Chapter 11

Looking for Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jin’s POV

“Ok, first things first, we need to find something for you to eat, something you won’t fuss about,” Jin said with a sigh as he put Jimin down on the bed and surrounded the little one with pillows. He went to the baby bag and pulled out a stuffed elephant Seokjung had given him. He placed it on Jimin’s chest, and the baby’s attention immediately went to the stuffed animal. Jin smiled down at his son and then went to the bathroom to go through his morning routine. Every few minutes he checked up on Jimin to make sure he was ok and was satisfied to see the baby was keeping himself entertained. Once Jin was finished and dressed in a pair of jeans and flannel shirt, he picked up his phone and called Hoseok, deciding it was time to let the younger know about some major changes in his life.

“Hello?” Hoseok answered his phone after the third ring.

“Hey Hoseok, you busy today?” Jin asked as he sat on the bed and played with Jimin by taking the stuffed animal and moving it around in front of the baby.

“No, I’ve got nothing planned. Why?” Hoseok asked before continuing, “Also where have you been hyung? I haven’t seen you in like a week. Tae misses you.”

“And I miss him,” Jin said with a smile on his face as he thought of Hoseok’s son. “But something life-changing happened when I went to visit my brother so I’m sorry but I really was busy.”

“What happened? Are you ok? Is your mother ok?” Hoseok questioned immediately sounding worried.

“No, my mom is fine, and yes I’m ok, but… well, it would be easier to explain if you’d come over. I kind of need your help as well.”

“Alright, I’ll be there in a few with Yoongi, let us just change and get Taehyung ready. We should be there in thirty minutes.”

“Take your time, don’t rush. We’ll be here waiting.”

“We? Who’s we? You and Namjoon?”

“You’ll find out, just come,” Jin responded.

“Ok, see you then,” Hoseok replied and then hung up.

Jin put his phone aside and then turned his full attention the Jimin. “Daddy’s hungry so let’s go to the kitchen ok baby?” Jin said to the baby who just stared at him while on his pacifier. Jin smiled and picked Jimin up, taking the stuffed animal with them to the kitchen. Namjoon hadn’t been able to finish all the burritos claiming Jin always made too much (though the younger didn’t mind that at all), and so Jin decided to finish those off rather than make something else for himself.

Grabbing one of the burritos he caught sight of a baby bottle with formula already made in it. He took a bite from the burrito and placed it back on the plate before picking up the baby bottle. Seeing how it was nearly full, with maybe a sixth of it gone, Jin surmised that Namjoon had tried to feed Jimin before the younger had woken him up.

“You should eat more baby, how are you gonna grow if you don't?” Jin questioned the child in his arms who was clutching his stuffed animal and not even looking at his father. Jin sighed putting the bottle back knowing it was pointless to try. He would try once he’d gotten a bunch of brands to try out. He grabbed his plate of burritos and went to the sofa. He the TV to find a drama playing. He watched it while finishing his food. Jimin sat quietly in his lap, his eyes focused on the TV as he on his paci every once in a while.

A while later the doorbell rang and Jin felt Jimin jump in his lap, dropping his stuffed elephant, as his head moved around as if searching for what made that sound. Jin laughed and turned Jimin to face him as he said, “It’s just the doorbell baby, no need to be jumpy.” He placed a kiss on Jimin’s forehead once more and then carried the baby against his hip as he went to answer the door. Outside on his doorstep was Hoseok and Yoongi with a baby carrier which Taehyung was placed in. As soon as Hoseok saw Jin and Jimin his eyed them suspiciously.

“Who’s baby is that? Are you babysitting for someone?” Hoseok asked as he let himself inside and placed the baby bag he was carrying down on the floor. He stood back up and waited for an answer.

Jin shook his head and said, “This here is Jimin,” he paused for effect and then continued with, “and he’s my son.”

Yoongi and Hoseok looked at him in utter confusion/bewilderment. Neither said anything for what felt like a minute but was probably no more than ten seconds. Yoongi was the first to speak up and say, “You’re joking.”

“I’m not,” Jin said while shaking his head. “Come on, let’s sit down,” He continued as he started walking over the sofa again. Yoongi and Hoseok followed. Hoseok plopped himself beside Jin while Yoongi took a seat on the loveseat. He placed the baby carrier down and Jin noticed that Taehyung was peacefully sleeping inside of it.

Hoseok reached out and patted Jimin’s hair with a huge smile on his face as he asked, “May I hold him?”

Jin nodded and lifted Jimin into Hoseok’s arm. Hoseok held him carefully, standing him up against his thighs while supporting the little one by holding his sides just above Jimin’s hips. Jimin looked at Hoseok curiously while Hoseok made funny faces at Jimin.

“How old is he?” Yoongi asked while watching his husband interact with the baby.

“About a week away from being four months,” Jin answered and then nodded towards Taehyung, “How has he been?”

“He’s good. We just went in for a general checkup yesterday and the doctor says he’s doing well, looks healthy and is growing at a good pace,” Hoseok answered.

“That’s good. I really did miss him while I was away,” Jin said as he got off the sofa and crouched next to the baby who was still asleep. He gently Taehyung’s soft cheek sort of wishing the baby was awake.

“Oh, so you miss him and not us?” Hoseok teased and Jin laughed while nodding.

“Of course, why would I miss you guys?” Jin teased back as he went back to his spot on the sofa. Jimin had been sitting quietly in Hoseok’s lap until Jin was back in his spot, then Jimin began squirming in Hoseok’s hold.

“Wow, easy there Jimin,” Hoseok said to the baby trying to keep him steady but Jimin refused to sit still any longer. He opened his mouth making the pacifier drop onto the sofa and began to cry. Jin immediately took Jimin back into his arms and began rocking him which silenced him in a matter of seconds.

“He’s not very loud,” Yoongi noted as he watched the events unfold while simultaneously rocking the carrier whenever Taehyung stirred.

“Yea… there’s a reason for that. There’s actually a whole story I’ve yet to tell you guys,” Jin responded.

“No kidding,” Yoongi commented while Hoseok nodded.

“How in the world do you suddenly have a son?” Hoseok asked.

And so Jin began explaining exactly what happened over the week and how things came to be the way they were now.

* * * *


“Ok, so we’ve got the crib, mattress for the crib, baby bathtub, high chair, stroller, rocking chair, why did we need that one again? Also baby bottles, wipes, diapers, pacifiers, and some stuffies. Any other essentials we’re missing besides formula?” Yoongi asked as he looked over all the purchases they had in their cart. Hoseok looked at his list on his phone while Jin pointed towards the clothing section.

“We got the rocking chair cause I wanted it and I’m going to need to buy him clothes,” Jin stated as he eyed Jimin and then the clothes wondering what would fit. Both Taehyung and Jimin were in their baby carrier seats which were securely placed on the shopping cart which Yoongi was pushing. Both the babies were awake and active. Taehyung was moving his head around from time to time or just playing with the toys hanging off the handle of his carrier, while Jimin was playing with his stuffie occasionally throwing it away to have Yoongi or Jin pick it up for him.

“Ohh look at this one this is sooo cute! It would look adorable on Jimin!” Hoseok exclaimed as he showed Jin a cute blue and white onesie with the words ‘Daddy’s angel’ written on it along with a pair of angel wings underneath it. Jin nodded and told the younger to place it in the cart as he continued picking out more clothes he thought would fit Jimin.

“Omg Yoongi-ah let’s get this for Tae too, that way our babies can be matching!” Hoseok said happily as he grabbed a smaller size of the same onesie. Yoongi eyed the onesies and shrugged looking indifferent though internally even he was cooing over how cute his baby would look in the onesie.

Jin scanned a rack of onesies and went through them one by one picking out an item and placing it in the cart. Hoseok did the same while Yoongi watched over the two babies by playing with them.

“Ok, that’s at least ten outfits that should be enough right?” Jin asked looking up at Hoseok and Yoongi. Hoseok examined the outfits and then shook his head. “That’s enough onesies yes, but he’s going to need socks, sweaters, some pajamas, oh and blankets!” Hoseok listed off and then began going to where those things were found picking the things out one by one and placing them in the cart.

“Ok that should do it for now,” Yoongi said as he looked at all the items. “Let’s go check out the food isle now, that was our main objective after all.”

The other two males agreed and they headed towards the baby food aisle. Once there Yoongi picked out a few bottles of formula for Taehyung and then asked Jin what he wanted to get for Jimin.

“I don’t know… like I said he just doesn’t like formula it seems. Every brand they tried at the hospital, Jimin refused to eat,” Jin said with a sigh as he realized the most popular brands were the ones the hospital had tried.

“But that was only what, four brands? There are at least seven different ones here, so let’s get one of each and try it out?” Hoseok suggested.

“I guess that’s really the only choice we have,” Jin said and nodded while picking out the smallest container of every brand he hadn’t tried yet.

“Hey what about baby food? If he really just hates formula maybe you should see if he’ll eat baby food instead?” Yoongi suggested as he grabbed a small jar of baby food and read the label. “It says here babies who are four months and older can eat it.”

“But he isn’t four months yet, not for another five days anyway,” Jin stated as he picked up the stuffie that Jimin had thrown away again.

“And just cause the label says four months doesn’t mean he’s ready for that yet… Jin have you gotten a doctor for Jimin yet?” Hoseok asked.

Jin shook his head, “Not yet… My brother had asked the pediatrician he knew at the hospitals whenever I asked him something he didn’t know. And since coming home Namjoon has kind of been Jimin’s doctor.”

“Oh, yea he’s specialized in pediatrics right?” Yoongi wanted to make sure and Jin nodded.

“Then ask him, he should be able to tell,” Hoseok said and encouraged Jin to call the younger.

“But he’s at work now… I shouldn’t disturb him.” Jin said with a frown.

“Just call, if he’s free he’ll answer,” Yoongi said. “We need to know if this is safe for him before buying it after all.”

“And if he doesn't answer, I’ll call Taehyung’s doctor and ask, but since Namjoon knowns Jimin it would be better if he answered,” Hoseok said.

Jin nodded, “ok, I’m calling him, give me a moment.”

Jin took out his phone and dialed Namjoon’s number. He placed his phone against his ear and waited to see if the younger would pick up. The line kept ringing and just when Jin thought he’d be sent to voicemail, he heard Namjoon pick up and greet him.

“Hello? Jin, is everything ok?” Namjoon asked.

“Oh… yeah, everything’s ok! Are you busy?” Jin asked.

“Sort of, did you need something?”

“Just had a quick question.”

“Ok, what is it?”

“Can I feed Jimin baby food? The labels say they can eat it at four months and he’s almost that age.”

“Hmm… there’s a lot of factors that go with that. For a baby to be ready they need to be able to hold their head up on their own, move their head freely, be able to maintain posture while on their side, and lift their upper body while lying on their belly. That’s really the main criteria. I know Jimin can hold his head up on his own and move it freely... but I’m not so sure I’ve seen him lift his upper body yet cause I haven’t seen him on his stomach at all, also is he able to maintain his balance when placed on his side?” Namjoon asked.

“I don’t typically place him on his side or tummy so I don’t know either,” Jin said with a sigh.

“Then I think you should check those things before trying to give him baby food. If he lifts his upper body while on his tummy at least, then it should be fine since he’s met all the other criteria I can think of,” Na

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter