Chapter 9

Security Team (Irene/You)

A/N Thoughts=Italic

Y/N POV

…the puppy. He tried to climb onto some of the training equipment, whining while doing so, making me smile at his cuteness. I walked over and helped him up. He sniffed the seat and then laid down with one last huff, closing his eyes. It was so adorable that I couldn’t stop smiling. I pet his head for a second and then got back to working out without turning the music on, so that I wouldn’t disturb the puppy.

I don’t know how long I was training for, before I heard Hae Won shout for me.

“Y/N! Can you come to the backyard?!”

I stopped mid punch and turned to the still surprisingly sleeping puppy. I grabbed a towel, picked the puppy up and went to Hae Won. As I neared the backyard, I heard music playing, a lot of laughter and smelled something delicious. The puppy started squirming in my arms signaling me that he wanted to be let down, which I did and he rushed outside. I stepped out of the house and saw the puppy sitting by Myung Dae who stood at the grill turning some steaks. Some of the girls sat on the outdoor couches talking about stuff and the rest were standing around Hae Won. I walked to her.

“So, what do you want?” They quickly turned to me and instantly grew wide eyed. I grinned and purposefully flexed my muscles, while whipping some sweat of my stomach. They were in a trance which made me chuckle.

“Ahem…” someone said from behind me. I turned around and my jaw dropped. There standing before me was Irene and she was in a bikini. Like a very fruity one.

Behind her stood the rest of Red Velvet in their own represented fruit-bikinis. All eyes were on us, wanting to know what happens next. I suddenly realized something and started laughing.

“Okay. Are you trying to film another “Red Flavor” MV or do you just really like these fruits?” I asked between laughs. They blushed, but started laughing right after.

“Well, they were the only ones in our sizes and we like these fruits too.” Seulgi emphasized the “and” and shrugged. They all nodded in agreement and walked to the pool. Irene shot me a smile right as she walked past me. I watched after her. Her hips swayed side to side and her hair swayed in the wind. ‘She already has me wrapped around her little finger and I’ve only known her for 2 days.’

I got shaken out of my thoughts by Hae Won literally shaking the heck out of me.

“What?” I asked her.

“I called your name a few times, but you obviously were too focused on Irene.” she crossed her arms and smirked.

“Well, at least I didn’t drool over her like you over my cousin.” I smirked back. Her eyes widened and she hit my shoulder.

“I never did that!” she harshly whispered, looking around to see if someone heard. To her luck everyone else was focused on their own things.

“Anyway. I wanted to talk to you about what we’re going to do next. Like, I mean should they be going to interviews and stuff like that?” she asked, which got the attention of everyone else.

“Of course, they’re going to live their life like normal, otherwise the attackers won’t show themselves.” I said, which made Sunny angrily walk over.

“So, we’re going to be bait?!” she voiced the question of the others. I looked at all the worried faces and nodded.

“Don’t worry. We’re going to be with you all the time, so nothing will happen to you.” Myung Dae intervened, before Sunny could go off on me. I nodded at him thankfully, which he returned with a smile.

“We will give all of you a few things so you will be prepared if something happens and we aren’t with you for whatever reason.” Dong Min said, while walking to get those things.

A few silent minutes later he came back with a bag. He opened it and pulled out a bracelet.

(Something like this.)

“This bracelet has a silent alarm and a GPS-Tracker inside. It will sent a signal to all of our phones if you press this little button at the side.” He pressed it to show what would happen and all four of our phones rang with a specific tone. He pressed it 3 times in a row to make it stop again. Next he pulled out a powder.

 “If you think someone wants to harm you. Just blow some of this powder into their face and it will knock them out for a while.” He explained and pulled the last thing out.

“And last but not least. If you’re being held captive by ropes or chains pour this acid on it and it will burn away, but be careful, if it touches you for too long, let’s say 10 seconds, you will get burned. You can wash it off with water until then.” He said.

All the girls looked curiously but anxiously at all the things. A few of them then turned to me with a sour eye. I already knew what they were thinking. They were blaming me for all the that’s happening and I don’t blame them for that. It really was my fault.

“All of this, just because we are targeted by a maniac who is only after you?” Yeri voiced what all of them were thinking emphasizing the ’only’ and ‘you’. I sighed and looked down.

“Yes and I’m extremely sorry for it.” I bowed, nearly reaching the floor with my head, though I didn’t make a move to straighten up again. A few seconds later I saw some feet in front of me. They crouched down and I felt a hand on my shoulder, trying to get me back up, but I stubbornly didn’t move.

“Y/N-ssi.” It was Irene’s gentle voice reach out to me.

“It’s not your fault. Please straighten up.” She said, making me slowly straighten up. I avoided looking at her or anyone for that matter and went back into the house without uttering a word.

I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a glass of water. I took a long sip and then grabbed the sink hardly.

“Why can’t I do anything right?” I muttered to myself, but quickly jumped at the sound of a voice beside me.

“Don’t blame yourself, please.” I turned to see Irene watching me from the door. I shook my head harshly.

“No.” I said, turning away again.

“No?” she asked. I heard her take a few steps closer to me and stop at one point.

“No. I should blame myself. After all, it’s my fault you guys are here. If I hadn’t come near you, all of this wouldn’t have happened.” I say not looking at her. It was silent for a few seconds before she grabbed my face and made me look at her. It was then that I realized how close she had come to me. Our noses were practically touching. I looked at her eyes, then at her lips and I saw her do the same. We locked eyes and we both didn’t dare break the connection. Sadly we were interrupted by Hae Won rushing into the room.

“Boss we got a prob-“ she stopped talking once she saw Irene and me jump apart.

“Did I interrupt something?” she asked smirking knowingly. I cleared my throat trying to cover up the embarrassing situation.

“N-No nothing.” I stuttered out making her smirk grow wider. I glanced at Irene and she was trying to cover her own blush.

“Anyway.” Her smirk died down. “We got a problem.” She said and walked into the living room.

We rushed after her and the first thing I noticed was Minhyuk on the TV screen.

“Y/N. We have a problem.” He said and showed me a video.

 

“Is the thing on?” a chilling voice asked. He stood in front of a wall looking at the person behind the camera. Who assumingly nodded, cause he immediately began to speak.

“Hello, there my dear granddaughter.” He smiled disturbingly.

“I assume, that you think, that I don’t know where you are right now and that’s true. So…I have come up with a way to lure you out.” He laughed maniacally. The camera swayed over to the side, showing…

 

To be continued…

 

A/N Heyy there people! So, my exams went well :D

& I’m proud to announce that I am finally through with that sh*t *yessss*

& I apologize for going incognito for the past…wow…7 month *awkwardly scratches the back of the neck*

I have some time on my hands now, cause I don’t have a job anymore *yesssss. I freaking hated those people!*

I hope I can update again soon…I need to deal with some stuff regarding being jobless & believe me it’s a pain in my arse *rolls eyes*

See you sooonnn~