Complicated

The Flower in the Dark

Choi Sonya thought she would enjoy messing with Kang Yebin and Jung Jinsoo on television. However, she never excpected she'd see Ji Youngbin. His eyes quiver as he see's her. Without saying anything Sonya gets up from her seat and walks out the waiting room without a word. Youngbin follow after leaving Jinsoo and Yebin alone in the waiting room. "Hello," Kang Yebin shyly greeted him. Jinsoo awkwardly greet her in return. They sit in the same room without saying a word to eachother while they waited for the other two to comeback and for the show to start.

Sonya storm down the hallway as Ji Youngbin catches up and grabs her by the arm.

"Choi Sonya," he call out her name.

"You two know eachother?" Sonya ask in shock.

"Yes, Jung Jinsoo and I have been friends since our trainee years."

"You.. You're still the same," said Sonya as her eyes glisten with tears.

"It's all in the past."

"I was the only one hurt. You were the happy one." She jerk her arms away from him.

"Choi Sonya," call out Youngbin again.

"What I'm about to do today. Just turn a blind eye." she warn him and leaves.

Happy Together began filming. Yoo Jaesuk was the host. "Hello, this is Happy Together. Today is the friendship special."

"We have some very young guest here today," said Park Myungsoo.

They called out Jung Jinsoo and Ji Youngbin first. Aftwerwards Choi Sonya and Kang Yebin is call out after.

"How did you guys become friends?" Yoo Jaesuk ask Jinsoo and Youngbin.

"Ah, we were trainees together," answer Youngbin.

"We go way back since middle school years. Since fourteen?" said Jinsoo.

"But I left that company and debuted first," clarify Youngbin.

"He could've been a member of Outbreak," said Jinsoo.

Kang Yebin listen attentively as she is excited to learn more about Jinsoo's personal life. Choi Sonya scoff sarcastically seeing how Yebin is so focus on Jung Jinsoo. Sonya can see right through her. "Daebak," mutter Sonya.

After listening to the boys the host now turn their attention to the girls with the same questions.

"You two was in a drama together. Kang Yebin, you protray your character so well the viewers thought you two really hated eachother. But you clear the rumors by announcing your friendship with Choi Sonya at the drama awards."

"Yes, infact Choi Sonya isn't much older than me although she debuted first. We share many similarities and she helped me alot on set," said Kang Yebin with a fake smile. Sonya playfully smack Yebin on the shoulder with a laugh as they pretend being close friends with one another. "Kang Yebin have struggle so much with acting. But she listens to me well and even won big awards," said Sonya.

"But you're a little mysterious. I'm amaze that you're willing to appear on a variety show," Park Myungsoo asked Sonya.

Sonya's fake smile slowly faded away. She glances over toward Ji Youngbin. He directly look into her eyes and quickly look away avoiding eye contact as she begin speaking sincerely about the difficulty she struggle debuting as a soloist, and becoming a huge star at a young age.

"I debuted at 15. I was a soloist so it was quite lonely. My agency wanted me to remain a little mysterious so I was force not to open up and I wasn't allow to make friends. I was forbidden to even befriend actresses and actors I work with. I had no one by my side," said Sonya as her eyes glisten looking towards Ji Youngbin. He can tell she is indirectly telling this for him to hear. He can see the hurt and anger in her eyes. Sonya then continue, "I really didn't have anybody. By the time I turn 16 I already earn the tittle as the Nation's little sister, and by 18 I was the Nation's Goddess. If I just had one friend, maybe life wouldn't have been so tiring and difficult. After being lonely for so many years, I decided that maybe.... I can finally live like everyone else. Make my own decisions. The mysterious aura that was given to me since debut drain me. It feels nice to open up and let loose on variety shows. My contract ended with my previous agency and as you know I am now a one man agency. I'm very happy to be here on Happy Together with this opportunity."

"It must've been hard," said Jaesuk with concern.

"In fact Kang Yebin is the first celebrity friend I made since changing agency," said Sonya with a fake smile as she grabs Kang Yebin's hand.

"I'm very thankful that she opened up to me," smile Kang Yebin while secretly squeezing Sonya's hand to let go.

"I don't mean to bring this up but I heard that Jung Jinsoo is Kang Yebin's ideal type," said Park Myungsoo.

Embarrass Yebin burst into laughter covering . "No..no.." she shakes her head in denial.

"Ehhhh, it's over the internet," said Park Myungsoo. He then turn his attention to Jung Jinsoo, "You've heard about it right?" he ask Jinsoo.

"Yes, I heard about it," Jinsoo answer with honesty causing laughter amongst the MCs.

"Aren't you being too overly confident?" ask Park Myungsoo still in disbelief that Jinsoo was so honest.

Suddenly Sonya interferred with a confession, "I wanted to join Happy Together is because Jung Jinsoo is actually my ideal type. I really wanted to meet him when I heard that he will be a guest on this show."

The host who isn't aware of her mind games laugh along with shock. Jinsoo, and Yebin is taken off guard by her random confession. They both knew it couldn't be true. However, Ji Youngbin is taken by surprise.

"I had my eyes on him since his debut days. I knew he will make it big," said Sonya with a cunning smirk.

"Jung Jinsoo seems to be popular among female idols," laugh Yoo Jaesuk.

After Happy Together ended filming, Kang Yebin drag Choi Sonya by the arms and led her to a secluded corner to talk.

"Ya, what do you think you're doing?" ask Yebin.

"I can't confess that I like him too?"

"Ya," shouted Yebin. "What kind of mind games are you playing?'

"Aren't you the one who started this game? I'm just filling in the gaps," said Sonya in a sarcastic manner as she walks off.

 Sonya enter the waiting room. She see's Jinsoo and Youngbin standing next to eachother. Jinsoo stare at her awkwardly. He walks out the room without a word with a water of bottle in his hand. Suddenly Youngbin takes her by the hand and out the room. He takes her to the staircase.

"You like Jung Jinsoo?"

"Why does it matter to you?"

"Is this what you meant when you said to turn a blind eye?"

She snicker cockingly as she crosses her arms. "My target isn't Jung Jinsoo. He's just a weapon."

"Ya, what do you think you're doing? Are you still messing with people?"

"Its none of your concern."

"Jung Jinsoo is my friend. Are you doing this to get back at me?"

"No. This have nothing to do with you."

"Why are you doing this?"

"I'm going to ruin Kang Yebin."

Ji Youngbin is taken back. "What?"

"You stay out of my business. Let's just pretend to not know eachother," demanded Sonya as she leaves the staircase.

Jinsoo is walking down the hall in KBS after avoiding Choi Sonya. He continouosly flip the water bottle into the air and catches it to ease his mind. He suddenly drop the water bottle after awkwardly running into an upset Kang Yebin who is crying alone after her confrontation with Sonya. She see's him and quickly wipe her tears as she sniffle. Unsure of what to do Jinsoo hesitated before he could think of what to say in this unpleasant situation. "Ah... You're here?" stutter Jinsoo. He quickly turn his back and plan to avoid the awkward encounter when she suddenly walk up from behind him and grab his wrist. Jinsoo freezes up unsure of how he should react. "Wait," she said softly and lean her head against his back as she continue to shed tears.

"Wh..what are you doing?" he gulp in surprise.

"I'm just so frustrated," cried Kang Yebin.

She felt frustrated, torture, and tired of Choi Sonya. The mind games drain her mentally. Although she promise herself that she will rise above Sonya, Yebin is no where near her status. She just couldn't help but cried out of anger. Yebin feel upset with herself and overwhelm mentally and physically. Since she's busy promoting as an actress, Yebin have not been around her members often. As she cry on Jinsoo's back, she felt comfort. Something she haven't felt in a while.

Yoon Sohee is on her date with Na Joowon. They are sitting in a restraurant he had reserve for her. She sit nervously across from him dressed in a floral dress.

"You looking breath taking," said Joowon who is captivated by her beauty.

Sohee is flatter by his compliment as she giggle in denial, "No."

Manager Kim watches from afar in jealousy. After her date, manager Kim is driving her back to the dorm. He sits quietly behind the wheel without saying a word. Sohee can feel the tension from him. She decides to confront him.

"Manager Kim, why do I feel like you're angry?"

He doesnt respond and continue driving in silence.

"Ya! Are you mad?" she ask.

"I just don't want to talk about it."

"Why?"

Again he became silent.They then reach the dorm. He gets out of the car and just walk into the building without openng her door.

"Yaaa!" shouted Yoon Sohee.

Song Nari is lying on the floor flipping through chanels when Yoon Sohee enter the apartment. Sohee is taken back since she thought all the members went back home during the weekend. She was not expecting to see Nari still at the dorm.

"Wh.. what are you doing here? Didn't you go back home?"

"No. There's nothing to do at home so I decided to stay behind." Nari then takes notice of Sohee's outfit. "Unnie, why are you dressed up like you just went on a date? Are you dating secretly behind our backs? That's why you didn't go home am I correct?" Nari ask in suspicion.

"No," denied Sohee.

"It's none of my business so I won't ask anymore. Just do you," said Nari as she continue flipping through the chanel. Sohee takes a sigh of relief and quickly head into her room. As soon as Sohee left into her room, Nari sits up. "Darn," said Nari. She have a date with Jung Jinsoo later on that night. Now she will have to sneak around Yoon Sohee. Later on during that evening Nari comes knocking on Yoon Sohee's door. "Unnie," she call from the other side.

"Yes?"

"Are you going to stay in all day?" Nari ask in curiosity.

"I'm not feeling good," said Sohee as she began fake coughing on the other side of the door to avoid Nari and any suspicious questions from her.

"I hope you'll feel better," answer a concern Nari when in reality she was feeling excited. This mean she won't have to sneak around Sohee.

Nari goes into her room and begin ransacking her closet. She isn't sure of what to wear. After trying on multiple outfits she finally decided to go for something a little more edgy. She has on a bennie, leather jacket, skirt, and combat boots. "Will I scare him away?" she refers to her outfit while looking at herself with the full body mirror. Suddenly Ara opens the door. "Ahhhhh!," shouted Nari as she is taken by surprise.

"Unnie, where are you going?" ask Ara.

Nari couldn't believe it that Jang Ara is back early.

"Ya, why are you back already?"

"Why can't I come back early? My parents live in seoul," ask Ara. She notice Nari's outfit. "Unnie, are you going on a date?"

"No," deny Nari.

"Are you trying to sneak off on a date while everyone else is away at home?"

"No!" Nari quickly denied. "I'm meeting... meeting... Moon Subin."

"Can I come along?"

"No!" Nari quickly rejected her request. "Take care of Yoon Sohee while I'm gone. She's not feeling too well," said Nari as she hurriedly grab her bag and head out the door.

Ara scoff in disbelief, "What?"

Nari heads out of the building and see's a black car with tinted windows pull up. The passenger seat window roll down and she see's Jung Jinsoo in the driver's seat.

"Get in," he said.

Nari gets into the passenger seat.

"Is this your car?" she ask.

"No, it's manager Lee's personal car. He's letting me use it for this weekend."

"Where are we going?"

"We didn't get to celebrate our 1 years anniversary because of our busy schedule."

"Have it been that long already?" Nari ask in amazement. "Wow, Daebak! Dating as an idol is hard," she said with deep breaths.

Jinsoo chuckle at her cuteness. He then realize they are coincidentally matching. "Oh! We're matching."

Nari turns around and look at him. He is also wearing black with a beanie and a leather jacket.

"You must really like black"

"Why?"

"You was dressed in black too the last time."

"I always wanted to pick you up and take you out on a date like this. I'm sorry if I can't do this often," he apologize in advance.

They then reach their destination. Jinsoo took her to a secluded area where the citylights of seoul can be seen.

"Whoa," said Nari in amazement. The view was breath taking. Jinsoo smile faintly after seeing her reaction.

"When I was a trainee and was having a hard time, I came here often. It makes me feel at ease."

"It's beautiful," she said with a smile.

"Yes you are," he gaze at her lovingly.

Nari clears . She is speechless and unsure of what to say. However, she can feel butterflies in her stomach. Nari gasp as she point towards the sky after seeing a falling star.

"A falling star," she said in astonishment. Jinsoo quickly follows her fingers and see's the falling star.

"I've never seen a falling star before. It's a falling star right?" she ask for confirmation.

"Yes"

She quickly clasp her hand together and shut her eyes tight. "I have to make a wish."

Jinsoo chuckle at her excitement. He's never seen her so joyous.  This was a side he never knew she had. After all, Nari is usually a little negative and hard to impress. After making her wish she open her eyes with a smile.

"What did you wish for?" he ask

"It's a secret"

"Why are you so happy today?" Jinsoo chuckle again.

"Because it feels nice to escape from everything. The pressure, people, stress, and... " Nari then ended it there and continue with a question. "Don't you feel tired sometimes?"

"Ofcourse all the time."

"I think this is the happiest I've been in the last 5 years. I don't have to think about anything here."

"You're the first person I brought here," confess Jinsoo.

"Really?"

"Isn't this better than Music Bank's rooftop?" laugh Jinsoo.

Nari nodded her head with a huge smile.

"Song Nari," he call her name.

"Yes?"

Jinsoo grabs her hand and squeezes it tightly. "I really like you."

Nari is caught off guard from his sudden confession. Although it wasn't his first confession, she couldn't help it but feel her heart beating like crazy. She looks up as they lock eyes. He gently brushes her bangs to the side and pull her closely towards him as he lean in for a kiss. Before their lips could touch Nari starts to hiccup. She quickly cover mouth. "I'm sorry," she apologize. Jinsoo clears his throat in embarrassment. He sits on top the hood of the car. He tap beside him signaling her to sit. Nari sits beside him.

"Jung Jinsoo," she call his name.

"Yes?' he answer.

Nari leans in and gives him a quick shy peck on the check. Jinsoo is taken by surprise. He turn to Nari who is blushing and shyly looks away. Jinsoo let out a smile of relief.

After their date Jinsoo dropped her off by the apartment building. "Thank you," said a nervous Nari as she bite her bottom lips. As she is about to leave Jinsoo calls out her name. "Song Nari!"

Nari stops and turn back around.

"I just wanted to see you one last time before you leave," said Jinsoo.

Nari's heart is about to burst. "I'll see you again," she reassure him with a smile. Nari closes the door and started walking back towards her apartment building. She couldn't stop smiling. She is overwhelm with happiness. Her heart flutter with just the thought of Jung Jinsoo. Jinsoo who is still parked watches her from behind as she head towards the buidling. He wanted to make sure she gets home safely. Once she reaches the door to the building, Jinsoo drives off. He too couldn't stop thinking about her as he let out a huge smile.

Nari enter RosePetal's dorm in a good mood while humming one of Outbreak's song. She abrutly stopped in shock to see the rest of the members sitting together in the apartment. "Why is Kim Nami and Yoo Chaerim back so early?" she question.

The members are curious as to where she's been.

"Where were you?" asked Kim Nami.

"Ara, told us you look like you were going on a date. So I see that it's true," said Chaerim.

"Unnie, do you have a boyfriend?" ask Nami in curiousity.

"She probably does," scoff Ara.

Nari then play if off as she gasp in shock, "Ara said that?"

Ara gives Nari a strange look as Nari pretend to play cluess.

"If I was secretly dating why would I make it so suspicious? I told Ara I was going out with Moon Subin."

"You're right. Ara is young, she probably misunderstood," said Chaerim.

"And with Nari's personalilty she most likely will be the last out of us to get a boyfriend," said Nami.

Ara gasp in disbelief as the other seems to have believe in Nari.

"What?" Ara asked in disbelief.

Nari looks over to Ara and pat her head cutely since she is the maknae.

"My sweetie cutie pie Ara. You're so cute," Nari says in sarcasm.

"Hul," sigh Ara in shock giving in.

"Why are you guys back so early?" Nari ask

"I was over at Yoo Chaerim's house," answer Nami.

"Why can't we come back early? My parents live in Seoul," said Chaerim.

"That's what I told Song Nari unnie too! I'm telling you she's hidding something or she wouldn't even ask that question," Ara tries to convince them. However, it seems no one hear her as Chaerim speak over her.

"Ara told us Yoon Sohee is sick. So Nami and I rushed back to the dorm to check."

Everyone turn over to look at Sohee is laying silently with her back towards them on the living floor.

"She hasn't said anything to us. I don't think she's feeling well," said a concern Nami.

Suddenly Sohee gets up and walks out the dorm slamming the front door. Ara jump up in surprise.

"Do you think unnie is mad?" Ara ask in a low voice.

"I've never seen Sohee upset before," Nari answer in shock.

Yoon Sohee walk across the hall and begin banging on Manager Kim's door. He open the door and see's her standing infront of his apartment.

"Ya, wh.. what are you doing here?" he ask in surprise.

"We need to talk," she insist.

He quickly pull her by the arm into his apartment and closes the door.

"What is it?" he ask

"Are you mad at me?"

"No!"

"Liar," she glare at him.

"Why don't you believe me?"

"Whenever you lie, your right eyebrow slightly goes up."

"I told you I don't want to talk about it," Manager Kim quickly tries to avoid her asking.

"Am I doing something that is bothering you? What is it that I'm doing that you don't like? I've been noticing you've been acting weird around me for weeks now," she ask.

Back in RosePetal's dorm the members voted for Nari to go get Sohee who is upset.

"Ya, Nari you have the most votes. Go get Yoon Sohee," said Chaerim.

"Why?"

"Unnie, it's because you're the most fearless of us all. We've never seen Sohee angry before," said Nami.

"So have I?" whine Nari

"But you're bad temper. Sohee is always cautious of you," Ara tried to reason with her.

"Ya," said Nari cutting Ara short of her sentence. She then gets up and places her hand on her hip. "Fine, I'll do it."

Song Nari goes out the the ladies dorm. To her surprise, she didn't even have to find Sohee since she can slightly hear Sohee and Manager Kim's voice coming from his apartment. Nari is about to knock on his door when she accidentally over hear their conversation.

"Why are you angry with me? WHY?" shouted Chaerim.

"It's because I like you!"

Nari over heard his confession. She quickly pull away from the door. "Daebak," she said in surprise. Nari takes a few step back when suddenly Sohee opens the door from Manager Kim's apartment. She is shock to see Nari as they lock eyes. Yoon Sohee rushes by Nari without a word and into RosePetal's dorm. Nari is standing in the hallway directly from Manager Kim since his door is still wide open. He see's Nari and is taken back. She can see his eyes quiver from shock the second he takes notice of her.

Sohee rushes into the dorm and passes by the other girls. She goes into her room and lock the door.

"Did we send the wrong person? Sohee seem's even angrier," whispered Nami.

"Nari should learn how to hold her temper," sigh Chaerim as they assume Nari's temper made matters worse.

Yoon Sohee climb onto her bed and recall what had just happened.

"Flash Back"

"Why are you angry with me? WHY?" She shouted in anger.

"It's because I like you!" confess Manager Kim.

Sohee is bewilder by his sudden confession.

"I said I like you, I know I shouldn't but I do," said Manager Kim as his eyes glisten with tears.

"Let's stop this," she insist.

"You said you wanted to know."

"Stop! You just make everything awkward... I.. like Na Joowon," she confess.

'"Yoon Sohee," he call her name as tears begin to roll down his cheeks from heartbreak.

The tension in the room was filled with awkwardness. Sohee let out a sigh in frustration. "Let's end our friendship," she suggested. She opens the door to leave and see's  Song Nari standing unpleasantly in the hallway.

"End Flashback"

Sohee began to shed a couple of tears with the thought of ending her long friendship with Manager Kim of 10 years. They knew eachother since their childhood. She never thought their friendship would come to an end with the result of his one sided love. She just wanted to be alone. She felt guilt. She felt horrible. She wandered to herself if ending their friendship was the right thing to do. She curl herself up in bed and pull the sheet over her head while weeping silently.