Chapter 1

Looking for Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had only been a week and already Jin was finding it hard to forget about Hannah. He had managed to avoid thinking about her for the first couple of days, but his resolve broke on the third day. After that, he tried really hard to keep his thoughts about her to a minimum but it proved to be too much. By the end of the week, he ended up taking a sick day at work to stay home and wallow in his own self-pity. As he lay on the sofa he began thinking about how he and Hannah met. He just couldn't help it.

He kept thinking about how much he liked her. Hannah was his childhood friend, they'd known each other since the second grade. Hannah had been the new student who'd arrived one late autumn morning. She had just moved to Korea from Japan and didn't even know the language well enough to communicate. Thankfully, Jin knew enough Japanese and was able to translate for her. And that was how they became friends. Hannah relied on Jin for a good portion of the school year before she began to assimilate into the Korean culture and adapt to her new environment. By the end of that year, the two of them had become best friends and were practically inseparable.

It stayed that way up until high school, they stayed best friends and where you'd find one, you could usually find the other. However while growing up the both of them began to feel differently about each other, but both were too scared to try and go further in their relationship. Was losing their friendship worth the risk of becoming lovers? That was the question that would plague their minds from freshman to junior year. It was only in their senior year that Hannah finally got the courage to confess, and Jin graciously accepted.

From there it was the typical romance you'd see in any story. There were a million dates, roses, love songs, poems, laughter, you name it. They were the perfect couple, or so everyone thought. But that wasn't the case at all, they were pushing themselves to be perfect when truly neither of them were. They might have grown up together and known practically everything about one another, but somehow they forgot the most fundamental thing for any relationship. Communication. Jealousy got the best of them. It started with their timing being off, the two were in their senior year and as such had many things to do in order to prepare for college. While trying to get their lives together and apply for colleges, they lost touch with one another and began drifting. When they did manage to find time for a date, they found themselves not speaking as openly with one another as they used to. Neither of them understood why it was so hard just to say what was on their mind, but it just was.

The final blow to their relationship came when they got accepted to different colleges, or more precisely, choose different colleges. The two had planned for a long time to go to college together, but as it so happened, Hannah ended up getting accepted to a different college, one more oriented to her dreams. Jin also got accepted to a college geared towards producing law students, which he really wanted to go to. However, he was prepared to give it up and settle for the school they'd planned to attend together. But Hannah's plans changed, she actually got into her dream school and she didn't want to give it up. Jin was angry when she told him but at the same time, he understood. Still, he felt she should be willing to give it up for him, just as he was for her. They argued it was the biggest argument they'd ever had, all their pent-up feeling bursting out and by the end of it they decided it was best they went their separate ways.

The day before Hannah was supposed to leave for her new school, Jin went to see her. He had thought it over and realized that they shouldn't end like this. They had known each other for so long, been through so much, and he should at least try to rekindle their friendship. He didn't want their end to be like this, he wanted to be able to talk to her if they ever met again. And so he apologized, and so did she. They agreed to stay friends and that was the end of it, at least until they met again at a coffee shop in Seoul.

Thinking about the coffee shop brought tears to Jin's eyes. He used to love that place, but now it would forever be a bittersweet memory. With a sigh, Jin forced himself off the sofa and forced himself to stop thinking about the past. He rubbed his eyes to try and keep the tears from falling. He needed a distraction, something to get his mind off her. He headed towards the kitchen to get himself a glass of water, on the way he picked up his cell phone of the counter. He turned it on to find a message from Hoseok. He unlocked his phone and clicked on the notification.

Jin smiled to himself softly. Hoseok was such a nice kid, he was happy to have met both him and Yoongi. Jin thought it over and decided he should take Hoseok up on the offer. A few drinks would help him feel better...maybe. With a sigh, Jin clicked on Hoseok's number and pressed dial. After a couple of rings, the younger answered.

"Hello, Hyung!" Hoseok said as soon as he picked up.

"Hey, Hoseok. How are you?" Jin asked with a small smile on his lips.

"I'm doing well. Did you get my message?"

"Yep, that's why I'm calling after all. I'd love to hang out with you two. Which club did you have in mind?"

"How about that new one that opened up a couple blocks down from your firm?" Hoseok suggested sounding rather excited.

"Sure, I haven't been there yet. When should I expect to see you guys?" Jin asked.

"Hmm...let's say in an hour so six! Yoongi will have to join us a little later since he's working on some things at the station."

"Ah I see, how's work going for him?"

"It's fine, he thinks he's close to a promotion which is super exciting!"

"Is that so? That's amazing. He hasn't been a police officer long, and he's already gonna be promoted, that's really impressive."

"Yep! Oh and I have more news, but I think I'll wait until I see you to tell you!" Hoseok said giggling. Jin raised an eyebrow in curiosity though he knew the other couldn't see him.

"Oh, what news? Can't I know now?" Jin questioned.

"Noppppeee! I'll tell you when I see you hyung! I'm gonna go get ready now, see you soon hyung!" And with that Hoseok hung up before Jin could try to pry any answers out of him.

Letting out a small chuckle, Jin put his phone back on the counter. He was still feeling depressed, but he figured he'd feel better once he met up with his two friends. He glanced over at the clock to see it was 4:55. It would only take him about ten minutes to walk to the club. Running a hand through his hair he decided to go ahead and take a shower before getting dressed.

*************************************************************

Jin arrived at the club five minutes before six. He walked in and headed straight towards the bartender to order a drink. Thinking his choices through, he decided to get something with only a little bit of alcohol since he didn't want to be drunk before Hoseok even arrived. The bartender made him his drink and Jin thank

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter