Chapter 15

Security Team (Irene/You)

A/N English=Blue

Question: Do you want me to publish a request book?

So, like you can request any girl group member from Twice/Blackpink/Red Velvet you want with Y/N...

 

 

Y/N POV

… and standing there, was none other than the cause of my heartache, Irene. Her eyes were wide with confusion and hurt flashed across them. Leah had pulled away slightly but still kept her hands on my knees. I opened my mouth to explain, but shut it close a second after because what was there to explain anyway. She obviously already made her choice.

A few tense seconds of us just staring at each other went by before Leah decided that it would be better to leave us alone. She walked out past Irene as Irene stepped to the side and closed the door behind herself.

Neither Irene nor I knew what to say so the silence continued, until I made a wrong move in an attempt to get up from the bathtub.

“!” I exclaimed painfully. One of my hands flew up to hold the left side of my rib cage and the other grabbed onto the sink to steady me. While I tried to make the pain go away by thinking about cute little kittens and puppies playing with each other, I felt two hands on me. One on my shoulder and the other on my back softly rubbing up and down in a soothing manner.

I let out a soft sigh once the pain started to subside. I slowly straightened back up, neither my hands nor Irene’s leaving their positions. When I looked into the mirror, I instantly locked my eyes with hers. Though as quickly as I had done that I looked to the side and took as step away from her.

“Can you lift your shirt?” it was whispered so quietly I nearly missed it. I looked at her and this time I saw sadness in her eyes. I slowly nodded and tried, keyword ‘tried’, to lift my shirt but another wave of pain shot through me. I groaned and let my arms fall back down.

“It hurts too much.” I shook my head lightly and truth be told, I wasn’t sure if I was talking about my ribs or my cracked heart.

Irene slowly nodded and gently lifted my shirt up. Her fingers sometimes brushed my skin softly, making me shiver and my breath hitch slightly. Meanwhile Irene’s eyes were set on my upper body looking all over it to find bruises nearly everywhere. Though her eyes suddenly stopped moving once she found the injury that caused me the most pain. She gasped and put a hand to .

“That bad, huh?” I joked lightly and chuckled as much as I could, but the look she gave me made me shut up immediately.

“This looks really bad. I think you might have a broken rib or two…” She shakily but gently caressed the bruise with her soft fingers.

“Definitely feels like it.” I breathed out. Our eyes locked again and the close proximity we were in didn’t help the situation we or more likely I tried to forget. I didn’t dare to move forward because I didn’t want to make our situation more awkward than it already was. So, I took a step back and turned my body to the mirror examining my bruise myself. Ignoring Irene’s look of regret and hurt.

“Yep, something is definitely broken.” I let my hand go over the big red and blueish bruise.

“Let’s go put some ice on it then and we should go see a doctor for confirmation. If it hurts too much you should take some painkillers. And you shouldn’t move so much anymore or it’ll get worse. And-“ I cut her off with my hand on . She looked at me surprised and a bit teary-eyed.

“I know what to do with a broken rib, Irene. I actually broke them a couple of times before. And before you ask or panic again. I know that it’s a clean break and the rib is still in place. So basically, it just needs time to heal. Thus, there is no need to worry that much. Okay?” I let my hand wander to her cheek while I talked, and caressed it softly. Irene nodded and a small tear fell down her cheek to my hand, which I wiped away. We stayed in that position for a few seconds before we heard banging on the door and Hae Won jokingly shout for us.

“Are you two done making out in there?!” Irene and I jumped apart, both blushing. I grabbed my shirt and quickly opened the door, making Hae Won jump back in surprise.

“Oh my god! Were you actually making out?!” she shouted once she saw me without my shirt on. I quickly shook my head ‘no’ and went on my way to the kitchen for some ice. Leaving her and Irene standing there to look at my backside, while I put my shirt back on despite the pain.

Once in the kitchen, I grabbed the ice pack and wrapped it in some tissues. I pulled my shirt up and put it on my bruise. I sighed as the pain instantly lessened. Though my peace was disturbed by Hae Won who came in with a big smirk.

“So, what happened in there?” she wiggled her eyebrows and came really close.

“Nothing happened, Hae Won. So, drop it. I’m not in the mood for this.” I told her and before she could tease me anymore all the other people in the house came barging in, including Irene, who was holding the puppy.

“Oh god, Y/N/N.” Sunny said once she saw me, tears trickling down her cheeks. She came to me and hugged me lightly. I hugged back as much as I could, with one hand still on the ice pack and the other around her.

“I’m gonna be okay, Kyunnie. Don’t worry so much.” I told her while I pulled away.

“But you look so bad…” she gently put a hand to my cheek. I wanted to answer but got interrupted.

“She always looks like . Nothing new in that department.” Johnny told everybody with a laugh. Everybody looked at him, not saying anything.

I slowly walked away from Sunny and towards him. I didn’t show any emotions on my face, which made him squirm nervously in his spot. While he was trying very hard to find his words, I was trying to keep my poker face.

“Ehm-I-Eh” he stuttered out once I stopped in front of him and within a heartbeat I had him in a headlock, despite the pain it caused me in the ribs.

“I’m ugly?! Have you looked into the mirror lately?!” I asked him while rubbing my knuckles over the top of his head, destroying his pretty blonde hair. He yelped in pain and tried to pry my hand and arm away. He didn’t succeed, so he had to endure it for a while before I had enough.

“That was hopefully enough to teach you a lesson, Johnny boy.” I let him go smirking. Johnny nodded his head while holding it in pain.

That was when I suddenly remembered that none of the girls knew who the three new faces were.

“Oh, right! I should probably give some proper introductions for these three.” I smiled at everyone while pointing at Johnny, Leah and Noah.

“Let’s start with this guy right here.” I said grabbing Johnny’s arm and pulling him closer to me.

“This is Jonathan Simmons aka Johnny, the perfect American baby. Johnny boy here, is one of the biggest pains in the the world got to ever know.” I grinned and patted the blonde boy on the shoulder. My team, Leah and Noah started to laugh and the girls tried to hold theirs in out of kindness.

“Hey!” Johnny yelled and swatted my hand away. Feeling kind of bad, I quickly continued.

“Okay, all jokes aside. Johnny is fantastic at driving and everything that has to do with cars. May sound not so special, but he is very good at it, seeing as he was one of the best car racers in America, Russia and Japan.” I explained smiling at my brown-eyed friend which he returned. Next, I moved to Noah.

“This is Noah Moore, the Irish guy with his pretty black hair and green eyes. What a beautiful sight for sore eyes, ey ladies?” I grabbed his cheeks with one hand and squished them together. He instantly swatted my hand away and rubbed his cheeks, which made Myung Dae walk over from beside Dong Min to hold his boyfriends face in his hands worriedly. He caressed it softly and asked if he was alright, to which Noah nodded.

“But don’t get your hopes up, girls. Because that pretty boy is the boyfriend of this pretty boy.” I told them while pointing and grinning at the two love birds. They both send me a glare, making me continue.

“Noah is specialized in bombs. How they’re build and how to defuse them. He too is crazy good with computers like Dong Min. Like if you put both of them into a room together with just two computers, then they will have the whole world in their hands in under 15 minutes.” The last of the introduction made Dong Min and Noah nod grinning and high five. Which made everybody chuckle. With that said I made my way to Leah.

“This is Leah Kawakami. A Japanese, German, Dutch and Norwegian beauty.” I put my not occupied arm around her shoulders and grinned at her. Though as I did that my eyes caught onto movement from in front of me. I noticed Irene had tensed up and she watched my arm around Leah’s shoulder like a hawk. It confused me but I didn’t make anything of it as I continued.

“Leah is a master of languages. She speaks 14 languages to be exact. Like all of us, she speaks Russian, Korean, Mandarin, Japanese and English, but she also speaks Spanish, Italian, Arabic, Turkish, Portuguese, French, German, Dutch and Norwegian. It does make some missions we get to have together go a lot smoother, because Leah likes to charm people with her skills and I won’t lie, Spanish makes me go weak in the knees.” I tell them jokingly wiggling my knees at the last part. I heard some laughs around the room. But the only thing I payed actual attention to was the glare Irene was giving me the whole time. Though my attention went to the puppy in Irene’s arms as he started to wiggle like crazy, which made Irene put the pup down. It too made me realize that the little guy still didn’t have a name or at least I assumed he didn’t.

“Did you guys name the puppy yet?” I asked no one in particular and smiled as he started to run around my legs.

“Nope. We just called him ‘puppy’ the whole time.” Myung Dae answered still cuddled into Noah. I gave them an irritated look.

“I’ve been gone for over two weeks and no one really had the urge to name him?” I asked them and mostly saw shrugging shoulders. There was only one person who looked down shyly. Which peaked my interest.

“Irene-ssi. Your reaction shows me that you probably gave him a name. Mind telling us what it is?” I asked her not being able to contain a smile, because I really wanted to know what she has been calling him. The others were giving her curious looks giving away that she really hasn’t told anybody about it.

“Have you really been calling him by a name?” Seulgi asked her confused. Irene just nodded and still kept her head down.

“Well, will you tell us?” Wendy urged for an answer. Voicing everybody’s impatience to finally knowing the name of our pup.

“Well. I-It’s a little embarrassing.” She shyly admitted while finally looking back up at everybody. Her eyes stopped on me which made me the one to respond to her.

“We won’t laugh or anything.” I assured her. She blushed and nodded.

“I’ve been calling him…Hodu…” she told us a little embarrassed and once I heard the name I suppressed a laugh which then turned into a weird chuckle. That was actually a bad move because Irene took offense in it.

“Yah! You said you wouldn’t laugh!” She swatted my ‘good side’ arm repeatedly. At that I couldn’t hold it in anymore and laughed loudly. I heard a few others laugh and chuckle too. Though Irene’s focus was solely on me and trying to give me as much pain as she was feeling embarrassment. Which she succeeded in seeing as the laughter she caused me, and not actually the hitting, made the pain in my ribs soar. My laugh immediately died down and I grabbed one of Irene’s hands with my only free one to stop her, before she actually did make the pain worse. She glared at me and cutely tried to get her hand out of my grip but didn’t succeed so she hit me again with her other hand.

“!” I exclaimed more dramatically and serious than it actually was. Irene immediately stopped and her whole demeanor change in a second.

“Oh no! Are you okay? I didn’t mean to hit that hard. I’m so sorry!” She apologized and looked me over. Her hands suddenly went to my cheeks and she held my face close to hers, looking into my eyes intensely.

“I’m really sorry.” She had teary eyes and caressed my cheeks softly with her thumbs. My heart went wild at how adorable she was in that moment and I’m sure if you would listen closely you could hear it beating loudly. I then decided to have some mercy on this lovely human being.

“I’m fine…I actually made it a bit more dramatic than it was.” I told her. Her eyes suddenly had a glint of anger in them. She shoved me away, hit my arm again and walked out of the kitchen angrily, Hodu hot on her heels. I stood there for a second a little stunned at her reaction but quickly went after her and the pup to do some damage control.

I followed them out to the backyard. The sun was already long gone engulfing everything in darkness, though the lights from inside the house and the pool gave more than enough light for the backyard to be completely lit up. I saw Irene sit down on the grassy area a little away from the pool so she could keep Hodu away from the water. The pup went to climb on her, which made her giggle and put him on her lap. She ran her hands through his soft fur on his back and up to his head making him bark cutely. I smiled at their interaction finding the bond that grew between those two very adorable.

Once I reached them, I slowly sat down beside Irene so I wouldn’t get into any pain. Irene tensed up at my sudden presence beside her, though she ignored me otherwise and just kept playing with Hodu.

“I’m sorry for making you worry and panic over my stupid joke.” I softly said after a few minutes of silence between us. She didn’t respond to my apology so I continued to make some conversation.

“And sorry for laughing at Hodu’s name, but Walnut really?” I asked chuckling a bit. Saying his name actually got Hodu’s attention. He started to bark and wiggle his tail like crazy. I chuckled at how adorable he was and reached over to pet him on his head. He let me, but the next thing I knew was that my hand was in his mouth and he started to chew on it.

“Hey! Hey! Stop chewing on my hand!” I loudly say and slightly wiggle my hand to get it free. He doesn’t let go, so I did the only reasonable thing anyone would do…I sigh and I let him chew on my hand. I was very focused on Hodu that I nearly missed the smile and light chuckling from Irene. I looked at her and I was stunned to say the least. How could anyone look so beautiful while laughing was a mystery to me. A few seconds later though, silence settled between us again. I was focused back on Hodu’s chewing and Irene just watched us.

“I’m sorry too. For hitting you I mean. I could’ve made things worse.” She said out of nowhere which made me jump a little. I looked at her again and said that it was fine and that she should worry about it. Silence settled once again. But that vanished as quickly as it had settled.

“And how dare you laugh! Hodu is a perfect name for him. I mean, his fur has the same color as a Walnut!” she shouted very offended at me, making me jump again. Which made me wonder if this girl was going to be the death of me sometime soon. I looked at her shocked but bursted into laughter a second after. Irene followed right after with her own laughter.

We laughed for a bit, before we got interrupted by Dong Min.

“Y/N!” he shouted making Irene and I turn around to face him.

“What?” I asked. And what he said next, I wasn’t prepared for.

 

 

 

 

“We know where your mom is.”

 

 

 

 

 

To be continued…

A/N Okayyy…soo…that’s that. Hope you liked the longer chapter. It’s actually a way of apologizing for the longer wait…and I hope to see you in the next chapter~