The Busan Music Festival

The Flower in the Dark

(Time Skip)

A few weeks came by and it is already February. During that few weeks Kang Yebin's drama with Shin Leewon finally comes to an end with high viewer ratings. Reporters are publishing Articles with titles such as, "Kang Yebin the Second Choi Sonya", "The New CF Queen," and "Korea's New Goddess." Choi Sonya is getting her hair done while reading articles on her phone. She burst into laughter after reading articles that was published. "Second Sonya? Daebak, these reporters definitely have no life." She then heard Outbreak's song playing in the hair salon. "Oh.. What a coincidence," she chuckle. Suddenly walks in RosePetal. The girls are also getting their hair done at the same shop. Manager Kim guided the girls to their seat. Manager Kim and Yoon Sohee was still not on speaking terms. However, no one seems to notice other than Nari who had witness what happened between the two. While Sohee sits in a daze, the other three members whispered in shock to see Sonya at the same shop as them. They are all attending the Busan Music Festival.

"Daebak!" gasp Yoo Chaerim.

"It really is Choi Sonya, I heard she will be the special MC," whispered Ara.

"Shhh...Let's not say anything. She doesn't seem too friendly," said Nami.

Song Nari is coincidentally seated next to Sonya. After a while Sonya turn to her right side and see's Song Nari.  "Isn't she the girl who took Kang Yebin and my picture?" thought  Sonya.

"Excuse me," she call Nari.

Nari turn towards her left and and see's her.

"Haven't we met?"

Nari slightly nodded. "Yes, nice to meet you here," she greeted.

"Nice to meet you too," said Sonya with a smile.

Again there was silence between the two of them. After Sonya finished with her hair she tap Nari on the shoulder, "Excuse me..."

Nari looks over her shoulder and see's Sonya standing behind her.

"Yes?"

"What is your name? I'm just asking because you're very pretty"

"Ah... My name is Song Nari."

"I'm looking for someone to appear  in my music video. You seem to fit the main character very well," said Sonya.

Nari smile awkwardly, "Thank you, but I'm not interested in acting."

"Ah.. I see." However, Choi Sonya still handed her business card to Nari, "Let me know if you changed your mind." She then leaves the shop. After Sonya left the shop, Nari is surrounded by her members.

"She just offered you to act in her music video? Whoaaaa," said Nami shook.

"I think Ara and Chaerim should do it since you two are interested in acting," suggested Nari.

"You should take it. She offered you the role. This will give you more opportunities," insisted Yoon Sohee.

"No," said Nari who already have her mind set on just singing.

"I agree with Sohee. However, we should also ask Manager Kim for his opinion," suggested Chaerim.

Sohee and manager Kim awkwardly look at eachother and quickly avoided eachother's presence.

"Manager Kim, do you think Song Nari unnie should take it?" ask Ara.

Manager Kim nervously clear his throat, "Well...  If she insist on no, I don't see why she should feel pressure on taking it."

Outbreak had just comeback from Japan. While leaving the airport, they are surrounded by a crowd of fans. Jung Jinsoo have the neck pillow Song Nari gifted him around his neck. While fans push their way through the crowd to get a better glimpse of the boys, one of the fan shove Oh Somi down. Jinsoo who witness it comes over to help the her up in concern. "Are you okay?" he ask as her as he help pull her up by the arms. He recognizes her from the fan meetings. "Oh it's you.." he said in a surprise. Oh Somi is taken back that he remembers her. "Oppa, you remember me?" Somi ask impress. Just then more fans pushes through separating him from her. "Daebak, he remembers me," she said with a smile.

Outbreak rushes over to the huge music festival held in Busan from the airport. Backstage is filled with staff memebrs as everyone seems busy. Once Outbreak arrive to the men waiting room, Ji Youngbin introduces Outbreak to one of his idol friend.

"I want to introduce you boys to my friend Park Minwoo. Although he's your senior he is a big fan of Outbreak," said Ji Youngbin.

"Nice to meet you," said the Outbreak members together.

"I"m Park Minwoo, nice to meet you guys. I'm a huge fan of you guys."

While RosePetal is still making their way towards the girls waiting room, Yoon Sohee is accidentally shove in the crowded hall. Manager Kim catches her in his arms. She quickly pull herself away from his arms. "I'm sorry," he apologize and quickly pull his hands back to his side.

"No... Thank you," she said and passes by him avoiding eye contact. Manager Kim let out a sigh. Nari walks up to him and patted his back in comfort. He turns and see's Nari with a smile. Without a word she also passes him. Once RosePetal enter the waiting room, Nari is delighted to see Moon Subin. The two run towards eachother and embraces eachother with hugs. "Moon Subin," Nari call in excitement.

"Song Nari," call out Moon Subin as the girls began jumping around with joy. Suddenly one of the Araya member comes by with a selfie stick recording Nari and Subin.

"What's the camera for?" Nari ask.

"It's for Araya's realitly tv," said the Araya member.

"Ya," whine Subin who covers her face from not wanting to be recorded.

"You're the special guest for next weeks episode," said the Araya member in regards to Nari.

"Don't record my girlfriend," joke Subin as she covers Nari's face with her hand.

Not far from Nari stood Choi Sonya who is observing her. "She's perfect for the role," said Sonya with a sigh.

An hour after, the show is just about to begin as fans started filling up the stadium when suddenly emergency staff is called backstage to the men waiting room. Jinsoo who had just gotten back with Kim Jaewon from the restroom is left confuse as to what had just happen since they couldn't get a glimpse of what was going on with the huge crowd of idols infront of them.

Back in the girls waiting room, words started going around.

"I heard that Na Joowon who's supposed to MC with Choi Sonya sunbaenim isn't feeling good," said a girl idol.

"I guess it's true. That's why earlier there were ambulance," said another.

Yoon Sohee who is standing near by with the RosePetal members overheard the two girls conversation. Her eyes widen from shock. Manager Kim was heading towards the girls with some bottle of water when Sohee runs past him.

"What's going on?" he ask in confusion.

"I heard the leader of F.I.V.E Na Joowon got hurt," said Chaerim.

"Everyone's talking about it," said Ara.

Choi Sonya is pull to the side to talk to staff members about the unexpected situation.

"Do you think you can MC alone?" ask the staff member.

"No," said Sonya.

"It's too last minute for us to find somebody for you," said the staff member in frustration.

"Then I won't do it," Sonya crosses her arms.

"You're so stubborn, okay let me ask the producer first," the staff said with a sigh. He then ask the producer over his walkie talkie for permission.

"Okay, we'll find someone for you," said the staff member after getting permission.

"No, I have someone in mind and it have to be this person only," insist Sonya.

Once all seats are filled, fans began to wonder what was the delay since the show is supposed to start. Oh Somi, who is Jung Jinsoo's fan is also sitting in the audience. "What's going on? Why is there a delay?" she complain amongst the many people left confuse to see their idols perform.

The Outbreak members are sitting together in the waiting room when staff members started approaching him.

"Jung Jinsoo, do you think you can MC?"

Jinsoo and the members looked at eachother confuse, "Me?" he pointed at himself.

'You might have heard but Na Joowon needed medical attention last minute. We cannot start the show without another MC."

"Why me? I don't thnk I can do it."

"We already spoke with your CEO about your payment to MC for us and the benefits. He agreed to have you MC. All you have to do is read what is on the screen."

While the audience started throwing a fuss over the delay, Choi Sonya and Jung Jinsoo appear together on stage to start the show. After seeing their presence, fans started to calm down and begin cheering in excitement.  As they walk towards the center of the stage, Sonya reaches out and grab Jung Jinsoo by the arm. He is taken by surprise but tries to maintain calm.

"Hello everybody, I am your special MC Choi Sonya."

"Hello,  I am Outbreak's Jung Jinsoo.  I am replacing Na Joowon today as your special MC."

Nari spit out water she was drinking from in shock as she watches the screen from backstage. Her members also watch in shock.

"Daebak, they replaced Na Joowon with Jung Jinsoo?" Chaerim ask in surprise. 

Suddenly comes rushing into the waiting room is Everest who are running late to the Busan Festival. Chaerim see's Kang Yebin and runs to her best friend in joy.

"Kang Yebin," shouted Chaerim across the room as she runs up to Yebin and hug her.

"Ya, I'm late," Yebin said to Chaerim while the Everest members are rushing to get ready.

Min Yoona who is the leader of Everest notice her close friend Yoon Sohee who is RosePetal's leader no where in sight.

"Where's Yoon Sohee?" ask Yoona.

"Ah... Unnie left some where. I'm sure she'll be back before RosePetal's performance," answer Chaerim.

"What happened earlier? We were running late but we couldn't get in. The doors were block, plus there was an ambulance earlier," said a shock Sooyoung.

"Na Joowon Sunbaenim got hurt. Jung Jinsoo is replacing him right now as MC," said Chaerim.

"Jung Jinsoo? Jung Jinsoo and Choi Sonya together?" asked Kang Yebin.

"Yes," answer a clueless Chaerim.

"Daebak," scoff Yebin in disbelief. "She would do it," she mumble to herself in reference to Sonya.

Jung Jinsoo and Choi Sonya exit off the stage after their introduction. Jinsoo quietly walks ahead of her.

"Jung Jinsoo!" call Choi Sonya.

He then stop and takes a sigh. Sonya walk up towards him, "You can study your lines with me," she suggested.

"I can read off the screen."

Why don't you want to study with me? I can help you memorize your line," she insist.

Jinsoo chuckle in disbelief. As he is about to walk off, one of the staff members handed him a list of idols they will interview. Jinsoo see's RosePetal listed amongst the handful of idols. Sonya walks over to his side to take a look at the list. She see's Everest also included in the list. She scoff scornfully.

Time is ticking and RosePetal are starting to worry since Sohee isn't back. Suddenly Sohee enters the waiting room.

"Sohee unnie," said Ara as she runs up to her.

"I'm fine. Let's do our interview."

 "Hello, we are the special MC's for todays event. I am Choi Sonya."

"And I am Jung Jinsoo. We have two special and talented girlgroups here with us."

Everest who hid kneeling down from the camera suddenly stood up appearing before the camera to surprise their fans.

"Tadaaa! Hellooo. We are Evererst," they greeted together.

RosePetal who is watching from the side enter the frame.

"We are RosePetal," the girls greeted.

Jinsoo is excited to see Song Nari. He tried to maintain his composure; however, he isn't sure if he could hide the big smile on his face. He didn't want to be the MC so that he can meet her backstage. But getting just a couple of minutes like this to see her overwhelm him with happiness. Nari quickly glance at him and since they're infront of the camera, she tried not to look at him often.

"Today, we will be singing our  title song "Only You," said Min Yoona.

"And RosePetal will be singing Black Knight," said Yoon Sohee.

"Only you is a song about how you only love one man regardless of who gets in the way," Yebin explain

Sonya scoff in disbelief going off the script. "How can anyone be so sure if the man never confess? It might just be a one-sided love, so there's no happy ending."

"Only you is a song about destiny. He will love her," Yebin fake a laugh awkwardly.

Back at the recording room, the staff members are in a panick as they go off script

"Ya, why are they going off script? This is filming live," said the producer in frustration.

"The views are going up? People love it," said a staff member.

Jinsoo who is trying to stay professional stuck with the script.

"Can you show up your point dance to Black Knight?" he ask the RosePetal members although  Sonya was supposed to ask that question.

"Yes"

The RosePetal then show a little bit of their dance.

"Wowww," clap Jinsoo and Sonya.

"Now let's see Everest's point dance," said Sonya as she goes back to the script.

Yebin who is standing on top the steps purposely miss a step while dancing so that she can fall into Jinsoo's arm since he is standing next to her. Kang Yebin was both trying to get his attention and to spite Choi Sonya since Sonya dare challenge her that her feelings for Jinsoo was one-sided.

"Ahh," she scream.

"Becareful," said Jinsoo as he catches her

"Thank you, the steps wasn't that high but I'll be careful next time. I'm so clumsy," giggle Kang Yebin.

Sonya scoffs in disbelief. "Wow, she really outdid herself," she mutter softly.

After the festival ended, Nari is waiting nearby for Jinsoo to finish MCing. Suddenly she see's Jinsoo getting off stage. Nari's heart is racing. She isn't sure if she should just go right up to him especially with so many people around. "I'll just pretend to be a friend," she decided as she takes a few breaths. However before she even had the chance to go to him, Jinsoo already saw her. "Song Nari?" he ask himself softly. He takes another look and realize it's her standing behind the wall. When Nari finally found the courage to come out from behind the wall, to her surprise he is already walking towards her. "Huh? What's going on?" she wonder as he abrutly stopped with a discomfort look on his face. He see's Kang Yebin coming from behind Nari.

"Jung Jinsoo," Yebin call him waving as she passes Nari.

"Oh, hello," he greets her.

"Thank you for catching me earlier,"

"Ah... It's nothing"

Choi Sonya who is barely getting off the stage comes from behind Jinsoo.

"Jung Jinsoo!"  Sonya call to him.

Jinsoo turns around and see's Sonya.

"I see you're with Kang Yebin," she said in surprise and grabs onto his arm.

Jinsoo lightly shrug her arms off him, "I have to go."

Suddenly Ji Youngbin approaches Nari.

"You... What are you doing here? Why aren't you with your members?" he ask Nari.

Jinsoo again finds himself abrutly stopping after seeing Youngbin approach her. Sonya chases after him and grabs his arm.

"Jinsoo," she call out to him again this time catching Ji Youngbin's attention.

"Why do he have to be here?" Sonya mumble after seeing Youngbin. 

Ji Youngbin quickly look away pretending not to have seen her and turn his attention back towards Nari.

"I didn't see you with your members so I came looking for you" said Youngbin

"I... I was just lost."

"Let's go out?" ask Youngbin.

Sonya is taken back. She couldn't believe that Youngbin is asking Nari out and she happen to be there to see it all. Nari look back towards Jinsoo who seen it all. Before she can reject Youngbin she is stop from Sonya's sudden confession to Jinsoo.

"Jung Jinsoo, I like you," confess Sonya although she doesn't actually have any feelings for him. After all, he is just a weapon for her to play with Kang Yebin's feelings.

"Ya! What do you think you're doing?" Yebin ask Sonya furiously and forces her hand off Jinsoo's arm. Jinsoo let out a chuckle in disbelief. He walks away ignoring his surroundings in anger.

"Jin..soo," Nari softly call out his name while he passes by her without even a glance.

Kang Yebin chases after him. Nari is left alone with Choi Sonya and Ji Youngbin.

"No.. I don't want to go out with you," Nari rejected Youngbin.

She then leaves. Ji Youngbin stood still with puzzle thoughts. He couldn't believe that he got rejected. Choi Sonya walks up towards Youngbin and snicker at him, "Why do I pity pathetic people like you?"

"Jung Jinsoo!" Kang Yebin call as she chases him down the hall. She grabs him by the hand, "Are you angry?"

Jinsoo chuckle again in frustration "Why are you playing with me?"

Yebin is taken back unsure of how to respond.

"I thought Sonya was in on it alone but I guess you join her game too!"

"What do you mean?"

"I know you purposely missed that step, I saw you." Jinsoo says in regards to her purposely falling for him to catch her. 

Yebin is taken back as she tries to come up with a reason after being found out, "I didn't do it on purpose. Sonya bully me so much. I was only trying to get her back. I won't do it again."

Jinsoo scoff in disbelief and he walks off. Yebin takes a deep sigh knowing she really messed up. "Stupid, stupid, stupid, " she called herself that repeatedly while hitting her head with her fist.

Nari sits in a daze while the girls are on their way back to Seoul. "He must be mad," she mumble. She shakes her head in confusion, "1..2..3.. Daebak, why is there so many girls around him?"

"Unnie, are you okay? You keep mumbling to yourself," said Nami.

"No... It's nothing," said Nari letting out a sigh.

Manager Kim who is driving the van takes a glance at Sohee who is asleep besides him on the passenger side. He have a lot in mind. A lot of unspoken words he kept to himself. He knew he will regret it but he wanted her to be happy. After the dropping the members off, he had convince them to let a tired Sohee continue sleeping in the vehicle. After everyone else left, Manager Kim shook her.

"Wake up"

Sohee rub her eyes.

"If you like him that much, I'll take you to go see him."

"Why?"

"Because you like him. I... I want you to be happy."

"Kim Do Jin, thank you." She lean over giving him a hug.

"Let's go to the hospital. His manager text me earlier."

Sohee nod happily.

Nari lay down on her bed after showering.

"Oh.. You finish showering already Unnie? I'll go shower now," said Ara. She grabs her towel and goes inside the bathroom. Nari is alone in the bedroom. She takes a deep sigh in confusion. She wonder if she should just blindly trust Jinsoo. She remembers Choi Sonya confessing her feelings to Jinsoo, and when he caught Kang Yebin from falling. She shakes her head. She suddenly gets up and grab a large jacket to wear.

"Unnie where are you going?" Nami ask Nari as she head towards the front door.

"It's stuffy. I'm getting fresh air," she said and hurriedly out the door.

Nari heads outside towards the coldnight. She rubs her eyes and stretches her arms out.

"Song Nari!"

Nari thought she heard Jinsoo call her name. "Ya, I must be crazy. Now I'm even hearing him call me," she snicker in anger.

"Song Nari," the voice call again.

She turns around and Jinsoo is hiding in the small gap between the two buildings.

"Ahhh," she scream in surprise after only seeing a dark figure.

Jinsoo slowly comes out into the light.

"Ya, what are you doing in the alley?"

"I came to see you."

"Why? I thought you were mad," she exageratedly scoff loudly in anger.

"It's true I was mad but I wasn't mad at you," he said letting out a sigh at the end of his sentence.

"Still... You were mad, and..." she then recall him just walking right pass her in anger, "you didn't even look at me."

"Sorry," he apologize looking down.

"You... You better be sorry," she pouts her lip unknowingly.

Jinsoo looks up and see's her adorable face. He let out a laugh.

"Ya! It's not funny," she said.

"Why are you so cute," he smile as he patted her head.

Suddenly all the anger and frustration went away. "What? What's this?" Nari wonder to herself as her heart begin to soften and flutter. He pull her in and embraces her in his arm. "Do you... want to go on a little getaway?"

"Huh?'

She suddenly pushes him, "Ya, I'm not easy!"

Jinsoo is taken by surprise, "What? That..That's not what I meant."

Nari is suddenly embarrass now that it seems like she's the erted one for even thinking that far.

"Still... If it's just you and I... Wouldn't it be natural?" Nari timidly ask while blushing. She unexpectedly started to hiccup. Nari doesn't know why she only hiccup everytime she gets nervous around Jinsoo.

Jinsoo smile as he lean in towards her. When his lips touch hers, he pulls her in closer and places his arms around her waist holding her tightly. Nari is at first hesistant but soon found herself embracing him into her arms as they go in for a deeper passionate kiss.