Chapter 8

Looking for Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Namjoon's POV

“Hey… has Jin talked to you lately?” Namjoon asked as he watched Yoongi feed Taehyung. Hoseok was sleeping in that morning since Taehyung had been fussy the night before and had kept Hoseok awake for most of the night.

“Um… Yea. He called me yesterday,” Yoongi answered not really paying attention to what the younger was saying as he was feeding Taehyung and was focused on making sure the baby didn't end up trying to out too much milk in one go. He'd done it a couple of times when either father wasn't paying attention and had a coughing fit that would send the patents into a frenzy of temporary worry.

“Oh…” Namjoon said in disappointment.

“Oh? Is something wrong between you two?” Yoongi asked looking at Namjoon quickly before again focusing on his son.

Namjoon hesitated before deciding to say, “Not really… I just haven’t been able to get in contact with him for a couple of days now… What did he call you for yesterday?”

“Not much,” Yoongi said as he placed the baby bottle on the table as Taehyung had just about finished it. He then placed the baby against his chest so that Taehyung’s chin rested over his shoulder and then slowly began patting his back in an effort to get the child to burp as he’d been taught in the parenting classes he and Hoseok had taken. “He was just checking up on Taehyung and letting me know he was going to be gone for another week.”

“Did he say why? He’s only texted me saying he was busy since he left,” Namjoon said and Yoongi shook his head.

“All I really know is what he told me. And all he’s said is he’s staying with his brother to take care of some personal issues. I don’t know any details about what issues he’s facing though and didn’t ask because I know Jin and know he won’t tell me unless he needs me to help him,” Yoongi informed him.

“Oh… Thanks for telling me hyung,” Namjoon responded with a small sigh wishing he knew what had happened to his boyfriend. Jin had just left to see his elder brother so suddenly and had only sent one text message to let him know about it. Now, almost a week later, he hadn’t gotten a single call and only a few short text messages that barely told him anything. It felt like eons since Namjoon had last spoken to Jin, and he really missed the conversations they’d have. He missed hearing the older’s voice, he hated not knowing what had happened and if Jin was ok.

“Maybe try giving him a call right now? I’m going to put Tae to sleep, so I’ll be right back,” Yoongi informed as he stood from the couch and walked away to the nursery room.

Namjoon decided to take Yoongi’s advice and took his phone out of his pocket. He quickly opened his phonebook and went to Jin’s contact information, smiling a little at the cute picture that he had of the elder there. Admiring the photo for a few seconds, he inhaled deeply and then pressed the dial button and held the phone to his ear. He’d called Jin before but the elder wouldn’t answer and would only send a quick message afterwards saying he was sorry but couldn’t talk. The line kept ringing and after the fifth ring, Namjoon felt discouraged. Jin probably wasn’t going to answer and he’d be sent to voicemail yet again.

He was just about to hang up when the call connected and Jin’s voice spoke through the line. “Hello?” Jin asked into the phone sounding distressed.

“Jin hyung?” Namjoon asked back surprised that the elder had actually answered.

“Oh Namjoon… Ah, I wasn’t expecting you to call right now… Is there something you need?” Jin asked. Namjoon could tell from Jin’s voice that the elder was tired, Jin also sounded upset and even a bit… lost.

“Um yea it’s me, uh I don’t need anything. I just wanted to talk with you is all… It’s been a while since we last talked and… I miss talking to you…” Namjoon trailed off at the end.

“I miss talking to you too, Namjoon,” Jin said sounding sad as he let out a sigh. “But I… I’m just really busy with some personal things and… I’m sorry.”

“It’s ok, Jin. You don’t have to apologize… But can you tell me what’s going on? You sound tired,” Namjoon said concerned.

“Ah, it’s really nothing to worry about… Just a lot of things happened while I’ve been here and it’s kind of a lot to process is all,” Jin replied, his voice a little shaky near the end.

“Jin…”

“It’s really nothing.”

“... You know sometimes talking about what’s bothering you can help. You know I’m here for you.”

“Y-yea I know, but it’s really ok… I’m doing ok and I’m handling things,” Jin responded.

Namjoon bit his lip as he thought about what to say and how he could convince Jin to talk to him, but just as he was about to speak, he heard crying. At first, he thought it was probably Taehyung but then he realized it was coming through the line, but it wasn’t Jin who was crying it was too distant for that.

“Wait, who’s crying?” Namjoon asked.

“Ah, I got to go Namjoon. I’m sorry, I’ll call you later,” Jin said and didn’t even wait for a reply before he hung up. Namjoon frowned as he removed the phone from his ear and looked at his home screen. He was frustrated. Jin wasn’t talking to him and he was always busy now. Namjoon just wanted to know what was going on and help his boyfriend in any way possible, but it seemed impossible with how avoidant Jin was being right now.

“Did he answer?” Yoongi’s voice came from behind him and pulled the younger out his own thoughts.

“Yea,” Namjoon answered with a scoff angry since Jin hadn’t really talked with him.

“Let me guess, he was too busy to actually talk?” Yoongi asked with a sigh as Namjoon nodded in reply.

“We were sort of talking but then I heard someone crying and he hung up…” Namjoon sighed, “I just want to know what’s going on. He sounded really tired.”

“Yea I noticed. But Jin is like that, he bottles things up sometimes until it’s too much. But he’ll tell us when he feels he has too, so just be patient, ok?” Yoongi suggested and Namjoon nodded.

“Yea… I should go now, I’ve got a shift in an hour,” Namjoon said and got up. Yoongi nodded and went him to the door to see him out.

* * * *

“What’s got you so down today?” Jackson asked as he and Namjoon were cleaning up after having just performed a surgery together.

“Nothing,” Namjoon replied as he pulled off his bloodied medical gown and gloves.

“Hmm, I don’t believe that’s true. If nothing was bothering you, then you wouldn’t have been so serious during the surgery,” Jackson pointed out.

“What do you mean by that? I always take surgeries seriously,” Namjoon replied while frowning.

“I never said you didn’t, but you also believe that if things are too tense during a surgery, you’re more likely to have errors because you’ll grow nervous about messing up. So you tend to try and lighten the mood a little so that things won’t be tense, especially when we’ve got students watching. But you didn’t today.”

“I just didn’t feel like it today.”

“Sure. And I didn’t think that the blunder made by nurse Cathy was going to cost us our jobs,” Jackson said while shaking his head.

Namjoon raised an eyebrow giving Jackson a ‘are you serious’ look. “Are you kid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter