Chapter 3

Looking for Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jin’s POV

 

Jin stared at his phone, a frown etched into his features. He was taking a break from work and had decided to check the notifications on his phone only to find that he’d gotten a call from Hannah. It had been about a month since he’d broken up with her, and he honestly hadn’t expected her to ever call him. Seeing her name and picture on his phone screen with the missed call sign next to it caused all the feelings he’d been trying to suppress rise back up again. Why couldn’t he just get over her? Why was simply getting a phone call from her making him so irritated and sad? Why had she even called? Jin felt like chucking his phone against a wall for some reason but resisted the urge and set his phone down.

Should he call her back? Jin bit his lip trying to decide whether it was a good idea to call her back or not. What if it was important? What if it wasn’t? Maybe she just wanted to try and patch things up? Did he want that to happen? No. Jin had Namjoon now. Or well… at least they were in this in-between state, not official but very much exclusive from the looks of it even it had only been a couple of weeks. Within those couple of weeks they’d been on three dates (or at least that’s what Jin would call them), had dinner together every two to three days, and Jin had even invited Namjoon to go out with him and his friends on one of their bi-weekly excursions. All this within the span of two weeks.

Thinking about that, Jin wondered if they were going too fast? Two weeks wasn’t a long time and they still barely knew each other. Jin enjoyed Namjoon’s company but… was he really considering a relationship with the other already? Namjoon was kind, smart, and attentive, all qualities that Jin admired about the other, but that didn’t mean he should be growing so close to the other so quickly. Every time he thought about Namjoon he always wondered if maybe he was using the younger as a rebound for Hannah, why else would he be willing to see the other so often and constantly wonder what it would be like to become official?

On the other side of his thinking though he’d wonder if Namjoon really did want to be in a relationship with him. The younger hadn’t ever explicitly said it, but was it wrong of Jin to think that was what the other wanted? The way Namjoon treated him was reminiscent of how lovers would be around one another, so Jin was pretty sure Namjoon at the very least liked him in that way. Still… he didn’t think he should assume things.

Jin shook his head and focused back on his phone whose screen had turned black. Pressing the power button he watched the screen light up and then input his pin to unlock the phone. The call screen glared back at him with Hannah’s info still pulled up. Pursing his lips together he deleted her contact information. It was better this way he decided. She had only called once and hadn’t left a voicemail, so it probably wasn’t important. Jin needed to stop thinking about her and having her phone number in his phone was only a reminder, so this was better. It had to be.

After deleting her contact information, Jin went back to work, he only had a couple of hours left before he got to go home. He remembered that he was meeting with Hoseok and Yoongi for a movie night, and he was now looking forward to it more than before, it would be a nice distraction.

*************************************************************

“Hyungggg you won’t believe it!” Hoseok screeched as soon as he’d opened the door and saw Jin standing there. Jin just smiled and shook his head at the other.

“Shouldn’t you invite me in before screaming at me?” he asked jokingly and Hoseok laughed before ushering him inside and towards the sofa where Yoongi sat browsing through the selection on of movies Netflix had to offer. In front of him on the coffee table sat a bunch of drinks, popcorn, candy, and a lot of other junk food.

“Hey hyung,” Yoongi greeted the elder and Jin greeted him back as he took a seat in the recliner next to Yoongi. Hoseok sat down next to Yoongi squirming in excitement.

“So what were you going to tell me Hoseok?” Jin asked as he grabbed a can of soda and popped it open and looked at the movie Yoongi was considering.

“Yoongi finally got that promotion we talked about a while ago!” Hoseok exclaimed and Jin looked to see Yoongi roll his eyes.

“Wow, congratulations!” Jin said to the black haired male who nodded at him. “What did the promotion entai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter