The Getaway

The Flower in the Dark

Jinsoo lean in and kisses Nari passionately. As if she was under his spell, Nari soon found herself fallen into his deep kiss. The taste of his lip, felt mesmerizing.

There was a lot of reporters covering the story earlier so Na Joowon's manager had guided them through a VIP access. Manager Kim see's Sohee rushes through the door into Joowon's room and into his arms. Manager Kim quickly turn away since his heart was already feeling heavy. He slowly walk away with heavy steps. Everytime he took a step further, Manager Kim knew he would lose her. The decision to end his one-sided love is all he can do for the woman who had been his best friend since childhood. Although he didn't win her love, he couldn't lose their friendship. Manager Kim soon find himself sitting the in van in the VIP parking lot. He sit there distraught. He recall back at the Busan music festival, where he had went looking for her since she's taken off after hearing news of Na Joowon's hospitalization.

"Flash back"

Manager Kim is searching through the halls; however, it's been an hour and more since anyone has seen her. When he is about to give up the search in hopes that she will just return after taking a breather, he suddenly hear soft cries. He follow the crying to a secluded hallway that leads to a deadend. There in the corner filled with boxes sits Yoon Sohee in tears. Unaware that Manager Kim is there, Sohee continue to cry quietly to herself.

Manager Kim knew then he stood no chance against Joowon. He had already won her heart. Manager Kim let a sigh as tears begin to fill up his eyes. Before he knew, his tears started to fall uncontrollably. Manager Kim lean his head against the steering wheel as he cry.

Back in Joowon's hospital room sat Yoon Sohee beside him. She hold onto his hand tightly. "What happen?" she ask.

"I heard that I stopped breathing. I'm unsure of what happened, but I'm happy you're here with me," he said letting out a smile.

"Please take care of your health. Get some rest if you have to," she beg.

He slightly nodded, "I'm sorry if I made you worry."

Sohee's eyes water with her face fill with worries. Joowon sat up on his bed, and let out another smile to reassure her he was fine.

"I'm fine, don't worry."

Yoon Sohee couldn't help but shed tears again after hearing him try to reassure her. Joowon reaches his hand out and wipe her tears. He then lean forward and gives her a forehead kiss. 

After her visit she and Manager Kim is on their way back home.

"Sorry," she apologize to Manager Kim.

"Why?" he ask trying to maintain calm.

"For ending our friendship... That day I cried a lot because.. I cannot lose you... You're my bestfriend... So I feel extremely sorry," she said finally letting her frustration off her chest.

"No, you shouldn't be. I gave you a burden you shouldn't have to worry about," said Manager Kim.

"I feel selfish..." she said with guilt, "However, this is the first time I ever acted this way. The first time someone make me feel a certain way. I feel fluster, my heart flutter, and I want to rebel. But I've always been responsible... I'm always the good one... I always have to be that perfect example. When we are lacking, I am the one who hold all responsibilites, so I feel guilty. I'm sorry to my members, and I'm sorry to you if I seem selfish by putting my needs in before you all. I don't know why I took off during the Busan Festival. I should be responsible as their leader but my heart... hurt when I think of him. I'm very sorry. " she cried venting out her feelings.

Manager Kim who is holding in his tears well, patted her left shoulder with his right hand to comfort her while his left hand is still on the steering wheel.

The RosePetal was up having late snacks when Yoon Sohee finally return.

"Unnie, you're back. Eat some fried chicken with us," said Chaerim.

"Unnie Nari bought it for us, she's seem to be in a very good mood," giggle Ara as she eats the thigh.

Sohee sits down on the floor with the girls to eat.

"Unnie, why are your eyes swollen?" ask Nami.

"Ah... It's because I just woke up," lied Sohee. She realizes Nari isn't with the girls. "Oh, where's Nari? You girls said she bought it. Why isn't she here?"

"Nari is sleeping," said Chaerim.

Sohee gasp in surprise, "Really? But she loves eating."

Jinsoo had just gotten home. The Outbreak members are gather together in the living room playing Overwatch with new friends they made from the Busan Festival.

"Ya, you just got home?" ask Kim Jaewon.

"Hyung, join us," said Insoo.

Jinsoo walks towards the bedroom, "No, it's late. I'm going to bed."

"What? But you love playing overwatch," said a surprise Minhyun.

Jinsoo goes inside the bedroom and shut the door. He let out a smile thinking of Nari. He lies in his bed and takes out his notebook. He begin translating his feelings into lyrics.

Sonya again is throwing a tantrum. Manager Ahn is struggling to keep her calm after finding out that Kang Yebin have stolen one of her CF contract.

"That sly fox!" shouted Sonya as she throws one of the glass vase down in anger.

"Calm down Sonya"

"Why should I? I should've been more aggressive with my confession towards Jung Jinsoo today if I knew this fox was going behind my back stealing my work."

She grabs another object nearby and throws it.

"Sonya!" said a worried Manager Ahn.

"I know I'm just as bad. But I don't play dirty like her," chuckle Sonya in disbelief. "Why is she so dirty? Why?" she ask.

"Calm down Sonya, I'll try to find out why they cancel you as their endorser"

"No! Let her have the CF. But I'm not letting her get away with the next one," Sonya laugh hysterically. Suddenly her door bell rang. She look over to the door and go check. Ji Youngbin is standing infront of the camera. She scoff in disbelief, "What is he doing here?"

She open the door for him. Ji Youngbin enter her apartment and notice broken glasses and objects on the floor.

"What's this?" he ask after seeing a mess.

She quickly avoided his question and with some questions of her own. "Why are you here?"

"I would call you but I no longer have your number so I came."

"It's been a long time," she chuckle.

"I came to tell you to leave my friends alone."
"Are you talking Jung Jinsoo?" she scoff.

"Yes"

"No. I dont want to."

"You..." he said before stopping himself. He takes a deep breath before proceeding, "Ya, this is frustrating for me too. I don't want anything to do with you, and I definitely don't want you to get my friends involve in your games."

Sonya chuckle slightly and sits in her chair.

"I see that you like Song Nari? I believe that's her name."

"Ya!" Before he could say anything else she cut him off.

"I want her in my music video."

"Ya, why are you involving her? Leave her alone," he demand.

"You're so pathetic," laugh Sonya hysterically until tears came running down her face.

"Is this because of me?"

"Yes"

"Why are you doing this to me? Why are you torturing me?"

"You're the one torturing me!" she shouted with tears still running down her eyes.

He stopped suddenly realizing her tears are genuine. "Sonya," he call her name with worries.

"Leave," she point out the door and quickly wipe her tears as she stand up from the chair.

WIthout a word Youngbin head toward the door before abrutly stopping. He take one more look at her and out the door he goes. Sonya drop to the floor, "Manager Ahn," she calls.

"Yes"

"Bring me my phone"

He hand her phone to her. Sonya search through her contact list and see's Ji Youngbin's number still listed. "You bastard," she said before deleting his number off. She throws the phone down in tears. "Why do he hate me?," she wept.

The next morning arise. Yoon Sohee is reading articles about Na Joowon while eating her breakfast. To her surprise, no articles mention that he stopped breathing. The articles only talked about how he fainted from exhaustion. "That's strange," she mumble slightly tilting her head. Nari comes out the room humming to one of Outbreaks song. She skipped and spun her way to the kitchen and begin digging through the fridge for something to eat.

"Song Nari, are you hungry? You can have my breakfast," insist Sohee.

"No, I'm going to make breakfast for everyone. The younger ones are still sleeping so I thought I should prepare breakfast for them," said Nari.

Sohee takes a deep sigh. Something didn't feel right about the articles."I'll just save my food for later," said Sohee. She put on her slipper and headed to Manager Kim's apartment. She knock a few times on his door until he open.

"Yes?"
"Do we have anything schedule for today?"

"No, there's no schedule. Why?"

"No, it's nothing...." said Sohee who hesitated to ask Manager Kim about taking her to the hospital in fear that she may be too selfish. Sohee turn around and begin walking back to the girls dorm. Manager Kim seem to have known what she wanted to ask. "Yoon Sohee, if you wanted me to take you to the hospital, then I can," he insist.

Manager Kim and Yoon Sohee find themselves back at the hospital. They used the VIP access given to them by Na Joowon's manager. On their way to the Na Joowon's room, Yoon Sohee asked for Manager Kim to go ahead since she wanted to buy something for Joowon to eat. Manager Kim approaches Na Joowon's room, and to his surprise he see's Park Minwoo in Na Joowon's room. He listen closely into their conversation. The two guys are leaders to two different group but is from the same agency. The two men seem to be upset and arguing.

"Ya, Na Joowon. I told you not to over do it," said a frustrated Park Minwoo.

"I couldn't help it," said Na Joowon.

"If the reporters found out the truth, you and I are screw."

"You're the one who gave me the drugs," insist Joowon.

"You overdose yesterday... You almost die! Didn't you hear, you stopped breathing. Do you not understand? Our agency went through hell to cover the truth from reporters... Will you drag me down with you? If you are investigated for meth, will you take me with you?"

"I told you I didn't want to do it.. You're the one who told me it was fun... You said it will help calm my anxiety. You said it will help with my stress. I never wanted to touch that filthy thing.... You're the one who made me filthy! I can't stop using it because of you!" Joowon shouted in anger.

"I'm warning you... You better not drag me down with you!"

Manager Kim see's Yoon Sohee approaching with a bag of snacks in her hand. He quickly rushes over to her, "Yoon Sohee let's go."

"Why?"

He grab her by the hand and to the parkinglot. "I don't want you seeing and meeting Na Joowon. He's no good."

"Ya, what are you talking about? He treat me well," she insist.

"That's not the point, if you get involve with him it'll end your career do you understand?"

"You're the one who told me I can date him. Why are you changing your mind?" she ask in frustration.

"You really like him don't you?"

"Yes,"

"Can't you believe me?"

Sohee thought for a bit. She let out a deep sigh, "Okay... I believe you. Because you're my bestfriend."

They get in the car and head back to the dorm.

Back at the dorm, Nari had set breakfast on the table for the girls.

"Daebak! You made all of this? It looks pleasing," gasp Ara.

"I can't wait to eat it," said Nami as she quickly sits down to eat.

"You're the best, Unnie," said Ara hugging Nari tightly.

"Ya, you're squeezing the life out of me," laugh Nari.

"You're really amazing," said Chaerim as she takes the first bite.

"Unnie, are you going home this weekend?" ask Nami.

"Yes I am."

"I have a date with Kang Yebin this weekend," said Chaerim who is excited to meet her best friend.

"You're lucky. Both you and Ara, you're parent's live in Seoul. So it's easy for you to meet friends and see you parents," sigh Nami.

"You can go home with me," insist Ara.

"No, I miss my parents," pout Nami.

"I'll buy you a plane ticket to the states to visit your parents during Chuseok," said Nari.

"Really?"

Nari nodded, "Yes... I know it's been long since you last seen them."

"Thank you," said Nami cheerfully.

"She has the worst temper but the biggest heart," sigh Chaerim.

The Outbreak boys had just finish a recording at the broadcasting station. No one seem to have energy since they been up since early morning.

Minhyun takes a deep sigh, "So this is how it feels to have schedules? I'm very thankful but I'm so tired."

"Imagine when we get bigger, we probably won't even get sleep," said Insoo.

"We can do it," said Minhyun with determination.

"Jaewon hyung, why do you always name Yoo Chaerim as your ideal type on shows? People will really believe you like her," ask Insoo.

"Because it's easier that way. If I keep using a different ideal type, I will always have to give out different reasons."

"Manager Lee on our way back to the agency, let's stop by Gimpo's cafe," insist Jung Jinsoo.

"Yes"

"Why are we drinking coffee?" ask Insoo.

""We'll be staying at the agency all night," said Jinsoo

"Working?" gasp Minhyun

"Where did that determination go?" laugh Jaewon. 

"Daebak!" said Minhyun in shock. 

They arrive to the agency with coffee in their hands. The boys had just enter the recording studio when CEO Hwang suddenly call Jinsoo to come see him in his office. 

"MBC's Seoul Night Radio station is asking if you want to be a radio DJ. Do you want to take it?"

"No"

"This offer don't come too often. Especially if it's from a big broadcasting station like MBC."

"I just want to work on music," insist Jinsoo. 

"I understand... I will be giving this offer to Kim Jaewon if that is okay with you?

"Yes"

"In fact I knew you would say no. So I aleady asked the producer in advance if it can be given to Kim Jaewon if you reject the offer"

"Thank you for understanding"

Back at the recording studio Jinsoo is assigning parts to s. Kim Jaewon had just come back from meeting CEO Hwang about replacing Jung Jinsoo as Seoul's Night DJ.

"I can't believe it. I'm a radio DJ," said Jaewon in disbelief. 

"You deserve it hyung, this is your first project outside of the group." said Insoo. 

"Congrats," Jinsoo pat Jaewon's back with a smile. 

"Everything's falling into place," said Minhyun with joy. 

Jaewon yell out in excitement, "Yesss! I'm a DJ!" 

The guys chime in with happiness as they gather around Jaewon giving him hugs. The members are filled with joy. They don't know what the future hold but they are definitely closer to becoming top stars. Jaewon will be the first member with a project outside the groups. 

The weekend came. Nari had a luggage with her as she sit by a nearby park. Jinsoo pull up with the same black car. 

"Ya," he call out to her. 

Nari goes towards the car while dragging the luggage, "Ya open the trunk will you?"

Jinsoo suddenly get out of the car. He open the passenger door and makes her sit in the seat before taking her luggage and putting it in the trunk.

 "What are you doing?" she ask while he closes the trunk and head back towards the driver's side. Jinsoo get into the car and drives off.

"Where are we going?" she ask nervously. 

"We're going to the beach"

"Just the two of us?" she gulp

"Aren't we dating secretly? It wouldn't be a secret if we invited others"

Nari tightly hold onto her seatbelt. Jinsoo see's her clutching onto it tightly. He let out a smile. "Should we sleep together?" he joke. 

"No!" she quickly deny. "Let's sleep separately," she insist. 

"I was just kidding. Why are you taking it so serious?"

"Ya, I wasn't thinking of erted thoughts. I'm just being cautious," she defended her claim. 

"Yes... Yes.. I believe you," he said scarcastically. 

"YA!" she snicker at him as he laugh teasingly at her. 

Nari clear as she changes the topic. "I... lied to my members that I will be visiting my parents this weekend," she said with much guilt in her tone of voice. 

"I told my members that I am visiting my mom," chuckle Jinsoo. 

"Since I've dated you, I became a liar."

"I became a liar after dating you too!"

Nari takes a deep sigh, "We're so bad."

"Why are we hiding it from our members? They'll find out anyway," Jinsoo asks Nari.

Nari takes another deep sigh, "Ya, I don't know. Even my dating ban is lifted but I can't seem to find the right words to tell them"

RosePetal Yoo Chaerim and Everest's Kang Yebin met up for breakfast at a high end restruarant. The besties are excited to catch up with one another. 

"Thank you for making time for me even though your busy," said Chaerim

"Sorry, I initially wanted to do dinner, but my only available time is breakfast"

"Why are you sorry for?" giggle Chaerim. 

"Should I not be sorry?" laugh Yebin. She takes a gulp of water from her glass. "Yoo Chaerim," she call nervously; "I will like to ask you for advice since you have experience in dating"

"Go ahead"

"There is an idol I like. He's really nice, and manly; however, he doesn't open up much to me. What should I do? He used to be a secret admirer of mines but... "

"If he's a secret admirer then why not?" 

"No... Recently I think I got him mad during the Busan Music Festival. He was clearly angry at me."

"He was also there performing? Would I know who he is?"

"No.. I don't think so.. It's Jung Jinsoo from Outbreak."

Chaerim gasp in shock, "Ya, Jung Jinsoo?"

"Do you personally know him?"

"Of course.... Outbreak and RosePetal even spent christmas eve together one year. We went drinking that night," said Chaerim. 

"How is he? Is he a flirt? Is he talkitive? I want to know everything," said an excited Kang Yebin. 

"Kim Jaewon likes me," brag Yoo Chaerim as she giggle. 

"Ya, I want to know about Jung Jinsoo," insist Yebin. 

"I don't know much about him. I think he's closest to Yoon Sohee or Song Nari. With Sohee it would be understandable since their the leaders," said Chaerim in deep thought. She suddenly recall something, "Ah, I remember. He met with Nari once at one of the music shows. Something about borrowing money from her. If I remember clearly she hated him."

"They know eachother? Hmmm.  I didn't even know he was close enough to borrow money from her," said Yebin. 

"They don't get along so they avoid eachother often at music shows.  Maybe I can get intouch with Kim Jaewon oppa. Our managers are friends," smile Chaerim. 

Song Nari and Jung Jinsoo finally reach their destination. Nari spread out her arms as she run towards the water. "Wowwww!" she yell with joy. He walks after her into the water where they stood ankle deep. 

"This is my first trip since debuting. It feels so unreal," said Nari staring into the sea. 

"This is my first time at a beach"

"What? You've never been to the beach?"

"Yes," he said while letting out a smile of relief. 

Nari suddenly thought of something. She smile cunningly to herself as she takes a peek at him. "Jung Jinsoo," she call and she splashes water at him. 

"Ya, what are you doing?" he ask fluster at first but soon finds himself splashing water back at her. 

Their laughter filled with joy in that moment of solitude while playing in the sea. He was all she could see, and she was all he could see. Nothing else seems to matter but a simple love so pure you couldn't see the heartache that lies ahead. The misery that will come in such glorifying pain. The tears that will mask their smile. The flower in the dark.