Lies

I Wanna Hold You
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Don't think so, sweety. I only just met him a few hours ago as well. Now go and get your homework so we'll be able to finish it before dinner," JaeBeom commanded with a soft smile on his lips.

 

JaeYoon, however, didn't seem to be satisfied with that answer. With squinted eyes she stared at JinYoung as if she was trying to see something that has been hidden from her. After a short while, however, she tore her eyes from the young idol and ran into the flat to get her homework. One last time she glanced back at the singer before she disappeared through the door. It was obvious that she wouldn't let this one go any time soon. JinYoung seemed to look way too familiar to her for that.

 

The young man swallowed hard before he turned around to look at JaeBeom. The elder quickly pointed at the door to his left. His expression had hardened again and the serious and somehow angry looking handsome man JinYoung had gotten to know in the past few hours, was back in action again. The sweet and soft side he had shown before was now gone. It was a pity, in JinYoung’s humble opinion.

 

“This is where you're going to sleep tonight. Remember, it's only for one night so don't get too comfortable," he said and pushed a small key into JinYoung's hand before he hastily walked towards the big room at the end of the corridor. A few seconds later, JaeBeom disappeared behind a corner. The elder hasn't looked back at JinYoung even once.

 

JinYoung stared after the other and then took a look at the key he had just been given. Attached to the key was a cute little key chain in the form of a blue cat. On the bottom of the key chain, which also was the collar of the cat, was something engraved:

 

"Please let meow in"

 

JinYoung smiled softly at the cuteness of the key chain. If he wouldn't have seen the soft side of the elder before he would have said that this chain was greatly mismatched with JaeBeom’s character. However, now that he saw the rather soft side of the other he had to admit that it fitted JaeBeom quite well.

 

In a swift move he unlocked the door and entered the flat. When he first stepped through the door he was greeted by another corridor. This one was not as long as the one he had just left but it still looked pretty big.

 

Curiously he pushed his suitcase further and soon entered a nicely decorated living room. All the pieces of furniture matched perfectly with each other and left a warm and cosy feeling when one was looking at them. The room itself felt vivid but also empty at the same time. JinYoung started to wonder if the previous owner of this flat had spent a lot of time in this room. Seeing how carefully it was decorated he believed that this must have been the case.

 

Driven by curiosity he left his suitcase in the living room to inspect the other rooms. There was a big looking bedroom, a small bathroom as well as a room filled with books and a working desk. To his surprise there was no kitchen in this flat. This felt rather weird and strange to him.

 

Everything in the flat itself complemented each other and fitted well together. A friendly place to spend one’s free time at.

 

With long steps JinYoung rushed to the white sofa in the living room and let himself fall into the soft cushions. He spread his body joyfully on it and simply laid there. It was really comfortable. So comfortable in fact, that JinYoung considered spending the night on the sofa. However, knowing that his back wouldn't be thanking him if he decided to do so he sat up again.

 

Big windows across from him showed an amazing sight of the city by night. As there were no other buildings blocking his view he was able to see the star-like lights of the city glittering below. It truly was a stunning view. Sure there weren’t as many lights as in his hometown but it was pretty nevertheless. JinYoung always had liked to watch the skyline of a city at night. The view of an ocean of light was calming to him and never failed to make him feel better.

 

"Junior-Ssi?" a quiet voice suddenly broke the comfortable silence.

 

JinYoung nodded as a sign that he had heard the speaker and kept his eyes on the skyline in front of him. He was so drawn in his own thoughts and the view that it took him a few seconds to realise with which name he had been addressed with. Instantly, he turned around and stared at the speaker. It was JaeYoon.

 

The petite girl stood in the doorway to the living room with her hands crossed in front of her chest. A sly grin was displayed on her face and her eyes were fixed on him with an expression of triumph in them. At that moment she looked so much like her brother.

 

Once JinYoung's eyes landed on her she unfolded her arms and slowly walked towards the idol.

"I'm right, aren't I? You are Junior from GOT6. I knew that your face looked familiar," JaeYoon continued, speaking at a very fast pace. When she reached the sofa she stood directly behind JinYoung. She put her hands down on the back of the sofa and stared at him with an intense gaze.

 

"You must be mistaking me-" JinYoung tried to talk himself out of it but a brisk snort stopped him from continuing. With a quick motion the girl pulled out a rectangular box and softly laid it next to him on the sofa. JinYoung quickly glanced at the box but instantly turned his head away. He didn't need to have a closer look at it as he was all too familiar with the object. It was his album. His band's latest album to be more precise. Again he started to argue that she must be mistaken but the girl just simply shook her head.

 

"Bull!" the girl said and pointed at the album, "the only thing that is missing is your brightly coloured hair. You can't take a fan for a fool when it comes to this!"

 

With a deep sigh JinYoung leaned back and softly shook his head.

"You might be right," he said while closing his eyes for a moment as exhaustion started to roll over him. Both of them kept quiet for a while. Only the soft ticking of a close by wall clock could be heard.

 

With another sigh JinYoung began to talk again: "So- who are you going to tell about this? I guess I need to make a few calls now just to-"

 

"Call? Why would I call someone about this?" JaeYoon interrupted and cocked her head slightly. This made the young girl look really adorable but JinYoung saw this way too many times to fall into the trap.

 

"You know- sources like those internet sites that report on celebrity news. I bet you could earn some good money for reporting this and maybe even give a picture as a proof."

 

Instantly the young girl took a step away from the sofa and looked at JinYoung with a very serious expression on her face. Then she shook her head and said, "I'm not one of those 'fans'. It's true that according to the news sites you’re still in Korea recovering from a sudden illness but I think there is a reason why you're here. Who am I to actually mess with that? Plus there is no way you and your band would ever come to my country so- yeah."

 

JinYoung studied the girl intensely. After a while he carefully started to speak again: "So you won't send out a notification to the news sites? Will you tell your brother-"

 

JaeYoon quickly shook her head and smiled. "I won’t. I promise. Also -about my brother- he wouldn’t believe me anyway. So, you’re safe. It would be nice to know why you're here though," she admitted and a sly grin appeared on her face again.

 

"I mean, first you ruin my book -which I loaned to my brother- and then you follow him home. If I didn’t know any better I'd say that you're hoping to get to know him better," she continued smuggly while winking at him playfully which made JinYoung snort loudly.

 

"You definitely read too much fan fiction"

 

"Au contraire! I definitely read way too less of them. I think the last one I read was four months ago. I just- well I don't like starting incomplete things. Book series don't count, though. I do everything to get my hands on a good book series," JaeYoon said while staring dreamingly in the air. It was only when JinYoung cleared his throat to get her attention back that she shifted her eyes towards him again.

 

"In

Please log in to read the full chapter