Chapter 9

Looking for Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jin's POV

Jin was humming a soft tune to the baby, who was asleep in his arms while sitting outside under a tree in the garden area the hospital had. His older brother was inside performing a surgery and that left Jin alone with only his thoughts. He was much calmer now then he had been less than an hour ago. Talking to his boyfriend has really helped, and knowing the younger was driving here just to be with him made his heart soar. He felt so loved when Namjoon hadn't even hesitated and just said he was coming, not even asking if he should and instead saying he would. He was also happy that the younger hadn't asked about Hannah or his son over the phone. That was a conversation better had in person.

As Jin continued thinking about how lucky he was to have Namjoon in his life, Jimin started stirring in his arms and let out a little cry. Jin noticed that he stopped humming and so he started humming again while rocking the child to try and soothe him. The effect was instant, Jimin settled back into Jin's arms and closed his eyes while ceasing his cries. His little hand curled around Jin's shirt once again as he made a small cooing sound, seemingly content.

"You sure like holding onto me when you fall asleep," Jin whispered once the baby was asleep again. He smiled at the little bundle in his arms. Jimin was a really cute baby so it was hard not to smile around him. Jin studied the baby's features as he gently rocked him. Jimin had jet black hair which matched Hannah's. He had a really tiny nose, ovalish face, pale complexion, and beautiful amber eyes which matched Jin's own eye color. Jin could easily see what features Jimin had gotten from whom and while he looked a lot like Hannah, it was obvious that Jimin was his son as well. There was just something about his eyes and the shape of his face that resembled Jin a lot.

Jin carefully cradled Jimin with one arm and then used his other to the baby's cheek. Jimin's skin was warm and soft just like it was supposed to be. "What am I going to do?" Jin whispered to himself as he held the baby close. He really was conflicted about his choices. He had made up his mind only yesterday about what he'd do.

He had planned to let Hannah raise Jimin, he would help her financially and visit from time to time to see Jimin. He was going to let Hannah decide if she wanted Jimin to know that Jin was his father. But he would have been fine if she only wanted Jin to be known as a family friend to Jimin. Jin thought it would be for the best to only have a limited presence in Jimin's life, so long as he had some presence in it. It would be better in the long run, because then he and Hannah wouldn't have to work out an arrangement on how to raise him. There wouldn't be conflicts because Jin would only come over once in a while and only for a little bit. Hannah would be in control and get to make all the decisions in regards to Jimin's future and how he was brought up. Jin had figured doing that would allow Jimin to have a normal life and not be like those children who had parents who they'd have to split their time with. But that plan was no longer possible.

Now he had to decide whether he wanted to raise Jimin or let a stranger take the baby as their own. Jin knew there was another choice, his brother had mentioned an open adoption to him, but Jin was against it. He didn't want to put that kind of pressure on the parents to be if he went the adoption route. It would just be awkward for all of them, and might even be detrimental to Jimin's growth in the future. Jimin would question why Jin gave him up if he were to keep in touch with the adoptive parents and Jin wouldn't have an answer for him, not one that would appease Jimin when he grew up anyway. And for that reason, he was against the idea. He'd rather just decide between raising his child on his own or giving him up for someone else to raise. Still, it was a hard and heavy decision, one that weighed down on him for many reasons, and he just couldn't make his mind up.

"Jin-ah you should come back inside now. It's really cold out here and It's not good for either of you to be outside for too long," Seokjung said, pulling Jin out his thoughts. Jin looked up at his brother and sniffed realizing how chilly it was. He looked down at Jimin and was surprised to see the baby was awake yet again. How long had he been thinking? Jimin hadn't made a sound so Jin guessed the baby was content just being held. Jin wrapped the blanket more tightly around the baby to make sure he was warm before standing up. Jimin let out a coo as he was shifted around but fell silent once Jin started walking.

"Are you done with your shift?" Jin asked as he walked towards the door leading inside, his brother following beside him.

"Not yet. I'm taking a little break right now. But I have three more hours to go," Seokjung replied.

"Why do you take the night shift?" Jin asked not understanding how his brother could function at two in the morning.

"It's only three days a week, not too difficult. Besides I'm used to it by now," Seokjung responded. Jin hummed as they walked into his brother's office and both took a seat.

"Can I hold him for a bit?" Seokjung asked and Jin nodded, carefully setting Jimin into the other's arms. Seokjung cradled the infant in his arms while smiling down at him. Jimin looked back at Seokjung with curious eyes. The eldest pulled the blanket down a bit so Jimin could move his arms and then Seokjung wiggled his fingers in front of Jimin. The baby stared at the eldest's fingers before trying to grab a hold of them while making baby noises.

The baby swatted at the air with closed fists and kept missing Seokjung's fingers, which only made him babble louder and kick his feet occasionally. This made both Jin and Seokjung laugh. Jimin was honestly just really adorable. In the week that Jin had been here and taken care of Jimin, he had constantly found himself smiling or laughing at the babies antics. While Jimin wasn't loud at all (most likely because of the injury to his throat) he was very attention seeking as Hannah had described him to be. If Jimin was awake you'd know because he'd make noises or cry to gain your attention. He loved having people entertain him, and also loved being held. It had taken Jin only a day to realize how much Jimin loved being held. The baby would cry if you left him alone for too long or had gone ten minutes without holding him.

"Have you fed him yet?" Seokjung suddenly asked as he let Jimin grab a hold of his finger. The eldest then moved his finger around while Jimin was still holding it which made Jimin gurgle and stare with wide eyes.

"No..." Jin answered.

"Hmm, I think you should try feeding him soon. Hasn't it been about three hours since he was last fed?"

"Yea more or less... But I don't know if I can feed him. He hates the formula you gave me. He didn't eat much."

"I'm aware of that... but he's got to get used to it."

"Even if you say that, it won't be easy to get him to drink it," Jin said with a frown.

"I know that... But Hannah isn't here anymore and he still needs to eat " Seokjung pointed out reminding Jin that Hannah wasn't even there to provide the baby with sustenance anymore. Now the poor child would have to get used to something he hated and gotten used to not drinking.

"Y-you're right... Should I feed him now?" Jin asked swallowing the bitter feeling rising in his throat.

"You should try at least... I'll go get him a bottle and I'll try bringing a different brand of formula, maybe he'll like it, here," Seokjung said removing his hand from the baby's grip and giving Jimin back to Jin. "I'll be right back," Seokjung said and then left.

Jimin was quiet for a moment and so was Jin, but then Jimin's fingers brushed Jin's shirt as the baby began to babble again. Jin looked down at Jimin who was staring up at him with his beautiful eyes. Jin smiled at the baby and was surprised when the corner's of Jimin's lips also turned upwards slightly as if the baby was trying to smile back at him. Seeing this for the first time, Jin was amazed and a little overwhelmed. It felt as if the baby was trying to encourage him or at least convey that everything would be ok. As absurd as that thought was, it was still how he felt and so the weight that was weighing him down lightened a little.

"If I gave you away, I'd miss all these moments wouldn't I?" Jin whispered as he shifted Jimin around a bit and then let Jimin take a hold of his finger. The little one tried to pull Jin's finger towards his mouth but Jin didn't want Jimin's slobber all over his finger (or to accidentally get the baby sick) so he would pull his finger back before Jimin could do what he intended. The reaction he'd get was downright priceless, as the baby's eyes would widen and he'd stick out his tongue and let out a little whine, before attempting to pull Jin's finger back to his mouth yet again.

"But then again I'd have missed them even if Hannah was alive since I decided to let her raise you on her own..." Jin continued talking to himself while entertaining Jimin who was once again babbling while holding Jin's finger and just moving it around since he wasn't able to put it in his mouth. Jin sighed as he asked himself, "Why is it so hard for me to just make a decision?"

The baby looked up at him and gurgled again as if he was trying to give Jin an answer which made Jin laugh. As his laughter died down, his phone began ringing in his pocket. Jin removed his finger from the baby's grip which led to the baby waving his hands around while making something that sounded like a noise of protest. Jin laughed a little and then reached into his pocket. He pulled out his phone and saw it was Namjoon who was calling. He quickly answered it.

"Hello?" He said into the receiver.

"Hey, I just parked. Could you tell me where to find you?" Namjoon asked, and Jin could hear the younger shuffling out of his car and closing the door.

"I'm in my brother's office. Where did you park?"

"Um, I'm not sure... it was near the emergency doors."

"That's the west side then. So what you'll need to do is go to the elevators by the front desk of the emergency room, take them to the fifth floor. Then you'll go to your left as soon as you're out of the elevators. There are some locked doors to the hallway I'm in which you'll eventually reach if you keep going straight, so I'll be waiting there to get you."

"So take the elevators, the fifth floor, left, and that's it?"

"Yea," Jin responded.

"Ok, I'm on my way then... how are you feeling by the way?" Namjoon asked as he walked.

"Better than when I called you, but still uncertain about what to do," Jin answered.

"Good, I'm glad you're doing a bit better. Don't stress ok baby? We'll figure this out together," Namjoon promised just as the door opened and Seokjung entered, holding a baby bottle filled with formula in one hand. The elder saw that Jin was on the phone and so he walked over and took Jimin from Jin. Jin mouthed thanks as Seokjung began rocking the baby and tried to feed him.

"Alright," Jin replied smiling to himself again. How in the world did he get so lucky to have a boyfriend like Namjoon, he thought to himself.

"I'm going to hang up now ok? I entered the elevator so I should be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter