Happy?

Page Turner

"Can"t I follow you?"

"Sure..let's go."

 

 

"Are you always go early to school?" 

"Yes... I need to pick up Changbin and Jisung."

"Are you always caring towards them?"

"Hmm.. I just doesn't want to spoil them. They are a good kids. Do you want to know something?" ask Chan.

"What? Are you telling me your secret?" ask Mi Joo back.

"Hmm.. a few years ago, the three of us doesn't even come to school. We have been skipping school for years. The teachers also have losing hope for us. They treat us like a garbage. But after that something happen and that make me regret." Chan sigh. He try to forget the painfull memory but it still there leaving a deep hole in his heart. Since that day he promise himself that he will protect the one that he love with all of his might. 

 

 

"Jisung-ah.. your friends are here. Hurry up.."

"Okay.. I'm coming" Jisung is wearing his clothes. From the mirror he can see a long scar at his chest. After wearing his clothes, he quickly grab his bag and run the front door.

"Let's go.."

 

 

"Today I will watch yoour guys. Don't skip the class or you will be a dead meat." warn Sa Nae before sitting at her table. She looks happy.

"It will be a hard day" mumble Changbin.

After a few hours, the bell start to ring. It is recess time. Chan get up from his seat.

"Chan-ah, I will buy you some bread and milk." volunteer Jisung.

~Are you going to the rooftop?

Chan nod. When he open the door he see a familiar figure. He smile.

"Are you waiting for Changbin? He is inside. Yahh.. Seo Changbin.. someone is waiting for you... bring Changbin.. we will be at the rooftop." say Chan before leaving with Mi Joo beside him.

Curious, Jisung and Sa Nae come out from the door and both of them smiling.

"Changbin-ah,, we will buy the food. Go wait at the rooftop. Bring the girl too." say Jisung while walking with Sa Nae.

Because of that, Changbin get up from his seat. He peek behind the door and he is startled.

"Hae Yi? What are you doing here?" ask Changbin.

"What I am doing here? This is my school. Of course I am learning here." explain Hae Yi.

"Why you doesn't tell me before?"

"You never ask."

 

 

"Chan-ah.. are you lonely?"

Chan and Mi Joo is waiting for the other at the rooftop. 

"Why do you ask like that. Of course I'm not. I have you right?" answer Chan.

"It just...hmm..looks.. all of your friend have their own partner.. but you..you are a kind boy.. you deserve better than this."

 "Actually.. being your friend.. honestly...knowing you is more that enough. Looks, you save my life before right. If you doesn't warn me at that time, I must be dead right now." explain Chan.

 

"It wil be great if I still alive"

 

 

Chan, Jisung and Changbin are walking around the town. They are passing a dark alley when they bumped into a group of man. Being a hot tempered boy, Chan said.
"Yahh.. are you blind? Can't you see someone walking here?"
Feeling mad, one of the man hold Chan by his collar.
"Kid... listen here... don't try to bite if you still doesn't have any teeth. You will end up being the one that hurt." say the man.
Hurting his pride, Chan punched the man on his face and they end up fighting with each other. Chan is kicking and punching the man around him while Changbin and Jisung are doing the same thing. At that time, one of the man take out a pocket knive and walk towards Chan. Jisung who see it hurriedly run towards Chan and push him away. 
"Yahh... why are you using that knive.. !! The boy is dying..there are a too many blood... hurry up.. we need to run before someone come. Hurry!!!."
At that time, Chan can see how Changbin is running towards Jisung who already soaked in blood, telling him that he will be alright. He hear that Changbin is yelling at him, asking him to call some help. He can see it clearly how Jisung is gasping for air. He realise the tears that start to form in his eyes. But he can't move his body at all. It already become numb.
"What I have done..."
 

 

~Chan! Chan are you okay! Wake up!  Chan-ah..

Chan open his eyes, he is drench with sweat. He is dreaming. It looks like the past still haunting him.

"Are you okay,,, you are sleeping when suddenly you start to shouting. You really make me scare. Are you okay?" ask Mi Joo.

"Yeah.. I'm fine.. it just a bad dream.." answer Chan with a heavy breath.

"Then,, go back to sleep.. it's still early to wake up. Just sleep. I will stay here." 

Chan just nod. A few moment later, he start to fall asleep again but this time with a little peace.