Chapter 12

Looking for Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Namjoon's POV

"Wow, you weren't kidding when you said she works fast," Jin commented as he looked at the list of potential houses Namjoon's friend had sent them. Namjoon nodded chuckling a little, "she's always been like that. I've known her since we were both in high school and I've always known her as someone who's on top of her game. She's never been behind on anything."

"All the teachers must have loved her for that," Jin said with a hum as he kept scrolling through Namjoon's phone and critically analyzing the houses.

"They did, I think she and I were the teacher's pet," Namjoon agreed with a laugh, "what about you, were you a teacher's pet?"

"Me?" Jin asked looking up from the phone finally and thinking for a moment before shaking his head.

"No, I teacher'sI was too rowdy for that as a kid. Though maybe I was a little with my political science teachers and definitely in law school," Jin answered with a shrug and then returned to the phone.

"Ah, so you became a teacher's pet when the subject interested you?" Namjoon asked and Jin nodded.

"So I guess we can expect that of Jimmine huh? I wonder what you'll end up being passionate about," Namjoon said as he smiled down at the baby in his arms who was floating in between waking up and sleeping as if he couldn't decide, though Namjoon rocking him ever so gently was making him look ever more sleepier. Jimin had woken up only ten minutes ago crying while Jin had been cleaning up after the two had eaten breakfast and so Namjoon had gone to pick him up. After a little rocking, Jimin had gone quiet and had started falling asleep again but refused to be put down as whenever Namjoon tried to put him back in the crib he'd be wide awake again and start crying.

"Hmm he might take after Hannah though, and Hannah was a teacher's pet in every class," Jin said looking away from the phone screen towards Jimin who let out an adorable yawn as he curled closer to Namjoon and one of his tiny hands began bunching up Namjoon's dress shirt.

"That's true, either way, I'm sure he'll end up being a genius. He's already so smart and reaching developmental stages early on," Namjoon said.

"Hmm... speaking of development...Hoseok mentioned getting him a pediatric doctor yesterday and I wanted to ask you about it. How's that done? And you're specialized in pediatrics so would you be his doctor? Wait, is that allowed since you're basically raising him with me?" Jin asked looking at Namjoon.

Namjoon hummed at Jin's questions thinking for a moment before answering, "Well it's basically through your insurance that you get a pediatric doctor so you'll have to talk with them about that, but as for me being his doctor um I can be but... I don't want to be. I don't think it would be right. If Jimin were to get really sick I think I'd panic and not be able to look at things objectively enough to figure out what's wrong. I'd probably end up being too invested and go overboard and think he has some sort of rare disease or something when in reality it might have been nothing too severe. Same with you which is why I don't ever want to be your doctor either because I'm afraid if I had to do a surgery on you I'd be to emotionally invested," Namjoon looked at Jin apologetically as he spoke thinking he might be letting the elder down. Jin listened and didn't react negatively to anything when Namjoon finished explaining, he put down the phone and scooted closer before giving Namjoon a hug from the side.

"Ok, I get it. Don't worry about it and don't look so apologetic. I'm not mad or upset, I'm actually kind of really happy that you care about us so much," Jin said kissing his cheek.

"Of course I care about you two so much, I love you Jin, more then words can express... I want to have forever with you, want to be by your side for everything, both the good and bad. I want to be there for you and want you to rely on me. Same goes for Jimin," Namjoon said adamantly as he stared at Jin sincerely.

Jin smiled hearing that confession, he really adored how good Namjoon was with words. He always knew what to say and when to say it in Jin's opinion. Jin moved closer and wrapped his arms around Namjoon's neck and pulled him in for a kiss, leaving enough space between them so they didn't smush the baby who had finally closed his eyes and kept them closed.

"I want the same. I want you to rely on me whenever you need me," Jin whispered once he pulled away, keeping his forehead rested against the younger. Namjoon smiled sweetly at Jin, his eyes showing nothing but undeniable love for the elder.

"That being said I do have some friends who I'd think would be a great choice to be Jimin's pediatric doctor," Namjoon said cheerfully and Jin chuckled while nodding. "I trust your decisions so I'll leave it to you to ask and when you have someone who's willing just let me know," Jin said.

"Will do," Namjoon responded with another nod and then glanced down at the table towards his cellphone.

"So, have you decided which houses you want to see?" Namjoon asked.

"Oh yeah, I actually wouldn't mind any of these. They all look nice, but I did star the ones I really wanted to see," Jin responded.

"Cool, send her those and she'll make up a plan for us depending on the locations of each house," Namjoon said as he stood up and walked over to the bassinet and placed the sleeping baby into it.

"He's so adorable when he's sleeping and this onesie is perfect on him," Namjoon said as he tucked the little one in. Jin chuckled nodding though he couldn't see at the moment, he knew Jimin looked adorable when sleeping and especially in the onesie that Hoseok had picked out.

"Hoseok always did have an eye for cute things," Jin decided to say.

"So do you, I think if you'd seen this onesie first you'd have gotten it yourself," Namjoon stated as he came back to sit beside his lover.

"Hmm probably," Jin agreed as he rested his head against Namjoon's shoulder. "So what should we do while waiting for her to respond?"

"Um... I don't know... movie?"

"We always watch movies, let's do something else today."

"What do you have in mind love?"

"Nothing... but I just don't feel like watching anything anymore."

"Well... we could do some online shopping for possible furniture for once we get our new house?"

"Yes! Let's do that!" Jin said excitedly. He always loved going shopping especially when he got to decorate. He rushed off to his room and came back with a laptop and then began looking at online selections for different items.

"Let's start with the living room cause I want it to look homey and inviting," Jin said as he pulled up the selections for living room furniture.

"Fine by me," Namjoon said as he cuddled closer and watched Jin scroll through the items occasionally pointing things out that he liked.

After an hour of just browsing Namjoon spoke up as a sudden thought occurred to him, "Hey Jin?"

"Hmm?" Jin hummed in reply.

"When do you start work again?" Namjoon asked curiously seeing as the elder hadn't been to work in over a week and a half.

"I'm going back on Monday. So we've got the next five days to figure this out if we can, it be nice to pick out a house in that time but I'm not going to get too hopeful on that since I know these things take time," Jin answered.

"You never know, we might end up finding the perfect house today and signing sooner than you think, after all, we've got pretty stable and well-paying jobs."

"That's true... and from what I saw most of the houses are actually newly built so no previous owners!"

"Oh really? I didn't know that" Namjoon said surprised.

"Yea, most of them were built this year from what I noticed," Jin replied.

"That's nice," Namjoon said just as he heard his phone chime. Picking it up he grinned seeing the realtor had responded.

"She's done making a game plan and asked us when we'd be ready to start previewing the houses," Namjoon said.

"We could go after we change so maybe ten minutes? Where does she want to meet?" Jin asked.

"The first house we'll be touring looks like... hmm... it's twenty minutes from here," Namjoon replied.

"Tell her we'll meet her in thirty minutes then," Jin replied.

* * * *

"It'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter