CHAPTER 03

The Sun, The Moon & Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm in love with her Jihyo. I'm in love with Im Nayeon." Jihyo felt her heart stopped and drying.

She can only look at Jeongyeon with wide eyes, mouth slightly open. She tries to say something but she can't think of anything to say.

"I knew you would react like that but not to that extent. You looked stupid." Jeongyeon laughed at the baffled Jihyo.

"Yah! Were you just joking?" She slapped Jeongyeon's arm.

"It would be better if I am but no, I'm serious." She stopped laughing and wears her serious expression. She look outside the window once again and sighed. Jihyo can see how her best friend is having a hard time.

"Since when?" She decided to ask.

"2nd year." Jeongyeon shortly answered without looking at her.

"College?"

"High school."

"That long? You kept it from us for that long? Wah, you're daebak." She jokingly said to ease the heavy atmosphere.

"It’s stupid. Falling for my best friend." Jihyo also thought like that but she won't say it.

"It’s more stupid that you love her for that long but you don't even act on it and you even lied when you said you have a crush on Irene-sunbae." Every word that she was saying was not just for Jeongyeon but also for herself. She feels like she was stabbing herself for uttering those words.

Jeongyeon sighed. "I can't tell her. It might ruin our friendship." She really can see herself on Jeongyeon right now.

"Do you really think she's that kind of person?" There it is again. Everything she throws at Jeongyeon would always come back at her like a boomerang.

Jeongyeon was surprised. If she felt stupid before, she feels even more stupid now. Of course Nayeon wouldn’t think like that. Why did she even think like that but it’s too late now, she loves somebody else now.

”You’re not afraid of ruining your friendship. You’re afraid that if you confessed, you’ll just be rejected.” To Jihyo, it feels like she was talking to a mirror rather than Jeongyeon.

Jeongyeon chuckles. “You really know me Park Jihyo.”

“It’s not only that, it’s because I’m exactly the same. I’m also in love with my best friend.” Jihyo thought.

“What do you expect? We have been together ever since we’re 3.” Jihyo laughed.

**

The Yoo family moved to their neighborhood when they were just 3 years old and their mothers instantly became best buddies. So naturally, Jeongyeon and Jihyo became inseparable.

They met Nayeon when they start attending school. Nayeon was really popular even back then. Everyone wants to be her friends, Nayeon would talk to them but what Nayeon wants was a best friend and not just someone who talks to her because she’s popular.

That’s when she noticed Jeongyeon and Jihyo. She noticed how those two always stick together. She wanted a friendship like that. So, for the first time, she initiated a conversation w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter