Chapter 2

Looking for Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~A/N: There are some medical terms in this chapter (and there might be more in later chapters so…) I’ve indicated with asterisks (*) and the definitions/explanation of these will be at the bottom of the chapter

Namjoon’s POV

Namjoon couldn’t stop thinking about the beautiful male he’d met only three days ago. He’d been so enthralled by the other’s appearance he had been sort of shy to talk to him. However, Namjoon was glad he had talked to the other and even gotten the other’s name. Kim, Seokjin or Jin as he liked to be called. A beautiful name for a beautiful person was all Namjoon was able to think once he’d heard the name. Namjoon had been able to walk Jin home and on their walk, the two had exchanged small talk. Even though Namjoon was somewhat of a philosopher and preferred deep meaningful conversations, he didn’t mind small talk, especially with Jin. He’d probably enjoy any type of conversation with Jin, Namjoon mused to himself as he stared blankly at the papers in front of him. He was much too preoccupied to actually focus and it was for this reason that he didn’t hear the door to his office open and close.

“Namjoon-ah?” A voice called out to him. Namjoon looked up to be greeted by the sight of his boss, Mr. Sung looking down at him with a raised eyebrow.

“Oh good morning sir!” Namjoon quickly said as he stood up and bowed.

“Good morning to you too. How are you?” His boss asked.

“I’m doing well, and you?” Namjoon asked back as he sat back down and motioned for his boss to take a seat as well.

“As good as someone my age can be.” The old man chuckled and Namjoon joined him albeit nervously.

“You’re not that old sir.” Namjoon decided to say.

“My body begs to differ. So many aches and pains nowadays. You youngins wouldn’t understand.” Mr. Sung replied and chuckled again. “Anyway, I came to ask you how Mr. Yung’s case is going?”

“Ah yes, we finally got the results back for the *CSF tap. It’s as we suspected he has meningitis and it appears to be viral. I’m preparing a layout for the course of treatment I’d like to do for him. I should have it done by this afternoon and we’ve already started him on antibiotics.” Namjoon replied.

“I’m assuming you’ve already told him the diagnosis?”

“Yes, I’ve gone over the basics of it with him and answered the questions he had the time.”

“How severe is it?”

“It’s not to bad yet, I think if we go about this properly he’ll be feeling better within a few days and will be recovered within a couple of weeks.”

“Alright, thank you so much for seeing him. I knew I could count on you to look after my old friend” Mr. Sung said.

“It’s no problem. I’m glad I was able to help.” Namjoon responded smiling as well.

“Well, I’ll let you get back to your work. When will you be going in for Mrs. Hye’s surgery? I was hoping I could stick one of our residents with you to see how those types of surgeries are performed, she has a particular interest in that field.” Mr. Sung asked.

“She’s scheduled for 13:20 and I don’t mind taking a resident in with me. Just inform her to meet me around 13:00 so I can explain how I’ll be conducting the surgery.” Namjoon replied.

His boss nodded and then left. Namjoon looked down at the paperwork once more and sighed mentally preparing himself to get through it before making his rounds to check on his patients.

*************************************************************

Namjoon’s peaceful morning became a busy afternoon. He ended up having so much to do that he didn’t get to take his lunch break until well after 3 pm. He was starving by that time so he hurried to the hospital cafeteria to get something to eat. However, upon arrival he saw there was quite a long line, seeing this made him groan, maybe he should go out to eat? As he was debating on where to go for lunch, he heard someone call his name. He looked up from his phone and saw his friend Jackson waving him over. Putting away his phone Namjoon went towards him.

“Hey Jackson, how’s your day going?” Namjoon asked smiling at his friend.

“It’s hectic as always. Yours?” Jackson asked.

“Same. I didn’t even realize how busy I’d be today. You here to get lunch too?”

“Yea, I actually called ahead of time and had them set aside food for me so I wouldn’t have to deal with a possible line.”

“Oh smart, I should have done that. I’m so hungry, I really don’t want to wait in line” Namjoon said feeling stupid for not having thought of doing that.

“No worries, I actually asked them to set aside two. I was planning to keep the other one for later, but you can have it. Let’s eat together.” Jackson offered as he received two bags from one of the workers.

“You sure?” Namjoon asked eyeing the bags hungrily.

“Yep, I actually get to get off early today since I managed to shuffle my surgeries to earlier times today. So I don’t really need this second bag.” Jackson said as he handed it to Namjoon.

“Oh ok, thanks so much Jackson. How much do I owe you?” Namjoon asked feeling ever so grateful to the younger.

“Don’t worry about paying me, just buy me lunch next time,” Jackson replied as the two of them sat down at a table for two and opened their respective bags to pull out their meal and begin eating. As they ate, the two talked about random things ranging from new medicine to how their weekend was spent. Namjoon told Jackson about meeting Jin and the younger had a field day with the new information.

“So when are you two seeing each other again?” Jackson asked.

“Um… I don’t know. I gave him my number but he hasn’t texted or called me yet…” Namjoon said sadly. He honestly had hoped that Jin would have at least texted him, but as the days went on he still saw no new messages.

“Hmm well, it’s only been a few days. So... just give it more time.” Jackson encouraged and Namjoon nodded.

“Don’t look so down Namjoon, I’m sure he’ll text you, you said he admitted that he enjoyed having you walk him home, that’s something, so don’t lose hope,” Jackson said when he saw the elders sad look.

“Yea…” Namjoon replied with a sigh.

“ Seriously Namjoon don’t wo-” Jackson was interrupted by Namjoon’s phone going off. Namjoon held up a finger and then answered his phone without looking at the number.

“Hello?” Namjoon asked.

“H-hi...is this Namjoon? It’s Jin.” The voice responded causing Namjoon’s eyes to widen.

“Oh, Jin? Ah, yea it’s me! Um… I’m glad you called, I was hoping you would.” Namjoon said feeling his heart rate pick up. Meanwhile, Jackson had a wide grin on his face as he watched the scene play out.

“You were? Oh, um good thing I called then?” Jin said.

“Yea,” Namjoon replied smiling goofily. There was a moment of silence in which Namjoon began to panic thinking up any way he could keep the conversation from dying out, but it turned out that he didn’t need to.

“Um, so I was calling to ask...um… would you like to grab dinner with me sometime soon?” Jin asked sounding shy. Namjoon took a moment to process the question and then silently cheered inside his head, nodding his head even though Jin couldn’t see him.

“Yes, I’d love to! When?” Namjoon asked excitedly about the prospect of a possible dinner date.

“W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter