Chapter 5

Security Team (Irene/You)

 

Y/N POV

…Chanyeol and I’m her boyfriend. So back off before it gets ugly.” He said trying to scare me and put an arm around Irene’s shoulder, who seemed to be uncomfortable, while he smirked at me. I looked at him with distaste and suddenly bursted out laughing. He dropped his smirk instantly and looked confused.

“Why are you laughing?!” he asked loudly.

“It’s just…it’s funny how you think that you have a chance in hurting me…” I said between laughs.

“…and dude! Get your arm off her…she looks so uncomfortable!” I told him still laughing uncontrollably. He scowled and looked at Irene shifting a bit, though he didn’t take his arm off her. Irene didn’t look at him, she only stared at me blankly.

“Ahh…I know what’s going on. It’s a PR stunt and the dude is really in love with her and she isn’t.” I simply said while looking at Hae Won, who just shook her head sighing. Movement to my left caught my attention and out of reflex I stepped aside and punched the person in the face. That Chanyeol guy hunched over and held his nose groaning in pain. I smirked at that, though as he saw me he grew angrier and tried to punch me again. This time I had enough and grabbed him directly at his throat and lifted him of the ground, while glaring at him.

“Touch me and you won’t live long.” I told him seriously, while I watched him struggle to get out of my grip. He didn’t attempt to say anything, so I kept my strong grip on him.

“Y/N! Let him go!” Sunny shouted at me from the side. I decided to ignore her and focus on the guy in my hand.

“Y/N, it’s enough! Let him go!” Hae Won told me trying to get my attention, though that was without success. I could hear everyone inside the room panicking and trying to find a way to stop me.

“Y/N…”

I suddenly felt a hand on my arm that was holding the guy.

“…please let him go…”

I looked at the source of the hand and saw Irene look at me with pleading eyes, which made me feel weird inside and loosen the grip on the guy. He fell to the ground coughing like crazy and some guys ran to check if he was okay. I continued to look at her and tried to sort the weird feeling inside of me, but I couldn’t. I think Irene noticed my confusion, because she titled her head to the side and watched me curiously. Our staring got interrupted by Sunny walking to me and slapping me in the face. Meanwhile the staff and boys left the room only leaving SNSD, Red Velvet, my team and uncle Soo with me inside.

“What were you thinking?! You could’ve killed him!” she shouted angrily.

I didn’t say anything. I just blankly stared at her for a few second and then turned my attention towards my uncle who stood to the side all this time seeming to have lost his word.

“Well, long time no see, uncle Soo.” I tell him keeping a monotone voice. He seemed to snap out of his thoughts and a scowl formed on his face.

“Y/N? You are alive? I thought you were dead.” He asked confused, not daring to take a step towards me.

“Yeah, I’m alive. Not that people tried to kill me and I nearly died too many times to count, but yeah, I’m still alive. Oh, and guess what! Some guy, with the initial S, asked me about Operation Black and tried to kill me and my team a few hours ago, because he thinks I know something about it. Now, tell me. What is this all about?” I said wanting answers from the only person who could give them to me. He looked shocked at what I had revealed, but composed himself quickly and sighed, motioning towards a seat.

“You better sit down for this. It’s going to be a lot.” He told me and rubbed his hands nervously. I sat down in front of him. The other doing the same, already listing intently.

“It was 35 years ago. Your fathers and I…” He looked between Sunny and me “…were part of a special force team. We went on a lot of missions, before our boss told us that we would be part of an operation called ‘Operation Black’. Our plan was to take out the most wanted criminal in the world, he was a mob boss, a drug and weapon dealer, sold of woman to other criminals and much more. His name was Yong Sang Ho or better known as ‘The Fang of the Tiger’. He got the name because he wore a tiger’s fang as a necklace and he was obsessed with wild cats…” Uncle said the last part in a ‘duh’ tone.

“…We were really close on getting him, but something happened…” He trailed off, making all of us impatiently lean forward in our seats.

“What? What happened?!” I asked him quickly.

“…Yong Sang Ho’s daughter appeared…” He said looking me in the eyes. I quirked an eyebrow in confusion.

“His daughter? What does she have to do with this?” I asked him. He stayed quite for a bit, deciding if he should tell or not, but as he sighed, I knew he would.

“…His daughter, Y/N. His daughter…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“…was your mother…”

I nodded subconsciously, but froze after what he said processed in my head. Sunny and my team not doing any better, but they stayed silent.

“WAIT, WHAT?!” I shouted so loud, that the girls flinched, making me feel a bit bad, but that was for another time.

“What do you mean, my mother?! My mother was a lawyer, she never once said or showed that she was related to a criminal!” I told him a little disturbed at the newfound information. The girls and my team looked at me worriedly, but didn’t say anything, leaving for uncle Soo to calm me down.

“Y/N calm down a bit. I wasn’t done yet.” He said and I calmed down so that I could listen to what else he was going to say.

“…Your mother and father both fell in love after they got to know each other better. At first she didn’t know that your father was part of a team to bring her father down, but after she found out she instantly began to help us, she got us information that was hard to come across and helped us sneak stuff inside and out of his house. We continued for a couple of month and nearly had enough information to get him busted for live, but then he found out. I don’t know how, but he did. He kidnapped us and tortured us, until your mother sneak in and got us out. We went into hiding, changed our names, the city we lived in, our whole appearance. We lived in peace. Until 10 years ago. He found your parents and murdered them. We thought he killed you too after you disappeared, because we couldn’t find you anywhere.” He finished his story, while looking me into my eyes with a sad look on his face. I didn’t say anything for a while and subconsciously began to shake a bit, though not really noticeably, but my team noticed, but before they could comfort me, a hand was placed on mine. I traveled my eyes up their arm and saw Irene smiling sadly at me. I calmed down instantly, confusing the heck out of me because only Hae Won could do that and even with her it took a while for me to calm down.

“Well, that explains a lot, but still not why he didn’t kill me 10 years ago.” I said, while turning towards uncle Soo.

“Well, that would be because…

 

To be continued…

 

A/N Hey! So, I’m back! It was really beautiful in Korea and I had a lot of fun! I’ll definitely go back there, hopefully next year *cough* when I have money again *cough*

But anyways, hope you liked this chapter! See you in the next one~