Chapter 2

Security Team (Irene/You)

 

A/N I’m sorry for the long wait everyone! I really am! I had so much going on in my life in the last month, like being sick and studying for a LOT of exams and then being sick again *eye roll* *sigh* that I really didn’t have time to write anything. I’m sorry again and thanks for waiting for me *sends finger hearts*

P.S. T/N=Team name, Blue=English

 

Y/N POV

…one of Sunny’s group members. She gave off a cold aura, but even though she looked cold, I could feel that she was actually a warm person. I sighed and nodded.

“Hopefully…I’m Y/N, if you couldn’t tell already.” I smiled softly and put out my hand to shake hers. She smiled and took it.

“I’m Jessica. It’s nice to meet you.” She said and then looked at the others, introducing them.

“The short one beside me, is Taeyeon, the leader of the group.” She said which earned her a smack on the shoulder and a loud ‘hey’ from said girl. Though she didn’t make anything of it and continued introducing the others.

“Beside her is Tiffany. She has a loud voice sometimes, so you better buy some earplugs.” She told me, which made all the girls laugh, except Tiffany, who looked annoyed.

“Yah! Wendy-ah! Why are you laughing? You have a loud voice too!” Tiffany yelled at one of the five girls, making them laugh harder and me crack a smile.

As their laughter began to die down, my eyes caught onto the beautiful girl again. She laughed with the others but tried to hide her smile under her hand, which made me internally frown, because I really wanted to see her smile. It took a second for our eyes to meet and stay connected for a good amount of time, before Jessica continued her introductions. I broke the eye contact with a wink and saw her flush red, making me smirk.

“The tall one is Sooyoung and the pretty one is Yoona. They are the Shikshins of the group, so you better hide you snacks or they’re gone in a second.” She told me, which the two responded to with a ‘hey’, while munching on some potato chips they got from their bags.

“The one beside Yoona, is Yuri, the black pearl, beside her is Hyoyeon our dancing machine and at last we have Seohyun our maknae.” She finished for her group and continued with the other five.

“That over there, trying to sneak up on Wendy, are Joy and Yeri. They always cause trouble for their unnie’s.” she said, making Wendy turn around quickly and smack the two on their shoulders.

“This here is Seulgi. She’s good at dancing too.” She said, making Seulgi smile and wave at me, which I returned.

“And the last one is Irene. She is their leader and a bit shy around strangers.” Jessica finished. I smiled at Irene and saw her blush, though before anything else could be said, Sunny suddenly stormed through the door with a pissed of expression. She walked straight for me, pulled her fist back and swung it at my face. I heard all the girls gasp and three pairs of rushed footsteps run into the room.

“Argh?!” I screamed out as my head swung back and held my nose. I lost my balance a little and stumbled back.

“Boss!” three different voices shouted at the same time and then six pairs of hands helped me stand. I looked at Sunny daced for a moment, but quickly recovered.

“Well…that surprised me…” I said, slowly taking my hand from my nose to see if I was bleeding and luckily I wasn’t.

“You freaking !” Sunny screamed and stormed out again, slamming the door. I watched the door fearfully, as if she would run back inside and punch me again, but nothing happened.

I felt a nudge on my arm and saw Hae Won looking worriedly at me. She took my head into her hands and examined my nose carefully. It was such a soft gesture that anybody who saw it would have thought that there was something going on between us, but we only see each other as sisters, like we see Dong Min and Myung Dae as our brothers. We’re on little family who protect one another at all costs.

“Are you alright? That punch was pretty strong…” she asked me with a soft voice and I nodded.

“I’m alright. That surprised me though. Never thought my cousin could throw a punch like that. Makes me kind of proud.” I told her ginning dorkily, to which she and all the others just laughed to.

Hae Won hugged me lovingly and held my head to her chest, with her hand on my cheek. The room fell into an awkward silence, after the laughter died down and I felt someone staring at me, which made me a little uncomfortable. As I looked up from Hae Won’s chest, I saw Irene blankly staring at Hae Won and I. Her eyes were dull and that brought me to the conclusion that she was deep in thoughts. I stood up straight and cleared my throat awkwardly while looking at her. Wendy caught onto what I referred to and elbowed her into the rips, making her snap out of it. She looked at Wendy and then at me after Wendy made a head motion towards me. Irene’s face flushed red after she realized that she was staring and quickly turned her head away. I smiled at her cuteness, which made everyone else smile at our interaction.

Though before anything could be said, a beeping sound went through the room, making my team quickly look at their wrists, where our communication watches were. It was a call from Minhyuk. I pushed a button on the watch making him holographically appear in front of us.

“Minhyuk.” I simply said as a greeting. The other three though saluted to him which he returned.

“Y/N. The rest of Team T/N.” he said afterwards with a nod.

“I’ve got a request from a new client. He wants someone to protect one of his idol groups, because they received some threats lately and he is concerned that something might happen to them soon. And I proposed you guys for this.” he told us, though he was only looking at me.

“Who is this client?” I asked him confused.

“Well, that’s the thing. He didn’t tell me his name. Though, after I proposed the idea of you guys, he said he wanted to meet you personally and then decide if you are good enough for the job.” Minhyuk said, only confusing me more.

“When and where is the meeting?” I asked him calmly.

“I’ll text you the address and it’s in an hour.” he said before ending the call.

I looked at my phone as it binged and saw that the address led to a warehouse not far from here. I cracked my neck side to side and motioned for my team to go grab our stuff. They left the room with a nod and goodbyes to the girls. The girls on the other hand were confused.

“How was that possible? It was like he was in the room with us.” Yuri questioned excitedly, making me smile.

“That was a holograph of him. The watch projected it through a camera like lens at the side of it. It only showed the upper half of the body when we first got it, but Dong Min and I worked on specifying the watch for some years now, so that it would show us the whole body. It benefits us a lot in mission, because we are able to see if and how someone is injured.” I explained and all the girls’ eyes widened in amazement.

“That’s amazing!” Seohyun said, making the others agree with her.

“Yeah it is. Well, I should go. Tell Kyunnie I’ll see her soon.” I told them waving my hand and walking out.

I directly walked to the car, already expecting my team to be there, which they were. I climbed into the car and waited for Myung Dae to finish putting the stuff into the back. Hae Won and Dong Min sat in the middle seats, so Myung Dae could drive us to the address. We drove off to our destination.

As we arrived, we got out and grabbed our weapons, before proceeding to the warehouse.

“Okay, guys. This looks like an ambush, so be prepared.” I told my team, before we went inside, guns drawn.

I let my arms fall to the side, as I realized that the warehouse was empty with nothing but dust inside, though I kept my guard up. We continued to walk towards the middle of the warehouse, seeing as there was a light shining on the floor there. As we reached it, there was laying an elopement. I took it into my hands and opened it, pulling out a letter.

 

Dear Y/N

I hope you have been doing fine and believe me when I say, I will soon make your life a living Hell.

Think quick, little Jaguar.

- S

 

I widened my eyes at the last sentence and quickly shouted at my team to get out.

“Get out of the building, now!” I told them and we ran outside as quickly as possible.

As we reached outside, I quickly threw myself on the ground, before I heard a loud boom and the warehouse exploded. The sound waves of the crashing building, temporarily let me lose my hearing and I felt little sharp objects cut through my skin. I waited until the earth stopped shaking and got up looking around for my team. They were either getting or helping another up. I walked to them and question if anybody was hurt and the shook their heads ‘no’.

“But, what the hell just happened?” Hae Won asked bewildered. I looked at the warehouse and sighed.

“Well, that would have been…”

 

To be continued…

 

A/N Hope you liked it! See ya in the next chapter~