HeartBeat

The Flower in the Dark

Nari gasp in shock as Outbreak enter the room. She had no idea they were included in the line up.

"Hello, I am Jung Jinsoo. So we meet again." He smile and takes out his hand. Yoon Sohee shakes his hand. "Nice to see you again."

Although it wasn't RosePetal and Outbreak's first time meeting they are still awkward together. Right away Ms. Kim have the begin practicing their choreography. No one was really assign a partner since everyone was rotating often. RosePetal isn't really consider a cute group since they lean more towards the girl crush concepts. However, the men are adjusting fine even though Outbreak is more of a hiphop group. Ms. Kim is getting frustrated over RosePetal lack of aegyo. Ara also kept messing up on the moves, Nami is too stiff, and Nari kept losing her place.

Ms. Kim points out Nami in frustration, "Nami you're too stiff. You're not a log." While Kim Nami tries correcting herself, Nari who is suppose to be next to Kim Jaewon found herself beside Han Insoo. Ms. Kim again sigh in frustration and point Nari out. "Song Nari, how are you next to Insoo when Jaewon is on your right?" After the continuous mistakes Ms. Kim is left furiated. She stop the dance practice and takes a long sigh. She is speechless of what she had just witness.

"Where's the chemistry?" she raises her voice. "By now the other team should already be halfway done and you guys are still no where in the middle. Follow me." Ms. Kim instructed as RosePetal and Outbreak follow after. They enter the room Araya and Notorious was using along with their dance instructor Nam. Ms. Kim had them watch Araya's and Notorius dance practice. They had the y concept and their was a lot of skinship involve. RosePetal and Outbreak is left amaze.

"Daebak, that's why they're from the big 3," said Kim Nami amaze.

"They're amazing," Kim Nami agree.

"They have chemistry. Where is yours?" Ms. Kim ask.

Outbreak and RosePetal kept their head down without uttering a word. "If you can't even follow instruction, how can you succeed anything as idols?" she ask."The performance isn't until 3 days from now. I'd like if you guys can get to know eachother. Please work on your chemistry." she insist.

Back in the practice room the girls sit on the floor in a circle. They held their head down feeling disappointed in their performance.

"I am so upset," said Nami.

"Same here. We could've done better," agree Ara.

As the leader, Yoon Sohee try cheering up the girl, "We can do it. We were just fluster that's all."

"I'm sorry if I am lacking. I'm just really shy around men," apologize a frustrated Ara.

"Ms. Kim want us to get to know the guys by spending quality time together? But I don't like Jung Jinsoo," complain Nari.

"Nari, stop being stubborn," said Chaerim.

"Why don't you like him?" asked Sohee

Just then the Outbreak members walk into the room over hearing what Nari said. "Why don't you like me? That's something you should fix since we lack chemistry," said Jinsoo. The girls are taken back as they did not expect him to over hear their conversation. Sohee nudges Nari's elbow. Jinsoo takes a deep sigh as the Outbreak members join in their circle. "Let's get to know eachother," Jinsoo insist and sit down across from Nari. Her face grimace in disgust as he sits down. Jinsoo glare at her after seeing the scowl on her face.

"How about we get rid of formalities since we're all pretty close in age. Besides, Outbreak only debuted a few days before RosePetal." suggested Jinsoo still glaring at her. Nari then look away as she snicker at him.

"If that help us overcome the awkwardness then why not?" agrees Sohee and nudges Nari to participate. "Let's talk about our likes and dislikes."

Jinsoo clear his throat before starting. "My name is Jung Jinsoo. I like writing lyrics and I don't like giving up something once I start it."

Sohee: I am Yoon Sohee. I enjoy singing, and I don't like letting my members down.

Jaewon: Hello. I'm Jaewon. I enjoy rapping, and I don't like failing.

Nami: I am Kim Nami. I also enjoy rap. The one thing I don't like is dieting.

Insoo: I am Han Insoo. I hate seafood and enjoy playing the guitar.

Ara: Hi. I am the maknae Jang Ara. I enjoy reading. I don't have any dislikes as of now.

Minhyun: I enjoy singing and I hate vegatbles. Oh yeah, my name is Jeon Minhyun. I am  the maknae of Outbreak.

Chaerim: I am Yoo Chaerim. I like dancing but I don't like exercising.

Everyone look over to Nari who is last. Sohee nudges Nari to go.

Nari: My name is Song Nari. I like to sleep in, and I don't like interacting with people.

Sohee nudges Nari again. "Why are you being like this?" whisper Sohee.

"I don't like Jinsoo," Nari whisper back. However, the boys could hear everything as they were loud enough. Everyone looks over to Jinsoo and back towards Nari.

"Ya, Nari!" said a frustrated Sohee. Nari takes a deep breath and tries again but everyone can see that it was without effort.

"Well...." she pauses for a moment and began again while glaring directly at Jinsoo, "What I meant is not that I don't like interacting with people. I just don't like thiefs and players." Sohee throws in a fake laugh to avoid the awkwardness. "Don't mind Song Nari, she's very friendly once you get to know her." Just then Manager Lee and Manager Kim comes back with food and snacks. "Come eat guys," call the managers.

Everyone gather together on the floor eating the food brought in by the managers. While eating, Nari and Jinsoo accidentally went for the same food and their hands touch. Fluster Nari quickly pull her hand away. She look over toward Jinsoo who is looking at her as well. She turn away quickly avoiding eye contact with him. Nari starts to hiccup out of nervousness. "Excuse me," she rapidly excuses herself and leave the room. While everyone is still eating, Jinsoo quietly gets up from the circle.  He left to go look for  Nari. He finds her sitting alone on the empty stage that will be use for the collaboration. He walk by her and sit besides her.

"Why do you hate me so much?" he ask.

"Is that why you're here? To ask me that?"

"Don't make it hard on your leader. When my members throws a tantrum the job can be really stressful," he advise her.

Nari expresses with uneasy feelings, "I don't want Sohee unnie to feel burden."

"So why do you make her feel uneasy?" he ask.

Nari sighs as she stare into the empty seats that will be fill in a few days. "What makes a difference? She will feel the same way she does already no matter what I say or do. Being a leader must be really lonely. She doesn't say it but the members and I know she worries herself to death sometimes."

Jinsoo listened carefully and attentively as he understand the burden and loneliness of being a leader in an idol group.

'I'll make it up with Sohee Unnie."

Nari then turn towards him, "Since you're curious it's not that I hate you. I just don't like you," said Nari.

"Why?"

"I said it already, I think you're a theif and a player."

"Who did you hear that from?" he ask

"Why should that matter," she scoff.

"Ya, we have to get along for the collaboration"

"This collabortation won't change how I feel about you"

"I think you're forgetting that you are an idol. You have to stay professional whether you like me or not. That's the only way we can survive."

"That's why I can't be a leader. Your tolerance is amazing," said Nari.

They both take a deep sigh as they look at the empty seats. Nari imagine the seats being fill with just RosePetal's fan. Nari couldn't wait till that day come. She thought of what Jinsoo said. If she wants to make it, she will have to it up.

Nari gets up from the stage. "Should we go back?" she asks him.

Once the they both reach the room, all the members were gone. The food is still laying on the floor. It seems everyone had left somewhere leaving behind the leftover food for the two. "Where did they go?" wonder Jinsoo.

On the rooftop, Sohee is staring at the stars in the night sky. Her head is filled with many deep thoughts. Manager Kim who is watching from behind approaches her. He wanted to place his hand over her shoulder to comfort her but hesitated to do so. "Manager Kim, Im afraid, " said Sohee with a long sigh. "Why?" he asked. "It's already been one year since our debut; however, it's so hard I can barely hang on. Imagine the idols who goes through 5 years of being unknown? What if that becomes RosePetal?" she ask with concern. "I will be too embarrass to let my members down."

Manager Kim is about to place his hand on her shoulder to comfort her. However, Manager Lee along with the others enter the rooftop with mini firework sticks. He pull his hand back to his side.

Everyone is on the rooftop other than Song Nari, and Jung Jinsoo. Kim Jaewon had gone back down to check if Nari and Jinsoo return.

Nari and Jinsoo is sitting on the floor finishing off the leftover saved for them. Kim Jaewon enter the room. He had come back to invite them to the rooftop. "There you guys are. Manager Lee bought some fireworks. Come join us."

"Later, I'm still eating," said Jinsoo.

"Okay. We'll be on the rooftop." said Jaewon and left the room. Nari and Jinsoo are back alone in the room.

"You're not going?" he ask while taking a bite of the fried chicken.

"There's something you don't know about me. I love food," confess Nari as she takes a huge bite of the spicy fried chicken. "I'll never go on a diet."

Jinsoo notice the sauce from the chicken by her lips. He grab her suddenly by the arms and pull her closely in towards him. He lean in towards her as well. Nari again is fluster, and her heart begin beating rapidly. She is left stun. Unsure of how to react. He places his thumb by the side of her lip and wipe off the sauce. They look into eachother's eyes. There was an awkward silence in the room. Jung Jinsoo can feel his heart beating like crazy. He doesn't know why he is feeling butterflies in his stomach. He never realize how beautiful her eyes were. "It's the things like this that you do, that makes me think you're a player," said a fluster Nari as she quickly pull away. Jinsoo clears his throat. He doesn't know what have gotten into him. He is bewilder of what just happened.

"I.. I was only trying to wipe the sauce off of you," he hesitate.

Nari awkwardly gets up. "I'll be going to the rooftop first." She walks out the room and leans against the wall with heavy breath. She place her hand over her chest. She can feel her heart beating like crazy again. "What is this?" she ask herself in confusion to her unexpected feelings.

Jinsoo reaches the rooftop and caught up with the others. Nari was already there. Jinsoo is so nervous about the incident earlier that he can't even look at her. His chest felt like it was going to burst in embarassment. Manager Lee hand a firework to Jinsoo. Nari finds herself stealing glances at Jinsoo while she interact with her members. They both are feeling unwanted feelings. That night on the rofftop, they stood as far from eachother as possible.

The next day, Idols are waiting off stage for their turn to rehearse. While practicing her steps Nari accidentally bump into Moon Subin, the main vocalist of Araya. "Sorry," she apologize. Subin smile towards Nari with reassurance. "It's okay," she said.

"I am Moon Subin by the way."

"I am Song Nari. Nice to meet you."

Ms. Kim calls up RosePetal and Outbreak to the stage. "I'll see you around," wave Yubin as Nari heads up on stage. While rehearsing, there was a part where Nari swtiches from Jaewon to Jinsoo, and Jinsoo to Insoo's arm. As Nari switches to Jinsoo, he grabs her by the waist. The moment they lock eyes, that moment felt forever. Before she could fall into Insoo's arms Ms. Kim call for a stop.

"That's exactly what I want. Stop and stay within that position" she comanded.

Still in his arms, Nari stay in that position with their eyes lock. "That's the chemistry I was looking for. This is what I want to see." Ms. Kim continue. However, Ms. Kim have become inaudible for Nari to hear. "Why can't I hear anything? All I can see is him, and the sound of my beating heart," thought Nari. "Did time stop?" she wonder. While Jinsoo and Nari continue on with this position staring into eachother's eyes, Ms. Kim went on and on about the importance of chemistry.

"Okay, you guys can let eachother go now," instructed Ms. Kim.

The real world return for Jinsoo and Nari as he let's her waist go. After rehearsal RosePetal is back at the practice room provided by KBS.

"Unnie," giggle Ara. "It look like you and Jinsoo oppa was inlove."

"Ya, you must be crazy?" said Nari.

"You must be crazy too!" laugh Nami.

"Why?"

"You were looking at him like he was all you see too!" joke Nami. The rest of RosePetal begin laughing at Nari.

"I think you're all crazy." said Nari. She gets up and walk towards the door.

"Are you going to go poop?" tease Sohee.

"Yes, a big one too!" said Nari and out the door she goes.

"They have amazing chemistry," laugh Chaerim. The girls giggle again as they continue making fun of Nari.

"They must be the crazy ones," said Nari to herself in denial. She walks up to the water fountain. She leans in to take a sip of water when she remembers Jinsoo pulling her in closely, as he presses his thumb against her lips to wipe off the sauce. Nari shakes her head disgusted with the thought. She starts hitting her head. "Maybe I'm the crazy one," said Nari as she gives in with a sigh. "I need fresh air," she said to herself. On her way to the rooftop to get some air Nari see's Top actor Shin Leewon and Moon Subin kissing in a secluded area. Nari couldn't believe what she just saw. She gasp in shock and hid behind the wall.

Later that night in RosePetal's dorm Nari and Sohee is searching for something to watch while the others are asleep. "Let's watch Runningman. I'll be back. I need to use the restoom," said Sohee. As she headed to the restroom Nari starts flipping through the channel. She see's an interview with Outbreak on tv.  She pauses and start watching Outbreak's interview.

 

"What is your ideal type?" asked the interviewer. Jinsoo who is hesitant to answer thought for a bit. "That's a difficult question..I guess you can say I have no ideal type."

"You must have dated before. There must be girls with certain traits you like," insisted the interviewer. "Well... uhm.." Jinsoo laughs awkwardly unable to answer. Jaewon blurted out teasingly, "Jinsoo, had two girlfriends in highschool." The other members and the interviewer taken by surprise burst into laughter.

"ya!!" shouted a devasted Jinsoo as part of his past is reveal. He point at Jaewon in disbelief. "Wow, I can't believe this guy."

"So you've dated two girls at once?" ask the interviewer with tears in his eyes from laughing.

 "He dated twice in high school but in different years," Jaewon continue teasingly

"Ya!" shouted Jinsoo again while the others laugh.

 

Nari quickly changes the channel after Sohee return from her bathroom break."Was that Runningman?" she ask cluelessly.

Nari clears , "No, I was still looking."

The day for the Christmas theme Special Collaboration finally came. The Idols are gather together once again to rehearse one last time before putting on their makeup and costume for the actual stage performance. Nari is standing alongside her members when Moon Subin came by and stood beside Nari. She gently tug onto Nari's sleeve and whisper, "I know you saw me yesterday."

"Yes I did," admitted Nari.

"Promise not to tell anyone?"

"It's non of my business so don't worry."

"Shin Leewon and I are dating. I know everyone thinks that we are friends since our friendship is known to the public but I just want to clarify it with you incase there was any misunderstanding."

"Don't worry. I hope you two a happy and long relaltionship."

"Thank you. You're really cool. I hope we meet often," said Subin. She runs off to her Araya members as they called for her. Jinsoo walk by Nari coming towards her direction. "Why is that player coming my way?" ask Nari herself. He walks past her and towards Minhyun who is standing infront of her. Nari scoff in disbelief dumbfounded. "I must really be crazy one," thought Nari. She couldn't believe it that she was really expecting him to come up to her.

"Where is Jaewon and Insoo?" ask Minhyun.

"They're busy hanging out with their new friends the Notorious boys."

"Hyung, let's go meet them. I think Notorious sunbae are really cool."

"Sure."

They turn around to walk back. Jinsoo accidentally bump into Nari's shoulder. He passes by unaware. Nari look down and see's her bracelet. She picks it up realizing it's hers and that Jinsoo may have dropped it.

Since it is the day of the collaboration, the girls shared one big waiting room; vice versa for the men as well.

Nari is getting her make-up done. Subin comes by and watches in amazement. "Wow. You're really pretty."

"No, you're prettier," said Nari.

Subin leans over and whisper into Nari's ear, "you're all natural right?"

Nari nodded. "Yes, the rest of RosePetal are."

Subin then takes a deep sigh, "I'm jealous."

"You Araya girls are really pretty too! I heard you girls are all natural too!"

"No," denied Subin. "My company lied. They had me get fillers in my nose and I even had my eyelids even out. It's minor that is why you can't really tell." She takes another deep sigh. "I didn't want the cosmetic surgery."

"You're still as pretty as always. I didn't even notice until you told me. Plus you look exactly the same from your predebut years," said a surpise Nari.

"Your makeup is done," said the makeup artist.

"Nari stood up from the chair. "Thank you," she express her gratitude towards the makeup artist. "I'll be going to the restroom. Do you want to come along?" she ask Moon Subin.

"You can go ahead," said Subin. Nari leaves her side. Subin stare into her reflection in the mirror. She places her hands over her cheeks. "Am I really beautiful?" she ask herself. She turn her face away from the mirror in dismay. "No, I'm a monster."

On Nari's way to the restroom she see's the boy's waiting room. She peaks her head in hoping to see Jinsoo. Jaewon and another Notorious member comes by from behind her and tap her shoulder.

"Who are you looking for?" ask Jaewon.

Nari is taken by utter shock. Embarrass; Nari runs off without a word. Nari power walk through the halls with her head down. Her face was flush red. Suddenly she see's Shin Leewon. "What is he doing here again?" she thought. Nari assume he was here for Moon Subin. To her dismay, she see's him embracing another woman in his arms affectionately. "Daebak!" she gasp in shock and hide herself behind the wall.

Pacing back and forth outside the ladies waiting room, Nari couldn't decide if she should tell Moon Subin what she had just witness. She takes a deep breath and enters the waiting room. She nudges Subin by the arm, and lean into her ear to ask in a low voice so others wouldn't hear, "Is Shin Leewon here today? I thought that I saw him."

"I think you are mistaken. Leewon is in Japan right now," said a clueless Subin. Nari nodded in agreement; however, she knew the truth.

Nari just isn't sure how to tell her. She knew for sure it was Shin Leewon, and he was not in Japan. She looks over towards Subin again who is smiling happily with her members. "I'll tell her next time," said Nari.

The camera's are rolling and RosePetal and Outbreak are performing their Christmas collaborations together. Although there isn't alot of interaction since their concept was cute, Nari's heart still flutters when she goes into Jinsoo's arm. The second he let her go, the farther he seemed from her. It was hard facing the camera while she tries not to steal glances at him. After the christmas collaboration, Manager Lee and Manager Kim who have gotten close over the three days wanted to take Outbreak and RosePetal to a barbeque. The restraurant was reserved for only them since it belongs to Manager Lee's wife's family. Usually it would be the maknaes that grill the meat; however, the leaders and eldest in the group was grilling. Everyone was drinking other than Jinsoo, Minhyun, and Ara. Both Minhyun and Ara is still underage so they couldn't drink. Nari is feeling a little tipsy.

"How come Jinsoo isn't drinking?" Chaerim ask Jaewon.

"He doesn't like drinking," said Jaewon.

"Let's cheer," suggested Sohee.

"Cheers," said everyone as they raise their glasses and drank. Manager Lee and Manager Kim is sitting together at their own table. "I'm surprise that you're really young," said Manager Kim. "How old are you?" ask Manager Lee.

"I'm 23"

"Oh. We're the same age," said a surprise Manager Lee.

"I guess that makes us same age friends."

"How did you become a manager for a girl group? Usually that isn't allow if you're that young."

"Yoon Sohee and I are childhood friends. The company had a hard time finding a manager since it's a small agency. Plus there is no pay. So I did Sohee a favor and I'm here. How did you become Outbreak's manager?"

"I was originally the leader. I gave up my dreams."

"Why?"

"I found the woman of my dreams and married her."

""I'm envious of you," said Manager Kim as he look over toward Sohee who is busy drinking and grilling the meat.

Nari stumble away from the table. She walk into the hallway. She lean against the wall. Jinsoo walks right past her.  "Jung Jinsoo!" she call. He turns back around. Nari held up the bracelet in her hand. "You dropped this," said Nari.

"How did you get it? "

"Wow. I haven't seen this bracelet in a year," giggle Nari.

"I was going to return it."

"I don't want it. You can take it back."

She places the bracelet into Jinsoo's hand. As she is going to walk off he pull her back towards him. "Song Nari," said Jinsoo.

Nari still tipsy looks up, "Huh?"

"Let's go out?"

"Ye.,.Yes."