The Beginning

The Flower in the Dark

Idols stood gather together at the end of a music show as they waited for the winner of the nominess to be announced. Amongst the many idols stood Song Nari as she watches from the back. She stood on her toes trying to get a glance over the idols standing infront of her. The MC announces Outbreak as the winner. Song Nari was filled with excitement; however, at the same times with frustrated mix feelings. As Outbreak gave their winning speech, Nari then realized she couldn't congratulate him. She wanted the leader of Outbreak's Jung Jinsoo to atleast notice her. But there was too many cameras, and too many idols between them for him too even see her. It's been a while now since she seen him. She couldn't even hold his hands, hold him in her arms, and yet interact with him as there was too many eyes. He was such a huge star.

"He won't even look at me. He's too busy." She thought and puts her head down.

Just then Jung Jinsoo walks by her and grasped her hand for a quick second as he let go just as quickly. Nari's heart pounded. She knew then he was watching her. He wanted to comfort her. Jinsoo had quickly passed the mic to s, walked towards the back, grabbed Naris hand as he passes her and began talking to an idol friend who was standing left towards Nari's direction. Nari watches him silently from afar. Her tears ran down her cheeks. She was emotionally happy.

Even his smallest gesture of reassuring her made her heart race. No one noticed, and no one saw it. But none of that matter. Nari and her members RosePetal and other Idols began walking off the stage while Outbreak performed their title song for their win. As Nari took the steps down back stage she kept looking over her shoulders.

"I want to go back when I can still feel your embrace. This idle life of an idol of mine brings lonely existence to such a beautiful love that it have become cruel. The affection that I once feel now only bring me sorrow and bitter loneliness. His absence have suffocated me. How his smile made me fall for him that no longer exist. His scent that now only linger in my memories. The man who used to make me smile. I miss you Jung Jin-soo."

5 years ago...

RosePetal is rehearsing for their debut stage at Music Bank. During practice on stage the girls couldn't stop smiling from excitement. They couldn't believe it. They were finally debuting after training for so many years. After their rehearsal the girls are waiting off the side of the stage for further instructions when Outbreak, a rookie boy group who debuted only a few days earlier passes by them for their stage rehearsal. RosePetal watch from aside for a few seconds impressed by the rookie group.

"Wow they're amazing," said Jang Ara

" I think they will make it big," chime in Kim Nami who is the most observant on the boy rookie group Outbreak.

"From a small company? If they make it then I hope we can too!" said an excited Yoo Chaerim.

"Come on ladies we have to go get ready for the live performance," call Yoon Sohee the leader of RosePetal.

As RosePetal walk away from the stage, Song Nari who had kept quiet glance over her shoulders to Outbreak's Jung Jinsoo. She quickly look away and continue on walking back towards their waiting room with the rest of her members. Once RosePetal enter their waiting room, they couldn't stop jumping in excitement. They gather in a circle jumping with excitement and laughter.

"U really can't believe it," said an ecstatic Jang Ara with disbelief.

"Me neither," said Sohee.

Another girl group who debuted a year before RosePetal enters the waiting room. The two group was sharing the small waiting room. RosePetal greeted their sunbaes with a bow.

RoesPetal: Hello we are RosePetal

"I am Yoon Sohee, RosePetal's leader. Nice to meet you"

Everest: Hello we are Everest. Nice to meet you all.

"Congratulation on your debut. I am Everest's leader, Min Yoona."

After the introduction, Song Nari snuck off to the rooftop to get some fresh air before the group's performance. "Oh my god!" Nari squeeled in excitement for her debut. Jung Jinsoo who is also on the rooftop could hear someone laughing in excitement nearby. He peek over to the other side of the wall and see's Nari jumping in excitement and squeeling. He scoff in laughter seeing her silliness. He appear from behind the wall standing a few feet away from behind her.

"Congrats on your debut. You must be excited," said Jinsoo.

Nari hear a man's voice from behind her. She is both shock and embarrazz. She turns around and see's a tall, handsome, and well proportion man standing before her. Nari paused in embarrassment before trying to play it off as she is unbother.

"Who are you?" she ask

"I just saw you a few hours earlier. You don't recall?"

She thought for a bit and then shook her head. "No I don't recall."

"I am Outbreak's leader Jung Jinsoo. You guys did your rehearsal right before we did."

She suddenly recall he he was after he mention Outbreak, "Oh yes now I remember. You guys are our sunbae by a few days. Your dance is really cool."

Jinsoo chuckle, "You seem very excited. Especially jumping and laughing to yourself.Why are you here?"

"Why can't I?"

"You were very loud. I couldn't concentrate on my writing because of you. You're not crazy are you?"

Nari couldn't believe it what she was hearing. This guy sounded arrogant she thought. "Ya! I don't know you enough for you to call me crazy you bastard. Why can't I come here? You don't own this rooftop," she spoke to him informally. Nari walk past him to get back into the building when she randomly and suddenly trips over her own leg. Jinsoo catches her in his arm stopping her fall before she could hit the ground. Her eyes widen in shock as it is the first time she was ever so close to a man.

"Are you okay?" he ask.

"This arrogant bastard," she said with a scoff and pushes him off her before running back into the building. Her heart was beating fast from embarrassment. Sohee finds Nari by the staircase to the rooftop. She had been looking for her since their debut stage will be starting in minutes.

"Where were you? Let's go!" said a frustrated Sohee. "Manager Kim and I have been looking every where for you."

Jinsoo looks down on the ground and by his feet he see's a bracelet. "She must have dropped it," Jinsoo wonder and picked up the bracelet.  After RosePetal's debut stage, the girls cried back stage and in their waiting room. They are overwhelm in happiness and only tears could fill their smiles. "We did it. We finally debuted!" cried Sohee. The girls got together and formed a group hug. Everest who was sharing the same room came by to congratulate the girls. Jinsoo stood outside the girls waiting room contemplating whether or not if he should knock. Just then the other Outbreak members and their manager came by.

"Hyung let's go," said Insoo.

Jinsoo looks down into his hand, and in his palm is the bracelet Nari had dropped. Jinsoo was about to hang the bracelet onto the door knob when Kang Yebin from Everest open the door. In a hurry Jinsoo had no time to explained. He grabbed her hands and placed the bracelet into her palm leaving in a hurry to catch up with s. Yebin look down into her hand, seeing that he had gift her an item. She closes the door and head back towards the Everest members. As it turned out, RosePetal had already left the music station and it was now only Everest using the room. Hyeri notice something in Yebin's hand. 

"What's that?" asked Hyeri.

Yebin shrug, "I don't know"

"Who gave it to you?" ask Sooyoung

"Some newly debuted Idol boy gave it to me."

"Who is it?" ask Yoona.

"Outbreak's Jung Jinsoo," said Yebin

"I think its a love confession," giggle Hyeri.

RosePetal is in their van on the way back to the company when Nari finally take notice that her bracelet is missing. Shock she began searching for her bracelet desperately in the van just incase she might had dropped it.

"What are you looking for?" ask Sohee

"My bracelet is gone," said Nari while frantically searching.

"You lost it?" gasp Kim Nami.

Nari places her hand over her face in disbelief realizing it is not in the vehicle.The girls felt sympathetic towards her since they knew how much she cherish that bracelet.

"Nari Unnie. you worked so hard making it. We'll help you make a new on," said Ara.

(Few Days Later)

Back in Everest's Dorm, Kang Yebin lay in bed with her arms up towards the ceiling. In her hand is the bracelet. She stare at the accessory with thoughts of Jinsoo in her head. She wondered if he really was an admirer. Hyeri who is her roommate notice Yebin's constant staring at the bracelet.

"Unnie, Why do you keep looking at the bracelet? Do you like him?" ask Hyeri

"No. I'm just curious what his intentions are."

"well, I think he likes you. Plus he's handsome and tall," said Hyeri

(Time Skip)

It is RosePetal's first time in Inkigayo. The girls are there to perform for the music show. Nari notice Outbreak down the hall. Embarrass to run into Jung Jinsoo , she cower her head trying to avoid eye contact and passes them. She power through the crowded hallways looking down towards her feet. She suddenly bump into someone's chest. She notice a male's feet. She quickly look up to see that it was Jinsoo she had bumped into. "Ahhhhh," shouted a shock Nari. Her surprised scream shocked him and had people turning their head over towards their direction to look.She covers both hand over after realizing she attracted unwanted attention. Jinsoo notice her bare wrist. Before she could try passing him, he grab her wrist and pull down her sleeves. Nari is confuse as to why he did that  now thinking he is not only arrogant but also a flirt. However, Jinsoo was only trying to confrim if the bracelet had been return to her. Just as quickly he took hold of her wrist pulling down her sleeve, Nari pull away. She rushes past him and toward her members. Minhyun who witness the entire interaction walks over to Jinsoo.

"Hyung, What was that about?"

"I am just trying to confirm somethinh," said Jinsoo. He walks off leaving behind a confuse Minhyun.

RosePetal entered their waiting room. As the girls settle down in their waiting room, Outbreak suddenly enter their waiting room. The RosePetal members are flustered to see a male group. The entire situation was unexpected as both groups look uneasy towards the situation.

"Ladies I know this sound ridiculous but Outbreak will be sharing this room with us until they get the situation figure out." said Manager Kim.

"What about Araya?" ask Sohee. Araya is another new rookie group who debuted a few months ahead. However, they come from one of the top agencies making them a household name.

"They won't be here today. This is the only room available so the Outbreak members will be sharing this room with you for now," said Manager Kim.

"But we're girls," said a worried Ara.

" Super star Choi Sonya will be using Outbreak's room for now," said Manager Lee who is Outbreak's manager.

RosePetal gasped in shock. They couldn't believe they are in the same building as Goddess Sonya.

"I am Outbreak's manager. You can call me Manager Lee. Sorry for the inconvenient. The staff said they'll figure out a solution so until then please bare with us."

Outbreak: Hello. We're Outbreak. (Greet)

RosePetal greeted while introducing themself. "Hello. We are RosePetal." Nari couldn't believe they are sharing a room. She thought the situation is ridiculous as she has never heard anything like it before. Nari was trying so hard to avoid him earlier, and now that they're in the same room, she just wanted to run off and hide. Jinsoo look over to Nari as she turns away trying to avoid the awkwardness between them and the entire situation. He chuckle knowing she is trying very hard to avoid him. "Haven't we met before?" He purposely asked. Nari is taken back and flustered. "Nice to meet you. I am Song Nari." She play it off pretending to have never personally met him. However, Jinsoo was not having it as he continue to put her on the spot to embarrass her.

"You don't remember me? We met on the rooftop of Music Bank."

Nari is embarrass. She wonder why he have to bring up meeting him infront of her members and Outbreak. "What is wrong with this guy?" she thought.

"Unnie, you know him?" ask a surprise Ara.

"Ye...Yes"

"No... I don't know her," said Jinsoo with a smirk.

Again he embarrassed her. Nari just wanted to rip that cocky smirk off his face. After the introduction, Outbreak settle into the room. Jinsoo was writing lyrics into his notebook while the RosePetal members are getting their makeup done. Nari can see him sitting in the back of the room through the reflection from mirror infront of her. "What is he? A player? Why is he playng with me?" Nari thought to herself in frustration. She glared at him through the mirror. Jinsoo look up from his notebook and can see her glaring at him from the reflection. Nari quickly look away once she notice he can see her glaring at him. After a few seconds she take another peak and see's him writing in his notebook again. Kim Jaewon comes by and sit beside Jinsoo.

"Can I see?" he ask JInsoo.

Jinsoo hand over his notebook to Jaewon. Jaewon scanned through the lyrics.

"Not bad," said Jaewon.

Jinsoo suddenly gets up without a word and walk over towards the RosePetal members who are getting their makeup done. He first stood behind Chaerim and made his way down toward Nari.

 "Are you curious?" ask Yoon Sohee.

"Yes. How long does it usually takes for girls to get their make up done?" ask Jinsoo.

"Same as male idols. It all depend on your concept. I'm putting this lip gloss on Nari's lip. Do you want to try?" ask the make-up artist.

Nari is taken back at the unexpected situation. "Sure," agreed Jinsoo as he grabs the gloss, and turned her direction towards him. He stare directly at her face. The RosePetal members stood from their seat to watch along with the Outbreak members. Jinsoo twisted the lid open. As he move slowly towards her, Nari can feel her heart pounding like crazy from nervousness. The closer he came the faster her heart beated. He places the gloss over he lips lightly. He whispered to her as his breath tickle her ear. "How is it?" he ask her in a soft voice. Hespun her chair around back towards the mirror so that she could see herself.

"Not bad for a first timer," nodded the make-up artist with a nod.

The other members applauded and complimented him. Nari look into her reflection and presses her lips together. Sohee places her hand on Nari's shoulder. "It looks pretty good. Not too overly done too!" complimented Sohee. "He's definitely a player," thought Nari.

After awhile Jinsoo and Jaewon had left to use the restroom; however, on their way back they went separate ways because Jinsoo needed to go back to their previous waiting room to get a sweater he had left behind. Kang Yebin of Everest is peeking through the crack between the door of Sonya's waiting room. She wanted to greet the Goddess Choi Sonya since she is Yebin's biggest Idol. After debating for sometime she found enough courage to greet her senior. She lightly knock on the door.

"Excuse me," said a nervous Kang Yebin taking a few steps into the room. She greeted her with a bow while Sonya is still getting her make-up done.

"I am Kang Yebin from Everest. I am your biggest fan," Yebin continue.

Sonya turn around towards Yebin and she roll her eyes out of annoyance.

"Ugh... Who let this nobody in? Manager Ahn didn't I tell you to not let anyone bother me!!!!!" shouted an annoyed Sonya.

Yebin flinched out of surprise. Sonya gets up from the vanity and makes her way to  Kang  Yebin. She see's an Everest CD in her hand.

"You want to give me that stupid CD?" Sonya ask with a scoff.

"Ye... Yes," hesitated Yebin.

Sonya yank the CD out of Kang Yebin's hand and throw's it to the floor.

"Get out of here," demanded Sonya while pointing towards the door. 

"Sunbaenim," call out Kang Yebin in shock.

As Jinsoo is walking toward the room to retrieve his sweater he can hear ruckus coming from the room. He takes a peak and see's Sonya raising her hand toward Yebin.

"GET OUT! Manager Ahn get her out!!!!!" Sonya yell hysterically. She raises her hand to slap Yebin when Jinsoo interfere and grab her by the arms stopping her.

"Who are you!?" scoff Sonya

Jinsoo didn't utter a word and he glare at her. He takes Kang Yebin by the hand, grab his sweater, and guided her out of the room. Yebin couldn't believe what she was seeing. He is her savior. She suddenly burst into tears.

"Are you okay?"

He let go of her hand and began checking if she had any injuries.

"Stay way from crazy people like Sonya. I had no idea what kind of monster she was. You should go find the other Everest members. I have to go," he said leaving in a hurry with the sweater in his hand.

Yebin watches Jinsoo from behind until he was out of her sight. At the end of the stage, RosePetal, Outbreak, and Everest all share the ending stage with other idols as they waited for the winners to be announce. Yebin couldn't shake off what happened. All she can see after the incident is Jung Jinsoo. He have this beaming light coming down on him. Her heart race as she realizes he suddenly look different. "He's so beautiful," thought Yebin. Choi Sonya is announce as the winner. Sonya smile brightly and gave her winning speech. While idols gather around her to congradulate her win, Nari thought it would be a good idea to congratulate her too! The RosePetal members agreed. Jinsoo see's RosePetal give their greetings to Sonya. Everest also wanted to congratulate her. However, Yebin is still upset about her experience with Sonya and left the stage before her members even realize that she was gone. "Where is Kang Yebin Unnie?" wondered Sooyoung.

(Time Skip)

Yebin is lying on her bed thinking about Jinsoo. She takes out the bracelet and smile as her heart flutters. Hyeri is making her bed beside Yebin.

"I think he likes me," said Yebin.

"Huh?"

Kang Yebin smile lightly as she turn over to Hyeri. "I said, I think Jung Jinsoo likes me."

Back at Choi Sonya's aprtment, she is flipping through the channel in bed. Manager Ahn is trying to get Sonya to eat as she had been starving herself lately.

"Sonya please eat something," beg Manager Ahn.

"I don't want to."

"You cannot starve like this. It's not good for you."

"I am not eating. What don't you understand? I have a shoot tomorrow. I don't want to look bloated."

"You fainted earlier today on set because of starvation. PLease Sonya," Manager Ahn continue on begging.

Sonya burst into laughter. "Why should I do what everyone always want me to do? Please leave me alone. I want to breathe."

"Please Sonya,"

She pushes the tray of food set beside her bed down in frustration. "Leave me alone!" she shouted again. "I'll go get something to clean this mess," said manager Ahn who left in a hurry. Choi Sonya flip the chanel again and stop on Inkigayo of Outbreak's performance. She see's Jung Jinsoo on tv. She scoff in disbelief, "So that was who he is? A leader of a nobody group."

(Time Skip)

RosePetal's promotional period for their debut was ending. They ran into Everest in the hallway of Music Bank.

"It was great meeting you ladies," said Sooyoung of Everest.

"Same here. I hope we can continue meeting eachother with good feelings," said Yoo Chaerim.

 "Same here. Let's catch up outside of work also," insist Kang Yebin.

While Yebin pull her hand up to move her hair behind her ear, Nari thought she had seen her bracelet on Yebin's Wrist. Yebin excuses herself to the ladies room. Nari followed after. After using the restoom the two ladies stood side by side to wash their hands. Again, Nari see's the bracelet.She is sure it was hers since it is one of a kind. Nari made that bracelet herself.

"Nice bracelet. How did you get it?" ask Nari

"It was a gift. I have an admirer amongst one of the idols," said Yebin.

"I see," Nari looks down frustrated. She wonder how she can ask for the bracelet back without hurting Yebin's feelings. Just then Yebin held her wrist up in clear view to brag about the bracelet.

"Jung Jinsoo gave it to me."

"Jung Jinsoo?" ask Nari.

Now she truly believe Jinsoo might just be a cheap bastard. "How dare he take her bracelet and gift it to someone else?" she thought to herself. All she can think about was negative thoughts of Jinsoo. That he is a cheap bastard, a thief, a flirt, and a player.

Nari clear and decided to clarify who's bracelt that belongs to. "That bracelet is actually mines," she said.

"Do you like Jung Jinsoo?" ask Kang Yebin disregarding what Nari had just said.

"Huh," a confused Nari's eyes widen in shock. "The skin on this woman is really thick." thought Nari.

"Jinsoo oppa gave it to me. I think you are mistaken," said Yebin as she walks out the restroom leaving Nari speechless.

The bracelet was something Nari cherished. She made it for her dying grandma. "Wow, daebak!" Nari said to herself still in disbelief. After the restroom incident Nari snuck out to the rooftop to get some fresh air. "Ahhhhhh!!" shouted a frustrated Nari. She couldn't believe how ridiculous the situation had become. She blames it on Jung Jinsoo.

"Ya, you stupid idiot Jung Jinsoo!" she yell while cursing him.

 Coincidentally Jinsoo happen to be writing lyrics on the rooftop. He peeked over and sees Nari screaming and stomping around strangely. She starts mumbling something silently to herself. "She's a strange one," said Jinsoo to himself. Nari turn around and see's Jinsoo standing behind her with his notebook open. She marches towards him and throws his notebook down. Jinsoo continues to stare at her cluelessly.

"What are you doing?" he ask

"You just shut up. I hate you. I can not stand you," she yell at him.

Nari walks past him and somehow twist her ankle falling and skidding her knees. Jinsoo runs over to give her a hand. Nari pushes his arms away and pull herself back up. However, she fell again after trying to take a step. "I think you sprain your ankle," said a worried Jinsoo. "I don't need your help." said Nari pushing him away again. She get back up on her own and began limping back towards the building. Once Nari enter the building she try walking regularly but her ankle hurts. Manager Kim was looking for Nari. He finds her limping in the hallway.

"Why do you keep running off? You never listen. RosePetal is performing in 10 minutes."

He notices her knees. Manager gasped in shock, "What happened?"

"I fell but I'm fine," said Nari.

Jinsoo watches from backstage while RosePetal perform their live stage. Worried he kept his eyes on Nari. He can see her sweating profusingly as she resisted the pain. Insoo comes by and finds Jinsoo watching the performance from the side of the stage.

"Hyung, what are you doing here?" ask Han Insoo.

"Let's go," said Jinsoo.

The two walk back into their waiting room where both Minhyun and Jaewon is with their manager. "We'll be leaving in 30 minutes for a fan meeting," announce manager Lee. Without a word Jinsoo walks over to his luggage and pull out some bandage and ointment.

"Jinsoo Hyung, where are you going? Are you hurt," ask Jeon Minhyun.

"No", Jinsoo answered in a hurry and left. After RosePetal's performance Nari requested to use the restroom. In the toilet stall, she check her ankle to find it bruise and swelling. She tries placing her left leg down with pressure but it is too painful. She limp out of the restroom and see's Jinsoo leaning against the wall waiting for her.

"Let me see"

He knelt down to check her injury; however, Nari pushes him away. "I am fine," she insisted.

"No you're not."

Again she resisted his help as he tries to check. "I'm fine!" Nari insisted again and tries to leave. Jinsoo pushes Nari against the wall and kneel down once again.

"Stay still." he demanded. This time Nari comply. He slipped off her shoe, and pull down her sock that was covering the bruise.He gently places the ointment on her ankle and bandage it. He pull her sock back up and put her shoe back on. Nari wandered what his intentions were. "What are you?" she asked him.

"Huh?"

"Are you like this to every women you meet?" she chuckle

"What do you mean?"

He stood back up.

"You must be a player," she said

Jinsoo chuckled in disbelief, "What? What makes you think that?

"Are you dating Kang Yebin from Everest?"

Jinsoo burst into laughter in disbelief. "Wow, you're really messed up in the head. After I helped you... (speechles) You..really are something else." Jinsoo places his both hands on his hip. "I don't even know her."

 She couldn't trust Jinsoo's words. Instead she would rather believe Kang Yebin since she knew Yebin slightly better. How dare he deny knowing her. For sure they both could be in a "SOME" relationship thought Nari even if they are not official.

"I don't want anything  to do with you after all...(Says it in her head: 'You must be a player.")

"Really! I don't even know her. Why do I feel like a boyfriend who's getting in trouble for being unfaithful?" he ask her.

"You shouldn't steal too! You shouldn't live like that," she lecture him.

Just the thought of losing her bracelet anger her. Especially knowing that it was Jinsoo who gave her bracelet away.

"Now I'm a theif?" scoff Jinsoo in disbelief.

Without a word Nari limp past him. Jinsoo couldn't process exactly what just happened. Something was off about their conversation. He couldn't pinpoint why she would think he steal, and accussed him of having a relationship with Kang Yebin.

The next day Nari is making a new beaded bracelet for her grandma in RosePetal's dorm. After all, Kang Yebin have no intentions of returning it. Manager Kim comes by and tell Nari to take a call that came inf or her. She gets up and her leg gave in before she can take the phone. Her members rush over as she loses strength in her leg.

"Song Nari!" call out Chaerim worry.

Nami notices Nari's bruised up ankle. Nari tries to hide it but Nami stops her. "When did you hurt yourself?"

"Yesterday."

Sohee gasp in shocl, "You danced with a bruised up ankle? You should be more careful. Why didn't you tell us?"

"It's fine. Promotion ended. You guys don't have to worry," insist Nari.

She takes the phone and head off to the bedroom to talk in private with her family members. Her eyes glisten in sadness after hearing the news that her grandmother past away.

Time passes by, soon Outbreak's debut promotion also ended. Both groups next comeback also did not overlap. Ten months passes by since the last time Nari had run into Jinsoo. It is now September, almost a year since their debut. However, the next meeting came unexpectedly. OutBreak's Jung Jinsoo, and Kim Jaewon came as their group's representative for the romantic Idol show call Idol School. Song Nari and Yoo Chaerim happen to be participants of the show. Before the show started, the girls coincidentally ran into Everest Kang Yebin and Min Yoona.

"It's great seeing you ladies again," said Yoona.

"We're happy to meet Everest here," said Chaerim.

"I"ll give you my number later. Let's meet up sometimes," insist Kang Yebin

Nari is standing in the back quietly while Yoo Chaerim greet the two Everest members when she hear a familiar voice behind her. She turns around and see's Jung Jinsoo.