The Heart Never Lies

I Wanna Hold You
Please log in to read the full chapter

JaeBeom stood in the front part of the stage in his club Campari Soda and fulfilled his role as the lead singer of the band perfectly. Today's practice was the first one they were able to complete all together. This also meant that JinYoung heard the elder sing for the very first time as well. He was surprised about the smoothness of the other’s voice. His honey like voice fitted the sound of the band very well. Listening to it felt like velvet for his ears. It was beyond beautiful.

The way the elder sang distracted JinYoung so much that he even missed his cue to start playing which then led them to restart the song. JinYoung would have expected JaeBeom to give some kind of nasty remark and tell the other band members once again that this was a waste of time and that they shouldn't have put their energy into training him. To his surprise, however, JaeBeom kept silent. He didn't even turn to glare at JinYoung for making such a stupid and obvious mistake. When they finally started all over, JinYoung was able to find his cue this time around and started playing the notes he had been practising non-stop for the past three days.

A sweet melody echoed through the big room. The notes of the song were hit almost perfectly by every member of the band. They harmonised well together and that was clearly hearable in the song they played right now. Of course they still made some mistakes. All of them were. However, the more they played the song the rarer those mistakes became. Nevertheless, it was incredibly hard for JinYoung to focus on his keyboard that day. JaeBeom's surprisingly strong and wonderful vocals were only one of many reasons why this was the case.

As a singer himself, JinYoung instantly realised that JaeBeom had a very strong vocal range. His voice was unique and beautiful. It's one of those voices you'll recognise instantly after hearing it randomly on the radio. JaeBeom also had one of those voices people in JinYoung's biz would kill for. Even JinYoung began to imagine working on a song with the elder for one of his band’s albums. It would fit well. Or at least he believed that it would. However, reality is that an official collaboration was impossible to pursue due to his current situation. It's a pity to be honest.

With a big smile on his face, DoWoon hit his drums in the correct rhythm and occasionally looked at his band members to make sure everything went well. He had the perfect place to do that as well. It has its perks to set up one’s instrument in the classic band constellation. DoWoon was perfectly happy with his place in the back of the stage for that very reason. Brian, Jae and SungJin also kept on checking if everything was okay by constantly turning towards the other members. All of them showcased a pleased expression on their faces. They looked tired but also perfectly happy.

The finale of their song 'How Can I Say' was coming up for which Jae had to play a set of fast and complex constellations of notes. However, before Jae even had the chance to plug the first string on his guitar for that part JaeBeom raised his hand and signalled his fellow band members to stop playing. Slowly but surely every one of them played one last note and then stared up ahead to their leader. JinYoung was the last one who noticed JaeBeom's gesture. Disappointed, he pulled his fingers away from the black and white keys and stared at JaeBeom in confusion.

The elder didn't turn towards them. Nonetheless, it was clear that he was displaying a bright smile on his face.  JinYoung curiously followed JaeBeom's gaze and then finally noticed a man standing in the entrance of the club.

Casually, a dark haired man leaned on the small piece of wall that separated the entrance corridor to his right from the bar to his left. The man had a very cool vibe surrounding him. JinYoung wasn't really sure why that was the case. It might have been the way he wore his hair, which was a mess but somehow still made him look incredibly good. On the other hand his way of dress could also have been the reason for this impression. Even though the outfit was rather simple - he wore light brown trousers, a white shirt and a jacket made of denim - he somehow made it look way cooler than any normal person would have been able to.

With a playful looking smirk he stared at the stage. For a quick moment his eyes wandered from one member to the other. JinYoung felt the gaze of the other lingered on him slightly longer than on the others. However, soon after that the man's eyes drifted away and focused on JaeBeom. His facial expression instantly softened to a lovable stare.

"Hey Chrigu!" Jae yelled while waving his hands happily to greet the other.
Chrigu lifted his hand to greet Jae back. With a swift motion he pushed himself away from the wall and walked toward the stage. His eyes still focused on JaeBeom. The latter also quickly put his microphone in its place and hopped off stage. With hasty steps he closed in the distance between him and Chrigu and stopped right in front of him.

JinYoung heard JaeBeom say something in that rough sounding language he was surrounded by since he came to Switzerland. However, he still was unable to tell what the other had said. It must have been something good though as Chrigu smiled brightly and then leaned forward to capture JaeBeom's lips. JinYoung's eyes widened in shock when he saw that. It wasn't as if he didn't know that both of them were an item. He had been told that they were in a relationship since the first day he had moved into the place next to JaeBeom’s. However, during his stay as JaeBeom's neighbour he never really witnessed them being this sweet with each other. On the contrary even.

JinYoung instantly turned his head away to avoid staring as he was raised with the belief that staring at others was a rude thing to do. His eyes fell on DoWoon whose eyes were still fixed on the kissing couple in front of them. DoWoon's lips were pursed as if he didn't approve of this at all. Nevertheless, no words escaped his lips to voice his thoughts. Instead of that he kept on silently staring at the couple. After a while, however, he finally shook his head and turned his head away as well. Their maknae's eyes wandered around and finally locked with JinYoung's. With much interest, DoWoon studied the idol and shyly smiled at him. Only when someone loudly cleared his throat did he shift his focus back to the couple as the noise was coming from them.

"Guys, let's take five! I'll be right back," JaeBeom said while holding Chrigu's hand and a happy smile on his face.

The group quickly exchanged looks but then nodded in agreement. Happy with the answer of his band members JaeBeom pulled Chrigu towards the entrance again to disappear through the door. Once the door closed behind them DoWoon hit a certain combination of drums before he put the drumsticks down and stared at the others as if nothing had just happened.

Jae and Brian exchanged a worried glance with each other. They spoke softly but JinYoung was still able to hear a few snippets of the few words they said to each other.

"Do you think something happened again?" Jae asked to which Brian just slowly shook his head. Brian gave Jae an answer but the words never found their way to JinYoung. With long steps he left his keyboard behind and stood next to Jae.

"Why do you think that something happened?" he asked, curious to hear the answer from the other, which made Jae study JinYoung with an unsure expression on his face. He was about to say something but SungJin beat him to it: "Because it's usually not a good sign when Chrigu suddenly appears. Come to think of it, I don't think he ever was here when we had a band practice. Don't worry though. This doesn't have to mean anything"

"Possible," Jae said thoughtfully: "but highly unlikely in my opinion. I mean after last time-"
Jae suddenly stopped talking and solemnly stared down at his guitar. With soft fingers he touched a string and picked it. Curious as to what the elder meant with that, JinYoung stared at Jae. There was something that the u

Please log in to read the full chapter