Feelings

The Flower in the Dark

Ara and Nari enter Sohee, Chaerim, and Nami's room. Sohee was on her single twin bed lying on her stomach quietly reading a book. Chaerim was sitting up on the bottom bunk touching the tablet. Nami was on the upper bump asleep.

"Aren't we going to watch weekly idol?" ask Nari.

Chaerim pauses the laptop and wakes Kim Nami up.

"Ya Kim Nami, wake up." she shake her. Nami rub her eyes as she sit up. "Is Weekly idol playing right now/"

"Yes," answer Ara.

The girls head out to the living room. They sit on the living room floor waiting for the commercials to finish playing.

"Song Nari, I saw an article about you, Moon Subin, and Outbreak today," said Chaerim.

"What kind of articles?" Nari bravely ask.

"Nothing much. Just that you and Subin had an awkward run in with the guys this afternoon."

Just then Weekly Idol begin playing. Coincidentally Outbreak happen to be the guest for this new episode.

"Daebak! We were just talking about them," said Nami impress.

"Unnie, what new drama are we watching after Weekly Idol?" ask Ara.

"Monster," answer Sohee.

"Who's the male lead?" ask Nami.

"Shin Leewon. Kang Yebin told me that," said Chaerim.

"They're in another drama together? This time they're the leads? Daebak!" ask an amaze Nari.

"Shhh", instructed Sohee who wanted to hear what was going on in Weekly idol.

Chaerim suddenly spits out the popcorn she is snacking on. "Ya... Did Kim Jaewon just name me as his ideal type?" she ask in shock.

"Isn't it ironic that they're asking Outbreak to choose between Kang Yebin and Choi Sonya as their ideal type?" scoff Nami.

"Shhh!" said Ara.

Nari takes a deep sigh in frustration after Jinsoo pick Kang Yebin as his ideal type. Nari still remember during Music Core when Jinsoo and Yebin past by her like they were strangers. Nari hate to admit it but she was actually jeolous. What bothers her the most was seeing him hold onto Kang Yebin's wrist and once realizing that she had seen it, he let's her wrist go. Nari couldn't help it but doubt their relationship.

"That's cruel to only give the boys two options. What if their ideal type is someone else?" ask Nari.

Chaerim giggle as she brag, "Not Kim Jaewon. He said I was his type. I think he must really like me."

"Shhhh," said Sohee.

"Are you saying Jinsoo...I mean... the rest of Outbreak don't like other female idols enough to call them out as their ideal type?" ask an aggitated Nari.

"Ofcourse."

"I think you're so full of yourself," scoff an irritated Nari.

"They're just picking their ideal type. Jinsoo might actually really like Kang Yebin. Since he picked her and the others chose Choi Sonya."

This made Nari even more frustrated. Their voices became louder and louder.

"They could've picked anyone, and the mc's could've given them more options."

"So if they threw your name in as one of the options do you think you will be pick?"

Nari hesitated for a second. "Ye..yes"

Chaerim chuckle in disbelief, "If they really like you, you would've been picked regardless if you are one of the options given or not!"

"What are you trying to say?" ask Nari.

"You're crazy. You can't even compete in terms of beauty with Kang yebin and Choi Sonya. So why would they pick you if given that option?"

The other members gasp in shock at Chaerim's cruel words towards Nari.

"Ya! Are you saying I'm ugly?" scoff Nari in anger.

Chaerim did not budge to answer.

"I guess you're so pretty that Kim Jaewon must really like you," scoff Nari.

"Ya! You two stop arguing," interfere Yoon Sohee.

"I need to poop!" storm off an angry Nari as she goes into her room and slam the door loudly

Yoon Sohee turn towards Chaerim, "Must you really say that?"

Without a word, and upset Chaerim goes into her room and slams the door too!

Nami shakes her head, "I should've just slept in."

After the argument Song Nami and Yoo Chaerim soon find themselves sitting across from eachother at a cafe nearby. At the tables in the very back of the cafe peaking from a distant was Yoon Sohee, Kim Nami, and Jang Ara.

"What do you think they're talking about?" ask Ara.

"They're always polar opposite," said Nami.

Chaerim take a sip of her coffee and place it down, "I'm sorry."

Nari shakes her head. She knew she was a bit agitated because of her own personal feelings towards Kang Yebin, "I'm sorry too!."

"I didn't mean to make you feel ugly. You're pretty. Infact you're prettier than me."

"No, I was just a little sensitive."

Chaerim burst into laughter, "This is such a stupid argument."

Nari let out a smile, "I agree."

The girls reconcile and gave eachother a hug. The three others join in with a big group hug.

The Outbreak members is riding in their van on their way back to the dorm from their company. Jinsoo couldn't stop looking at his phone after reading the articles. He really misses Song Nari. Although he got to see her that afternoon it wasn't enough.

"I'm so tired. What a day at the company," yawn Insoo.

"It's a good thing no scandal broke out," said Minhyun.

Suddenly something crazy hit Jinsoo.

"Manager Lee pull over."

"Hyung what are you doing?" ask Minhyun.

Manager Lee pull over following Jinsoo's demand.

"Give me Manager Kim's number," insist Jinsoo as he gets out the van.

"Are you crazy? It's 12 midnight," ask Jaewon.

"Yes I am."

"Why do you need Manager kim's number?" ask Minhyun.

"I owe him something," lied Jinsoo.

"Will you be okay?" ask Manager Lee

"Yes, I'll find my own way back."

"I will text you the number," said Manager Lee.

"Thank you."

The van drives off leaving Jinsoo behind.

Manager Kim comes running out of the apartment building to meet Jinsoo.

"It's already 1:30 AM. Are you crazy?"

"Give me RosePetal's address."

"Why? At this time?"

"I owe Song Nari something," said Jinsoo.

"Just give it to me. I'll give it to her tomorrow."

"I want to personally give it to her."

"But the girls are sleeping."

Jinsoo sigh as if a light bulb in his head just lit up, "Don't you guys live in the same apartment building?"

"How do you know?' ask a shock Manager Kim.

"I was just guessing. Just call her out for me."

"Ya! I already told you. She is sleeping."

Just ahead them appear RosePetal coming back from the cafe. Nari and Chaerim had just gotten done reconciling with one another. Before the girls got close enough to see Jinsoo and manager Kim standing out in front, Manager Kim pull Jinsoo between a small enough gap between the building.

"I thought you said they were sleeping?" whisper Jinsoo.

"I really thought they were. Why are they out so late at night?" wonder Manager Kim.

As the girls approaches the door to the buidling Manager Kim suddenly appear behind them. 

"Ya!" shouted Manager Kim.

The girls turn around behind them and see's him.

"Why aren't you ladies sleeping? You're still in the middle of promoting."

"I'm sorry Manager Kim. I'm responsible," said Sohee.

"No, it's my fault," interferred Nari.

"But Manager Kim, why are you out here?" ask Nami.

"I was waiting for you girls. Now let's go inside," said Manager Kim.

As the girls goes inside the buidling Manager kim suddenly stop Nari before she could go in.

"Stay out here for a bit," said Manager Kim.

Nari looks confuse as to why but didn't question him. Manager Kim enters the building leaving her outside alone.

"What?" scoff Nari standing outside alone.

"Where's Nari?" Sohee ask Manager Kim as they make their way back up to the apartment.

"I had her do some squats as punishment," gulp Manager Kim as he lie.

Sohee gasp worringly, "What? But it's late?"

"Don't worry, she won't be out for too long. I'll go get her in abit once I walk you ladies back to the apartment," insist Manager Kim.

As Nari stare confusingly directly at the door she takes a deep sigh. It was so cold she could see her breath. She begin rubbing her arms to keep herself warm. Suddenly someone comes from behind and wrap his arms around her. Nari's eyes widen in shock. It was the first time she ever recieved a back hug. A voice suddenly speak softly into her ear, "I miss you."

Nari recognizes the voice. Her heart dropped for a moment. She couldn't believe it as she is in utter shock. "Jung Jinsoo?" she asked.

Jinsoo spun her around. It is really him standing infront of her.

"What are you doing here?" she ask.

"Why are you out so late?"

"Ya, answer me first?" she demand.

"I miss you that's why."

Nari scoff as she does not believe him, "I don't believe you."

"I really do. I don't think you realize how much I like you."

 "I think I like you more," she shyly confess

Jinsoo was taken back by her confession. However, it made his heart flutter knowing she likes him that much. " I almost cause a scandal today because I miss you so much. The articles says it's a "Coincident Encounter" but it isn't. I just badly wanted to see you."

"You must be crazy. You're about to put our career at risks"

"I've been called crazy all day," chuckle Jinsoo. He notice Nari had her sleeves pull far enough to cover her hands like a glove to keep them warm. He grabs Nari's hand and starts blowing on them. "Outbreak is having a radio appearance this coming Monday. I'll be at the broadcasting station. Let's meet on Music bank's rooftop," suggest Jung Jinsoo.

"Ok," she agreed on meeting him. Suddenly out of curiousity she ask, "Uhm... How did you get here?"

"I walked," he answer.

"Do you want to die? It's freezing tonight."

"I called Manager Kim for directions."

"What? Did you tell him about us?"

"I told him I owe you something."

"Like what? Five dollars?"

Just then Manager Kims opens the door and Nari pushes Jinsoo in between the gap that Manager Kim hid him in earlier. Before manager Kim could say anything Nari called out, "I'll be right there."

Without a word Manager Kim goes back inside the building after hearing her. Nari turn back towards Jinsoo. To her surprise he leans over and gives her a quick peck on the lips. Nari is at loss for words from the sudden surprise. "I owe you this," he said softy to her as he pull away.

Nari's heart skipped a beat. She felt like her chest was about to burst open. Before she can say anything to him she began to hiccup. Nari was nervous as she begin to blush with her cheeks turning bright red . "Oh," Jinsoo points out her redness teasingly. "You're blushing," he said.

Nari quickly turn her back towards him to hide her face as she begin blushing.

"Did I kiss you too quickly? Should it have not been a peck? Next time should we do a deep kiss?" he ask regrettably.

"Ya! You're asking for too much," hesitated Nari. "That... That was my first kiss. What do you mean deep kiss?," she quickly cover . 

"Was it too much?" he wonder.

"It's cold and plus it's late. You should get going," said a fluster Nari.

Jinsoo chuckle at her being fluster. He thought it was quite cute. "Let me watch you go inside first. I'll leave after."

Nari walk towards the door, she turns around as they wave their goodbye. Once Nari is inside the building she see's Manager Kim standing by his apartment door. He live across from the girls.

"What was that about? Why is Jinsoo meeting you in the middle of the night?"

"Ahh.. He owes me 5 dollars that's all."

"Huh? Five dollars?" ask a shock Manager Kim.

"He's... How should I explain this? Uhmm. I guess he's not fully there?"

Nari quickly head into the girls dorm to avoid any other questions Manager Kim have.

Later in bed, both Nari and Jinsoo laid in bed with thoughts about the kiss in their head. Jinsoo slowly places his fingers on his lip as he let out a faint smile. Nari can still remember that moment and the feelings she felt. She giggle to herself waking Ara up. Nari roll over towards Ara facing her direction. "Unnie," Ara call with a shaky voice.

"Yes?"

"Are your eyes open?"

"Yes"

"Okay, just making sure. Your face looks scary in the dark."

"Go to sleep," said Nari.

"Okay," answer Ara.

Monday came and RosePetal is promoting at Music Bank. Nari had come early to the roof top as she waited for Jinsoo. In her hand was a neck pillow with the alien emoji that he wanted during their first date. Jinsoo was still busy on the radio show with the Outbreak Members. Nari waited and waited and waited... It felt like he will never come. After the radio show was done Jinsoo rushes over to the rooftop. He see's Nari waiting. She is staring into the sky without realizing that he had come. Jinsoo tap her shoulders from behind. Nari turns around and see's him. "What's this?" he ask seeing the pillow in her hand.

"It's for you," she hand the neck pillow over.

"You really got it for me?" he ask in a surprise tone. He grabs the neck pillow and places it around his neck. "It's comfortable."

Nari bites her bottom lip nervously, "It's your Christmas gift."

"But I didn't prepare a gift for you," said Jinsoo feeling guilty.

"It's okay. That pillow was only a couple of dollars. I lost 5 dollars to that crane game so it's no big deal."

" I guess I really owe you five dollars," chuckle Jinsoo. "You don"t have a phone do you?"

"No, my company placed a cellphone ban on on our contract."

Jinsoo hands her a note with his number written on it.

"I thought so. We should meet up outside of work often. Give me a call sometimes," insist Jinsoo.

Nari didn't say a thing and put the note with his number into her pocket.

'Or should I call you?" he suggest.

"How?"

"I can call you through Manager Kim's phone."

"YA!"

"I'm just kidding. But your promotion should be ending soon. Let's go on another date? In a a few more days we'll be dating for one year. We should do  something together since you're my girlfriend."

It was the first time he had call her his girlfriend. Nari stutter as she repeated the word right after, "Girl.. girlfriend?"

"Ya, why are you so stiff? You should get use to calling me your boyfriend too."

Suddenly Jinsoo's phone rang. He picks up the call and it was manager Lee. After hanging up the call Jinsoo looks over towards Nari. "I have to go."

After meeting Jung Jinsoo on the rooftop she heads back towards the waiting room.

"Where is Yoon Sohee and manager Kim?" Nari ask the two maknaes.

"Manager Kim and Yoon Sohee left togther. But I am unsure where they went," said Nami.

(Time Skip)

RosePetal's promotion finally ended in mid January, and this year's November would be RosePetal's third year in the industry. The members went out grocery shopping with Manager Kim. After a while they split into two teams. Nari, Nami, and Chaerim paired up and was in charge with getting seafood from the night market. Manager Kim, Yoon Sohee, and Are went inside a grocery store near by to get meat in the store and necessities. Ara who is walking behind Sohee and Manager Kim was observing them from behind. She can see that everytime Manager Kim's hand accidentally touches Sohee's he became nervous. "He definitely likes her," mutter Ara as she recall the incident in the car when Manager Kim held onto Sohee's hand thinking everyone else was asleep. Sohee turn around and ask if there was anything Ara needed, "Do you need anything?"

"No," answer Ara.

As Ara continue to observe she can see the extra care Manager Kim put towards Sohee. He wouldn't let her carry anything, and protected her from bumping into other people as he shied her with his arms while Ara was shove into a couple of time in the crowded busy grocery store.

"I'm going to check if I want anything in this isle," call Ara as she turn into another isle.

"Okay," shouted Yoon Sohee.

Manager Kim and Sohee is now left together.

"Are you really going on a date with Na Joowon?" ask Manager Kim.

"Yes"

"If he calls, I'm no longer allowing you to use my phone."

"Why?"

"Are you really interested in him?" ask Manager Kim who is feeling a bit jealous.

"No," she then chuckle and confess, "Yes.. Just a little."

Yoon Sohee giggle as she gently shoulder bump him teasingly.

"Ya, I'm you manager not your friend," said a frustrated Manager Kim trying to keep his composure.

"But before you became my manager we were friends. What should I wear for the date?" ask Sohee excitedly.

Manager Kim was hesitant to answer. He clear his throat first before taking a deep breath, "Did you forget the no dating contract?"

"The contract will be lifted this year anyways."

"Do you really have to go?" ask a worried and hurt Manager Kim.

"Yes"

Once back at RosePetal's dorm the girls are prepping dinner with the grocery they had just bought. Manager Kim is cutting the pork belly with thoughts of Yoon Sohee going on her date when he accidentally cuts his finger. "Ah!"

Sohee rushes over to him from the stove and puts his finger in the blood from his cut. "You have to be careful," she said and places a napkin nearby over his finger. She open the kitchen cabinet and grab a first aid kit. She remove the napkin and wrap the bandaid around his finger. The RosePetal members was all present to have seen everything; however, seeing this kind of relationship between Yoon Sohee and Manager Kim is pretty normal.

"Ya, what are you guys doing? Just date will ya?" tease Nari.

"So cringy," said Nami.

"He's our manager, we should always take good care of him," said Sohee.

Chaerim pretends to puke teasingly, "Just date. We can't take it anymore."

The members laugh as they teasingly joke about Sohee and Manager Kim.

"How can they date if he's our manager? He will get fire because that's against his contract," said a worry Ara

"It's a joke. Don't take it seriously," said Nari.

Nami and Chaerim nodded in agreement with Nari. Ara didn't respond or say anything back. Although she knew they were kidding she couldn't help herself but to speak the truth. Since she know how Manager Kim really feels towards Yoon Sohee. Jang Ara'a word really had Manager Kim in deep thoughts. He is reminded again why he cannot be with Yoon Sohee. He quietly turn his back against the members facing the stove. He takes a deep breath trying to find strength to have his emotions under control. After cooking , the table is set and everyone is eating. Suddenly Manager Kim recieve a text message. Na Joowon have sent a text message to Yoon Sohee through Manager Kim's phone since there is cell phone restrictions. Manager Kim hand Sohee the phone after looking to see who it was. "Your mother call," lied Manager Kim.

Sohee taken by surprise leave with the phone  to take the call in private. Manager Kim who have lost his appetite gets up from the table. "Where are you going Manager Kim?" ask Chaerim.

"I have to go."

He leaves the dorm with his head down. The girls notice the strange atmosphere and tension in the room.

"Why do I feel like we did something and it upset him?" ask Nami.

A few days later Kang Yebin is getting her hair done at the salon. Her own personal manager comes by to tell her she has to make a TV appearance on Happy Together for the "friendship" special. "What? Why do I have to be on the same show as her?"

"Choi Sonya suggested that it had to be you on the show with her," explain the manager.

"Why should I?"

"Aren't you guys friends? she ask as she lend her phone to Kang Yebin to see the photo Sonya had posted on instagram. It was the picture that Nari had taken of Yebin and Sonya during Music Core's backstage.

Kang Yebin angrily put the phone down. "This stupid picture?" she scoff.

"Yes."

"Give me Choi Sonya's number," she demanded

After awhile she somehow manage to find Sonya's phone through acquintances.

"Ya, why should I be on the show with you as your best friend?" ask an angry Yebin over the phone.

Sonya chuckle on the other line finding the situation funny. "You wanted to play me at the drama awards. You wanted to make the world believe that we're friends. I'm just giving you what you asked for."

"YAAAA!" Kang yebin shouted loudly over the phone.

"I don't usually make appearances on variety shows. But how about we display our special friendship to the world?" laugh Sonya.

Kang Yebin hangs up the phone and throws it down frustratingly. She calls her CEO trying to cancel her appearance with no success. "This is Choi Sonya we're talking about. She's the one who suggested you. Do you know how much impact she will bring to our company?" said the CEO. 

Choi Sonya call the producer of Happy Together after hanging up with Kang Yebin. "I also have someone else in mind that I want to suggest on this special. Jung Jinsoo. Can you also keep the guest appearance confidential from eachother? I would really appreciate that." After making the call with the producer Choi Sonya let out an evil smirk. "This will be fun."

Ceo Hwang call Jung Jinsoo into his office. Jinsoo enters and sits in the seat across from CEO Hwang. "Happy Together want you to make an appearance. Do you have any celebrity friends you want to bring with you on the show?"

(Time Skip)

On the day of Happy Together Choi Sonya had arrive first. She was sitting in the waiting room all the guest will be using. Sonya sit with her legs cross as she is excited to see the expression on Kang Yebin's face once Jung Jinsoo arrive. After awhile Kang Yebin arrived. Kang Yebin stomp her way to the furthest seat from Sonya without a word. She sits down in one of the chair. After minutes of silence Jung Jinsoo finally arrive. Kang Yebin's widen from shock. "Jung Jinsoo?" she call softly. Jinsoo is surprise to see the two of them. He wasn't expecting Sonya and Yebin to be the other guest. Sonya scoff in amazement. That was the exact look she wanted to see on Kang Yebin's face. Suddenly to Sonya's surprise enter Ji Youngbin. He was the friend Jinsoo wanted to bring along to the friendship special. Sonya's smile slowly faded away. Youngbin's eyes quiver as he see's Choi Sonya who he thought he would never meet in person again.