A Walk in the Sun?

I Wanna Hold You
Please log in to read the full chapter

A black car with tons of advertisements on it and squeaky brakes, stopped in front of an old looking building complex. Wonpil, who'd been sitting in the front seat, took out his wallet to pay the taxi driver with a bright smile on his face. The driver grumpily took the money, counted it twice to make sure he received the right amount and finally grunted in acknowledgement that he received enough money for his service. The elderly driver got out of the car with a quick motion to open the baggage area of the car.

The three young men got out of the car as well and heaved a big black suitcase from the back seat. The elderly Swiss man mumbled some quick and rough sounding words while taking two smaller looking suitcases out of the truck of his car. The words must have been nasty ones as WonPil's expression darkened and he started to answer the driver with similar rough sounding words.

JinYoung didn't really care, though. He hastily took the handle of his trustworthy suitcase and pushed it a bit further away from the car they just arrived in. With curious eyes he took a look at his surrounding. Nothing around him made him feel like he's currently standing in a big city. There were no skyscrapers and the traffic wasn’t nearly as heavy as he was used to. Instead of skyscrapers, however, he saw elderly looking stone buildings. Most of them were only hosting four floors. In stark contrast to the green-greyish stone wall hung bright red shutters next to the windows. This sure didn't look like a typical building you’d find in a big city. However, maybe the term city was interpreted differently in Switzerland than in Korea.

Right across the street were mighty green trees that proudly stood on the down-hill slope. Through the leaves and branches of those trees he'd been able to get a short glance at the capital down below. Only ten minutes by car from here and he'd be in the centre of it again. The centre of a big city that looks more like a medium sized village in Korea. However, it was also a sight that was unusual and foreign for the young Korean at the same time. It still was a very beautiful sight, though.

JinYoung shifted his attention back to the building. He noticed a small shop close by. The blue sign above it read 'KKiosk'. However, when JinYoung took a closer look at it, he realised that there were only sweets and magazines for sale in it.

He quickly looked further down the street they just drove up on. Truly nothing he saw right now made him feel like he's standing in a big city. It was just...too green for it.

The taxi drove off in the direction they just came from. JinYoung heard how the other two began to push their suitcases forward. When he turned around to look at them he saw them walking towards the far left one of the three doors on that building complex. Not sure where he should go from here, he decided to follow them. When he reached the blue metallic looking door, however, he stopped. This door didn't look like it led to any kind of apartment. The building next to this one all had mailboxes installed on the walls next to the doors. This building, however, had nothing but a very generic and plain looking graffiti on the wall next to the door. No mailboxes whatsoever.

Confused and curious, JinYoung took a closer look at the building. A sign, he hadn't really paid much attention to before, was installed right above the door. A huge C and S were very prominent on it and formed a logo that looked like a comet with Saturn-like rings surrounding it. The same logo was also imprinted on the unusual big windows on the first floor. When JinYoung looked to his right he saw another sign that read in clear written letters what kind of establishment he was standing in front of.

 

Club Campari Soda

 

So...this was a club? It sure didn't look like one. Still, who knows how this building looks like once the sun goes down and people stream here in masses to have a good time with strangers, alcohol and loud electronic music?

JaeBum, who had reached the metallic door first, quickly opened it and walked through it. He politely held the door open for WonPil, who entered with a happy smile on his face. However, when JinYoung wanted to follow, he was instantly stopped by the elder.

"Where do you think you're going?" he asked and gave JinYoung another evil eye. Eyes that scared and also attracted him at the same time. Eyes so dark and beautiful, that the mere sight of them made his heart skip a beat.

JinYoung began to stutter. He barely managed to fully compose a word now. He wasn't even sure what he wanted to answer the other. He just knew that he had to say something as not saying anything would have made him look even weirder.

Well...maybe keeping silent would have been the better option in the end. However, there was no stopping now. Helplessly he started words and then stopped midway to start another to form a sentence which never really was completed.

WonPil, who had already gone inside, came back to the entrance and mustered the two young man in front of him with a bewildered expression.

"Why aren't you coming in? It’s cold outside," he asked which made JaeBum shot him a very angry look. He grunted something in a rough sounding language which obviously was directed at his friend. JinYoung didn't understand a word of what JaeBum had just said but seeing WonPil raise his eyebrows at what he just heard he assumed that the younger didn't agree with his Hyung. Another set of words were exchanged before WonPil turned his attention towards JinYoung again. He was smiling brightly as if the previous discussion did not happen. However, it's brightness didn't reach WonPil's eyes.

"Believe me, our Hyung is a soft cuddly teddy bear- most of the time. You just met him on a bad day, that's all. Do you want a cup of coffee?" the young handsome man asked politely to which JaeBum snorted angrily.

"He has friends waiting for him. He should go. Now!" JaeBum exclaimed to which WonPil began to muster JinYoung intensely. A devilish looking smirk appeared on his face. He quickly shook his head and set his eyes on JinYoung again.

"I'll take you to that address, JinYoung-ah. It's a bit of a maze up here to find the right streets and stuff. We don't want you to get lost, do we? But first, coffee!" Wonpil happily said and clapped his hands in joy. JaeBum on the other hand wasn't so happy. However, he didn't say a word when WonPil reached for JinYoung's wrist to pull him inside. The narrow corridor he found himself in was barely lit. Nonetheless he was able to tell that the wall to his left was painted in various warm red-ish colours. To his right was some kind of room in which he was able to look into because of a big window front. Long rows of empty cloth rails could be seen behind the counter. This must be the place where the party goers could leave their coats and bags when they get here. On one point the window was fully opened up which confirmed his assumption. This was the point where people could pass through their belongings to an employee.

With quick steps, Wonpil pulled Jinyoung through the corridor and led him to a huge open area. The party hall. Sadly, JinYoung wasn't able to look around for long as WonPil already pulled him around the corner towards a huge wooden looking bar. However, he was able to take a glimpse on a stage at the head of the room. This must be one of those clubs where you can listen to live music. He'd been to some clubs like these in Seoul. It's always good to have some live music when you want to have a good evening with amazing music.

WonPil had led JinYoung to a stool in the middle of the bar front and made him sit down on it. Only a few seconds after following WonPil's request, the young man ran to the upper front of the bar, lifted a part of it to step behind the counter and stood in front of JinYoung with a bright smile. He quickly took out a mug that was stored under the counter and started the coffee machine which wasn't visible from JinYoung's point of view.

"You serve coffee in a club? Isn't that a bit...odd?" JinYoung asked while WonPil started looking for milk and sugar in a small fridge next to the coffee machine. It took him

Please log in to read the full chapter