Chapter 6

Looking for Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Namjoon’s POV

Namjoon blew at his freezing fingers. Despite wearing gloves he was still freezing in the cold December weather. He glanced at his watch, wondering when Jin would show up and regretting showing up so early for their date. The two had planned to go Christmas shopping together and had arranged to meet up at the mall around five since that would be when Jin got off of work.

At the moment it was about three minutes past five. Usually, Jin would call to let him know if he was going to be late, so Namjoon assumed the elder was already on his way and so he waited patiently even though he was cold. Thankfully he didn’t have to wait for much longer as he saw Jin walking towards him from amongst a crowd of people heading into the mall. Jin waved and so Namjoon waved back.

“Sorry I’m a little late. You should have waited inside! It’s freezing out here,” Jin said as he shivered exaggeratedly to prove his point.

“It’s fine. I’m fine. Let’s go in now though?” Namjoon responded with a smile and Jin nodded taking a hold of Namjoon’s gloved hand. The two walked hand-in-hand into the mall and were relieved to feel the warm air surround them once they were inside. Their freezing bodies immediately began warming up. They started walking around looking at the windows of all the shops as they debated on where to go first. They eventually settled on shopping for clothing first. When they felt warm enough they took off their heavy winter coats and gloves and carried them around as they walked.

Namjoon really loved this time of year. Christmas was such a wonderful holiday in his opinion. The streets would be so colorful, children could be seen on Santa’s lap wishing for certain presents, parents would smile more, and the whole atmosphere was just livelier than usual, and Namjoon enjoyed that. Even at the hospital things would lighten up considerably. He’d get to see patients be more joyful even if they were going through a tough time, he’d get to witness little ‘Christmas miracles’ as people became more generous. The thing he loved most about the season though was the hope it would usually bring people. Since right after Christmas came the New Year.

“Namjoon what do you think of this sweater? Would Hoseok like it?” Jin asked him as he lifted a reindeer sweater from its rack and held it up for inspection.

“It looks cute. And since Hoseok likes cute things I think he would,” Namjoon answered as he ran his hand along the fabric to determine if it was soft or not. “It’s soft, too which would make it more comfy to wear, and as far as I know Hoseok hyung likes themed outfits kind of like you.”

“True true. Hmm, I’m gonna get this for him then… and maybe one for myself too,” Jin said mostly to himself as he looked for another sweater in his size but paused to pull something else out.

“Ohh look at this!” Jin continued as he picked out a cute green shirt that had a picture of Santa’s elves on it.

“Hmm it’s cute,” Namjoon commented and Jin glanced back at him before holding it against Namjoon’s chest and inspecting it.

“I think it would look nice on you. You should try it on,” Jin decided as he made Namjoon take a hold of the shirt so he could keep looking at what else the store had to offer.

Namjoon smiled as he watched his boyfriend continue to pick out clothes. While he found the shirt cute he wasn’t sure he’d ever wear it, but if it would make Jin happy he’d definitely try it on at least.

Jin kept pulling out different shirts and sweaters from the racks and asking for Namjoon’s opinion every once in a while. Namjoon would give the elder his honest opinion and was always appreciative of the fact that Jin never took offense to even his negative commentary. The two stayed in the shop for a while just browsing along the racks and picking out things they really liked to try on.

“I think we’ve looked at enough here. Let’s try a different store,” Jin said after a while and Namjoon agreed. The two purchased the items they wanted and then went to a different shop to browse some more. They ended up visiting three clothing shops in total, and from each, they managed to find quite a few things to buy. By the end of it, Jin had bought about seven shirts and sweaters for Hoseok and Yoongi and three new outfits for himself. Namjoon, on the other hand, had gotten a few sweaters for some of his friends at work.

The two then went to an electronics store to see what kind of deals they were having. Namjoon ended up buying a new laptop for himself and an expensive iPad for his younger brother. Jin bought a new phone cover for himself and Namjoon, saying he wanted them to have matching phone covers like couples sometimes did. Namjoon was fine with it since the covers weren’t something ridiculous but rather chic and nice.

After the electronics store, they visited a toy store and went to the baby section since they both wanted to get something for Yoongi and Hoseok’s child who was going to be born very soon, in two weeks as a matter of fact.

“Oh my god look at these! They’re so cute! I want to buy all of them!” Jin exclaimed as he looked at all the big-eyed stuffed animals. Namjoon laughed as he watched Jin pull out one of every type of stuffed animal the store had. “You sure about that hyung? I’m sure Yoongi and Hoseok have already purchased a bunch of stuffies for their kid,” Namjoon warned.

“A baby can never have too many stuffies. Besides, just look at these! They’re too cute and they’re so soft too! Here feel it!” Jin said shoving a lion into Namjoon’s arms. Namjoon hummed as he felt the soft material the stuffed lion was made out of; Jin was right about that.

“Still hyung, maybe you should look around some more before settling on just stuffies?” Namjoon suggested and Jin pouted but decided he was right, and so they left the stuffed animals behind to look around some more.

The both of them ended up finding a lot of things they liked and thought would be a nice gift for the baby which made choosing the perfect gift difficult. After a lot of debating the two eventually decided to just get the stuffed animals and some story books along with a music box that played all the nursery rhymes.

Namjoon liked the music box the best thinking that was the best gift they’d decided to get. It was small but ornate with beautiful glittering stones of blue and white. It had a little glass unicorn on top and was hexagonal in shape. When they were getting the gifts wrapped, Namjoon requested extra cushioning be placed around the music box as it was kind of fragile. With all their Christmas shopping done, the two headed to the food court to enjoy a meal together before heading home.

“My feet hurt from all that walking,” Namjoon said with a groan as he took a seat at the table in the well-lit restaurant. It wasn’t a classy restaurant but it wasn’t fast food either.

“Mine too, but I enjoyed shopping together, and I’m glad I was able to find something for everyone,” Jin said happily as he sipped at his beverage.

“You mean somethings. I swear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter