Chapter 3

Security Team (Irene/You)

 

A/N Blue=English

Y/N POV

“…the guy that killed my family.” I told them casually.

“What?!” the three yelled at me at the same time, making me cover my ears.

“What do you mean? Didn’t they die in a car crash?” Myung Dae asked confused.

“They did. But it was caused by him. He told me himself in the hospital after the crash…” I told them remembering what happened that night at the hospital.

Flashback

I opened my eyes slowly and saw that I was in a white room. Though, I wasn’t alone. A man stood by the window looking out to the city, his back facing me. I tried to sit up, but upon feeling pain shot through my ribs and left leg, I fell back onto the mattress, grunting at the feeling. That grabbed the man’s attention and he turned towards me. We connected our eyes and then he spoke.

“You’re awake. That isn’t good, my dear little jaguar. You should have died alongside the rest of your family.” he said and walked over towards me. He reached me and grabbed my face roughly. I tried to push him away but without success.

“How much do you know about Operation Black?” he asked me. I looked at him confused.

“Operation Black?” I asked him in return, not knowing what he talked about.

“Yes, Operation Black. The highly secretive operation that you father was a part of.” he told me making me only grow more confused.

“My father was part of a highly secretive operation? I think you’re mistaking him for someone else. My father is a restaurant owner and not some guy from a special operation.” I told the man in front of me. He squinted his eyes at me and reached with his free hand towards his jacket pocket. As his hand reemerged from his pocket, he had a picture in his hand.

He lifted it towards my face and showed me what was on it. It was a younger version of my father, he wore a uniform and had a gun in his hands. Six strangers stood at his side all wearing the same as him and most of them had their faces crossed off with a red marker.

“These are the members of Operation Black. This…” he pointed at my father “…is your father. He and the other six members of their group, were looking for a way to bring down my empire, which they clearly didn’t succeed in and now I’m showing them that they messed with the wrong person.” He put the picture away and let go of my face, while he stood up straight.

“I killed most of them and their families. They were easily taken out by my men, but your father. He was the only one who succeeded in hiding from me for quite some time and that earn a little bit of my respect and because of that I made up my mind in killing everyone in his family, so I’m going to let you live, but be prepared little jaguar, I’m soon going to make your life a living hell.” He finished and with only one glance at me he walked out the door, leaving me alone, confused and scared.

End of Flashback

“…I never told anyone about it, because I never heard from him again after that, but now that he’s back, I need to do something about him.” I told them frowning. They just stood there taking in all the information, before Hae Won spoke.

“Well, that’s a lot of information to take in, but just know we’re by your side whatever may happen, Y/N.” she told me and the other two nodded eagerly.

“Yeah, Y/N. We’ll be by your side whatever may happen ‘cause we’re a family.” Dong Min said and wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

And family takes care of each other.” Myung Dae finished and too put his arm around my shoulder. I smiled at that and shook my head.

“I love you guys.” I told them, they awed and hugged me really tight. We pulled away smiling, after a few seconds.

“I guess I need to talk about this with uncle. He may know something.” I told them and they nodded. We walked to the car, well me limping a bit because I fell on it weirdly, and drove off towards uncle’s company.

As we arrived and got out of the car, we walked into the building towards the receptionist. She was busy doing something at her computer, but as she heard our footsteps she looked up and upon seeing how badly shaped we were she widened her eyes and began to panic a bit. Though as we stopped in front of her desk she quickly composed herself and fake smiled.

“What can I do for you?” she asked and moved her right hand to the edge of her desk still looking at us. I sighed and shook my head.

“Well, I’m here to see Lee Soo Man. Is he in?” I asked her and she squinted her eyes.

“Do you have an appointment?” she asked while moving her attention towards the computer to look for the appointment.

“No. Though I don’t think I need an appointment to see my uncle. Now, is he in or not?” I asked the lady seriously, who looked surprised at what I said. She squinted her eyes again a second after and tried to reason with me.

“I can’t just let anyone in who claims to be his niece. Do you have an ID card with you?” she asked me, but before I could answer Hae Won spoke.

“Look lady! We’re all in really bad shape here, because someone just tried to kill us and we need to speak to Lee Soo Man about this, because he might know why and I really don’t have the nerves to stand here and discuss with you why we want to see him. Now if you’re done with whatever sissy fit you’re throwing, we’d like to speak to him this instant!” Hae Won told the lady while nearly climbing over the desk. The lady rolled back in her chair and moved her hand to the underside of the desk, probably pressing a security button.

“Even though, I can’t just let you through if you don’t have an appointment.” The lady said holding her ground, but that only made Hae Won angrier and she tried to jump over the desk and strangle the lady, though Myung Dae and Dong Min held her back. I sighed and spoke up.

“Look if you can just call him and tell him I’m here, he will let us through.” I told her, but she still held her ground.

“Okay. How about we call his other niece, Soonkyu? I’m sure she’ll confirm what I said so far.” I told her, but she still didn’t budge.

“I repeat, I can’t just let you through if you don’t have an appointment, so no.” as she said that, Hae Won tried to jump over the desk again, though the boys still had her in their grips. Meanwhile I tried to figure out why the guards weren’t here yet, which was suspicious. I turned to the lady again.

“Why aren’t the guards here yet? You pressed the button minutes ago.” I asked her and she looked around confused.

“You’re right. They should have been here already. Where are they?” she asked and stood up.

“Could you show us to the security room? We’re able to help, but we need to see what’s going on first.” I told her. First she looked skeptical, but then she gestured us to follow her.

As we arrived at the room no one was there. Which isn’t normal. Dong Min quickly moved to a seat in front of the screens and quickly searched the building for any intruders. He stopped at the 2nd level on a conference room, with walls of glass. There were five masked men holding the staff, the members of SNSD and Red Velvet, some guys and my uncle hostage. They all had guns, were dressed in casual clothes and seemed to shake a bit of how nervous they were, giving away that they weren’t professionals. Two stood at the windows, one inside at the front of the room and the other two stood outside in front of the room. I analyzed the entrances and tried to figure out from where we could best get into the room. First, I needed to infiltrate the room and attack at the right moment. Second, I needed Hae Won and Myung Dae to come through the windows, to take out the two there and Dong Min to wait behind a corner and wait until I told him to take out the two at the front. I told them my plan and they instantly agreed to it. I told the receptionist to wait in the room and then we went to our positions.

I went straight to the two men at the front, acting as if I just came from the bathroom, drying my hands with a paper towel. One of the guys instantly noticed me.

“Hey, you! Why aren’t you with the others inside the room?!” he asked me furiously, pointing his gun at me. I quickly acted shocked at what he said and made myself sound surprised.

“Ehh? What’s going on? I just went to the bathroom.” I told them and they squinted their eyes at me, but after a second they told me to get inside the room. One of the guys grabbed my arm and roughly pushed me inside, making me “stumble” and walked in front of the boss.

“We found her wandering around in the halls. She said she just went to the bathroom.” The guy who held me said. Their boss looked me up and down and then decided to put me to the other.

Once they made me sit down beside Yuri, I looked up to see everyone there look at me confused and gave them an unnoticeable wink telling them it was just an act, which they thankfully got. I turned my attention to the two guys who were talking with their boss, though seconds later they left and positioned themselves back in front of the door.

I waited a few seconds before standing up and addressing the boss.

“Sir. I think you should stop this nonsense before someone gets hurt. And someone is you.” I told him without a care, making him scowl and the people in the room look at me as if I was crazy.

“What do you mean me?! The only ones how would get hurt are you! Now sit down and shut up!” he screamed at me, but I didn’t comply and took a step forward. He pointed his gun at me and I put my hands in the air as if to show I meant no harm.

“Take another step and I’ll shoot!” he warned me, though I still continued to walk looking him straight into the eyes.

“Now” I whispered before I took one last step leaving me right in front of him.

Suddenly a shot rang out…

 

To be continued…

 

A/N Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed this chapter too and see you in the next one~