess she is."

"Wow, they're both so pretty."

"Daebak, they're at GIMPO'S CAFE!"

"I was ordering my americano and guess who just came in. Moon Subin and her friend."

As people continue sharing the pictures on SNS, more and more fans begin to arrive crowding the store. Nari and Subin who is busy chatting soon realize that they are surrounded by fans watching them like hawks. Nari look around nervously since she is not use to the attention and nervously sip on her coffee.

"It's so crowded."

"It is. You'll get use to it."

Just then a male fan shouted, "Moon Subin you're so pretty."

Nari and Subin look at eachother and giggle at the fans compliment.

"How cute," Nari softly said to Subin.

Back at Outbreak's company Jinsoo is busy writing lyrics for their next comeback. Insoo who is touching SNS on his phone comes across Moon Subin's and Song Nari's picture.

"Whoa, it's Moon Subin. She's at Gimpo's Cafe? Isn't that down the street? We go there all the time," said Insoo.

"So what?" answer Jinsoo who is still busy writing.

"She's with Song Nari? They're friends?"

Jinsoo throws his notebook down. "Let's go!" he insist.

"Are you insane?" ask Jaewon.

"You must like Moon Subin to risk such scandal?" said Minhyun

"I'm going... for coffee!," said Jung Jinsoo.

"Ya, you don't want to get involve in a scandal do you?" ask Jaewon in a worried tone.

"Hyung, should we go too?" ask Insoo.

"Let's go," said Jaewon as the two younger ones follow after Jinsoo and him.

Outbreak enter the cafe and fans went crazy. Fan's couldn't believe it that they're really seeing Outbreak. It is usually a rare scene to see different idols in one place outside of work. Nari gasp in shock after seeing Jinsoo. "Don't look," she instructed Moon Subin and held her head down.

"Ya, that makes people even more suspicious," whisper Subin.

"Really?"

Subin giggle softly, "Yes just act natural like."

Fans begin posting captions online along with the pictures taken:

"Daebak! I must have saved someone from my previous life. Outbreak just enter the cafe."

"I can't believe I'm seeing Outbreak. I know they just recently hit it big but wow!! These guys are handsome. They all have great proportions. How can their face be that small?"

"Omg, Araya, Outbreak, RosePetal all in one cafe!!"

"Outbreak always come to this cafe. Im their fan so I know. But what an awesome day it is. To have Outbreak, Moon Subin, and Song Nari coincidentally all in one place."

The Outbreak members who are walking behind Jinsoo felt nervous.

"Ya, this is risky. I think you've gone crazy," Jaewon whisper and nudges Jinsoo. Minhyun takes a be gulp as they approach closer to the girls, "This is scary. We can all get out names involve in this rumor."

"Shhh, act normal," suggest Insoo.

Nari looks up and accidentally meet eyes with Jung Jinsoo. Their eyes quiver after making eye contact and quickly turn away to avoid eachother. Outbreak walk past Nari and Subin's table, and toward the register to take their orders. After ordering their drinks, the boys turn back around to leave the cafe. Again Jinsoo finds himself walking towards Nari's direction since the door is straight ahead. Moon Subin suddenly gets up and greet the guys with bow. Nari awkwardly follows after her lead. Outbreak greet the girls back with a slight bow. Without saying anything to eachother Outebreak hurriedly left the shop. Nari takes a deep breath in relief once the boys are gone. This incident made it to the media as articles are release known as the "Awkward Run In", and "Coincident Encounter." Fans  have taken their oppinions and shared it on forums.

On Fan Forum:

Fan 1: Do you think any of them are dating?

Fan 2: What if one of the Outbreak member is secretly dating one of the girls? If it is true, then the secret girlfriend is obviously Moon Subin.

Fan 3: I don't think so. The girls and the Outbreak members definitely had an awkward run in. Didn't you see the look on their faces? If they are secretly dating, they wouldn't have greeted eachother in public. Plus, Outbreak always go to Gimpo's Cafe. Their agency is literally across the street."

Fan 4: Even their greetings was awkward. I believe the Outbreak members and the girls don't personally know eachother. That's why they greeted eachother so awkwardly. If they were friends then it wouldn't have been so weird to say hi. If they were secretly dating then I bet you there wouldn't be any greetings at all. That will attract rumors and create a dating scandal. Idols will secretly date and avoid interactions at all cause. That didn't happen here. So no they're not dating.

Fan 1: You think so?

Fan 3: I agree. Outbreak just made it big. I don't think they would want a dating scandal. I'm sure Outbreak isn't dating any of the girls or anybody. Probably just eachother. Lol

Fan 2: Moon Subin is so pretty. The Outbreak boys are like models. How can they all be so good looking?

Fan 3: Song Nari is pretty too!

Fan 4: But Song Nari is from a nugu group. Not many people know her.

Fan 1: I didn't even know her or her group. I had to search them up.

Fan 4: Daebak. Kim Jaewon is y.

Fan 1: Jung Jinsoo is my man.

Fan 1 logs off the forum. She turns around and stare into her Jung Jinsoo shrine. Her name is Oh Somi. She is one of Jung Jinsoo's extreme sasaeng fan.