Chapter 5

Looking for Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jin’s POV

 

“But it’s October. Don’t people normally go on cruises in the summer?” Jin asked.

“Yea most do. But in the fall and winter time, there are significantly fewer people going so it’s more fun since you’ll be able to do more and not be crowded everywhere you go,” Hoseok reasoned.

“Ok, but still I don’t know,” Jin replied.

“Bring Namjoon and stop trying to get out of it,” Hoseok said.

“Are you sure I should ask him? Isn’t it too early?” Jin asked.

“How is it too early? You’ve literally been dating for three months now!” Hoseok responded giving Jin an astonished face.

“Three months isn’t that long!” Jin protested petulantly as he lightly sipped at his coffee. He was with Hoseok at their favorite coffee shop. They had decided to meet up to discuss going on the cruise that Hoseok and Yoongi had planned to go on before the baby they were adopting was born. Jin wanted to go but he didn’t want to third wheel the couple and so Hoseok was trying to convince him to bring Namjoon along, but Jin just wasn’t sure if that was a good idea.

“Three months is long enough and you know it. At three months Yoongi and I had practically moved in together.” Hoseok pointed out.

“That’s cause you two are perfect for each other and have always been together, as for me I haven’t even had him stay over at my place even once! Nor have I stayed over at his place.”

“So? It’s only a three-day cruise! That means you’ll only be spending two nights together.”

“But we’ve never done that before…”

“Again, so what? I don’t get what’s the big deal about this?”

“Hoseeoook,” Jin whined before continuing, “seriously, try to understand! We’ve never stayed at each other’s place for the night and on this cruise, we’d be in the same room for two nights with a single bed!” Jin emphasized trying to get the younger to understand what he was worried about.

Hoseok gave him a blank look before asking with the same blank face, “Are you trying to tell me you two haven’t done it yet?”

“Yes,” Jin answered looking down at his coffee while feeling slightly flushed over admitting it. He knew there was nothing wrong with taking his time but in this day and age, it seemed wrong to wait so long. Especially when he was already an adult. He knew for a fact teenagers these days dated for maybe a month and then would engage in ual acts (he’d overheard his clients talking about it) and here he was a grown adult in a relationship for three months and not once had they even discussed or attempted to do anything beyond kiss and short makeout sessions.

“Wow hyung... I’m actually surprised, but why are you embarrassed? It’s ok to take your time,” Hoseok said.

“I don’t know… I guess it’s just weird for some reason? I mean I’d usually have done it by the eighth date or a month into the relationship back in college...but I’ve only been in one relationship before Namjoon as an adult…. And I think I went too fast with her,” Jin admitted as he thought about Hannah again. He’d stopped thinking about Hannah as he’d started going on more and more dates with Namjoon. Namjoon had taken over his thoughts and Hannah had quietly slipped away to the back of his mind and stayed there. But it seemed that maybe she was still affecting him in ways he hadn’t noticed.

“Really hyung it’s ok, don’t think about her and don’t feel like you’re doing something wrong by taking your time. You were really hurt by her and it’s something you’d never experienced before if it’s caused you to be cautious it’s ok. You need to protect your heart more than anything else,” Hoseok said placing his hand over Jin’s in an effort to comfort the elder and reassure him.

Jin looked up and stared at Hoseok and then nodded acknowledging his words. “You’re right… thanks, and… I think maybe you’re also right about inviting Namjoon… I’ll call him and see.”

* * * * * * * *


“This is exciting,” Namjoon said as he grabbed Jin’s suitcase and placed it into the trunk of his car. When Jin had finally gathered up the courage to call Namjoon to ask if the younger wanted to go on a three-day cruise, the younger had agreed almost instantly and had sounded really excited. The excitement Namjoon showed had gotten to Jin and now the elder was also really excited about it too, more so than before.

“Yea, I just hope I don’t get seasick,” Jin said laughing lightly, he’d never been on a ship before, the most he’d ever done is get in a canoe one time at a small lake.

“I don’t think you will since you’ve never mentioned being afraid of the sea or boats or anything. But if you do, we can stay indoors the whole time so you don’t have to look at the water moving. Usually, that helps most people avoid seasickness. Unless what you got is motion sickness, in which case this trip would be the worst thing to go on,” Namjoon rambled on frowning at his final sentence and looking at Jin worriedly.

Jin laughed and shook his head as he placed the last of his suitcase into the trunk. “I don’t think that’s going to happen. Like you said I don’t fear water or boats so I should be fine.”

“Yea… But I brought medication that could help just in case anyone does get seasick,” Namjoon informed the elder as he closed the trunk and went over to the passenger side of the car to open it for Jin.

Jin climbed into the car and thanked the younger as he pulled on his seatbelt. Namjoon just nodded as he closed the door and then jogged over the driver’s side and got in. “Do you have the address? I forgot to set it onto the GPS,” Namjoon said looking over at Jin hopefully. Jin nodded and pulled up the confirmation email that had the tickets attached. He read out the address and Namjoon input it into his car’s GPS, and then the two were on their way.

They met up with Hoseok and Yoongi before boarding the large ship. Hoseok was bouncing on his feet from the amount of energy and excitement he was experiencing. Yoongi, on the other hand, had a blank expression as he stared at the huge ship in contemplation.

“Not excited about the cruise, Yoongi?” Jin asked bumping against the younger’s shoulder lightly.

Yoongi turned to him and shook his head. “No, that’s not it. I’m excited, just not as much as my husband over there. I think he’s got enough energy for the both of us,” Yoongi said with a sigh but Jin could see the small smile on the younger’s face as he stared at Hoseok fondly while Hoseok talked with Namjoon.

Jin laughed and nodded in acknowledgment to Yoongi’s statement. “He’s always been like that. Energetic that is,” Jin said.

“Yea… Sometimes I wonder how I manage to handle him when he’s being super jumpy. But I love that about him, it makes him like my own personal sunshine you know?”

“Awww that’s so sweet. You’re such a romantic, Yoongi.”

“Shut up and let’s get on that ship before it sets off without us,” Yoongi grumbled and grabbed the handles of his and Hoseok’s suitcases and began rolling them across the pier towards the ramp that led into the hull of the ship.

Jin dutifully followed behind calling for Namjoon and Hoseok to come as well. The two didn’t stop their conversation but hurried over to them so they could all board together.

Once on the ship, the group first went to find their reserved rooms. They were lucky enough to afford the higher-class rooms which were located only one stairwell down from the main deck. The two couples had reserved rooms right next to each other so once they’d found their room numbers they each went into their respective rooms saying they’d meet right outside in thirty minutes, which should give them enough time to unpack.

Namjoon opened the door to their room using their keycard and held it open for Jin to walk in. He then followed after and closed the door behind him. Jin looked around the decently large room. There was a bed in the center of the room with round windows on either side allowing them a view of the ocean. There was a wardrobe to the right of the bed along with a door which Jin found out led to the bathroom. In front of the bed, there was a small dining table with five decorative chairs circling it. In front of that, there was a TV mounted on the wall. Off to the right, there was a small kitchen area stocked with pans and utensils. A card taped to the table informed them everything in there was for their use but they were required to keep the area clean and not break anything or else their cards would be charged.

“What’s the point in a small kitchen if they serve meals on the ship?” Jin asked as he finished reading the card.

“That... is a good question,” Namjoon responded as he looked at Jin and shrugged.

“Hmm oh well. We’re not gonna be using the kitchen so whatever.”

“Yea… Wanna relax a bit or unpack now?”

“I don’t really think there’s anything to unpack. I’d rather keep my stuff in my suitcase that way I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter