CHAPTER 09

The Sun, The Moon & Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tzuyu met Sana when she was on the vacation with her family in Japan. She was initially reluctant to play with other kids because it’s the first time she’s away from her best friend, Chaeyoung. She was already 8 years old that time but she’s still dependent to the baby cub. Although they were both quiet, Chaeyoung can easily interact to others but just chose not to since she’s often in her own world while Tzuyu really can’t even if she wants to, not that she wants to, because she’s very shy.

Tzuyu and her family was on the park, she was just sitting on the bench, watching the other kids play around while her parents are buying some ice cream. Sana approached her but she can’t understand the older. She mutters some Korean words and the older heard it, she then begins to speak in korean which taken Tzuyu by surprise.

“Are you a Korean? But you don’t look like one.” Tzuyu asked confused on how Sana knows how to speak in korean.

“I’m not but I really like watching Korean dramas and I begged my Mom to enroll me in some Korean classes.” Sana said enthusiastically. “By the way, my name is Sana. What’s yours?” Sana tilted her head to side which the younger Tzuyu thought was cute.

“My name is Tzuyu.” Tzuyu smiled. Although she ignored the other kids who attempted to befriend her, it was different with Sana. She can’t resist the bright smile of the squirrel looking girl.

Tzuyu’s parents saw that for the first time, Tzuyu made a friend without Chaeyoung so they just stood there and let the two kids play with each other.

**

During their stay in the Japan, Tzuyu would always go to the park with her parents and she will always play with Sana. They grew closer to the point Sana would call her Tzu-Tzu and Tzuyu call her Sa-chan.

When it’s finally time to go back to Korea, Tzuyu cried really hard because she still wants to be with her new found friend and she was thinking that they would not meet again. Her mother then asked for Sana’s parents contact number so the two kids can stay in touch and she promised Tzuyu that they will go back on the next summer vacation.

“Stop crying Tzu-Tzu, I will always call you so don’t be sad.” Sana comforts the younger. Tzuyu tried to stop but fails so Sana hugged her and she calmed down almost immediately. After seeing that Tzuyu had calm down, Sana broke the hug and smiled sweetly at Tzuyu which made the younger smile too.

**

True to her promise, Sana always called Tzuyu and it somehow made Chaeyoung jealous. For the first time, Chaeyoung got mad at her and refused to talk to her. Chaeyoung thinks that Sana replaced her as Tzuyu’s best friend and Tzuyu, even though she at telling her feelings, explained that no one can ever replace Chaeyoung. After settling their ‘fight’, Tzuyu introduced Sana and Chaeyoung to each other when Sana called her again. Chaeyoung and Sana became close too and when summer vacation came, Chaeyoung and her parents came with them and she officially met Sana.

Dahyun never met ‘Sa-chan’ because for some reason, she would always have something scheduled on the day that Chaeyoung and Tzuyu would hang out with Sana and her friends when they came to Korea to study at JYPA.

**

Tzuyu realized she like Sana more than a friend or unnie when she was on her third year of middle school. One day, she saw the older with a guy and the guy was so sweet to Sana but Sana being Sana doesn’t see it as a sweet gesture but only a friendly act. For the first time, she felt annoyed to someone she doesn’t even know. When she asked Dahyun and Chaeyoung about it, they said she was definitely jealous.

“Ah, I was annoyed because I think that guy would steal Sana-unnie’s time with me.” Tzuyu nodded in understanding while Dahyun and Chaeyoung looks at each other and sighs. So they decided to help her to understand what she’s feeling for the older.

“What do you feel whenever you meet Sana-unnie?” Chaeyoung starts.

“Uh, I feel happy?” Tzuyu answered, confused with the sudden question. “Oh, I feel my day brightens because she’s always full of energy.” She added excitingly but Dahyun and Chaeyoung ignored her and proceeds to question her even more.

“Do you get excited when you meet with her? Or do you feel lonely whenever yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter