Chapter 4

Looking for Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Namjoon's POV

 

It was raining again today and Namjoon was stuck at home with nothing to do. He honestly hadn’t planned for rain as it was already June almost about to be July. But it looked like this summer would be a rainy one. Namjoon sighed growing tired of flipping through the piles of paperwork on his desk. He pushed them aside deciding he could look over them later. Leaning back in his chair, he stretched his arms and let out a groan seeing how stiff his muscles had grown. After working out the kinks in his back he stood up and headed to the living room, grabbing his cell phone on the way.

He sat on his sofa and unlocked his phone pulling up his messages to Seokjin. They had a date planned for later today, but thanks to how badly it was pouring outside, he wondered if maybe they’d have to cancel. He really didn’t want that, but what else could they do if the weather didn’t let up?

To Jin-hyung <3

Hey hyung, the weather's gotten worse

and according to the forcast the rain

won’t be letting up. (1:00 pm)

Should we cancel? (1:01 pm)

Namjoon put his phone aside and slouched against the sofa. He glared at the window wishing the rain would stop so he could retract his question. He really wanted to see Jin, he always liked being able to see the elder. In the four months that’d they’d known each other the two had grown close. They had gone on many dates here and there together but had yet to make their relationship official. They were sort of in this in between state of being friends and a bit more than friends. Namjoon wanted to ask the elder to be his boyfriend but he was scared of rejection. Even though they’d been hanging out more and more these past couple of months, Namjoon still had a feeling that Jin wasn’t ready to accept him as a boyfriend.

There was just something about the elder’s behavior that gave Namjoon the feeling Jin would be hesitant to be in a relationship right now. And Namjoon was pretty confident it wasn’t because of himself but rather some other factor that he was unaware of. He sometimes had the urge to ask Jin but always refrained afraid it would be something huge that might cause a rift in their current relationship and ruin the possible future one.

Namjoon was pulled out of his musings when his phone pinged signaling he’d gotten a message. He unlocked his phone expecting it was from Jin and was correct in his assumption, he opened up his messaging app and read the message smiling as he did.

From Jin-hyung <3

Why should a little rain stop us from meeting? (1:07 pm)

Let’s just change the plan a little? (1:07 pm)

Maybe instead of going out, you could come over

and we could watch a movie together

I could also make us a nice lunch ^.^ (1:08 pm)

To Jin-hyung <3

I’d love that! (1:08 pm)

But are you sure you’re ok with that? (1:08 pm)

I mean we haven’t really spent time at each other’s

place and I got the feeling you were avoiding such

things? Or am I reading things wrong? I’m sorry if I am! (1:09 pm)

Namjoon bit his lower lip as he anxiously waited for a response. Maybe he shouldn’t have sent the last message? He should have just accepted and let things be! What if Jin got annoyed at him for assuming or worse what if Namjoon was right and now Jin felt awkward and embarrassed? He didn’t want to make the elder uncomfortable or embarrassed in any way. That was the last thing he ever intended.

From Jin-hyung <3

You’re not wrong (1:11 pm)

I have been avoiding it… but it isn’t your fault

or anything… I’m just… (1:11 pm)

I don’t really want to explain right now, but someday

I’ll tell you ok? (1:12 pm)

To Jin-hyung <3

Of course, don’t feel pressured to tell me.

I can wait. (1:13 pm)

But if it makes you uncomfortable it’s ok, we don’t

have to go to each other’s places yet. (1:13 pm)

I really don’t mind rescheduling our little outing. I just

want you to be comfortable. (1:14 pm)

From Jin-hyung <3

No no, please come over! (1:15 pm)

I was hesitant earlier on, but now I want you to come over.

I won’t be uncomfortable, promise (1:15 pm)

I think it’s actually time we did move our relationship up a

little and become close enough to go to each other’s

places (1:16 pm)

To Jin-hyung <3

Are you sure hyung? (1:16 pm)

I really don’t mnd if you want to wait a bit longer (1:16 pm)

*mind (1:16 pm)

From Jin-hyung <3

You’re really too sweet (1:17 pm)

I’m sure Joon-ah :) (1:17 pm)

Come over and let’s spend some time together,

it’s been almost a week since I last got to see you (1:17 pm)

To Jin-hyung <3

Ok… if you’re sure then I’ll come over (1:18 pm)

Is around 3:30 still good? (1:18 pm)

From Jin-hyung <3

Come earlier, maybe 2:30 or

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter